- - - - -

Mod Request - Enemy pilot-view camera

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 screamingdemon

screamingdemon
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:35

I was thinking that it would be cool to be able to sit in your opponents' seat and watch the dogfight from that perspective during replay  :icon_mad:

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 04 December 2015 - 15:46

removed

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 04 December 2015 - 19:11

In MP, I don't think this data is sent to other clients, and I don't think it should; it gives to much information about other pilots, their spotting habits etc - just record a clip in MP to see exactly how your enemies work.

In SP, I don't think the AIs are modelled enough to produce realistic PoV movies... if they are not seeing everything around them at once in first place.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#4 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 04 December 2015 - 19:51

It has to be server side (recording) and would be great learning tool :-)

34zg6jd.jpg

#5 Lothar29

Lothar29

Posted 13 January 2016 - 16:03

Good idea

BannerFEOWPiave2012.png

#6 screamingdemon

screamingdemon
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 19 January 2016 - 18:09

How about only in Single Player replay mode?

#7 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 19 January 2016 - 21:17

I'm not sure if AIs act "human" enough to show a "world through AI pilot eyes" ... a human pilot has a FoV that that changes (moves, zooms) at speed that player needs. AIs may have a 360 degrees "all knowing" FoV so you can't show what they are looking at, or if their FoV is limited like humans they may change it to quickly for us to follow, or for it to look good...

Recording what human pilot sees makes good movie material. Recording what AI pilots "sees" is unlikely to be.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#8 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 19 January 2016 - 22:43

"world through AI pilot eyes"

The AI seem to have a 360 deg.view of each deg. for the 360 deg. circle. That would be like at the center of a sphere and seeing the entire surface at once. I think that would be almost impossible to represent on a flat computer screen.  

#9 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:28

I am not sure why something like this would be impossible - not so much "through AI eyes", but simply to place the camera in or near the enemy cockpit.

Let us just say SP replay to avoid the information issues: if I have a track I can exit into free camera at any time, reposition the camera anywhere I like, including close to the enemy plane, and then start filming and start the track.

Two problems currently -

1) You have to be careful with free camera positions close to objects (including your own plane) otherwise you can develop X-ray vision and see into them. Finding a position where this does not happen can be a bit of a pain, and I have really only solved it by trial and error without thinking about it too much.

2) The free camera is static or moved by hand - ie it is taking it's position coordinates relative to the map. So it not practical to use it to sit on/near a plane's cockpit. The game is perfectly capable of taking it's coordinated relative to an object, it is just that when you use one of those camera modes you lose the directional control on where the camera is pointed - ie it reorientates itself to point at the selected object when you move the camera so that you see the object from various angles. 

So, I can, and have, managed to film the player aircraft from the position (and pov) of a ground target, by using Free Camera. But not from another flying object.

But I am sure this could be done: you need to combine the free camera directional control with the object view coordinates. All the information is there in the track. Actually if I were prepared to do this frame by frame I could do it now by hand.  :icon_eek:

I suspect this was rejected as a camera option for the same reason that handicaps other potential features of the game - MP "cheating" issues - I cannot see why there is a technical issue. 

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#10 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 20 January 2016 - 20:31

unreasonable have you tried a combination of "Camera ext. free: enemy,friendly  plus Camera padlock: enemy, friendly? :icon_e_salute:  

#11 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 20 January 2016 - 20:38

unreasonable have you tried a combination of "Camera ext. free: enemy,friendly  plus Camera padlock: enemy, friendly? :icon_e_salute:  

Gulp - TBH the only cameras I have ever used for any length of time are the in-cockpit view and the free camera, since I am confused enough just with those two!

Let me see if I can work that out.

(P.S. Does it work?)

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#12 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 20 January 2016 - 20:45

Gulp - TBH the only cameras I have ever used for any length of time are the in-cockpit view and the free camera, since I am confused enough just with those two!

Let me see if I can work that out.

(P.S. Does it work?)

:icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_e_salute:

#13 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 20 January 2016 - 21:14

I think I have just had my leg pulled .... ;)

(Probably fair revenge for my Deliverance joke...)

#14 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 20 January 2016 - 21:23

I think I have just had my leg pulled .... ;)

Nope I use it all the time when spectating, but it does not give in cockpit view.

Attached File  padlock.jpg   162.12KB   0 downloads

:icon_e_salute:

(Probably fair revenge for my Deliverance joke...)

Pardon Me I don't play the banjo,fiddle or the guitar, but I did like the movie. :P  :)  ;) 

#15 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 20 January 2016 - 22:05

OK -  I see how that would work for spectating but I would not want to use it in a movie - I do not like the way the planes seem to rotate about in space in those views as though they were on a stand - the sense of forwards motion is lost.

So I have all of those camera position keys reassigned, so that RAlt + F1 sends an SMS to the GF to get a me coffee, + F2 a beer, +F3 a ... well, you get the picture. Actually you do not get the picture, I am keeping them to myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users