- - - - -

Some different stuff happening while in PWCM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Deej

Deej
  • LocationOttawa Ontario Canada

Posted 16 November 2015 - 21:31

Hello there. I have successfully down loaded Pat Wisons Campaign Manager-latest Version along with the latest ver of GUI. Started a career 1Jan16 with 1 Sqdn out of Bailleul. Had some different stuff occurring while playing in the campaign. First thing is that after completing a mission and flying back to base my flight does not land at Bailleul it just keeps flying on. This occurs regularly. I've also had a ground attack mission where the troop concentrations were located in the sea. Next is the AAA gunners on the German side are actually British. I've also witnessed ammo wagons wander into and sink into streams and rivers. Trains that are at rest with the locomotive on the tracks and the rest of the cars behind it on the grass field. The mission map seems to extend west into the sea. My journal and the Sqdn journal indicate flying either Morane or Bristol type a/c. I also notice that every second mission I get winter landscape and the following day the snow is gone and all is green? This is in January. I realize this is Europe but this seems a tad odd. Any suggestions, thoughts or guidance is, as always appreciated. Thank you.

Deej

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:17

First thing is that after completing a mission and flying back to base my flight does not land at Bailleul it just keeps flying on. This occurs regularly.

I think Pat did this on purpose - there were so many people reporting troubles with AI planes crashing when trying to land that I think Pat told them not to land, so the player could land his own plane and end the mission without losing his whole flight to landing accidents.

I also notice that every second mission I get winter landscape and the following day the snow is gone and all is green? This is in January. I realize this is Europe but this seems a tad odd. 

I think this may be a result of your campaign unit moving back and forth between the Channel Map and the main Western Front Map (Career mode doesn't allow careers to span between the maps, but I think PWCG does), though it seems odd that it would do it so frequently.  Unfortunately, while the West Front map has seasonal map variants available, they only released the Channel Map in one (Summer) variant, so if you're switching back and forth between the maps during January that could explain why the snow is coming and going.

Not sure what's going on with the rest of that stuff - perhaps Pat can shed some light.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#3 Deej

Deej

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:41

Thanks very much for the info again Pantercules. Very helpful indeed!! The campaign generator by Pat is fantastic anyway and I enjoy it immensely regardless. I just thought it was probably something I had done wrong by installation. I'm About to download your german watch for the cockpit mod. Thanks again for your help and the mods.
Best regards
Deej

#4 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 November 2015 - 20:05

Thanks very much for the info again Pantercules. Very helpful indeed!! The campaign generator by Pat is fantastic anyway and I enjoy it immensely regardless. I just thought it was probably something I had done wrong by installation. I'm About to download your german watch for the cockpit mod. Thanks again for your help and the mods.
Best regards
Deej

That's actually not my German watch mod - I just uploaded some files for Liberator to work with - it's his mod, actually.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#5 Deej

Deej

Posted 18 November 2015 - 00:55

Hey Panthercules. You were correct about the map switching between Channel and Western Front. When I was in Pats campaign manager and selecting a mission I noticed that when I selected those missions close to or over the Channel the season would be summering. When I chose the missions just over the western front mainland my season showed winter landscape for Jan and now Feb. I basically just scrub the missions over or near the Channel and all is proper. Still have British gunners manning some AA guns just over on the German lines and visa versa. AA gunners and MG gunners are also positioned in rivers and in the open w/o protective sand bags. Any ideas? Also when I was on a line patrol heading to the coast to strafe an ammo supply dump I noticed that all along our flight path along German lines as we flew on MG and AA gunners morphed out of nowhere. There were like a dozen just appearing on the ground as my flight flew along towards the target. He'll even the British 13 pound AA guns joined in the fun. Needless to say my flight leader was quickly dispatched. I was next in line and took the other flight member more in land, away from the main front and low and behold-no more MG's and AA. Made it to the target and strafed the trucks and ammo stock pikes until my ammunition was spent. Everything was intact,no damages on trucks etc. I'm not the greatest shot in the sim world but I'm not the worst either but I know I hit several ammo stock poles and trucks which some should have blown up or been left smoking and riddled. Any idea's? Is it normal during the early part of 1916 over the front to observe only 1 observation balloon along the front for the British and German lines? I encounter only 1 in land around nothing really strategically important. Should I tinker around with the advanced config in the campaign manager and add more balloons or just leave it as is? Anything you might suggest I do and set within the advanced config in the CM? What is the map editor for and should I bother with this? I haven't touched it as of yet. Any help you can give would be great thanks. Cheers!!

Deej

#6 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:12

Not sure about a lot of the stuff you mentioned, but your comments about the AA/MG gunners makes me wonder if maybe you've got the "moving front" feature of PWCG activated - I'm not even sure if it's still in the lastest version of PWCG (I never used it so I haven't looked for it lately), but if it is and it's active that could result in the kind of thing you're seeing, because the front lines for the mission objects don't coincide with the trenches/NML textures on the map or the game terrain any more.  Might be something to check into.

The early part of 1916 is kind of a crap shoot/compromise anyway, since the game and its plane set really aren't designed for that early in the war (the game's Career Mode doesn't start until the Fall of 1916, for that very reason), so I'm not sure what's normal to expect as far as balloons and such during that time frame.  I'm sure Pat could provide some better insights, if he gets a chance to drop by and respond.

#7 Deej

Deej

Posted 18 November 2015 - 14:33

Thanks Panthercules. I have moving front ticked off so I will untic that box and go with static front. Any suggestions regarding the map editor or should I not bother and leave as is? Never used a map editor before even when I was playing RB2 & RB3D. Everything else is running fine so I will tinker around abit later with things and do some fine tweaking. Anything else you can suggest I'm all ears. Cheers!!

Deej

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users