Photo
- - - - -

activation issues

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 necron7894

necron7894

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:41

hi, ive recently brought a hard copy of the game from my local eb games store. when i try to login my profile, it shows a #5 error message, so i goto register the game, but the product code comes up with another error message:

Dear customer!
Unfortunately, something went wrong during the activation of your key. Please, submit a ticket to our customer service so we could resolve the situation for you.

ive filed tickets, and showed photos of disk, cover, product code, case etc. but no ones gotten back, nor has the problem been solved. how long does it usually take to solve this issue, and can the issue be fixed?

ive also looked into this problem, and found its quite common with hard copys, reason its a iron cross disk, not a channel battles one.

plz help when you can, i really enjoy this game.

#2 J/Young

J/Young

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:41

I have also had problems activating my dvd.   After I click Activate a box pops up as says, "Your connection to Master- Server was temporarily lost.  (yet there was nothing wrong with my internet )

Can you give me any help?

#3 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:27

Did you activate it in-game? The older versions of Rise of Flight (such as some CD versions) had in-game activation feature that has been removed and may no longer be supported.

You activate your CD key here, nowadays. Always, no matter what version of game you have, if you have a product key, log into the site, activate it on page below, and when you log into RoF with the same account it will be there.
http://riseofflight....e/license-keys/

Best way to get RoF is to download the current version of program. The newest CD version I know of is two years old, and will need to update itself to be plyable, anyway.]

Finally, sometimes you lose connection to master server even if your internet is working. It may be related to your DNS server, or to your firewall, or just be one of these days.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#4 edhunterdr1

edhunterdr1

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:54

Same problem, brand new sealed game. Have read thruout the forum, tried all the "fixes" still same same. Seems to be not too uncommon an issue with this game.

#5 edhunterdr1

edhunterdr1

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:12

Returning game for refund. Great support. Bet get a response now...don't bother.

#6 minecraftman

minecraftman

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:34

Not happy either, getting the same problems as the other two posters, not much fun when your child buys a game and expects to be able to play

it soon after getting home, only to find you have to jump through a shit load of hoops to get the damn thing running, Game companies

have to get their activation shit together. Folks just want to buy the game and play, not jump through hoops and stuff around for four hours before

being able to play.  (if you can activate it).

#7 buzz_37

buzz_37
  • LocationYooperland, you betcha!

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:48

Same activation issue here.  I just purchased ROF: Channel Battle Edition, and noticed that my DVD says "Iron Cross Edition Ver. 1.031b".   :icon_e_sad:   Brand New shrink wrapped boxed edition from Amazon.  Is there a way to get a replacement Channel Battle Edition DVD from the publisher/developer?  

~~~ "In some cultures, my behaviour would be considered normal."  ~~~

#8 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 January 2017 - 19:40

Welcome to the Forums!

Sorry you're having problems - it's kinda too bad that they can't stop people from selling these old boxed/physical copies, cause they seem to spawn all sorts of problems (of course, we don't see all the times when they work just fine, so maybe it's not as bad as it seems from seeing these kinds of posts).

As far as I know, Trup's post #3 above is still the best bet for getting one of these old things to work, i.e., forget trying to install from the disks - use the current Free-2-Play D/L to install the game and update it if needed, and then use the website to activate the key/code/content from the package you bought.  

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#9 buzz_37

buzz_37

Posted 28 January 2017 - 23:01

Thanks for the kind reply Panthercules.  There was a 1+GB update after installing from disc.  The game menu states I have Free-2-Play installed, with its own licence key.  And I did try to update via the website (the in-game update is greyed-out) and still got the error.  I can see all the additional aircraft (e.g. Felixstowe flying boat) but they are locked.  I have yet to receive a reply from tech support.  Thanks again for the suggestion!

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:18

You will of course see all the other planes because they are all already in the game to be flown against/by AI - buying the plane simply unlocks the ability for you to fly the plane.

I've already bought everything they have made available so I can't test this myself on my account, but exactly what steps did you follow to try to activate your license key from your boxed edition?  It sounds like you got the basic installation of the F-2-P version working, if you got the game updated and you can fly the 3 free planes.  Next step would seem to be to go visit the website Trup linked to in post 3 above (not to update the game, but to activate your key).  The web site should look something like this (after you've entered your login e-mail/password info on the preceding screen that you get to first after clicking the link):

RoF%20-%20license%20key%20activation%20s

If you type your license key from your boxed version into the space provided and click on the activate button, that license key should be added to your list down at the bottom of the screen and you should be good to go.  (Of course, you will need to log into the game at least one time using the "log in online" choice so their server can tell your copy of the game that the new content is available to you.)

If it still isn't working after doing that, I guess submitting a ticket is probably your best bet - hopefully they help you get it sorted out.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#11 buzz_37

buzz_37

Posted 29 January 2017 - 16:51

Thanks Panthercules, for the helpful reply.  I tried your suggesions, in case I hadn't registered properly before.  Logged in several times online -- Check.  Followed through with #3's links/suggestions -- Check.  I still get the following after logging in and typing in the key from the box (see attached photo).  I 've already submitted one trouble ticket with no reply as yet.  After looking at the other posts on the forum, perhaps I should submit a new ticket with photos of the box, disc, Product Key, and receipt.  Thanks again for being so attentive and helpful!  It's very much appreciated.

Attached Files

#12 buzz_37

buzz_37

Posted 31 January 2017 - 22:43

I resubmitted my trouble ticket with jpegs of the case, disc, product key, & receipt.  My account was activated within 12 hours of resending the trouble ticket.  Thanks Panthercules, for the help and encouragement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users