Photo
- - - - -

AI tactics - use advantage of each plane

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Armored_Sheep

Armored_Sheep

Posted 17 November 2009 - 16:39

AI flying faster, but not that well turning aircrafts should use their advantages and not try to turn with better turning enemy. It was well done in first releases but than, probably after some whining, allied AI was crippled. SPADS and SE5 now do turn a lot in mostly horisontal circles which makes them easy targets for german turning planes. The effectivness of aircraft use should be bind to the AI skill.

#2 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 17 November 2009 - 18:28

I agree. Spads and Nieuports used to run away from slower German planes. Although this is a pain in the butt to fight against, it's certainly a viable tactic. The only problem with it before was that AI wouldn't return to battle until they had flown 1k away. They also had dead-accurate aim in head on passes which was quite a pain in the butt.

It would be nice if AI just tried to get altitude over you, but that might be too complex of a behavior to program. Anyhow, it's very painful to watch AI SPADs try to turn with German fighers. Please modify AI tactics a little. As much as I love destroying AI planes, they ought to put up a fight.

#3 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 17 November 2009 - 19:52

The only problem with it before was that AI wouldn't return to battle until they had flown 1k away.

Many human pilots fly that way online. Heck, some have to extend BVR before they'll return to a fight.

I agree that AI needs more tweaking. Their insistence on the HO shot makes them easy to kill, just like human pilots who employ the same tactics. Still, RoF is light years better than Il-2 in terms of AI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users