Crashed planes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FreeS0uL

FreeS0uL
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:45

Good day,

Is there a mod out there or a file I could modify so the crashed planes stay on the ground the time of the mission?
I think they disappear too fast, I know it's just a detail but I'm all about immersion and realism and I never liked disappearing objects in games/simulators.  :P

Thanks!  :icon_e_salute:

#2 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:23

Yes!

And the self healing shell holes... (They could heal much slower...)

At least the train seems to hang around for a while after being shot up.

Salute!

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#3 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:55

Good day,

Is there a mod out there or a file I could modify so the crashed planes stay on the ground the time of the mission?
I think they disappear too fast, I know it's just a detail but I'm all about immersion and realism and I never liked disappearing objects in games/simulators.

This isn't something that a player should be allowed to control.

If you build your own maps then you may set each vehicle's 'Delete after death' flag. If this parameter is false then the vehicle does not vanish, although currently it does not work for locomotives which disappear quite soon, whereas orphaned rolling stock takes about ten minutes to evaporate.

In mission building it is good practice actively to delete a destroyed vehicle prior to re-spawning it, otherwise situations could arise where for instance an AI plane gets destroyed on an airfield then its successor spawns into the wreckage.

Polish-infested London

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users