Photo
- - - - -

Extract vibration effects like AoA and other vibrations to external devices?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sporg

Sporg

Posted 29 August 2015 - 20:31

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible in any way to extract airplane vibration effects for use with external devices?

Other than using the sounds?

The reason I ask is that I am using another simulator, where a guy have developed a very good software to use with a seat vibration device.

This gives very realistic and useful effects when flying, and really enhances the immersion.

The effects can also be used with ButtKicker devices and here they work better than just using sounds.

The effects are for instance ground bumps when taxiing/taking off, engine rumble and resonances, gun fire vibration, and very important, angle of attack vibrations when nearing a stall.

Especially when flying a propeller plane these effects are of brilliant use.

Even the slight bump of releasing bombs can be felt.

In the other sim, some of the effects can be taken directly from game files, in some cases for instance instrument panel vibrations or similar.

This gives a better resolution than if one is just using the game sounds.

The effects can even be discerned in the left or the right side, in the butt or up ones back.

Is it possible to extract such effects in a similar way from RoF?

Or could it be made possible through a protocol of some sorts?

I would love to feel the world of vibrations there would be in such a lightweight and simple plane as the ones from WW I. :)

#2 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:03

I was wondering if it is possible to extract wind strength and direction info and link those data to fan matrix hehe - like they have it in oculus rift booth with some 10 minutes demos.

34zg6jd.jpg

#3 Sporg

Sporg

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:29

Heh, that's a good idea also. :)

Anyway, a kind of protocol that exported effects data would be super.
Then people could develop the devices they like.

I can say, flying with vibration effects gives a sense of "seat of the pants flying" like nothing else.

And it could be a selling point for the sim as well. ;)

#4 SYN_Skydance

SYN_Skydance

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:36

You could connect a fan directly to your throttle input.

Be careful though.... If your fan is too big you could end up looking like this!!!!

Attached File  image.jpg   6.66KB   0 downloads

#5 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:50

You could connect a fan directly to your throttle input.

Be careful though.... If your fan is too big you could end up looking like this!!!!

image.jpg

Hehe i do not like taste of flys. Well Greatest wind i would have from dive but then i have throttle down, to do not over rev my engine ;)

34zg6jd.jpg

#6 Scrogger

Scrogger

Posted 25 October 2015 - 13:20

Hi Sporg,

It's done by way of tactile transducers run by some pretty decent amps and specialized software that pulls telemetry information from whatever sim you are playing. It's very popular in sim racing. 

These guys do it best http://simxperience....ts/simvibe.aspx  unfortunately they focus pretty much just on driving games. You can do it to some degree using the tactile transducers (buttkickers) and just the game sounds (It works from sound frequency) but it's nowhere near as good as using the actual telemetry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users