Photo
- - - - -

Rear Gunner kill issue ....

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 WF2

WF2

Posted 16 November 2009 - 13:24

Has anyone been able to kill a rear gunner from shooting through the bottom or side of the 2-seater?

Seems I get a kill only if I hit the gunners body that is sticking out of the cockpit.

I feel that this does need to be looked at, based that the plane is of fabric covering and the bullets should pass through and hit anything inside the plane. This should take out the pilot and or gunner if hits are within the correct area.

That may also be the same with single seat fighters.

Please test this and see if this is what you find happens too?

#2 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 16 November 2009 - 14:27

I have neitrher killed the pilot of any plane or the rear gunner by shooting through the feuselage. Its like the bullets just dont do anything there. Unless there is an item behind it IE fuel tank or engine hitting the main body of the planes does nothing. No shattering of guages when my cockpit is hit, no control cables severed. Hell I havnt even been shot in the foot yet because when I look down I dont have any. I honestly think the pilots in planes and crew are only rendered above the waist and cant be hurt below it. Spads are very hard to kill the pilot cause only his little skull is visible.

#3 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 16 November 2009 - 15:56

Alternatively there is no penetration modelled.

#4 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 16 November 2009 - 16:40

that would explain why you cant kill a pilot or gunner through the canvas of a plane. I suspect there were alot more dead six kills in WW1 than we are lead to believe. You shouldnt have to be above the plane to hit the pilot, wood and canvas will deflect rounds for sure but when you pump a load through the rear end of a plane something should happen.

#5 Hereward_Hawker

Hereward_Hawker

Posted 16 November 2009 - 20:59

Well, a good pointed burst (10 rounds) from below should kill anyone, a bit of canvas and a wiker chair won't save your ass… An at least it worked to René Fonk.

I'm wondering then how we'll be able to shoot a Junkers J.I. It had heavy armour protecting the engine and crew.

#6 GazzaV.Gazza

GazzaV.Gazza

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:15

Oh man, I thought I just sucked at shooting! Now I see that you can't kill the pilot or gunner except from above.

Please make that number 1. on my GRRRRR list.

#7 Herodotus

Herodotus
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:03

I've killed two pilots and one tail gunner so far, and only then when I was firing at them directly from above. Any other attempt just seems to leave a rip in the fueselage. However, it also applies to me. I've seen the damage to my kite that I often shouldn't have lived through, but then the AI tend to hit my engine or my head far more than the fabric.

#8 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:02

Still no comment from Neoq on why crews cant/if they can be killed from underneath…oops I better be nice they might clam up, oh wait you have to open up before you can clam up. Might I add I never can kill any crews from any other angle then above. I guess this simulation is simulating the bullet proof characteristics of canvas and wood.

#9 non_unique_name_22

non_unique_name_22

Posted 23 November 2009 - 22:12

from the book German Aces WWI(A Schiffer Military History Book) we can see
the name of gunner. It`s Feldwebel Friedrich Huffzky(Schlachtstaffel 15)
and 9 air victories.

#10 Herodotus

Herodotus
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 November 2009 - 20:33

from the book German Aces WWI(A Schiffer Military History Book) we can see
the name of gunner. It`s Feldwebel Friedrich Huffzky(Schlachtstaffel 15)
and 9 air victories.
I think his skill set has been modelled for RoF. I get his clone in every backseat.

#11 =IRFC=Comet

=IRFC=Comet

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:09

Not being able to shoot the pilot through the linen?

Pilot only a target above the cockpit?

Please tell me this is not the case.

Unfortunately, this seems to be true, because like many of you, I've poured rounds into this area with no apparent effect.

Shooting from behind/below was one of the most common attack methods, especially on two-seaters.

If this is true, it needs to be rectified ASAP.

How could something like this be overlooked by the developers?

#12 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 29 November 2009 - 13:51

How could something like this be overlooked by the developers?

"Overlooked" is much different than "given low priority". Simply because it hasn't been tweaked yet doesn't mean they don't know about it.

#13 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 29 November 2009 - 19:15

Yeah but how do we know its either if somone doesnt say a thing? How do we know they care or its even important or on the table somewhere unless we ask. I guess we can ask all we want but we still have not gotten an answer, well at least that I have saw. I will say it again, it takes 5 minutes of time at most to say yes the bullets pass through or no, simple. Dont give me the party line of "Well if they are responding on the forums they arent developing the game" That is bull, unless none of these fellows have a home computer and cant take a couple minutes to talk to people who zealously defend their product and support them, than shame on them.

#14 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 29 November 2009 - 21:51

Yeah but how do we know its either if somone doesnt say a thing? How do we know they care or its even important or on the table somewhere unless we ask. I guess we can ask all we want but we still have not gotten an answer, well at least that I have saw. I will say it again, it takes 5 minutes of time at most to say yes the bullets pass through or no, simple. Dont give me the party line of "Well if they are responding on the forums they arent developing the game" That is bull, unless none of these fellows have a home computer and cant take a couple minutes to talk to people who zealously defend their product and support them, than shame on them.

Well since you refuse to accept the reason for a lack of response (they are doing their actual job of working on the game), I'm not sure there is a way for you to be satisfied. Could they spend every waking moment, both at the office and at home, in dedication to Rise of Flight? I guess they could, but let's face it, you probably wouldn't and neither would I. As it is, they spend VERY long hours at the office (sometimes averaging between 12 and 15 per day). You then want them to go home, ignore their families and whatever freetime they may have just to come on here and answer questions?

Maybe I'm just weird, but I would prefer that these hard working fellows get some free/family time, especially given how hard they are working. If that means we don't know the answers to some (pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things) questions about RoF, so be it.

And you know, developers have absolutely no responsibility to even have forums or leaderboards or blogs or any of that. The only thing you are paying for is content. Anything beyond that is a gift. Please don't mistake a steady stream of gifts as something you now have a "right" to.

#15 BarmyFailure

BarmyFailure

Posted 29 November 2009 - 22:20

You're right stethnorun, I think Viper is acting as a demanding custumer hier, and missunderstands what making a game like RoF is. It's not any dev's job to post on any forum, you can't blame them for spending their free time far away from RoF. Viper, You sould be blaming lefty ;) but again he can not follow every thread even if it's his job to "manage the community". I'm sure he or a co-worker will drop a word about it when more importent concerns are dealt with. It's a matter of priority, let's just be patient, and be gratefull for all the efforts neoqb is making to keep us informed.

(By the way, where is the weekly news ;), I guess they must be a little late on the patch, thus rushing every effort into it, COME ON GUY'S I KNOW IT'S A TOUGHT JOB I'M WITH YOU YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT :mrgreen: )

#16 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 29 November 2009 - 23:49

Hey I can accept that. Do they have a community representative? If not then that is another problem, lack of being able to deligate responsibilities.

"Go Team!"

#17 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 30 November 2009 - 00:21

Hey I can accept that. Do they have a community representative? If not then that is another problem, lack of being able to deligate responsibilities. Hell if you look at my history of posts you will see I have probably helped more people then any of the guys from Neoqb. Thats my "gift" to them helping their customers. I take time out of my work day to help answer questions on these forums why shouldnt they? Well hell I am done arguing this point because its obvious unless you go the party line and say "yay team" all you get is ridicueled. trust me I want them to succeed but they arent going to sell a damn game without good word of mouth and we all know what spreads faster then good news.

Solid gameplay? Whether or not this or that little question gets answered in a "timely" fashion is not going to make or break this game. Improving gameplay is the main focus. Keeping the community updated with blog posts is secondary. Answering random questions on the boards (of a different language, no less) is way down the list. Sorry, but them's the facts.

You can reduce my logically sound and calmly stated comments down to "Yay team" if you want. But that's not what I said so you are, in fact, not even grappling with my posts. You are just reducing them down to extreme, lack-of-thought, knee-jerk responses. They are actually quite the opposite.

If you would like the continue the conversation in private, feel free to shoot me a PM. In the mean time, I think this question has been fully covered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users