Photo
- - - - -

Windows 10 installed, joystick no longer works.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 21 August 2015 - 21:58

I installed Windows 10 today, and now RoF no longer recognizes my Saitek X52.

RoF is still set to "joystick", but I cannot use mine.

Reconnecting the USB has not helped.

I'm hoping that some user more tech savvy than I can help me.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#2 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 21 August 2015 - 23:50

Afraid I can't help you, you might want to have a look at this topic however...

http://riseofflight....all-windows-10/

Good luck  S!

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#3 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 22 August 2015 - 20:37

I now find that Windows 10 does recognize that my joystick and rudder are connected..... they just will not work.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#4 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 22 August 2015 - 21:34

Check the drivers, I bet Microsoft drivers have replaced your original hardware drivers. I had similar problems and have reverted back to Windows 7. Everything is back to working order now  :icon_e_salute:

Sorry About That                                                           

#5 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:27

Check the drivers, I bet Microsoft drivers have replaced your original hardware drivers. I had similar problems and have reverted back to Windows 7. Everything is back to working order now  :icon_e_salute:

There's your answer .... I just installed Windows 10 and I up dated all my drivers ... And everything works just fine .... here's hoping yours will too.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#6 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:15

There's your answer .... I just installed Windows 10 and I up dated all my drivers ... And everything works just fine .... here's hoping yours will too.

Chief

This appears to be what happened. I attempted to download new drivers for my X52 from Saitek's site, but the download was just an installation file of an app for another download site which charges for the downloads .....  I will probably pay it, eventually.

In the meanwhile, I have an X52 Pro which a friend gave to me, that works on Windows 10 .... but damn, I miss my rudder pedals!

#7 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 24 August 2015 - 16:42

I found that if your hardware's driver is not digitally signed, Microsoft will not recognize it, or allow you to install it. Good Luck !  :icon_e_salute:

Sorry About That                                                           

#8 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:23

I found that if your hardware's driver is not digitally signed, Microsoft will not recognize it, or allow you to install it. Good Luck !  :icon_e_salute:

Yet another reason to be frustrated with Microsoft !

I had no software installed with the X52 .... just plugged in and flew. So as it was plugged in at the time of updating to Windows 10, and it now no longer works, Windows 10 directly affected the hardware inside the control stick and my flight pedals. 

I highly recommend that anyone upgrading to Windows 10 unplug their flight stick and pedals before doing so!

Thankfully, the X52 Pro that I have is working on Windows 10, just by plugging it in ....  but man, do I miss my rudder pedals.

#9 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 26 August 2015 - 00:33

Which rudder pedals bomtoolate? I use the cheaper Saitek myself and they seem to work fine. Are the pedals responding at all?

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#10 jbavenell

jbavenell

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:50

I'm in exactly the same boat. Got my X52 today + pro flight rudder pedals. They worked brilliantly the first time. Then windows did some updating and now neither respond. Everything perfect when I go into the built in windows utility to calibrate, but RoF just won't recognise em :(

#11 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:53

Sorry to hear about all these problems with your controllers jbavenell. But I have the Saitek X52 Pro and the pedals and I just flew for quite awhile this morning in our Wargrounds server with no apparent problems. So though I do not have an idea what is wrong with your setup, I am comfident that they will work with Windows 10 as mine do. The one thing that comes to mind is that mine were already installed when I installed Windows 10. And you said you just installed yours. After Windows 10 was installed?

I just found this on the ATAG forums that may or may not help you ---> Saitek Windows 10 Drivers released

Finally some good news, at least I hope , from Saitek. For those who has a Saitek/Madcatz product there is finally a win10 driver. I hope it also gives support for USB 3.0 port for those who had problems with it. I have not tried it myself yet. I advise not only download the drivers/software but READ also the description what is written there because you need to install it with some little care to avoid problems.‚Äč

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#12 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 05 September 2015 - 17:40

I'm in exactly the same boat. Got my X52 today + pro flight rudder pedals. They worked brilliantly the first time. Then windows did some updating and now neither respond. Everything perfect when I go into the built in windows utility to calibrate, but RoF just won't recognise em :(

Perhaps the controller numbers have been re-assigned. To be certain, try the following:

At the main screen, click on the gearwheel symbol at the bottom right. Click on 'Controls', then at the left click 'Plane Controls' then in the table find 'Plane control pitch'. The currently assigned controls will be displayed. One will probably refer to a joystick; delete that one then click in the empty box to display the assign dialogue. Without touching anything else, push the joystick forward; the name of the recognised controller should then display. Click on 'Apply' then repeat for the other axes. Finally you must click on apply at the bottom of the screen.

Polish-infested London

#13 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 06 September 2015 - 16:02

The joystick order may have been inverted. After upgrading my system to Win10 I lost a good couple hours cleaning registry and reconnecting my Warthog and pedals until getting them "right". Worse yet, Windows would reassign ports "shuffling" them every boot. Took another 30 minutes and an USB viewer tool to fix this,
One simple way to check if your joy/rudders are being recognized is just to reassing them inside the game, If the game can see them, then I recommend just reassign all commands again. trust me, it will be less work then (like me) forcing Windows to put them in the "correct order".
If they aren't seen after reassigning some controls and testing, then check drivers and port conflicts.
Godspeed.

#14 jbavenell

jbavenell

Posted 07 September 2015 - 00:11

Perhaps the controller numbers have been re-assigned. To be certain, try the following:

At the main screen, click on the gearwheel symbol at the bottom right. Click on 'Controls', then at the left click 'Plane Controls' then in the table find 'Plane control pitch'. The currently assigned controls will be displayed. One will probably refer to a joystick; delete that one then click in the empty box to display the assign dialogue. Without touching anything else, push the joystick forward; the name of the recognised controller should then display. Click on 'Apply' then repeat for the other axes. Finally you must click on apply at the bottom of the screen.

Ben,

This was exactly the problem. My pedals had become "joystick 0" and my stick had become "joystick 1" after the update. Reassigning every axis and button fixed the problem. I am having no problems with Windows 10 now. Thank you very much for your help gentlemen.

Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users