- - - - -

Is SPAD 13 really that bad?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:35

3 strikes rule is just the RoF's pilot's damage model. 1st wound gives you the red splat vision, 2nd wound a heavy red veil, 3rd wound - you are dead. 

That is not correct.  Most often the pilot is not killed until there are 4 hits.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#42 Uwe_W.

Uwe_W.
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 14:53

I really wish there was a mods to effect just that.

#43 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 27 July 2015 - 16:07

That is not correct.  Most often the pilot is not killed until there are 4 hits.

But can be killed with ONE hit.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#44 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 16:23

I've seen pilots killed by 3 hits, but never 1.  Post the stats if you've got them.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#45 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 27 July 2015 - 16:45

I do not know if MP is the same as SP, but I have always assumed so. I am sure I have never been killed by a single bullet in SP, or even two for that matter. Whether it is always 3 I cannot say for sure, but I use a rule of thumb that says break off and look for friendly base after 1 hit (unless fighting on is actually less dangerous), emergency panic landing anywhere ASAP after 2 hits.

But then it is a long time since I got killed by MG fire in SP: collisions and AAA are much more likely to do for me.

I suppose that it is possible that 1 hit could kill, but by the number of bullets I have to put into enemy AIs to get PKs I very much doubt it.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#46 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 16:56

Whether it is always 3 I cannot say for sure,

You may not be able to say for sure, but I can.  The MP servers keep mission logs, and it almost always takes 4 hits to kill a pilot.  However, there are some occasions when it only takes 3.

Free Plank!

#47 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 27 July 2015 - 19:56

I've seen pilots killed by 3 hits, but never 1.  Post the stats if you've got them.

No stats it was on a training server,(NWBT long time ago) ONE ricochet fired by me.

#48 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 19:57

No stats it was on a training server,(NWBT long time ago) ONE ricochet fired by me.

A one time event with no log data to back it up isn't exactly compelling.

Free Plank!

#49 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 27 July 2015 - 20:02

A one time event with no log data to back it up isn't exactly compelling.

Believe what you want but it happened, and can happen at any time.

#50 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 21:06

It apparently happened once.  That isn't really evidence that it can happen at any time.

Free Plank!

#51 magedogtag

magedogtag

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:33

in a high speed bnz attack i would go for the engine... if you hit the pilot that's a bonus.  from any angle.  this from a 4 day newbie to the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users