Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anybody tried SweetFX 2.0 & Reshader?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 weegie

weegie

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:38

I ask as Jupp over on the IL2 BoS Forum helped me out and I installed for BoS.

Pretty dramatic difference to that game yet I am surprised I have not come across it on here, any particular reason why?

I'm thinking about giving it a go and try to emulate the settings I have for ver 1.5 as base, when I get the time.

Here is the link BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED IN RoF YET SO IF YOU DO ITS AT YOUR OWN RISK FOR NOW.

http://reshade.me/

The option that works in BoS is the Reshade + SweetFX 2.0

If/When I get it to work/not work I'll post back up, but I'd appreciate if anybody has experience of it to post up with their thoughts

Hope I'm not repeating anything that's been up already

#2 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 03 July 2015 - 13:53

I have made a copy of RoF and applied reshade to it.

Works nice - just like in BoS.

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:27

what does this software improve, is this like sweetFX injector???   

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 weegie

weegie

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:40

what does this software improve, is this like sweetFX injector???   

Yes its an improved SweetFX, so it improves shading colors etc:

I tried it last night in RoF and got it to work. I don't know if what I did was correct but unlike older versions with the injector or Flight FX this installs itself in the Rise of Flight/bin_game/release directory. In BoS it installed automatically but in RoF you had to tell it which DirectX the game was running, I chose 9 as that's what I thought the game runs on and away it went.

I then replaced the standard Options settings with a set from Stab/JG26_5tukas settings which were set up for BoS, the generic settings are so weak you will probably not see any difference between On & Off.You use scroll lock to enable/disable and their are other options that can be set in Reshader for preferences

Look at this thread in BoS, if you want more info

http://forum.il2stur...eshade-sweetfx/

The only downside is it seems to have messed up my launcher, which still works but doesn't give me a picture any more just a blank square, not a deal breaker for me as I usually run the game directly from a shortcut on .exe, but as I said the launcher still works too.

Here are some screenshots

First the Launcher

RoF%20Launcher_zpsvrwi9sfi.jpg

Next SweetFX 2.0 Disabled

ROF%202015-07-04%2009-27-46_zps0md0rnpv.

Finally enabled

ROF%202015-07-04%2009-27-39_zpsz0t7wola.

The difference appears to my eye anyway even more dramatic in the game.

I'm not saying do or don't do, or that its necessarily better tha older SweetFX versions but the more educated than me in BoS seem to think so.

I just posted it up to make the community aware of it that's all

#5 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:06

I installed it in RoF the same way as in BoS...

The advantage of this injector is also that you can lower the anti-aliasing in game which leads to better FPS. 

#6 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:46

Does the RoF Anti aliasing work with SweetFx 2.0 again?

#7 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:29

I have it set to 2 now. 

#8 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:32

I have it set to 2 now. 

Changed it to 8 and it works - no crash...

#9 AndrewHart

AndrewHart

Posted 12 October 2015 - 15:52

Hi,

I may have overdosed on the stupid pills here but I believe I have installed this correctly. I have the welcome message when ROF starts etc. I was expecting to see a GUI (similar to other flight FX programmes) where I could adjust the screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:02

IIRC, FlightFX (which I've never used) has some sort of GUI to help guide you through tweaking your settings, but SweetFX (which I have used, both a long time ago and then again with Reshade just recently) has all its settings in a text/config file that you manually tweak outside of the game and then just start the game - you don't get any adjustment screen or GUI about it while you're playing the game (though I have noticed with Reshade/SweetFX recently I do see a little splash-screen like notification on the game's startup screen that lets me know I have it loaded and its working).

There's another recent discussion of this toward the end of the thread below:

http://riseofflight....htfx-rof/page-4

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#11 AndrewHart

AndrewHart

Posted 13 October 2015 - 17:31

Thanks Panthercules ...  I will investigate further !

#12 weegie

weegie

Posted 13 October 2015 - 18:03

Sorry for no reply I was away on holiday.

Panthercules is spot on in the early version adjustments require to be made via text file, there is a Global_settings file for changing the Hotkeys etc & a SweetFX_settings.txt for the Sweet FX settings, both located in  bin_game/release/Sweet FX

I looked at the latest version and Reshader now has a GUI with it to adjust the settings. I came across a thread somewhere that showed it and how it worked, on the BoS forum I think. I'll have a look for it and post the link if I find it

#13 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 October 2015 - 23:12

Interesting - in my recent tests I started with someone else's config file from one of the BoS threads (I think) and just started tweaking the settings manually like we did before with SweetFX - didn't realize Reshade also has some sort of GUI now.  Will have to check into that when I get a chance.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#14 AndrewHart

AndrewHart

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:27

Thanks Pantherclues ... Thanks Weegie ... Really appreciate your support.

#15 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 01 February 2016 - 17:42

Question:  can this be used with JSGME (for ease of removal, just in case), or must it be directly dropped into the software folders?

Weegie, your photos are not available any more.

#16 weegie

weegie

Posted 01 February 2016 - 18:20

Question:  can this be used with JSGME (for ease of removal, just in case), or must it be directly dropped into the software folders?

Weegie, your photos are not available any more.

Yeah guess I deleted them and I don't know what ones I posted up anyway.

When I get around to it I'll either delete the links and post new or just make another post with new photographs

I have not tried it with JSGME but there is not that many files to remove anyway from the bin_game/release folder.

That said there are a few threads on the DCS forum about it being JSGME compatible. If its compatible in DCS I see no reason it could not be configured that way in ROF, you simply need to know what files are installed in the bin_game/release and then make up a JSGME mod to install them and the SweetFX folder

The easiest way to do that would be to either make some sort of dummy install to see what files it adds OR probably the easiest way would be to do a JSGME "Generate Snapshot of Game" (under the Tasks) then install SweetFX and do a "Compare game files to Snapshot" (again under Tasks). Once you know the files it would be quite straightforward to then delete them in the game and configure it under MODS to make it JSGME compatible.

#17 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 01 February 2016 - 18:32

I have it in JSGME in BOS, same principle in ROF.

34zg6jd.jpg

#18 listerinesmiles

listerinesmiles

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:12

So has anyone made a preset that they'd care to share? :lol:

#19 weegie

weegie

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:26

So has anyone made a preset that they'd care to share? :lol:

Which version are you running? I have some presets taken from mainly from BoS but you welcome to try for 1.5 & 2.0

#20 listerinesmiles

listerinesmiles

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:56

Which version are you running? I have some presets taken from mainly from BoS but you welcome to try for 1.5 & 2.0

2.0 I tried to adapt the old default flight fx for RoF settings, but there seems to be a bunch of new parameters and the result looked messed up.

#21 weegie

weegie

Posted 10 February 2016 - 13:28

Not saying they will be any good but here are some you can try

https://www.dropbox....FX 2.0.zip?dl=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users