Photo
- - - - -

Landing on Bridge MP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:38

I saw a guy try to land on the bridge in MP but he flew threw it and crashed into the water. Briges are not really there or is this a bug?

#2 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:00

Thats kind of odd because I have actualy crashed into a bridge while trying to fly under it. By the same token older versions of microsoft flight simulator had this same problem where you could crash into them but if you attempted a landing on one you would fly right through it. May have been something they just overlooked.

#3 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 15 November 2009 - 14:12

I have no idea why that happened in MP, but as athlondude pointed out, I have certainly hit them while playing around like von Klugermann. And they certainly do look solid:

#4 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 15 November 2009 - 14:22

I have no idea why that happened in MP, but as athlondude pointed out, I have certainly hit them while playing around like von Klugermann. And they certainly do look solid:

Depends how their hit box is setup, might only be on the side.

Model can look solid but unless it has a hit box it wont be.

#5 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 15 November 2009 - 15:10

Ok, I just did some in game tests. Attempting to land on, and taxi onto a bridge. I did it with collision damage on and off.

Taxiing on: I was able to taxi up the ramp, however it seems that you do slowly "sink into" it. It also became very slippery for lack of a better term. I never actually made it onto the deck, I always slid off the side.

Landing on: With collision damage off I was never able to actually land and stay on the bridge. I did get some very solid wheel bumps off of it however. With collision damage on I was able to land, take my wings off on the side rails of the bridge and tumble to rest on the bridge deck. My wreckage then slowly sank through the bridge.

So while they are indeed solid enough to hit from any angle, it seems you will eventually pass through them. So there is something to what you say.

That said, it has no impact whatsoever on proper gameplay. Trying to land on bridges may be fun, but not really a priority ;)

#6 BarmyFailure

BarmyFailure

Posted 17 November 2009 - 16:15

Well, it might cause troubles when river ships are released. If they are able to shoot through bridges or if bombs "slowly sinks into the bridge" instead of destroying it. Bridge might be quite a big deal whith the upcoming patch. Lots of things to do for RoF team. I'm actually quite impressed by how fast they do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users