- - - - -

multi-screen POV issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BabylonCome

BabylonCome

Posted 06 June 2015 - 19:15

Hi all,

I recently started to play ROF again after some time but since the last I played I am lucky enough to now own a 3x screen setup using EyeFinity. The problem is that when I set my resolution to 5760x1080 and launch I get a view of the inside of my engine when I get in the cockpit. Here is what happens:

1. Launch game, get menu system on all 3 screens with no problems.

2. Select Fly Mission and load a mission - no problems

3. Start mission and the screen is black but I have the gauges, mini-map and markers showing. I can move my head around and see the markers moving but the screen is all black. It is as if the camera position is too far forward and it is inside the engine area.

I have tried various fixes including the "move head position" keys and nothing works.

If I run the game on 1 x monitor then all is ok, so it is definatly related to the resolution being set and the default camera position.

Is there a way of changing the camera positon in the config files or has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

#2 testid

testid

Posted 06 June 2015 - 19:49

I run on a Matrox Triplehead and had this issue when getting back in earlier this year. IIRC it turned out to be related to a graphics option, cannot recall which at this time. Possibly "super-sampling" or an antialiasing setting. Late night tonight I will try to experiment and report back here; meantime, start flipping switches on that graphics options panel at launch and maybe you'll solve it on your own.

#3 testid

testid

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:46

yeah, turn off 'super sampling' and report back.

#4 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 June 2015 - 21:02

I run the triple as well and can confirm it does not like supersampling at all

Vitae elit Brevior

#5 BabylonCome

BabylonCome

Posted 12 June 2015 - 18:45

Cheers gents, will try this later and let you know real soon..

#6 BabylonCome

BabylonCome

Posted 12 June 2015 - 20:09

Yep that worked a treat - once again, thanks gents.. :icon_mad:

#7 TobyBranfoot

TobyBranfoot

Posted 30 September 2017 - 20:42

2017 - Triple Monitor (3 Screens) setup - blank view as described above - also completely fine now Supersampling unchecked ... 7620 x 1440 Ultra/High looks fabulous.

Hope searches by fliers in the same trouble will find this solution - brilliant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users