Photo
- - - - -

Ilya Muromets, Steam ROF and the S-16 (Solved)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 DaVo2041web.de

DaVo2041web.de

Posted 03 June 2015 - 15:32

Hello,

I hope the General Discussions Forum is the right place to post this.

As a  WW I filght sim lover, it was totally clear to get ROF and after knowing about their ne Project, preordering Ilya Muroments was clear, too. I will support the devolepers furhtermore by buying the new released S-16. But here the Problems starts.

I own the steam version of ROF and after the merging with Ilya Murments, both game contents were avaible for me. To get the S-16 I can only buy a DLC for 20 € that contains 3/4 of the content I already have (S-22, eastern front map, Albatros D.III).

So my question is, is there another way to obtain the S-16 or some kind of discount voucher for people witht Steam ROF and Ilya Muroments pre order.

I hope I could expalin my problems, beacue english is not my native language.

DaVo2041

#2 Zaunbrecher

Zaunbrecher

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:00

Is there any chance of releasing on Steam a pack, with only the 2 Sikorskys?

#3 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 04 June 2015 - 13:31

I'm in the same boat here, purchased RoF through Steam, pre-ordered Ilya Muromets when it was to be a stand alone project.  I'd like the S-16 and mods as well, but I'm certainly not going to pay $25 dollars for it  :icon_e_sad:

#4 Hyperion35

Hyperion35

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:24

I'm in the same situation.  I hadn't even realized that the S-16 was now part of the Ilya pack.  I came to the forums to see if there was news about when it would be available on Steam.

The S-16 looks nice and I'd be willing to buy it at the store price.  But if the only way to get it is to buy the entire Ilya Muromets DLC on Steam, then I'll pass.

#5 DaVo2041web.de

DaVo2041web.de

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:32

Yes, I would buy it for the store price, too. A discount voucher for people who has the Steam ROF version and preordered Ilya Muromets would be a good solution. So we can a buy the plane for a fair price.

#6 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:54

Wait, so what exactly happened to the people who pre-ordered IM and used steam RoF. Did you get the IM added to your hangar bypassing steam DLC system? I thought you were waiting for steam release of IM to even get S-22...

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#7 DaVo2041web.de

DaVo2041web.de

Posted 07 June 2015 - 13:19

Yes, after merging Ilya Muromets with ROF I had all planes from IM preoder avaible. But now to get the new S-16 for the Steam version is to buy a DLC that contains 3/4 of what a already own (S-22, Albatros III and eastern front map). I don't want the S-16 for free, but I want to buy it for a fair price and not 20€.

#8 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:28

Wait, so what exactly happened to the people who pre-ordered IM and used steam RoF. Did you get the IM added to your hangar bypassing steam DLC system? I thought you were waiting for steam release of IM to even get S-22...

We got everything from the Standalone with everyone else.  Maybe slightly after, don't recall the exact time now, as I had used a different email address so it took a bit longer for me.  So atm we're sorta stuck I suppose, unless of course we want to pay for the entire DLC just for the S-16 :(  I can't imagine that there are a whole lot of us in this situation though.

#9 Zaunbrecher

Zaunbrecher

Posted 08 June 2015 - 19:04

Since I play RoF from Steam and have all the expansion packs on Steam, what would happen if I did buy the Sikorsky planes from the RoF store here?

#10 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 08 June 2015 - 20:36

Since I play RoF from Steam and have all the expansion packs on Steam, what would happen if I did buy the Sikorsky planes from the RoF store here?

You can not combine the ROF store items with steam. 

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#11 Zaunbrecher

Zaunbrecher

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:05

Thanks HillBilly, I wanted to be absolutely certain about that.

#12 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:10

so any word on this yet?

#13 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:15

so any word on this yet?

Check the announcement about the latest sale:  http://riseofflight....of/#entry638547

It sounds like the S-16 is now included in the same Steam DLC package as the S-22, so maybe it's now available to those who have already bought that package?  (Haven't seen anything confirming that, but seems like a logical thing so probably worth checking into).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#14 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:11

Check the announcement about the latest sale:  http://riseofflight....of/#entry638547

It sounds like the S-16 is now included in the same Steam DLC package as the S-22, so maybe it's now available to those who have already bought that package?  (Haven't seen anything confirming that, but seems like a logical thing so probably worth checking into).

Well the package wasn't available on Steam with just the S-22, it was the seemingly rare combo of those of us who had got the then standalone Ilya Muromets game and had their RoF account through Steam. Essentially we got what is offered to everyone else here in the IM pack, but we can't buy the S-16 through the store here, now we could buy the steam one, but we'd be paying $25 for just the S-16.  

#15 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:30

I await with much eagerness the day Pat includes the S 16 in the Eastern Front map in PWCG!  :icon_e_salute:  YPG! :icon_e_wink: 

#16 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 19 June 2015 - 15:06

:icon_boring:

#17 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 June 2015 - 22:37

I await with much eagerness the day Pat includes the S 16 in the Eastern Front map in PWCG!  :icon_e_salute:  YPG! :icon_e_wink:

Your wait is over:

http://riseofflight....released/page-1

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#18 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 20 June 2015 - 18:25

What a mess, this steam vs. regular account thing.  Judging from all the negative reviews I've tried to counter on other retail sites, and support questions here, this account dichotomy has made more misunderstandings and problems and resulted in negative RoF experiences than I'm sure money for devs.

Hope they can somehow streamline this better, or at least get the message out more clearly that you can't use steam and buy DLC outside of steam.  BTW, deliberately using the small 's'...

#19 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 21 June 2015 - 15:46

What a mess, this steam vs. regular account thing.  Judging from all the negative reviews I've tried to counter on other retail sites, and support questions here, this account dichotomy has made more misunderstandings and problems and resulted in negative RoF experiences than I'm sure money for devs.

Hope they can somehow streamline this better, or at least get the message out more clearly that you can't use steam and buy DLC outside of steam.  BTW, deliberately using the small 's'...

It's not really an issue of folks in this situation not understanding the difference between the two, it's just that IM was going to be a stand alone.  So when it was bought, whether my RoF account was through steam or not made no difference as they were supposed to be different games.  

I certainly appreciate that when the decision was made to merge the two, those of us with RoF accounts through steam didn't have to wait till the pack was ready on steam, which was what, 2 weeks ago?

Yes, we can technically still buy the S-16 through steam, although since they all come in packs there, for those few of us in that situation, buying the pack means the only thing you'd get that you don't already have is the S-16, but the price is still $24.99

Which is a bit much for just the S-16 wouldn't you say?  

#20 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 21 June 2015 - 17:44

You can use steam version and buy DLCs outside the steam, you can't buy content from both steam and webstore for single account once you buy from one vendor, you can't switch. And it says so in red letters on steam store RoF page, just over the "buy" button :) . This was required by Valve, btw, they forced ED to apply the same policy to DCS. That's the price 777 are paying for being allowed to use steam as selling platform and reach broader audiences :(

Mudcat, DaVo2041, have you been trying contacting 777 about that, or are you just waiting for them here to answer?

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#21 DaVo2041web.de

DaVo2041web.de

Posted 21 June 2015 - 18:19

I really did not know if this problem is for the support. I started the discussion to see if someone had the same problem and if someone has a idea for a solution.

SO you mean contacting the support can help us?

#22 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 21 June 2015 - 23:16

No, it's not a bug, so it's not for support. I was rather thinking about contacting Jason or Zak . Let me sleep over it...

Forum moderator.

#23 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:31

You can use steam version and buy DLCs outside the steam, you can't buy content from both steam and webstore for single account once you buy from one vendor, you can't switch. And it says so in red letters on steam store RoF page, just over the "buy" button :) . This was required by Valve, btw, they forced ED to apply the same policy to DCS. That's the price 777 are paying for being allowed to use steam as selling platform and reach broader audiences :(

Mudcat, DaVo2041, have you been trying contacting 777 about that, or are you just waiting for them here to answer?

I haven't sent anything into support or anything else, I guess I was hoping someone would pop in with some kind of official word

#24 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 29 June 2015 - 14:07

I guess waiting for some kind of answer here isn't a good idea  :icon_boring:

#25 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 29 June 2015 - 14:11

I have a serious question. Can someone outside of Steam gift a plane to someone that uses Steam? 

#26 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 29 June 2015 - 22:05

Dependins on whay you call "outside the steam". If oyu have a steam account, you can but steam DLCs for RoF and gift them to someone who uses the steam RoF... just as with any other steam game. You can't gift plane bought in 777store to someone who uses steam licence.

Forum moderator.

#27 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 29 June 2015 - 22:10

You can't gift plane bought in 777store to someone who uses steam licence.

Yep that it. ;)

#28 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:29

a month now, still no word eh?

#29 DaVo2041web.de

DaVo2041web.de

Posted 02 July 2015 - 17:23

Yeah, very bad. It looks like we are an really minority :-(

#30 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:55

Yeah, very bad. It looks like we are an really minority :-(

The few and the unfortunate it seems

#31 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:05

I've asked Zak and Jason about the subject, still waiting for replies. Few more days and I'll try via BoS forums.

Forum moderator.

#32 DaVo2041web.de

DaVo2041web.de

Posted 09 July 2015 - 14:35

Thank you very much!

#33 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:36

I've asked Zak and Jason about the subject, still waiting for replies. Few more days and I'll try via BoS forums.

So no response eh?

#34 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:54

None. Jason has not read it yet, I believe he's on holiday.

From previous experience, they sometimes don't answer for long time, until they have a good enough answer.

Forum moderator.

#35 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:03

Will we get a Eastern Front career at some point?

#36 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:17

I know Pat Wilson did one, check PWCG. 

There are few obstructions to having am Eastern Front career. The front moved a lot during few offensives and counter-offensives, and the career uses static frontline. If career is hardwired to run from 1 september 1916 to armistice in the west, this must be rewritten too. Finally, we don't have many planes used there - a Brandemburg C.I was probably most used type on Eastern Front by far. 

Forum moderator.

#37 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:52

None. Jason has not read it yet, I believe he's on holiday.

From previous experience, they sometimes don't answer for long time, until they have a good enough answer.

still nothing?

#38 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:05

Checked today morning, no progress :( .

Forum moderator.

#39 BSS_Mudcat

BSS_Mudcat

Posted 23 July 2015 - 17:42

appreciate you trying to help out with it  :icon_e_salute:

#40 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 24 July 2015 - 22:47

I just got an answer, hope it isn't to indiscreet to share it with you  :icon_e_salute:

I'm not ignoring this issue. I don't have a solution and I have not been able to discuss with Moscow yet.

Jason

Forum moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users