Photo
- - - - -

anybody using the old Logitech wingman force in 64bit OS

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 07 May 2015 - 13:13

I can buy for 10,- eur the old type Logitech wingman force as a backup for the MS-FF2. Like to know if a RoF player here, is using this Joystick in win8.1/Win7 64bit OS. Could you please share your experience here or by pm. Does the Force feedback actually work on this stick. 

81HCD9GF7TL.gif

joytstick-logitech-wingman-force-por-no-

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#2 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 07 May 2015 - 13:22

I don't know but I do have a Wingamn Force3d stick (completely different, same producer) and (to late) learned that it does not work with Win 7 64bit. After I noticed that I've googled "$Joystick name$ windows 7" and found plenty of thread or Logitechand other forums statingthat the old drivers are not compatibile and there are no up to date drivers. 

So I confirm there is a reason to worry, but I have no answer. A google search may help. Sorry I can't help further.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 07 May 2015 - 14:21

About the driver yeah that is similar to my old MS-FF2, which also has drivers that does not work into the modern 64bit OS, but still it is working, it does not need the drivers.

About Google some say it is working some say not, would like to hear from somebody who is using this stick in a specific game like RoF/BoS/Clod-ATAG/Woff and if the Force feedback is working.

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

#4 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 07 May 2015 - 19:31

I think there is an updated MSFFB2 driver built-into Windows itself, or at least MSFFB2 uses a "standard" protocol for Force Feedback and does not need dedicated drivers. Older Logitech joysticks (Wingman 3d  for sure, no idea about wingman) used non-standard protocol and won't work with as generic FFB device, and Logitech decided writing new drivers for non-standard, out of sale device is not worth the effort. 

Check this thread:
http://forums.logite...p/603630/page/3

In particular, this post

• The Wingman Force and Formula Force are not USB HID products
  • They do not use the common drivers that HID products can
  • They are serial products that can use a special USB adapter and communicate to the PC in very nonstandard ways
  • Their feedback effects HAVE to be prewritten to the memory of the device and executed by calling to the memory space of the effect. Every USB Force Feecback device we made after these two devices can accept on-the-fly effects sent to them from the comptuer and do not require preloading to the hardware.
  • The memory of the device was quite good at the time of the build, but now and with what game developers are doing, it's very limited
  • To extend the life of the product, we implemented ever-more complex tricks to get the device to transparently work as long as possible, but modern game effects continued to put more demand on the hardware.
  • With 64-bit addressing, our tricks were completely broken. Considering the limitations of the hardware on such a fundamental level, we did not continue development. To unify the codebase, all support was taken out for both 5.x builds, and if you want to continue using this product, use LGS 4.6 on a Windows x86 machine.
  • Our LGS 4.6 code is not prepared for public release and I do not think we will ever release it openly.

•  

Notice that in late posts users claim to have found a way to make Wingman Force (3d) work with Windows 8, but it was not straighforward.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#5 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 08 May 2015 - 17:20

That is what I wrote down:  some say it is working some say not, would like to hear from somebody who is using this stick in a specific game like RoF/BoS/Clod-ATAG/Woff and if the Force feedback is working.

So lets hope somebody that does have this stick [and not the 3D version] can explain us more.  

edit: The model above is the J-UA9 model, lots of people are talking about it is working but they use a later complete different wingman model

This model does not work in modern OS.  

#6 420smokin

420smokin

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:39

i actually have it working. it works for all my games including il 2 1946 and enemy engaged (i know old game but still sweet). i let windows find the driver for me and it took about 10 minutes for my pc to find and install the driver. the joystick is HID compatable. the drivers are logitech wingman force (HID) and logitech wingman force usb, you need both for it to function and dont use the serial hookup, windows will not recognize the serial, only use the usb and allow windows to search for the drivers on its own

#7 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 05 April 2017 - 16:05

Do you have the same joystick as on the picture I posted and what Windows do you have 32 or 64 bit.

#8 420smokin

420smokin

Posted 07 April 2017 - 21:45

windows vista on my desktop, windows 7 on my laptop and it works on both. windows 7 is the 64 bit.

Attached Files

#9 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:59

Is the force feedback working? I did do a lot of search on this stick while it seems you are the only one who can use it, but maybe after 2 Years there has been a change in drivers.

#10 420smokin

420smokin

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:36

works perfectly. a little stronger than my old force feedback pro.

#11 420smokin

420smokin

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:11

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=LJw6Nb4fCoAvideo i made of the force test.

#12 Drkingswoodlion

Drkingswoodlion

Posted 11 April 2017 - 21:53

Anyone interested in purchasing my old wingman force..I just want it to go to someone who will enjoy it like I once did

Attached Files

#13 dumou

dumou

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:28

Pour moi ça n'a marché qu'avec windows xp vista 7 mais la version 32bit et ça marche encore; je n'ai pas essayé win 8 ni win 10. Toutefois sur le site logitech ils expliquent qu'ils ne supportent pas le 64bit.

#14 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:55

Pour moi ça n'a marché qu'avec windows xp vista 7 mais la version 32bit et ça marche encore; je n'ai pas essayé win 8 ni win 10. Toutefois sur le site logitech ils expliquent qu'ils ne supportent pas le 64bit.

Yep I also did read this on different sites, but it appears Smoking is running on 64bit.

#15 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 16 April 2017 - 20:35

Anyone interested in purchasing my old wingman force..I just want it to go to someone who will enjoy it like I once did

Maybe you can verify on what Smoking did wrote down; does this FFB stick work on an 64bit Win10?????

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:12

Maybe you can verify on what Smoking did wrote down; does this FFB stick work on an 64bit Win10?????

Well, I'm not sure he mentioned Win 10 (I think he said Win 7), but in any event I just tried one on my Win 10 64-bit box and no joy - Windows can't find any drivers for it, and I haven't been able to find any by Googling around, and it isn't recognized at all and doesn't work at all on my rig.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:  26378534688_53852d3abd_o.jpg

#17 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:11

asking sellers, I will buy this stick only if I or you show me it is working on Win10-64bit, did never bring me an positive reaction. Like the guy here at the forum who wanting to sell his, is not reacting to my question.

edit: Thanks PH to verify this on Win10 64bit, so one thing is sure it does not work on a Win10 64bit system.

#18 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 April 2017 - 16:37

Well, I can't absolutely say there's no way to get it working - all I can say is that I can't get it to work on Win 10-64bit and can't find anybody out there in Google searches that says they got it working either.  (I tried some tip I found on the web and installed an old version of Logitech profiler software that was supposed to be able to make it work on Win7, but it couldn't detect the stick either.)

On a related note, I have one I'd be willing to give away to anybody that still has an older PC/OS that might be able to work with it - just pay shipping :)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#19 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 30 April 2017 - 17:37

Well, I can't absolutely say there's no way to get it working - all I can say is that I can't get it to work on Win 10-64bit and can't find anybody out there in Google searches that says they got it working either.  (I tried some tip I found on the web and installed an old version of Logitech profiler software that was supposed to be able to make it work on Win7, but it couldn't detect the stick either.)

On a related note, I have one I'd be willing to give away to anybody that still has an older PC/OS that might be able to work with it - just pay shipping :)

Does it detect the Joystick as an USB device? 

#20 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 April 2017 - 19:48

Does it detect the Joystick as an USB device? 

Well, not sure what you mean.  Windows does show it as a Wingman Force in the "unspecified device" category in the Control Panel "Devices and Printers" applet, but gives roll-over status messages of "Driver unavailable" and "driver error".  I couldn't find any way to get to any settings/calibration/properties like screen that would let me do anything with it (troubleshooting it led Windows to try to find a driver for it, but it never seems to find one, despite rebooting when it said to do so), and RoF did not see it when I tried to assign commands with it.

#21 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 30 July 2017 - 13:45

More and more I think posters like that 420Smoking guy are using forums to write down it is working only for selling his own not working hardware. The whole trick is, that this guy is trying to sell his "not going to work in Win10-64" stick on lets say Ebay, people who want to buy are going to Google on that, trying to verify if it is working and here we go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users