Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

PWCG 16.3.1 Released 9/12/2015

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#81 boxster69

boxster69

Posted 24 May 2015 - 20:52

Just downloaded 16.0, Thanks very much Pat for your work.

Quick question - When I go into Configuration I see User Preferences with 7 items and GUI with 11 items. Did there not use to be many more advanced items in configuration to choose from? Am I just missing them or were these removed from the Generator?  Thanks 

#82 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:02

I split configuration into overall configuration and campaign configuration.  overall configuration is more or less user preferences.  Most of the configuration parameters were moved under the campaign.  This way you can have different between campaigns.

#83 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:42

Thank you again Pat!

:icon_e_salute:

#84 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:04

Attached File  PWCG fail.jpg   35.59KB   0 downloads

Hi Pat test version3 did work but the 16.0 not, receiving this message, when clicking at the shortcut I have created, also the PWCG.exe in the campaign folder does not work. Also no PW-CG GUI inside RoF

What is wrong here??? 

Corrupt download maybe or update to a new Java, 32/64 bit

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#85 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:40

Is there any other place to download this. My download from Pat's site always stalls and I do not receive all the files.

#86 The_Pain_Sherrif

The_Pain_Sherrif
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:46

Hi, Pat. Great new campaign generator. Good to see it's still being payed attention to. One small thing though: I apologise if this was already addressed in this thread, but I didn't find anything about it. When I try to download skins from your website, I get a 404 error. All the skins I've tried have done that.

Keep up the good work!

"It's 'mazing how much luck has to do with being, uh, lucky."

#87 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 May 2015 - 14:17

Hi, Pat. Great new campaign generator. Good to see it's still being payed attention to. One small thing though: I apologise if this was already addressed in this thread, but I didn't find anything about it. When I try to download skins from your website, I get a 404 error. All the skins I've tried have done that.

Keep up the good work!

You should probably try D/L'ing the skins from this thread:  http://riseofflight....skins-use-pwcg/

It's got most if not all of the skins you'll need for PWCG besides those that are available in the approved/officially-released skin packs, which are available here:  http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

and also here:  http://riseofflight....ge-alternative/

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#88 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 May 2015 - 14:19

Is there any other place to download this. My download from Pat's site always stalls and I do not receive all the files.

Yes - it's also available here:  http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

and here:  http://riseofflight....ge-alternative/

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#89 The_Pain_Sherrif

The_Pain_Sherrif
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 25 May 2015 - 20:11

You should probably try D/L'ing the skins from this thread:  http://riseofflight....skins-use-pwcg/

It's got most if not all of the skins you'll need for PWCG besides those that are available in the approved/officially-released skin packs, which are available here:  http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

and also here:  http://riseofflight....ge-alternative/

Thanks, Panther!

"It's 'mazing how much luck has to do with being, uh, lucky."

#90 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 26 May 2015 - 13:17

Thanks so much for your continued and brilliant work on this Pat, Just starting an Austrian scout career now!   :icon_e_smile:

#91 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 26 May 2015 - 19:48

Mr Wilson I have a problem I hope you can help with. The main menus do not scale if using a rez over 1080p. If I use a higher resolution the right side is cut off and unusable. Is there any way I can scale the menus to my resolution in a config or other file?

#92 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 26 May 2015 - 20:43

Also I do not understand why it insist on making me put the log to on in the config when I checked the box for no logs. I cannot start a mission because every time I go into the game to start a mission it denies me saying I have to ok the log in the config. Now even if I ok it the thing still denies me the next time because it does not remember I already did ok the log. 

Also when the campaign editor opens it ask if I want to use logging or not. Every time. I say no and then exit the game and restart and it ask me again, every time.

#93 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 26 May 2015 - 22:32

If you don't put the log files to on then no logs are generated by RoF.  If there are no logs PWCG cannot do a combat report after a mission.  PWCG depends on the logs being on.

PWCG cleans up the log files after it has processed the mission results.

Not sure about screen resolution.  My own resolution maxes at 1680 x 1050, so I can't get to 1080 to test.  Suggestions welcome.

#94 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 27 May 2015 - 19:22

Hello

Just found a loadout bug in my sop107 campaign : I am performing a recon mission, but I have a bomber loadout (8*20 lbs bombs).

As usual, here are the files (campaign + mission)

Attached Files

#95 McMinstrel

McMinstrel
  • LocationAnn Arbor Michigan

Posted 27 May 2015 - 20:30

Hi Pat,

I've been flying a career with Jasta 12 with no problems.  Well, a couple of minor ones. If the wind is blowing at all at Mesnil-Bruntel at least one wingman will fly into the trees on takeoff.  I've actually lost three wingmen at once this way.  Second, I'm getting way too many kills while my mates are shut out.  I usually claim one or two kills so that my squad mates will get credit and advance a little.  Now, I'm getting credit for all the kills.  I just finished a mission that I claimed one victory since I was forced to land after a bomber (friendly) shot my fuel tank.  When the report came up, I was credited with four kills.  I know I didn't get four.  In fact, I watched my wingman take one down.  None of my mates were credited with anything.

This won't stop me from playing, but I thought you would like to know.

~Minstrel~ 

"If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy."

#96 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 28 May 2015 - 14:49

Ok confused again, maybe you can help. I installed version 6 and it does not show in the sim. Before there was a PWCG button on the bottom screen but not anymore. I have to use the PWCG exec to make the mission out side of the sim. Is there anyway I can get the PWCG integrated into the sim again?

Also when starting a mission I get some Lua errors showing, what could cause that?

Attached Files

• Attached File  lua.PNG   120.82KB   0 downloads

#97 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 May 2015 - 17:56

Ok confused again, maybe you can help. I installed version 6 and it does not show in the sim. Before there was a PWCG button on the bottom screen but not anymore. I have to use the PWCG exec to make the mission out side of the sim. Is there anyway I can get the PWCG integrated into the sim again?

Also when starting a mission I get some Lua errors showing, what could cause that?

Integration into the game's menu screen depends on the separate PWCG GUI Mod, and not on the version of PWCG itself.  Thus, if you had the GUI Mod installed and working before, it should still be working after you install version 16.0 of PWCG.  Of course, you'll need to be running in Mods On mode to see the GUI mod's effect.

The GUI Mod does depend on the version of RoF you have installed, so you need to make sure you're running the latest version of the GUI mod that has been updated to work with the latest version of RoF.

#98 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 28 May 2015 - 18:31

That is interesting because I never downloaded the GUI mod. I started with 15.11 and it did integrate with ROF and then went to 16 and it did at first but for some reason it does not anymore.

#99 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 28 May 2015 - 20:00

Using 16 final I started a Russian campaign for bombers. When going into the mission I see that the bombers are stuck in the hangars as they are too large for the hangars. I tried to open the mission in the mission editor but it will not open and stalls every time. How can I open this mission to adjust the bombers location at the field?

#100 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 28 May 2015 - 20:50

I am very happy now in my bomber campaigns to have explicit objectives, this was not the case earlier (v15) !  :icon_e_biggrin:

#101 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:28

Just come back after a long absence aftre concentrating on BoS since it was released.  PWCG 16.0 says its JSGME compatable. Does this mean we just drop it ito JSGME or should it still be extracted to the RoF folder, and if so does it over write the previous version or does that have to be deleted?

#102 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 May 2015 - 14:47

Just come back after a long absence aftre concentrating on BoS since it was released.  PWCG 16.0 says its JSGME compatable. Does this mean we just drop it ito JSGME or should it still be extracted to the RoF folder, and if so does it over write the previous version or does that have to be deleted?

The alternate copy of PWCG 16.0 that I made available under the useful materials links is JSGME-ready (I'm not sure if the one on Pat's web site is).  With the JSGME-ready one, you can just unzip it into your MODS folder and activate it using JSGME.  

I always install PWCG with JSGME, and I always uninstall/deactivate the old version before I install the new version.  I'm not sure if that's really necessary but it seems like a better practice.  

#103 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 30 May 2015 - 22:00

As usual, Pat, your efforts are great!  Keep up the good work!  Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I've had 2 "Balloon Defense" missions with the balloon missing.  Question; is there a time limit to get to the target area, or is it something else?  Got the last mission zipped for you.  Hope this helps. :icon_e_salute:

Attached Files

#104 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:23

I have three issues noted:

1. No balloons on balloon defense

2. Incorrect loadout on strutter

3. Too many victories awarded to player - Question: did you receive victories that you did not claim or victories that you did not score in the game?  The first should never happen.  The second can easily happen.

#105 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:23

I have had missions where I've been given the wrong plane type as a victory, but only with multiple victories with different plane types, ex: 2 Spads + 1 Camel might show in the briefing as 1 Spad + 2 Camels(hope that made sense :blink: )  I have never had victories credited that were not scored, although, if I scored 3 victories, but only reported 2, then 2 is what I get credited for.  But I have no problem with that, as historically many aces were not credited for some of their victories.  Hope this helps. :icon_e_salute:

#106 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:26

Have also noticed that with v.16 I've been wounded 3 times, but it hasn't affected the mission spacing.  Cheers :icon_e_salute:

#107 McMinstrel

McMinstrel

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:19

3. Too many victories awarded to player - Question: did you receive victories that you did not claim or victories that you did not score in the game?  The first should never happen.  The second can easily happen.

The victories awarded are from kills I didn't claim and kills I didn't make, both.  It seems that it's taking the total kills in a mission and automatically giving them to the player.  Just something new that hadn't happened in previous releases.

~Minstrel~

#108 mkeogh

mkeogh

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:57

I've experienced the third one.  Flying in a Nieuport 28 with the American 27th Aero out of Toul, I was awarded two victories that were neither reported in the ROF post-mission results screen nor claimed in the PWCG 16.0 campaign mission debrief screen. 

I had no clue they even happened until I saw the debriefing.  Being outnumbered on that mission, I only fired off a few ineffective rounds at a Pfalz D.IIIa before booking for home.  Nevertheless, my "kills" were two Albatross D.Va's.  It wasn't until I watched the mission recording that I saw what had happened: the two Albatroses'  crashed into each other while turning to engage my flight.  Yet, I was "awarded" victories despite my never firing a shot in their direction.  (Also, the debriefing indicated that it was one my flight member's who "destroyed" those planes, but I was still given the victories.)

#109 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 31 May 2015 - 23:57

The victories awarded are from kills I didn't claim and kills I didn't make, both.  It seems that it's taking the total kills in a mission and automatically giving them to the player.  Just something new that hadn't happened in previous releases.

~Minstrel~

I think that I am experiencing this also .... I anticipated claiming one tripe that I knew I had shot down......the ROF screen said that I got (to my surprise) three, so I claimed three tripes...... PWCG 16.0 gave me four kills, adding a Sopwith Strutter that I know that I definitely did not shoot down..

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#110 GodzillaBlitz

GodzillaBlitz

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:08

I think that I am experiencing this also .... I anticipated claiming one tripe that I knew I had shot down......the ROF screen said that I got (to my surprise) three, so I claimed three tripes...... PWCG 16.0 gave me four kills, adding a Sopwith Strutter that I know that I definitely did not shoot down..

I think I'm seeing this as well, but I'm brand new to both Rise of Flight this weekend and to PWCG, so take that for what it's worth. :)

I started one career, flew one mission and know for sure I didn't hit ANYTHING. I also didn't claim anything when submitting a report, yet in my career it awarded me with a kill.

I thought perhaps I did something wrong, so I started a second career, flew one mission, and the same thing happened. I didn't claim a kill in the "Submit Report" menu (was at 0) and in game I had zero kills as well. Yet PWCG awarded me with a kill.

#111 Palatine

Palatine

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:06

Pat,

Thanks for fixing the victory awards for observers --- now a single victory gets awarded to both the pilot and the observer, as in real life! But, relevant to the present discussion, I've noticed that the split credit seems to apply to only claimed kills. If there are extras, they often seem to be given to the pilot alone rather than other pilot/observers.

Also, observer missions are still not being incremented.

#112 James_Lancina

James_Lancina

Posted 07 June 2015 - 23:19

I've installed PWCG 16.0, but it no longer shows in ROF. I look at the PWCG download page and still find the Decemper GUI still up. Then, I look in the Forum and find some seem to find no trouble playing 16.0. Others, like myself, can't. My copy of ROF is up to date. What shall I do?

#113 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 07 June 2015 - 23:54

The RoF screen said that I had shot down three .... the PWCG 16.0 flight log said three also, the two F.E.2b's and one Nieuport 17 that I knew that I had shot down, and therefore claimed ..... all well and good so far .....

but the PWCG 16.0 journal page also credited me with three Sopwith Triplanes shot down, which I did not ....  though I apparently collided at low level with one that may have crashed about the same time that I did (receiving the Blue Max in my hospital bed, I suppose).

PWCG 16.0 is definitely awarding kills not made.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#114 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:42

Main screen comes on but the right upper side campaign selector does not work when clicked on.

#115 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:25

I've been playing around with some mods these past days and in the process deleted and re-activated the whole lot in JSGME a few times.  Not sure if this impacted the mission process or not, but for whatever reason, I did get a balloon to appear in a "defend balloon" mission.  I'm not sure if messing around with the mods or if it was just a random thing, but I just wanted to let you know about it.  I've also received credit for a kill I did not score in a mission.  Hope this helps.  :icon_e_salute:

#116 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 June 2015 - 15:18

I have been looking into the extra kill thing and I have been unable to recreate it.  To date I have not been able to get PWCG to give me a victory that I did not claim. 

Some notes:

There is a difference between victories scored in game and victories claimed.  If you claim a victory that you did not actually bring down then PWCG will probably give it to you.  What PWCG should not do is give you a victory that you did not claim.

PWCG will give you a victory based on best matching of types.  If you claim a Nieuport PWCG might decide to give you a SPAD based on a log analysis, so there is no guarantee that the type that you claim is the type awarded.

#117 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 13 June 2015 - 18:16

If you claim a victory that you did not actually bring down then PWCG will probably give it to you.

I have not seen this happen.

What I have seen is my claims denied ..... but possibly rightly so, since AI may have killed the pilot before I shot the plane down.

What PWCG should not do is give you a victory that you did not claim.

I did not claim any triplanes , but I was awarded kills for three triplanes .... this was in addition to the three kills that I claimed which were accurately credited to me.

So it seems that kills possibly made by AI are being credited to the player.

#118 McMinstrel

McMinstrel

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:57

Hi Pat,

I was wondering if my free kills were only with the new pilot I created with 16 so I joined a game in progress with RNAS 1.  On the first sortie we ran into 2 Albies.  When the fight was joined I turned to follow one of the green tailed bad guys.  The other got on my tail and his first burst took out my fuel tank and wounded me.  I headed home at a quick pace after only managing two bursts at my target.  After I landed I claimed zero kills.  In the mission debrief I saw that for some reason both Albies had gone down (no mention of anyone shooting them down).  When the final report came up, I had been credited with both kills.  My flight mates got zip.  This seems to be the same with every sortie.  All downed enemies are credited to the player.

<edit> Just an update.  In the Squadron Log it shows two of my flight mates got kills (the 2 Albies) and were credited on the pilot screen.  So those 2 were awarded twice.  Also while watching the newsreel footage (a talented French filmmaker) I watched the Albies collide with each other....

Hope this made sense.

~M~ 

#119 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 14 June 2015 - 16:13

Lone Wolf mission.  I damaged three triplanes that I knew of.

The RoF screen said that I had shot down one, so I claimed one.

Mission debrief said that I had shot down three. One other was listed as shot down by (blank).

Combat report said that I shot down one.

Squadron log also said one.

#120 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 14 June 2015 - 21:07

Just flew another "Balloon defense" mission:  downed 2 DH4s, 3 SE5s and a Dolphin.  I claimed all 6, but during the mission briefing it showed 2 DH4s and 4 SE5s.  I got credit, however, for 7:  2 DH4s, 3 SE5s and 2 Dolphins :huh:   During the actual combat( the balloon was there  :)  ) I cannot recall actually seeing a second Dolphin(play WYSIWYG) so I'm a bit puzzled :blink:   I listed the claims in the actual order I achieved them.  The debrief followed that order(substituting a SE5 for the Dolphin).  I also get the credits in the right order with a second Dolphin added at the end :(   I hope this helps.  :icon_e_salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users