* * * * * 2 votes

PWCG 16.3.1 Released 9/12/2015

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#41 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:27

Hi Pat,

Saw a few things after creating a German career with Jasta 10 at Chasson en Ferme near Verdun, january 1917.

On my first fight, I saw an early spad 7 with red stars on the wings, after a short research into the spad 7 skins, I found out that this skin is from a russian pilot in the 1920! Should this be in the western front.

6VDrev7.png

Another mission after that one, my flight went up into a thunder storm with no visibility after 500m,... let just say that we should have stayed in drinking beer!!!

I did try to find my other squad mates... but after 15 min of flying, I decided it was better to land than find myself a long way from home! ;)

nUxAb36.png

Last little thing, when we start a new career, could the name of the flags be available.

That would sure help getting to know all of them.

Thx again for this new version.

Great stuff

Gen

#42 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 May 2015 - 00:45

I just posted test version 3.  No new features but lots of fixes.

For my own sanity a huge push in PWCG 16 has been testability.  There were errors in 15 that I simply could not track down and retest was very difficult.  In 16 I have rewritten many hundreds of lines of code just to make PWCG easier to test.  I can now simulate an entire campaign.  So I did - for every squadron in PWCG.  Running all of those simulations took a whole day.  By hand it would have taken a century and then some.  Over 20,000 missions generated with simulated AARs. 

Now we get to see how much good all of that testing really did.  Anything UI related is most at risk since the simulation does not use the UI.

#43 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:45

Wow, great news... just finished another night testing 2...

Ai are getting better on each missions, and better landings from the AI!

Great work Pat!

When final 16 is out, my YT career will start.

Cheers

Gen

#44 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 13 May 2015 - 15:59

For my own sanity a huge push in PWCG 16 has been testability.  There were errors in 15 that I simply could not track down and retest was very difficult.  In 16 I have rewritten many hundreds of lines of code just to make PWCG easier to test.  I can now simulate an entire campaign.  So I did - for every squadron in PWCG.  Running all of those simulations took a whole day.  By hand it would have taken a century and then some.  Over 20,000 missions generated with simulated AARs. 

Damn!  That's great news Pat.

#45 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 13 May 2015 - 16:11

Now we get to see how much good all of that testing really did.  Anything UI related is most at risk since the simulation does not use the UI.

Great

In version 15, there was a lot of problems of "undefined traget" on bombing missions (especially Br108, late 1917), did you make something to improve it ?

#46 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 13 May 2015 - 18:40

Fantastic work Pat.  Hopefully all the work you put into V16's testability will make your life much easier going forward.   Kudos to you, sir!

#47 flugkapitan

flugkapitan

Posted 14 May 2015 - 00:12

Hi Pat,

I haven't been testing the new version, but just want to express my thanks for all the work you are putting into this!

Cheers :icon_e_salute:

Scott

#48 kuroken

kuroken

Posted 14 May 2015 - 17:25

Hi Pat -

The good news - the ever-growing squadrons based on deaths in other squadrons you've served with seems to be gone. I loaded a pilot who'd not been used in 16.0, got notifications of deaths of pilots not in his squadron (presumably past comrades) and their replacements, but it didn't affect his squadron numbers. Transferred to other services, etc. with no issues and no additional squad members.

The getting-there news - The interface still shows activities happening in the player squadron, not the pilot's actual squadron, i.e.

esc_la_chasse_10.jpg

(He's somebody my pilot served with in the past - his squadron in the campaign file is 102032 (32 Squadron) not 101910 (10eme Esc de Chasse), so it's still not using the info in the campaign file in the UI display)

Have seen this a couple of times - not sure if it's something new in 16 or something that sometimes happened in 15 as well...

esc_124_squadron_move.jpg

And the notifications have gotten pretty insane, especially for a pilot with a lot of baggage - the pilot in this campaign has been at it since 1 January 1916, has transferred around a bit, and served with a lot of pilots. So I finish a mission and get a ton of notifications after each one. For example:

Date = 19/12/1917;
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Rumpler C.IV has been awarded to Sergent Oscar Wood";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Rumpler C.IV has been awarded to Major Peter Topsfield";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Albatros D.Va has been awarded to Lieutenant Percy Sprunt";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Albatros C.XII has been awarded to Sergent Gilbert Lafon";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Pfalz D.IIIa has been awarded to Captain Elroy Baker";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Rumpler C.IV has been awarded to Lieutenant Esmond Harper";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Rumpler C.IV has been awarded to Lieutenant Gardner Boddenham";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Albatros D.Va has been awarded to Lieutenant Neal Ayde";
        CampaignLog = "A victory over a Albatros D.Va has been awarded to 2nd Lieutenant Denley Strangewayes";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre with Silver Star has been awarded to Capitaine Henry Vix";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre with Silver Star has been awarded to Major Peter Topsfield";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Lieutenant Gilbert Pennebrygg";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to 2nd Lieutenant Felix Sulyard";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Herbert Gonson has been killed in action";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Travis Boote has been killed in action";
        CampaignLog = "2nd Lieutenant Elias Barker has been made a prisoner of war";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Gardner Boddenham has been made a prisoner of war";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Heath Welbeck has been seriously wounded in action";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Sterling Davy has been seriously wounded in action";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Merlin Sheffield has been seriously wounded in action";
        CampaignLog = "The great ace Ltn Walter von Bulow-Bothkamp was reported to be killed in action today";
        CampaignLog = "2nd Lieutenant Drake Glennon has transferred out of the squadron";

Fortunately, I don't see all of the victories in the UI (through tabs or in the description), though they are all logged in the squadron log.

Also the medal madness continues:

CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Lieutenant Burton Westbrook";
        CampaignLog = "The  Pilots Badge has been awarded to Sous Lieutenant Mason Younger";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Lieutenant Thomas Little";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Major Peter Topsfield";
        CampaignLog = "The  Pilots Badge has been awarded to Sergent Gregory Heyne";
        CampaignLog = "The  Pilots Badge has been awarded to Sergent Gilbert Lafon";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Captain Heath Serche";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Craig Benthey";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Capitaine Henry Vix";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Captain Harold Warbulton";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Captain Glenn Bushbury";
        CampaignLog = "The  Croix de Guerre has been awarded to Major Hadley Clitherow";

Again, all French medals (I had transferred to Esc 124) to everyone eligible for them at the moment. Whether Warbulton in 32 Sqnd or Bushbury in No 9 Squadron RNAS would have gotten the equivalent Brit medals or not, I don't know, since I don't know the qualifications for the Croix de Guerre in PWCG.

So for me the game-breaker of a steadily increasing pilot roster is fixed. The other stuff is cosmetic, for the most part - though when you're presented with 3-4 rows of tabs after mission, it makes it hard to catch the important stuff - maybe color coding, if possible, would help, i.e. red tabs for your squadron, green tabs for past squadmates, and neutral for the information like ace deaths, etc.

None of this, of course, detracts from the amazing work you're doing with the program.

Ken

#49 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 14 May 2015 - 23:09

Great feedback again - thanks.  I'll have to do a review of the UI to make sure that the pilot squadron is used and not the campaign squadron.

#50 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:21

Hi pat, did noticed that I can not scroll down  in the menu, for making a new career. I have a lot of careers so I need to scroll down.   

No luck on #3, hope this explains more, also no scrolltab  in full screen or small screen  [arrow] 

Attached File  PWCG.jpg   332.67KB   5 downloads

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#51 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 15 May 2015 - 17:17

Hi Pat,

After my first night testing PWCG 16.0 test 3... I must say that this new version rock's!

After only a few missions (playing in Jasta 10 - jan  1917), I had a few escadrilles Aces coming for me (near the verdun area), like escadrille 3 Ltn Georges Guynemer, S-ltn Rene Dorme, Albert Deullin and a few more with inisgnia with (black cats), (black elephant),... ( nieuport 11 and spads 7 ).

For now, no problem in game (AI seem's better in fighting and now land without crashing)... only GUI stuff I saw : when in the « Transfer Squadron tab », I seem to see script of code in the page?

Also, for the skins, is it possible that skins of pilots transfering to new squadrons stays with them? In one mission, I think I saw some skins from many squadron on the 4 planes flying near me?

More to come soon.

Cheers

Gen

#52 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 May 2015 - 00:45

Dutch: for the moment you're going to have to take some of your campaigns and put them into a backup folder to reduce the count. 

#53 Palatine

Palatine

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:56

Testing 16 test 3  --- 22 Sqdn 5/16 --- Observers are not being credited with missions (was working in 16.2!)

Thanks for your hard work and diligence!

#54 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:20

Hello

I created a 1916 austrian campaign, and in the briefing, I must "protect the ennemy balloons" !

I join the campaign directory, the campaign I created is "Hans Staltz"

Thank you anyway for your wonderfull PWCG !

Attached Files

#55 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:51

Hi

It's me again

I started a Sop104 July 1917 campaign.

The skin of my plane is ok, but the skin of my wingmen is wrong : default british

Thank you in advance

Attached Files

#56 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 May 2015 - 16:37

Hello

I created a 1916 austrian campaign, and in the briefing, I must "protect the ennemy balloons" !

Hello

Well, WWI high command had a bad reputation for a reason :).

Thanks, I'll get that one.

#57 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 May 2015 - 17:45

@GenMarkof007: transferred pilots are not included in subsequent missions, so I don't think that their skins can transfer.  It is possible for a mix of skins.  I try to limit squadron skins to that squadron, but there are a lot of skins that do not have specific markings that I use for anybody.

#58 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 17 May 2015 - 18:29

Hi

It's me again

I started a Sop104 July 1917 campaign.

The skin of my plane is ok, but the skin of my wingmen is wrong : default british

Thank you in advance

Hello

I played the joined mission and there is an irregularity :

As you can see in the debriefing, Jacques Lacq was destroyed by an Albatros, but in the "pormotion" table, you see that this pilot was actaully shot down by the albatros, and this is not noted.

I join the mission report

Attached Files

#59 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 17 May 2015 - 18:57

Not sure how to work this. I downloaded the main file and put the folder RofCampaign in my main ROF folder. There was no documentation in the zip so I am not sure how to start or activate this mod.

Update: I was not getting all the files. I tried three times to download from from the site but they all stalled and when I checked the zip properties found only 2.83 mb rather than the 38 or so mb I needed. I finally downloaded an older version from the ROG site and it works ok but really want to know how to get the newer beta version.

#60 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 17 May 2015 - 20:34

Not sure how to work this. I downloaded the main file and put the folder RofCampaign in my main ROF folder. There was no documentation in the zip so I am not sure how to start or activate this mod.

Update: I was not getting all the files. I tried three times to download from from the site but they all stalled and when I checked the zip properties found only 2.83 mb rather than the 38 or so mb I needed. I finally downloaded an older version from the ROG site and it works ok but really want to know how to get the newer beta version

Try this link:

http://www.mediafire...gn16.0Test3.zip

#61 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 17 May 2015 - 20:47

@jeanba4: I do not understand the issue.  There is no Jacques Lacq mentioned in the screenshots.

#62 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 17 May 2015 - 22:23

Thanks, that one worked great. Now is there a GUI that will work with this test version?

#63 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 17 May 2015 - 22:30

The existing GUI modification works.  The GUI modification is tied to the RoF version and not the PWCG version.

#64 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:49

Sorry, I badly read

Will recheck, but I was meaning that there is no info on Laffargues's kill on the map

#65 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:26

Thanks, this is quite interesting and very well done. The only thing I have trouble with is my lack of  knowledge of WWI actions and dates and so I have to chose a side and just scroll through the dates until I find one that works with the mission I want. For example, if I want to just be an observer on a certain plane I have to know the years that plane flew with observers or if it did or did not. 

It is complex but it should be and I will keep at it until I improve. 

#66 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 19 May 2015 - 23:19

@GenMarkof007: transferred pilots are not included in subsequent missions, so I don't think that their skins can transfer.  It is possible for a mix of skins.  I try to limit squadron skins to that squadron, but there are a lot of skins that do not have specific markings that I use for anybody.

Hi Pat, I understand for the planes skin, I did view the complete skin list for the Albatros III last night... ouf!

It's just a bit weird seeing 4 different insignia on 4 planes flying together (1 squadron).

When getting medals, it seem's that the text informing us about the medal, is a bit under the medal pic.

You can see a screen capture of this at kroken post higher on this page.

Other than this, I'm at my 21st missions with Jasta 10, and no error in any missions or post.

I just transfer to Jasta 11, and will see if any errors come's in the next missions.

Great job again

thx

Gen ;)

#67 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 20 May 2015 - 00:36

I just posted test 4. 

It corrects several bugs, most of those posted here and another that would prevent aces from getting non historical victories.

#68 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 20 May 2015 - 00:38

Sorry, I badly read

Will recheck, but I was meaning that there is no info on Laffargues's kill on the map

I think that I understand now.  This is possible as your squadron mates fly virtual missions outside of your actual missions.  The debrief map shows what happened in your mission.  It is possible that Laffargues's kill was achieved through the magic of statistics :).

#69 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:43

Thnak you, it is clear

#70 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:43

I will happily test next version :)

#71 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 20 May 2015 - 13:09

Using test number 3 and not really being familiar with this software I started an early campaign in an EIII. I used AI for my plane to test with and after we took off we flew to some flak at a nearby aerodrome where some enemy planes were attacking. My group flew around the flak in circles for about 20 minutes so I opted out of that mission. 

Next mission had us flying recon and it went smoothly but at the end as we neared our aerodrome I notice there were some Newports flying along with us. No one was attacking and we were all just flying along in formation. When we got to our airport we all just flew around in circles with no one landing and still the Newports were with us. Then after several circles we gained altitude and started to attack the Newports.. After that was done we continued our endless circle of our areodrome and so I opted out of that mission as well. 

#72 kuroken

kuroken

Posted 20 May 2015 - 15:01

Test 4 testing:

Lost all the campaigns from Test 1 version - apparently the compatibility fix for Ver 15 campaigns broke compatibility with earlier test version campaigns.

Everybody seems to be showing their proper squadrons in the UI - still not figuring out their proper nationality for medals after a nationality transfer, i.e.:

CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Patrick Wilson";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Garret Jordan";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Major Peter Topsfield";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Captain Heath Serche";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Hanley Dunch";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Captain Dudley Thorne";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Gardner Boddenham";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Dereck Chamberlain";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Captain Glenn Bushbury";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Burton Westbrook";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Captain Melvin Rowdon";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Percy Sprunt";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Lieutenant Hadden Frye";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Captain Elroy Baker";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Capitaine Henry Vix";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Captain Harold Warbulton";
        CampaignLog = "The  Medaille Militaire has been awarded to Major Hadley Clitherow";
        CampaignLog = "Garret Jordan has been promoted to Lieutenant";
        CampaignLog = "2nd Lieutenant Gilbert Pennebrygg has been killed in action";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Heath Welbeck has been killed in action";
        CampaignLog = "Captain Dudley Thorne has been killed in action";
        CampaignLog = "Lieutenant Percy Sprunt has been made a prisoner of war";
        CampaignLog = "Esc SPA.124 Lafayette has moved to Chaudun";

That was after a transfer from 56 Sqdn to Esc 124. I hope all my former squadies appreciate these medals I'm getting them while I jump from squadron to squadron...

Noticed a UI anomaly with promotions of former squadies:

sprunt.jpg

No squadron mentioned, and I saw this with another pilot who was promoted as well.

However, the next day, when poor old Sprunt was shot down and captured...

sprunt_2.jpg

...his current squadron is displayed.

So other than the medal madness, and the tab overload after missions, it's just about there, at least from my perspective. Not seeing any AI oddness myself, though I've seen enough less-than-intelligent behavior from the AI that I'm not sure I'd notice.

If you need a 16.0 test 1 campaign to play with to make it compatible, be glad to send one along.

And, as always, thanks for all the work you're putting into this.

Ken

#73 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:10

I'll have to work the medal thing.  When new AI pilots are created they often have a history.  They are supposed to get medals based on that history before you ever see them ... which gives me an idea ...

#74 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 23 May 2015 - 21:02

16.0 has been released.  Two tweaks from the last test version:

1. Fixed flood of medals

2. Added tool tip over flag icons on campaign create that displays the names of the service

- Just keep your mouse stationary over the flag for a moment and the service name will appear

#75 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 23 May 2015 - 21:27

Wow, great job Pat...

Will download this new version today!

Cheers

Gen

#76 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:58

Downloading 16.0 now.

Just wanted to say that I've seen something in test 16.4 that I'd never seen before ..... and I hope that it continues, because I'm happy. :icon_e_smile:

On exiting one mission, the ROF screen said that I had 0 kills, even though I thought I had almost certainly downed one........  PWCG gave me one!

On another mission, the ROF screen said that I shot down one.......I had thought one, maybe two ...... PWCG credited me with two!

:icon_e_salute:

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#77 keeno

keeno

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:34

Pat,

thanks for all the work that has gone into this campaign generator. I've been away for awhile playing CoD n BoS, just getting back into RoF and loving it, the PWCG is the best.

Cheers

#78 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 24 May 2015 - 15:42

Thank you for all the hard work Pat!!!!

#79 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 24 May 2015 - 17:21

Fabulous stuff Pat.  You do amazing work.

#80 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 24 May 2015 - 18:21

Great, thank you

I am still with beta4, but I really loved it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users