Photo
- - - - -

Se5: What on Earth is going on here???

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Dodsworth

Dodsworth

Posted 25 April 2016 - 13:44

I am having similar problems but it doesn't seem to relate to the trim wheel. Nearly every time I fly the S.E.5a, I get shot in the head and killed! I always get shot down, even by Albatros D.IIs. I can fly the SPAD XIII no worries. The Nieuport 17 I like best and I can fly the Albatros D.Va without difficulty. But as soon as I get into the S.E., I'm dead.

I'd be happy if I could survive even one mission.

#42 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 25 April 2016 - 14:33

I am having similar problems but it doesn't seem to relate to the trim wheel. Nearly every time I fly the S.E.5a, I get shot in the head and killed! I always get shot down, even by Albatros D.IIs. I can fly the SPAD XIII no worries. The Nieuport 17 I like best and I can fly the Albatros D.Va without difficulty. But as soon as I get into the S.E., I'm dead.

I'd be happy if I could survive even one mission.

Try lowering your pilot head position a little? (Just kidding ;))

Seriously though it might get better feedback if you start a new thread titled something like "How to survive in the SE5?" or some-such: this thread is over a year old.

BTW - I have only ever flown the SE5a once for a couple of landings and I got shot in the head too... (good excuse for some promotion)

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#43 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 25 April 2016 - 15:06

But as soon as I get into the S.E., I'm dead.

I did notice in unreasonable's video that only two shots killed the SEa driver, and I don't think unreasonable is that good of shot. :P  ;)  

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#44 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 25 April 2016 - 15:20

Ah but you did not see how many takes that section took - aiming those pistols without a cross-hair on screen is a hit and miss process. Mostly missing.

Plus I was using Steppenwolf's pilot/gunner hit-box mod throughout that film. If you have not tried it you should - it makes fights much more scary as the chances of being killed quickly if someone gets a bead on you are much increased and pilots can be hit through the fuselage unlike vanilla DM. (Possibly too much - I do not know exactly what area/volume the new boxes present compared to a real body). Worth a try - if you are tired of life. :) 

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#45 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 25 April 2016 - 15:23

Ah but you did not see how many takes that section took - aiming those pistols without a cross-hair on screen is a hit and miss process. Mostly missing.

Plus I was using Steppenwolf's pilot/gunner hit-box mod throughout that film. If you have not tried it you should - it makes fights much more scary as the chances of being killed quickly if someone gets a bead on you are much increased and pilots can be hit through the fuselage unlike vanilla DM. (Possibly too much - I do not know exactly what area/volume the new boxes present compared to a real body). Worth a try - if you are tired of life. :)

1+

Attached File  jTxK4bqTE.jpeg   149.98KB   2 downloads

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#46 Dodsworth

Dodsworth

Posted 28 April 2016 - 15:47

Okay, so none of you knows about this then?

You may not believe it but that is what is happening. I'm quite serious, ridiculous as it sounds. I get shot in the head almost every time I fly the S.E. and it doesn't happen in any other type I've flown.

#47 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 28 April 2016 - 16:26

Okay, so none of you knows about this then?

You may not believe it but that is what is happening. I'm quite serious, ridiculous as it sounds. I get shot in the head almost every time I fly the S.E. and it doesn't happen in any other type I've flown.

To analyse the problem we need to see some YouTubeage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users