* * * - - 8 votes

Germans have it pretty easy in this game

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#81 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 27 April 2015 - 14:11

I agree with your goals and rants ;) Bender... although I suspect RFC insisting to dogfight in S.E.5s says more of their mindset / tactics / doctrine dipping down from clueless general Trenchard than of merits of the plane itself. It's the same people who insisted that aerobatics are way to win dogfights, remember, and whose accounts often show they blindly assumed Germans are using the same tactics that they do because. Great Albert Ball demanded N.17 instead of S.E.5 while great Manfred von Richthoffen sent German airplane designers on year-long wild triplane chase. Skill did not protect them from error in judgement, although it let avoid consequences, win regardless od bad decisions and keep pretence they knew what they were doing. Until ones engine dies just after takeoff and his belief he can turn in S.E.5 makes him try to reverse for landing rather that ditch ahead...

(Besides, I've been dogfighting Mannock (the player) in his S.E.5.a, down on the deck... have seen how ace pilot in S.E.5.a is more than able to beat ordinary pilot in D.Va. Amusingly, he did the same pre-fix D.Va pilots did when catched by Camels... rolled and scissored and waited for error, then exploited it mercilessly).

Anyway, I agree with your position. And rants. I disagree with mixing them with notion that RoF should adhere to kimmy's definition of "fun" first and realism second. These are two very different things he's jumping between and tries to present as one. The absolutes and polarising statements you quote address the second notion, not first one, and are not below the level of question they are answering.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#82 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 27 April 2015 - 14:14

BSR you will never convince them with stats for two reasons, 1 they don't understand 2 they don't want to understand.  

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#83 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 27 April 2015 - 14:44

I think I see the problem.  Camels used to pwn Alby's at a ratio of 3 to 1 (and sometimes as high as 5 to 1).  Now it's only 2 to 1.  It's like Bloody April 2.0.  However shall the poor Brits continue the war effort??!!!?  Can RoF survive this terrible not quite as overwhelming as previously slaughter of the Germans??   Only time, and lots of whining, shall tell...

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#84 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 27 April 2015 - 14:49

Only time, and lots of whining, shall tell.

2,000,000 +

#85 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2015 - 16:16

All I can say to you, Hardy, is: learn to get into Boom 'n Zoom and fly the SE5a from time to time.

Actually, I do from time to time. Although I like to fly around in german planes for some stupid reason. Maybe because I'm german. Might be the same reason why kimmy want's to fly british planes. :o
So, finally I don't want to learn to get into Boom'n Zoom - I'd rhather increase my turning and twisting skills trying to be a hard target for SPADs to aim at.

However, what I tried to say is that it might be a good idea to choose for a fighting style, one appropriate plane and then practice. Learn to deal with the capabilities of your plane. Learn also about the things that your plane is not capable of. Regardless if it's Boom'n Zoom using a S.E.5 or turning and twisting around in a Camel. But don't howl if you got shot down in a SPAD while turning with a DR.I or bounced away by a S.E.5 while flying straight in a Pfalz D.IIIa on 2500m. Both approaches need know how,practice, discipline and the right plane.

I don't want to blame kimmy, or you!

The main point is, RoF is more a simulation than an arcade game. It's not so easy. The fun increases as your skills increase. It doesn't come with the next level where you're fighting a super ghost. For those who are into these arcade like games, RoF must be a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, arcade games are OK. But most likely one will be disapointed from a simulation like RoF if he expect an easy to play arcade which can be played sometimes for an hour bewteen dinner and the evening news on TV. And most likely one will be disapointed from an arcade like game if he expect realistic flight physics and simulated combats.

So maybe kimmy first should check if he has the right expectations. If he comes to the conclusion, that RoF is the right thing for him, he should not expect that things are easy and he will successful immediately. Learning Boom'n Zoom is as difficult as turning around in a Camel or DR.I.
I guess, there are not so much guys here flying RoF that can say "Im a brilliant expert on both, Boom'n Zoom and Turn-Fighting!". Most of us made a decision and try to make the best out of it.
And yes, if he comes to the conclusion, that RoF is the right thing for him, he should think about joining a squad. That might help.

But finally, yeah, kimmy is right: Most German planes are easier to handle for novice pilots. They're maneuverable, but not so fast. It is different, but not easier, and finally I must admit, Boom'n Zoom it the aerial combat model that made it's way until today.

Hope I was able to clarify some points. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to find the right words in a foreign language and my english is not that good.

Best regards
Hardy

img_3834.png

#86 Speckled_Jim

Speckled_Jim
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:01

The main point is, RoF is more a simulation than an arcade game.

Not aiming this at you partcularly, but this really annoys me about the attitude of some here. Insisting on calling it a sim rather than

a game as if somehow that elavates it above mere games. An elitist attitude that seems somewhat comical way of pretending one is too

mature or important to play computer games as they're merely childish entertainment.

Look, 777 themselves call it a game. The wording from their homepage "Rise of Flight - is a flight simulation game".

The way that is worded in english, simulation being the adjective describing the noun "game". They call it a game.

Then you fire up the splash screen and you have a button to "start game". Then you have the loading screen saying "1C game studios".

Face it, mature or not, we like playing computer games. That's all this is. A very good one with noble attempts at realism to be sure. But still a game.

I also don't remember arcade games as being easy as such. I remember playing on the Space Invaders arcade machine when it was delivered

to our local drinking hole way back in the early eighties when even the ZX Spectrum wasn't yet available. That damn machine swallowed all our

pocket money for what seemed like a very brief go. They make them too easy and people get bored before they run out of coins. Not good for

business at all.

#87 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:16

You'd really hate the BoS forums them, Jim  :icon_e_salute: . 

The point of game is to have fun, usually by trying to win. The point of simulation is to faithfully recreate some aspect of reality so users can experience it. Not all simulators are games, you know :), but games that are also simulators need to adhere to the "faithfully" part. All elements related to recreating flight, physics engine and flight models included, are elements of the simulation. Elements designed to maximise fun part - careers, server scenarios, scoreboards, awards and archivements and whatnot are indeed game elements, which use simulation components as vehicle (sic!) to provide the promised fun.

Compare with games that go straight for fun element without limiting themselves by trying to be plausble recreating planes, cars, guns and whatever 3d models in game look like. Calling them arcade is oversimplification (again, study BoS forums for excellent examples), but equaling them with games that have sim element is even more faulty. They are aimed at different, broader audience. Yes, RoF is a game built around flight simulator. No, flight simulator component is not a game. Compare with sims like X-Plane that have no game element whatsoever, just let you recreate the experience.

Demanding for simulation part to be as plausible as possible while fun is left to game elements is not elitism, it's precision. So is reminding people who want more emphasis on fun that there are games out there doing just that, without limits that come with "simulation" stamp. Saying that program is beneath me because game elements are not dignified enough is elitism (again, study BoS community for excellent examples).  

P.S. I miss your pigeon, somehow your posts look less yours without it. Stupid, I know.

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#88 Speckled_Jim

Speckled_Jim
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:50

The way you describe it there sounds perfectly sensible, reasonable and a valid opinion. I don't really agree with you, but respect your opinion

as you state it here.

What I don't respect is when people throw that opinion around as an insult or a snide remark as a schoolboy playground retort in an attempt to put another user

down. It's ugly in a tabloidy kind of way and does this community no favours at all. I expect far more civilised arguments from people who are more

than capable of making them.

Sorry about the pigeon. Can't remember what I did with the image. However, it wasn't quite right. The pigeon in the TV series I pinched the

name from should be much more, um, speckled I guess. I'll find something suitable eventually.

Yes the BoS forum sounds like it's not for me. But it doesn't matter. I generally only buy a new game about once every 5-10 years and then play

it to death before buying another. Last decade I've bought ArmA2 and all it's expansions, Egosoft's X3TC and ROF. That's it really. I guess my boredom

threshhold is fairly high.

Anyway. I'm going to curtail my little one-man crusade here. I don't have the energy and real life is unfortunately about to intrude.

I wish you all many happy landings.

#89 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:30

Here you go Jim, oops sorry not a pigeon

Attached Files

#90 Speckled_Jim

Speckled_Jim
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 29 April 2015 - 18:41

Wow, that's a really nice example of speckled. I'm almost tempted to use it. The problem is it's supposed to be a carrier-pigeon. I'm not

sure what would happen if the General strapped the "over the top" order to a duck. It might eat it I guess. Here in Amsterdam they seem to eat

mostly everything else. The advance would be delayed and the Field Marshall's drinks cabinet would remain static.

Disaster!

#91 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 29 April 2015 - 19:14

PigeonBomber.jpg

GIVE'M HELL!

4349216-3x2-700x467.jpg

Forum moderator.

#92 Speckled_Jim

Speckled_Jim
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 29 April 2015 - 19:51

That's fantastic! Thanks very much. Now to decide which one. I'm rather liking the second one actually.

#93 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 29 April 2015 - 21:04

If you needed a bad mood avatar...

b060bcc9b5205b15934c7b1de16f9c0d.png

Forum moderator.

#94 Speckled_Jim

Speckled_Jim
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:01

Hmmm. I'll pass on that one, but thanks anyway.

#95 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 18:22

oooh my two cents worth!

I was doing really terribly just this, um, morning, er 6am.... oops, on the "other" server.

Did a really brilliant job of not getting shot down in the N.28 for mmm, say two or three sluggish turns, then I get it... dead.

(if that plane could turn just a bit more it would DEVOUR most other planes, funny that, it's not quite enough...odd eh...)

oh and I made it quite hard for even the Dva to get me straight away, they had to work to get me.

Then jumped on the trusty old N.17 an even chased an DVa till the server rolled. nooooo.... but I was BnZ'd to death.

So yes not many kills. None I think.

Ah well, maybe I will try the free Dva I got in the mail...

As I thought, plastering it all over the show. Too easy. I was on a few chaps tails in no time, even the "hot" guy in a Dva. (I was chuffed!)

If I was only interested in smashing out the enemy and getting really amazing stats... I would be bashing them to bits with the Dva.

and I have hardly flown it. It's too easy. I was turning and zooming and all that stuff with reasonable ease.

So yes.

It is a tricky thing.

Do the Germans have it easy?

Well if the Dva is easy to fly productively and has good visibility and two well oiled chain saws... I guess so... 

Hi BSR! You funny man. :)

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#96 J2_VonGraff

J2_VonGraff
  • LocationCenter of the Universe

Posted 30 April 2015 - 18:30

If I was only interested in smashing out the enemy and getting really amazing stats... I would be bashing them to bits with the Dva.

and I have hardly flown it. It's too easy. I was turning and zooming and all that stuff with reasonable ease.

How many PvP kills have you logged in it?

V-Graff

'Flight leader, fuel check - I have "E" gallons sir.'

j2-graff-signature-e1425051735579.jpg

#97 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:05

Zero (0). 

Yes. None.

But then I have never been to the moon and I am pretty sure it's not made of cheese.

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#98 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:08

Zero (0). 

Yes. None.

But then I have never been to the moon and I am pretty sure it's not made of cheese.

Plank.

You might know that it's not made of cheese, but you have no chance of getting there to confirm it.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#99 J2_VonGraff

J2_VonGraff

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:10

Despite your attempt at deferral with the usual random gibberish.......please let us know how long from today it takes you to get 5 kills in the good ole DVa. I'm curious.

V-Graff

#100 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:12

And rams don't count as kills.

Free Plank!

#101 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:13

D.Va is ideal plane to start and learn RoF - be it multiplayer or basic piloting - and I'll always suggest new pilots to start with it before moving to more ambitious machines. This said, people who jump into D.Va and believe they will suddenly start bashing enemies to bits are common, but not that succesful. Overconfidence killed the Spad and all that. Me, I love hunting them in D.H.4 (as in, a bomber ).

Forum moderator.

#102 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 20:01

My dear friends. 

By the simple application of a bit of flying and comparison I came to a conclusion.

"But then I have never been to the moon and I am pretty sure it's not made of cheese."

Do I have to collect stats to prove the Dva is an easy to fly, capable plane?

BSR. You funny man :)

When I first got RoF I thought all planes behaved like the N.17 so I just plugged away with that. (call me stupid)

I was surprised to find planes less "taxing" to fly much later and had way better guns and were really fast.

(and my limited virtual flying experience is flying the ARMA2  AH-6J , so I was not put off by the constant crashing etc)

The op stated his opinion. (it's the very first post...)

and I am thinking there is an element of something in it.

so I added my two cents worth.

Sorry if you think I am wrong or misguided.

I am sure most people who do anything thinking they are going to be great are going to either be, more or less or equal to, great.

Which means that some people will have actually done quite well in the DVa straight out of the box... not all mind. some.

and someone who jumps straight into a N.17 with no previous flying skills will probably not do very well. I think we all agree on that?

Why is the Dva the ideal plane to learn RoF in?

Because it's easy and really good?

And I am so happy for you, hunting Dva's in your DH4 , you are obviously a much better pilot than they are. I fail to see your point.

Well it's now very early and I probably should go to bed. Nighty night.

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#103 J2_VonGraff

J2_VonGraff

Posted 30 April 2015 - 20:21

Yes in essence, german planes generally tended to handle better than their Entente counterparts and were easier for neophyte pilots to control. This is why people have been recommending it to you for some time now.

V-Graff

PS> But still........let us know when you hit 5 pvp victories in it. And by "hit" I mean with bullets. Should be a decent litmus test of how effective it is in fresh hands.

#104 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 30 April 2015 - 20:46

Because it's forgiving of pilot errors, in game where most planes are actively trying to kill their pilots. Not best plane to get kills in, but surely best plane to not kill oneself due to bad piloting. It has almost no engine management to speak of, it's really hard to spin it or lose control of it. Basically, it does what pilot asks of it, so he can experiment with new ways of doing things rather than fighting own machine to accomplish anything. 

Also, it's strengths are obvious, so flying it to it's strengths comes naturally. It's best trainer in any sim I have tried.

Forum moderator.

#105 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 01 May 2015 - 00:32

my main point is that the Allied planes are much harder to fly and have quirks that (for whatever reason) simply do not have to be dealt with on the German side (mainly the rotary engines).

So in effect you're presented with a choice: Do you want a challenge or a real challenge. Different levels of difficulty acknowledged by all. That's it, nothing can change it so let's just move on.

Polish-infested London

#106 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:34

Dear chaps.

I actually relished the challenge to fly the N.17 competently and still do.

and consider it a very good trainer if you want to learn how to really polish what flying skills you have.

To weather a BnZ attack in the N.17 is something I have yet to master, but they still have to work to get me.

To move over to central and start flying around in the Dva was rude shock. how simple it is to fly! and if my N.17 had those guns... oh my.

I would like to see more Dva aces switch over to the N.17 and try their luck in it.

It's worth the struggle I think.

Maybe not for kills but for the shear pleasure of flying.

I might have approached this whole flying thing along the hardest route but I think it has actually worked out well.

After a few months of plugging away I feel quite at home dodging bullets and playing hard to get.

Probably more so than if I had joined central and flown the Dva.

I now also have a healthy respect for the Camel and Pup. I have watched many pitched battles where the Camel has been

flown effortlessly and with a deadly precision that is beyond me. (how do they do it?)

so I am quite happy to fly the hard planes and eventually be a better pilot for it. That is my feeling on the matter.

To sum up and then bow out of this thread:

If a new player focuses on the Dva and learns how to get the best out of it, then I think they will get some very good results and be well chuffed.

They might then have a look at other AC and learn how they fly and try their hand with them.

Salute!

Plank.

Ps. A funny thing: I was whining in game about my crap flying skills and blaming my AC (my bad habit..),

and a chap suggested I try a Nieuport as an example of a "hard to fly" plane and really have something to whine about...

I agreed with him totally and mentioned I was doing exactly that. I think we both smiled.

-

Captured again!

#107 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:21

From Book FLYING FURY citation of Major James Thomas McCudden VC DSO and Bar MC and Bar MM:

"On November 5th I went to Hendon with Captain Clive Collett to fly a V-strutter Albatros which he had for demonstration purposes, and I had a nice ride in it, but I could not think how the German pilots could manoeuvre them so well, for they were certainly not easy to handle. The Albatros which Collett flew was the one that was flown by the Hun Serjeant-Major when he was driven down in our lines by three Spads of another squadron"

Someone would say: those are anecdotes. But look what kind of person he was and he was a mechanic to. He wrote it all down immediately after it happens. This citation also describe it well:

"... Of course, those in France had Vickers guns and mine had the lighter Lewis, but still my machine had done over one hundred hours flying and was getting old. I always have had a mania for comparing the performances of aeroplanes with others. My Pup at 10,000 feet, whilst flying level, gave a speed of 88 m.p.h. on the air speed indicator, which means a corrected speed of 104 m.p.h., which for the 80 h.p . power Le Rhône engine shows how efficient the machine’s design was."

#108 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:01

I could not think how the German pilots could manoeuvre them so well, for they were certainly not easy to handle

Magnify

the German pilots could manoeuvre them so well

Well, apparently he believed they could, even if it was not-intuitive for someone used to Entente machines...

Forum moderator.

#109 kimmy_yeager

kimmy_yeager

Posted 04 May 2015 - 13:48

RoF is not simulating anything WWI.  Did all pilots take 20 flares of different colors with them into the air?  How did they manage the bionic zoom we have now?  How did they get the radios to work like TeamSpeak?  Their guns must have never jammed much either.  RoF air combat is done in the mud... at treetop height... in WWI less than 1km would get you chewed to pieces as every rifle/MG was now pointed at you.  And we all know the best way to bomb a factory is from 500m in daylight... just like in WWI!!!!

There are dozens of reasons why RoF is not a Sim...  even the clans game the game.. yet somehow they then sit back and say things like 'wow.. that's how they did in the war!'.  No, no they didn't.

Stats aside (I don't think we should even believe the scoring system at all in RoF) the main point still remains, the game gives you two choices... fly an easy German aircraft and get kills and have fun, or try to fly a harder allied aircraft and be fodder for the easy to fly German aircraft.

If someone new to the game gets good enough to want to go online in MP (single players I don't care about.... online numbers matter) they buy the camel because 'it the best' allied fighter... and never learn it.  stop playing allied (because the one plane they did buy kills them) and stays German.  It hurts the German side because there is no one to fly against, and hurts the allied side because no one is flying allied.  Its a lose/lose scenario.

I think 777 needs to get a good, solid entry/mid level plane in the game or alter (even if not 'historically' correct) a current plane to give some balance.

#110 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 May 2015 - 13:55

Stats aside (I don't think we should even believe the scoring system at all in RoF) the main point still remains, the game gives you two choices... fly an easy German aircraft and get kills and have fun, or try to fly a harder allied aircraft and be fodder for the easy to fly German aircraft.

kimmy, the only reason you believe this to be true is because you suck at this game.  A decent Spad pilot should get lots of kills and is almost untouchable in RoF.

Free Plank!

#111 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 May 2015 - 13:55

I think 777 needs to get a good, solid entry/mid level plane in the game or alter (even if not 'historically' correct) a current plane to give some balance.

And just what would that plane be? Now this is my opinion but the Pup is a lot easier to fly and fight with than any German scout.

P.S. please dis regard my question, 777 can add this plane just for kimmy.

Attached Files

#112 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 15:15

Hi Chaps.

My buddy has just signed up for RoF after I badgered him to muck in. (it took yonks and a few badgers)

At the moment he is Flying the DVa after I mentioned it was a stable good plane. and free. he was all for easy to fly :)

after a few minutes he was busting up balloons and following the lone unarmed N.28 around (NW training arena)

I suspect if  I can win him over to the Entente side he will be a Stirling chap, if not he be a royal pain in the rectum.

It will be very interesting to see what he has to say after a bit of compare and contrast. Will post some feed back.

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#113 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 04 May 2015 - 15:56

It is most appreciable of you that you got your buddy stick with RoF too. There's never enough fresh blood. Lot of people just hop in MP "full-real", realize they don't know how to start the engine (they don't bother doing even a tiny bit of reading first) and then they go away. Hope your buddy won't be among them.

#114 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 16:16

Hello J2

My friend is an avid "gamer" and quite good at using his XBOX controller on his PC. (!!!)

When he gets his flying kit sorted out he will be a pilot not to be taken lightly. :)

He said he really liked "flight unlimited" so that gauges his feelings on flight sims...

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#115 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 04 May 2015 - 19:42

And just what would that plane be? Now this is my opinion but the Pup is a lot easier to fly and fight with than any German scout.

P.S. please dis regard my question, 777 can add this plane just for kimmy.

Hey, instead of Crimson Skies, how about they add this plane as an easy late war Entente scout to counter the existing easy late war Central scout (Albatros D.Va):

9aJVKbA.jpg

I've heard that it's easy to fly and turns on a dime, but sadly suffers from some problems with its engine and fuel lines catching fire as well as shedding fabric in a dive. But overall, a great little rotary plane which even rookie USAS pilots were rather happy to fly, till they got mercilessly bounced by superior Fokker D.VII pilots.

Would be a great introduction for new pilots, don't you think? We don't have anything quite like that in RoF yet.

J5_Hellbender

#116 kimmy_yeager

kimmy_yeager

Posted 04 May 2015 - 20:08

The Pup is not comparable to the DVa.  All it does is turn (and stall).  It cannot BnZ and will not outrun anything on the German side.

The new German pilot gets a DVa... fast, and can turn (and turn and turn).  The allied pilots get an N17.. crappy gun (foster mount sucks for aiming.. the line of sight is way off until 50-100m out) is way to slow (you cannot run down an enemy nor can you run away) or the SPAD... its faster... but for the love of God don't turn the thing... poor visibility to boot.

Maybe mod the DVa down to the lower performing DV specs (then you have a slower, less maneuverable plane) or more proper, give the German pilots the Halberstat DII... that is basically the N17 for the Germans.

And good ol BSR... I can play the game fine... all I need to do is hop in the DVa... 8 kills an hour is not to bad.  

The SPAD is a child's plane.  Run, run away!  If that's fun to you then I guess you also like other exciting games like 'Watching paint dry, the sim' or 'Grass Growing V - The Front lawn'.

#117 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 04 May 2015 - 20:22

The Pup is not comparable to the DVa.  All it does is turn (and stall).  It cannot BnZ and will not outrun anything on the German side.

That's a N28 that Hellbender is waxing sarcastic about

#118 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 May 2015 - 20:36

This may be true but with practice it will defeat any German plane, all you have to do is hang around and fight instead of crashing to the ground when a German plane come close.  

#119 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 21:48

Oh I know this one!

The pup is the one that can turn around corners but it's wings might not stay on.

The N.28 is the one that can't turn round corners and it's wings might stay on.

no? yes? :)

P.

-

Captured again!

#120 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:16

You're much too new to this sim to be burnt out by old broken FMs already, Plank. Just enjoy the game for what it is. And if you must venture online, fly the SPAD XIII high and fast. That's the best and most historical advice anyone can give you.

J5_Hellbender

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users