- - - - -

Missing Planes on Steam Channel Battle Edition and DLC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 paolocalosci

paolocalosci

Posted 01 April 2015 - 18:04

I have two separate accounts of ROF.

The first is the standard, bought in the very first days after the release, with some planes.

The other is the Steam account, where I have access with my Steam login and in this account I have Channel Battle Edition and several DLCs.

But, this is the question, some planes are missing in the game; for example, the Felixstowe is missing from Channel Battle Edition, the Gotha and another plane are missing from the "Legendary Bombers" DLC and the fighters from the "Furious Wings" DLC are missing, too...

The Channel Battle Edition and the DLC are regularly on my library on Steam.

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Paolo

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 02 April 2015 - 14:30

Are you starting ROF through Steam?

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 02 April 2015 - 16:28

Just to make sure -  you do have two Rise of Flight accounts, one for planes you have from steam, other for planes you have since forever? Each tied to different email, so that when you start rise of flight, you log in with email1 to log in with your old planes, and email2 to log in with steam planes? Because your steam account /steam DLCs have nothing to do directly with what planes you can access in the game... it's just delivery system, it's not used for DRM.  All the steam products really do is give you steam version of (ordinary) RoF program, and CD-Keys that add planes you pay for to your second RoF account, the same way gift codes are used to add planes to ordinary RoF accounts. 

For instance, I have forever had a RoF account, tied to email Trupobaw@wp.pl. When I log in with that account to store here and buy planes or activate gift code, they add themselves to account. I can fly these planes when I log in as Trupobaw@wp.pl into Rise of Flight.

Now, I have even older steam account, tied to email called Trup@hotmail.com. I use to log into steam and buy steam RoF and some DLCs.  They are visible in steam library as available to me, but if I log  into RoF program as Trupobaw@wp.pl, i get my old non-steam planes and if I log in as Trup@hotmial.com I get error. What I need to do is to make second Rise of Flight account (say, with new email SteamTrupRoF@gmail.com), then log into this site here as SteamTrupRoF@gmail.com, take CD key of my steam RoF and each of DLC I bought, and activate these CD-keys here as if it was gift code (game first, DLCs later). This adds the planes to RoF account SteamTrupRoF@gmail.com. From this point on, when I log into RoF as Trupobaw@wp.pl I get my old, non-steam planes, and when I log in with SteamTrupRoF@gmail.com I get my steam planes.

CD-keys can be obtained by right-clicking on Rise of flight on your steam library, it opens menu that has "view cd-key" option.

If you did all of above, have steam and non-steam RoF emails and accounts, have activated the CD-Keys of all your steam content on your steam-RoF account, got your planes but some of them are missing... your steam account is genuinely screwed up, send the ticket to customer support. 

Are you starting ROF through Steam?

Actually, it does not matter, steam is just gift key delivery system here. I'm using both my steam and non-steam planes via the ordinary RoF program, I just choose which email I log in with. Any RoF program can be used to access contents of any RoF account. The program even recognizes if your account uses steam licence or not, and changes interface accordingly.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#4 paolocalosci

paolocalosci

Posted 02 April 2015 - 19:28

Many thanks, J2_Trupobaw.

Must I create a new account at riseofflight.com site? Maybe I can use my gmail  account, rarely used.

Then log with this mail into riseofflight.com and insert my game code, Channel Battle Edition and the other DLC (purchased by Steam), correct?

So it is not necessary to have a steam installation to play...or not?

Many thanks again.

Paolo

#5 paolocalosci

paolocalosci

Posted 02 April 2015 - 19:31

=HillBilly=

Yes I log into Steam to play Channel Battles and the DLCs, into rieoffflight.com the play the original version of the game, with the planes included and other bought separately.

Paolo

#6 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 02 April 2015 - 23:08

Many thanks, J2_Trupobaw.

Must I create a new account at riseofflight.com site? Maybe I can use my gmail  account, rarely used.

Or at riseofflight.com site or in game. Right click on ROF in steam library, select view CD key, write down or copy CD-key for main Channel Battles game. Start RoF (steam version to be safe), instead of logging in select "create new account", enter any email address you have that you have not been using for RoF yet, enter CD-Key from steam RoF as activation key, activate. I am using my "gaming" email for ordinary RoF account and my regular gmail address for steam account. After you log into RoF with this second account there will be "activate key" button in lower right corner of menu (appears only if using steam licence" that lets you activate DLC CD keys in-game.

So it is not necessary to have a steam installation to play...or not?

Not really. You can check your CD-keys without installing the steam game, and I think you can buy DLCs for game you have not installed. Once you have the keys from DLCs, you can play both your RoF accounts on any RoF program. I have found steam version of RoF less stable on my PC, with pulsing FFB bug little uglier, so I keep it installed but don't use it. 

Steam version brings steam overlay (less useful than TS), steam archivements (which stop working if you use game mods on or install skinpacks) and cheap plane via steam sales (which you can play on any RoF copy). So I buy my planes there, but fly them on ordinary RoF.

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#7 paolocalosci

paolocalosci

Posted 05 April 2015 - 21:46

Thanks  J2_Trupobaw  but here is still a lot of cunfusion, here...

I've tried to create a new account with a never-before-used mail; I have re-installed the non steam version of ROF, now I have the steam version and the original version...

With the new mail I have had not the chance to activate no one of the purchased packs, the gane remains in "demo mode"

With the old version of the game, with my original mail and PW I can find all the aircrafts bought on the ROF store and also some DLC bought on Steam, activated with steam codes (Birth of Warbirds, Bloody April and Intrepid Flyiers) but still Channel Battle Edition, Furious Warbirds and Legendary Bombers are missing because the program says to me that those keys are "invalid keys" (strangely, the same keys of the other DLCs were regularly activated...)

I prefere now to keep the non-Steam version of the game, as J2_Trupobaw suggests, but I wuold like to have all the items that I bougth.

Sorry for my insistence, and thanks again for yuor help and kindness (and sorry for my english...)

Paolo

#8 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 05 April 2015 - 22:47

If the game key activation menu and here

http://riseofflight....e/license-keys/

say your CD-keys from steam DLCs are invalid, you need to contact customer support. If by some error you got faulty keys, they will straighten it out.

http://riseofflight....upport/request/

Forum moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users