Photo
- - - - -

FIXED ---> Login online not working. (A bit cross)<--- FIXED

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:52

Hey Hellbender - I got curious and ran that ipconfig /all you mentioned, and lo and behold it reported my DNS server was an internal/private IP address just like Plank is seeing. (I'm not having any problems connecting, like Plank is).   It looks to me like that's the internal/private IP address for my ISP-connected router, which seems right since I guess that's where my PC is getting its DNS from - the real question would seem to be where my (and Plank's) router is getting its DNS from.

I haven't tried figuring that out yet - just wanted to note that seeing that 192.168.x.x IP address for DNS from your PC in the results from ipconfig /all may not be the problem.

Hey Pantercules,

You're absolutely right, I had forgotten that some routers do DNS forwarding. It might be worth a try to administer the router at 192.168.1.1 in your web browser and find out if it has some information about the actual DNS server available.

Hey Plank,

Could you please do the same thing Panthercules described, which is change your DNS server to Google's Public DNS?

Set the following addresses under "Use the following DNS server addresses":

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8

Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

You can follow this procedure (the screenshots halfway down the page are pretty helpful):

http://www.sevenforu...indows-7-a.html

And you can always revert to automatically obtained DNS later.

I'm probably wrong about the whole domain name server idea, but I'd still like to see it through to the end if you don't mind.

If it turns out to be correct, however, then the problem indeed doesn't lie at your end, but with your ISP.

J5_Hellbender

#42 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 16:22

attachicon.gifthe dirty fokkers.jpg

Now, I am not a genius, but by looking at this the (insert rude words here) are stopping the mail from getting through.

What is the master server IP address?

I would wager cash money that Traceroute on it's way to it won't get any further than bloody AUCKLAND.

If you look closely you will note that the 8.8.8.8 google dns server is being blocked by my isp.

I think I mentioned this a while back.

Adding 8.8.8.8 to my router or the Ethernet adapter does nothing. setting it to auto does nothing either.

I would say that my ISP has done something at their end and it probably involves the rise of flight master-server ip address.

I asked RoF for it's addy so that I could tracert it but no one has responded. To check if I can contact it.

I will ring the ISP on monday etc etc etc.

tomorrow I take my PC and the router to a friends to prove that it is the ISP.

I should imagine RoF will be chuffed and authorise my new stuff.

I asked two of my buddies to tracert 8.8.8.8 and they had success. I did not. Game over. ISP gets a kick in  the arse.

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#43 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 27 March 2015 - 17:16

Let's hope the issue is indeed with the ISP, they're the easiest and cheapest to replace in my experience (at least in Belgium, they are).

Good luck, sir!

J5_Hellbender

#44 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 17:45

N E W S - N E W S - N E W S - N E W S - N E W S - N E W S.

The chaps from RoF sent me an IP addy for me to test.

I am not sure if I am at liberty to post up the details. (yet?)

but the mail definitely does NOT get through.

why this is the case I do not know.

It seems the connection makes it to the states and then dies.

I would not be surprised if it is piling up in someones in box.

or worse straight into the garbage collection....

So things look like they might be at their end after all...

Plank. (not so cross now)

-

Captured again!

#45 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 27 March 2015 - 20:28

Good news indeed now all you have to do is get with your internet provider and see why the bottle neck. 

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#46 Palgolak

Palgolak
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 27 March 2015 - 21:22

The 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 never worked for me either. Plank, would you be comfortable DMing me the IP address they gave you to test?

#47 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:45

Chaps. There is no new news today. Sorry. Normal news we resume later at an unspecified date. I am not even sure what day it is.

Apparently it's Saturday, today. all day. even. I wish they would let me out more....

So yes, I might have to entertain myself by recanting tall stories. (recant? Dictionary time) oh I see.

So being flown into Wellington airport in a light plane in the dark in the rain. (it's always windy in Wellington, any one will tell you that)

looking out the window does you no good. It's just inky black with a few dots of light and beading water on the pane.

When you finally see something it's the sea, and it's very close. (and I know the runway is short, too short)

We came into land sideways. and hit the runway. You could feel the suspension soak up the hit.

When  we emerged to run across the tarmac you had to run with the wind, and then you had to make sure you didn't get swept

away. Taking too high a step had serious repercussions. If you let go of anything like a jacket or pack or case, it was gone, to be plastered

against something down wind.  Do not let go of people that might be in danger of taking off. They will.

I'm all for light planes. Jolly good fun, but holy mackerel, pilots landing them at Wellington airport need to have a pair. and a spare pair as well. 

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#48 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 14:17

Can anyone in NEW ZEALAND contact the master-server? (just to be sure)

-

Captured again!

#49 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 28 March 2015 - 14:41

Hey, I've been experimenting with google DNS and while it helped me get connection to master server (login online, career mode, entering the servers) more often, when online I couldn't see other players planes and other players couldn't see me. It turned out to be problem with my firewall, which did but did not not recognize google DNS as DNS server... everything worked except RoF, changing DNS to ISP default or turning down firewall fixed the problem. I suspect the RoF MP may be very complicated, using multiple connections over multiple ports, and it's possible for firewall to let through only some of it.

So, my lesson was, if you run a firewall drop it for tests. Especially if you are sure it is letting through everything you want it to ;)

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#50 Beowulf1

Beowulf1
  • LocationPennsylvania, U.S.A.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 15:12

Don't like to stick my nose in where it may not belong but, I had this very same problem just after the last update. At the time it seemed that others were having the same issue.  My cure was the firewall.  I did not turn it down but went into Application control, found the ROF.exe and ROF updater and went to Advance and gave them every permission that was there.  I was able to log in immediately. (It seems that internet security is getting extremely picky, with good reason, and jumps on any change in behavior of a program.)

As I run Zone Alarm Extreme Security I do not know the procedure for the windows firewall.

TANJ

(There Aint No Justice)

#51 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:18

Hi there J2_Trupobow and Beowulf1

In my mad endeavours to get this things sorted I  have tried mixing it up, Ahem:

Firewall on

Ports open

firewall off,

with a cup of tea,

with a cup of coffee, 

pictures of Aces in drag (male)

pictures of aces in drag (female)

drapes open

windows closed, 

lawn mowed, lawn not mowed.

Facing Mecca not facing Mecca

Tracers every fifth round

Tracers every Tenth round....

etc

ectera

Potatoe

Tomatoe

"I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam I am. " - Dr Seuss..

-

Captured again!

#52 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:24

I have no idea what this means but it looks pretty. (bad)

Attached File  red is bad right.jpg   505.63KB   1 downloads

Dave (say hello to the nice people Dave)

Shae (Shae is phobic of other people)

Myself (a complete jerk) and have tried to TRACERT fokker.riseofflight.com  from out respective domiciles with different ISP's

None of us could get though.

Can any one in NEW ZEALAND make contact with the Master-Server???? I can't be the only person who uses this sim.

Plank

-

Captured again!

#53 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:11

The STRUGGLE goes on.

Ran TRACERT on fokker.riseofflight.com [174.129.204.103]

ends up stalling at 216.182.224.75  check it out. AMAZON US.

FAIL

ran TRACERT on albatros.riseofflight.com [174.129.208.107]

and it ended up stalling at 216.182.224.81 AMAZON US again.

FAIL

ran TRACERT on breguet.riseofflight.com  [79.125.10.44]

and it stalls at  79.125.0.81 AMAZON DUBLIN IRELAND.

FAIL

And finally the winner is: 54.230.133.157 which got through.

rof_updater.exe    2568    TCP    192.168.1.100    51006    54.230.133.157    80    ESTABLISHED    1    133    2    643  

at you guessed it AMAZON US. 

WIN.

Did not update anything

FAIL.

so it seems that I can get to 54.230.133.157 but not to anything else.

Martini anyone?

and yes my fire wall was OFF and ports OPEN and the router was set to ISP DNS address. (ARGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!)

(damn I spilled my drink...)

Planca

-

Captured again!

#54 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 13:48

Plank I have absolutely nothing to add .... but have you checked for invisible domes over your island? Thant an changing your brand of tea .... remember the key to a good cup of tea is heat he cream to the same temp as the tea.

Cheers

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#55 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 14:58

Dear Chief.

Yes, I decided to go all matrix on this one and have been trying out some software.

Wireshark and Nmap. Very interesting...

There is definitely exchanges of stuff between my PC and their servers. through the right ports and all. but it's not actually doing anything. It's bung.

so I took a snap shot of the network traffic and will show my pet boffin. He loves this sort of thing. does Karate as well. Might come in handy....

and I do not take tea with cream. Leave the teabag in, half a tsp of sugar. Ta much.

Thanks for checking in. Appreciate it.

Bloody cross though, be spitting bullets soon. (!)

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#56 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 31 March 2015 - 15:05

I do not take tea with cream. Leave the teabag in, half a tsp of sugar. Ta much.

That's your problem, you should never sweeten tea with sugar, use whiskey. :D

#57 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 31 March 2015 - 15:06

Bloody cross though, be spitting bullets soon. (!)

Plank.

Well here one to you in hope ye get that crate up soon so you can spew bullets at the like of me ..... but I'll warn ya, I will not sit still ... LOL

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#58 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 16:49

Yes well.

lets see how long it takes to get into the air first. 

I think this is the longestes take off ever....

Bloody machines. Infernal devices!

Planca.

-

Captured again!

#59 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:58

Now trying to re download the RoF UE installer.

T H I R T E E N    H O U R S  T O   G  O. 

-

Captured again!

#60 JG1_Lipfert

JG1_Lipfert

Posted 01 April 2015 - 18:09

Plank,

Do you have access to a Teamspeak 3 server? Possible to walk you through some more detailed troubleshooting? Are you able to draw a diagram or simplify how your plugged into your Internet Connection?

Checkout this site: http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Possible create an account here for now aswell: http://www.opendns.com/ and look for Cache Tools.

S!

J89wFKx.png

#61 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 01 April 2015 - 18:24

Plank your always welcome to use our TS3 @ 70.42.74.44 ..... open 24/7

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#62 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 01 April 2015 - 19:59

Following along with the discussion, but don't have too much to add as yet.

Typically, the 192.168.1.1 address is a "gateway" to the router and not usually dns, but that stuff changes, particularly as routers and such get "smarter" (following smartphone trends).

Insofar as NZ is concerned, I think (don't quote me) that IGotShot and Capt. Teddy Bear are both in NZ these days. If so, they're connecting fine on a nearly daily basis to the New Wings Wargrounds server. If they're not (in NZ), it would be good to have a few NZ'ers weigh in.

Since you've looked at your firewall ports for RoF (28xxx, at least one of which uses tcp *and* udp), I'd think you're ok there.  Another thing to look at is your startup.cfg file which also has some port / bandwidth settings in there as well (occasionally that file gets trashed during patches - keep a backup). That file might only be applicable for servers, but again, I'm not 100% sure on it, and since the obvious stuff doesn't seem to be helping, I'm including it as another checkpoint.

If I had a to hazard a guess though, I'd be starting to wonder along lines of an ISP block of some sort (white/Black listing, bandwidth, spam etc.) that may be catching those Amazon IP's. It may be worthwhile to check with their tech support regarding those specific addresses.

Other than that, nothing else obvious comes to mind apart from things you've already mentioned doing.

As Chief mentions, you can pop into New Wings Teamspeak anytime if you need a place to conduct real-time chat on the issue.

As others have also mentioned, Master Server issues are, sadly, all too common a problem, extending back over a long time now.  :icon_e_sad:  Unfortunately, there are SO many places (and ways) where it can go wrong that debugging it is often a Royal Pita.

In any case, keep after it and hope you get it fixed - we'd love to see you up and flying.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#63 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 13:10

OK chaps. I almost teared up. (OK I have almost drunk one bottle of vino (red), when in France...)

Ahem.

I am pissed off. BUT, I want to move on from that place. (grumpy Scots Kiwi, prone to bouts of WTF)

If anyone is able to read WIRESHARK network captures then I can supply my login network traffic for analysis. (!)

(I can't imagine anyone will go for that)

I got FLIGHT SIM FEVER last night and tried out WARTHUNDER. (yes I know it's not RoF)

and it worked very well, straight out of the box. so go figure. Not really my bag but...

Lipfert:

PC ----> ADSL router/switch ----> ISP    (Isp has said they block nothing)

RoF is the only thing that has had a problem on my PC. (Steam works fine, Warthunder works fine, firefox etc)

Chief: cheers.

Fourspeed: Cheers also.

Plank sat near the window and watched the urban sprawl slowly fade into golden fields with the occasional small but dense forest.

He had given up smoking decades ago but for some reason he could smell cigarette smoke, he looked up and studied the no smoking sign.

He was sure someone was smoking. He reached for his top breast pocket, which was not there and checked himself. Silly old fool.

he dozed for a bit.

The sun was blazing though the train window.

He felt the warm embrace overtaking him.

"We get Lewis guns!"

The voice startled him awake, and what the bloody hell  was that smell?

The train smelled like so many men crammed into a wooden box.

He looked up, half asleep, still groggy, back in the train.

His opposite was grinning and looking a bit pissed.

(he is going to be up on a charge before we make it to the coast)

"we get Lewis guns I said!" The man was talking loudly at him.

"Of course we do you silly man, we're not knocking them out of the sky with bloody golf balls"

The chap screwed his face up in mock farce and took a hip flask of something out of his jacket, he  held it out.

The train carriage was wobbling back and forth making a terrible racket, both chaps jammed in next to him were asleep.

"Have a snort of this you old basket!

Plank rolled his eyes and took the proffered flask from the bloody idiot.

He didn't want to come across as being too wet.

"You are bloody trouble aren't you, I hope you are not this way inclined in the air!"

Plank wiped the neck of the bottle on his sleeve and took a swig.

"Oh no, I am brilliant in the air! it's the landings that I have problems with!

The silly fellow took his flask back, took a swig  and then saluted.

"Chief, old boy, shake hands!"

He stuck his hand out and his face broke into a broad drunk grin.

"Plank, old chap, nice to meet you. Thanks for the drink"

The two men shook.

The train rattled on and the countryside slipped by.

His new friend looked out the window and by the while a different look in his face slowly appeared.

Plank noted his friends change and said nothing.

After a while he began to doze and the rhythm of the clattering train lulled him into a shallow sleep.

He heard the sound of a rotary engine buzzing in his ear, then nothing.

He awoke to someone tapping him on the shoulder.

"Are you getting off at his stop sir?, you have been asleep for a bit".

Plank looked up at the young lady who had woken him up.

"Oh I am not sure, let me check my ticket"

He looked in wallet and showed her the ticket.

"Oh you have a bit further to go, sorry to wake you"

She smiled and went on to the next row of seats.

Plank looked around and then out the window,

the fields had turned back into houses

and the muddy tracks back into sealed roads.

He could smell whiskey.

-

Captured again!

#64 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 02 April 2015 - 14:06

Landing are my favorite challenge also old bean ..... nice Plank .... an I might add refreshing against some of the conversations in these forums.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#65 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 April 2015 - 17:04

RoF is the only thing that has had a problem on my PC. (Steam works fine, Warthunder works fine, firefox etc)

Hmm - just curious - I don't have the Steam version and don't really know how it works, but a question for some of those who do - is it possible to play the F2P version of RoF via Steam or do you have to buy some of the DLC through Steam to be able to play RoF on Steam?

I was just wondering if maybe Plank could try playing RoF on Steam (since he says above that "Steam works fine"), without having to buy a bunch of content and wind up with content split between Steam and non-Steam accounts (generally a bad thing), to see if that helps shed any light on the connection problems he seems to be having.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#66 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 April 2015 - 17:15

Panther Plank has started at lest 4 maybe 5 threads on the same problem, and it's getting hard to keep track of his responses to questions if he respond at all.

Is there a way to combine the threads?  

#67 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 18:21

Yes. yes there is:

WE FIX THE PROBLEM. and stop talking about it.

-

Captured again!

#68 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 April 2015 - 18:51

Yes. yes there is:

WE FIX THE PROBLEM. and stop talking about it.

Translate please.

#69 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 19:48

Translated:

We fix the Master-Server problem and then go and have a cup of tea and talk about the weather. or shooting or tennis. or chicks.

As much as I would like to go flying in my virtual planes I cannot. and after shelling out cash money to go fly my new bunch of darlings over the channel, which I can't,  I feel somewhat brassed off.

Call me old fashioned if you like but I do think that customers do have a certain amount of sway in the situation. We pay we get. If there is a problem the business bends over backwards to support the customer.

And I have no issues starting threads. I like them and think they are cool. I may get carried away at times but then I do put back into the community with free fiction for people to read.

When this all looks untenable I will give away all my stuff. Hopefully to a good home.

any questions?

Plank. (the land lubber)

-

Captured again!

#70 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 02 April 2015 - 20:47

Give him some slack Hillbilly ... I dare say if you or I were in his boots we might just be asking the same questions. And Plank, forgive me but I forget if you've posted this already but isn't your copy of RoF a Steam copy or regular? I think you payed for it and aren't playing with the FREE copy are you? Refresh our memory on this please.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#71 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 April 2015 - 21:17

Give him some slack Hillbilly ... I dare say if you or I were in his boots we might just be asking the same questions. And Plank, forgive me but I forget if you've posted this already but isn't your copy of RoF a Steam copy or regular? I think you payed for it and aren't playing with the FREE copy are you? Refresh our memory on this please.

Chief

Actually I given him slack, but posting multiple threads on the same subject is not helping the people trying to help him, it just confuses the issue.

FYI right now I'm in the same boat as him, but mine will clear up with the weather. 

#72 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 23:05

I see.

Well all I can say is WTF. you can't log in either Mr hillbilly??? FFS.  This take the cake.

I am doing quite well helping myself actually. I have learnt a great deal in the past few days. and it's eye watering stuff I can tell you.

Mr Chief, I have the RoF UE free edition with paid for planes and map. (which I can't flipping use)

Yes I agree dividing the focus is a bit daft I agree. Damn it. this is pointless. Flip.

Gents.

-

Captured again!

#73 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:08

Well at least we all agree that a more concise focus of the problem, i.e. one thread might have been more helpful.  Out of curiosity only Hillbilly, please tell me you don't have Comcast.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#74 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:18

Well at least we all agree that a more concise focus of the problem, i.e. one thread might have been more helpful.  Out of curiosity only Hillbilly, please tell me you don't have Comcast.

Chief

LOL I have Century Link DSL, and every time it rains my speeds goes from 8mg's to about 0.25mb's. Some times I get Miss Fire,( we all know her) and some times no Miss Fire, and still get the 1&2 errors.

#75 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:21

It's not much different with Comcast. depending on how hard it rains I loose connection.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#76 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:21

Fixed. Oh now I have to wrap up all the threads. >< Plank.

-

Captured again!

#77 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:25

:) 

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#78 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:26

Fixed. Oh now I have to wrap up all the threads. >< Plank.

If you don't mind could please tell us how. And great news indeed hope to shoot at in the ROF skies. :D Happy days are here again.

#79 testid

testid

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:32

"Some poor sod is going to have to crawl the entire length of the blooming wire, dodging shrapnel, bullets, sharp splinters, very sticky mud, rabid rats etc looking for the break. and then fix it, while under fire."

|||||
|||||
+
@

Your comms valor medal, Plank.

#80 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:33

Test ID why thank you.

Salute!

Plank.