FIXED ---> Login online not working. (A bit cross)<--- FIXED

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 24 March 2015 - 18:30

----> News! Upgrading from " a bit cross" to 'bloody cross". <-----

"#2 Your connection to the master-server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection"

Well, I managed to log in here and start this thread so... yes...

Internet: Check.

(...and what boils my arse is I bought the flaming channel map, can't use it, and and now the bloody thing is on sale. 

(thunder bolts and lightning, very very frightening...))

Any ideas. Even silly ones.

More rude words here.and here and a bit more here.

Plank.

EDIT 01 Tried the "recovery" thingy in the RoF updater program. Did not fix problem.

-

Captured again!

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:11

Plank you could try flushing your DNS cache. It may not work but worth a try.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:00

OK. Thanks.

I will first have to  find out what a DNS is, and then secondly what do I flush it with?

Must RTFM ATFAM. 

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#4 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:05

Not fixed. Flushed DNS. Still get the same response. Still not able to "login online" Still can't use the new map etc etc etc.

Might try buying a cheap plane and see if that makes the thing blooming hurry up. Or two...

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#5 testid

testid

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:54

plank, dunno how helpful this may be but here's a thread from September with a bunch of users experiencing the same issue.

http://riseofflight....er-26-30/page-2

It seems kinda like the suggested resolutions are:

email support

full reinstall

and the primary cause sounds like incomplete updates. ymmv, but look over the thread and email anyway. good luck!

#6 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:15

If I had a radiator it would be a bad idea to remove the cap right now.

Will try a reinstall, damn it. I stupidly deleted the install file....

Even crosser now that I can't flay all my new planes. (Fly, I mean but heck, flay works for me too.)

I blame Warthunder... and DayZ. and Steam, DayZcommander and Play with six. (may as well bag everyone...) and god. (him/her too)

Plank. (grrr)

Not very much time later:

FFS. now I can't download the flipping file "connection has timed out". the universe is conspiring against me endlessly crashing new planes.

That tears it. de-install EVERYTHING. (I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. )

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#7 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:37

While nothing was happing at my end due to some dark internet voodoo I watched this:  http://mathworld.wol...om/Cycloid.html, while I waited for the virtual paint to dry:

I am giving up and going to make a cup of sodding tea and toast under jam. (only the toast is under the jam, not the tea)

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#8 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:47

Plank re install, recovery will not fix a internet problem.

"#2 Your connection to the master-server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection"

This happens to almost all of us from time to time. You could look up internet connection problem on the web and have a better understanding of what is going on. 

#9 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 13:34

Hillbilly, Hi.

I got 93 point 7 million (93 700 000) hit's for "internet connection problem on the web". Seems to be a common problem.

On the very same PC that can't seem to shake hands with the RoF server I can dial up this forum and write this. And this. and do this  : (

Can I ping the server? Is that doable? Hello server are you receiving me, over. Check, check, tap the microphone etc. (cue sound FX)

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#10 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 March 2015 - 13:49

Some where be twine you and the master server( the game, not the website) is buggered, the routing could change at any moment.

Sorry you are having problems and hope it resolves it's self soon. :icon_e_salute:  

#11 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 14:07

Mr Hillbilly. (you are most kind)

Some poor sod is going to have to crawl the entire length of the blooming wire, dodging shrapnel, bullets, sharp splinters, very sticky mud, rabid rats etc looking for the break.  and then fix it, while under fire.

Any volunteers?

Plank. (still bloody not flying over the sodding bloody channel  in my new sodding bloody shiny planes, bugger it)

PS. Trafficator is mad again I see.

-

Captured again!

#12 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 March 2015 - 14:33

Plank I think you have left out the Cane Toads, or do you not have the  vermin in NZ :P  

#13 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 15:07

Mr HillBilly.

We have ...politicians.... they are a kind of toad..  so I have been led to believe...

Still cannot for the love of all things holy log into the master-server thing. Still no maps planes etc. Bloody fuming. Sod it all. My Scots blood is beginning to broil... 

Next step: reinstall the sodding thing. Wish me luck...

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#14 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:19

Reinstalled. No change. Took an metric age. Not funny anymore.

I can log into the RoF website, buy stuff, get a notice sent to my email confirming sale etc

But I cannot log into the master server to actually use them.

Plank. (now quite cross)

-

Captured again!

#15 Palgolak

Palgolak
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:27

I have been waiting for weeks for the same problem to resolve itself. At least I know now not to try re-installing it.

Keep fighting the good fight!

#16 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:51

Palgolak. hi.

I am not sure what the F is going on but this is stupid. Everythng was fine then nothing. I have no idea what has happened.

There must be some kind tool to test WHERE the connection is being lost. Is it our end or their end or the middle or what.

I don't get it. I have turned off my fire wall, no antivirus running, rebooted my router, reinstalled, (that was a time consuming pain in the arse) this is just burning me.

When I first started RoF I updated it no worries, this fresh install won't do it. so yeah. I am all out. Bugs the shit out of me. can't fly the new planes, no map. Gears grrinding....

Chin up though. It could be worse I suppose....

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#17 Palgolak

Palgolak
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 19:47

That was also a good idea about pinging the servers (or maybe 'tracert'?). Too bad no one responded. 

#18 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 20:24

Hi Palgolak.

oh an IT joke. tee he hee. all their ports are closed... or something.

(I deleted the rant I just wrote. It was that acidic. Had to pull back from going too far.)

needless to say I have fruitlessly been learning a whole bunch of stuff which I will forget a soon as I send this post.

I have no idea what the fek is wrong. Ports, fire walls, etc etc,  the whole blooming lot can jolly well eff off.

Stuff a whole bunch of tracers down the pipe... see where they end up. 

Plank. (mortified)

-

Captured again!

#19 Palgolak

Palgolak
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:14

Actually, I wasn't joking.

My hope was that someone 'in the know' would provide you (and me!) with answers to your posts with some sort of way to figure out what the problem is beyond error #2 and error #1 which are, FYI,  the sort of bullsh*t error messages one might expect when dealing with home-made linux application error messages, rather than error messages from a company that considers itself 'together' enough to have the audacity to sell its product on steam at up to 50 USD. 

I have been waiting for years for a good WW1 aircraft game and I thought I had finally found it.  

i want to give them my money! Please please just make it work, dev people. I don't even care about online connectivity. Unlike Plank, I have never even gotten online. 

Just let me try flying a plane offline, for example, and I will feel like I have finally accomplished something with this software.

(Apologies for that last bit, Plank, I don't mean to hijack your thread but I am hoping, against all available evidence, that someone employed by RoF actually read these posts,)

#20 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:18

Mr Palgolak.

Please do not apologise for entering into the fray.

Wade in, the water is COLD and MISERABLE.

I have started a new thread a bit more "tangy" than this one. I felt it was warranted.

The issue is un resolved.

Palgolak. You are aware you can play the game in off line mode. (I have the United edition what I got from rise of flight.com)

when you launch the launchery thing you select the "ofline" option.

I can still do that, but then I paid to get stuff and cannot get it  >< , so I have a vested interest in getting the effing connection to work. (Damn it's eyes)

Point 1) I have yet to play online. I dread the issues I might have to sort out for that to work seamlessly.

point 2) all I want to do is AUTHORISE that which I have paid for. Planes and map. 

To wit:

I S    T H E R E     S O M E     O T H E R      W A Y     T O      D O      T H I S    ???

(F F S.)

If everything is dependant on the MASTER-SERVER talking to the CLIENT (my copy of RoF I assume) then WHERE is the TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE for this???  What is the B  PLAN?

Why are port 80 and 443 not mentioned in the launcher? How do I know if they are OPEN? What does this MEAN? What are PORTS?

(it used to work fine!) You park boats at ports.

Why does something so integral with the system get the LEAST amount of manual space?

Where is the TOOL for testing this, whatever it is issue/thing ??? 

Two pieces of string walk into a bar.

The bar keep points to a sign saying "we do not serve pieces of string"

The strings go outside, get hitched and unravel theirs ends. 

They go back into the bar.

The bar keep looks at them and says "hey aren't you two pieces of string?!"

Together they say "no we're a frayed knot"

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#21 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:56

Plank I'm not much good on such things but you might bring this up to FourSpeed over at our forums and see if he can suggest anything. He's a tech head.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#22 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 26 March 2015 - 13:08

Plank, I understand how helpless you feel, but please channel your frustration into more creative writing rather than this.

Please let us know exactly when it stopped working. What did you change between the time it still worked, and the time it didn't?

It could be something really stupid, like some malware bundled with a DayZ mod or whatever.

J5_Hellbender

#23 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 15:09

Scanned for bugs. Cean as a whistle. 

Unistalled RoF again.

Deleted my router NAT entries and firewall rules etc.

Back to square.

May try installing RoF again after I have calmed down.

P.

-

Captured again!

#24 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 26 March 2015 - 15:23

What kind of antivirus and firewall do you use?

Do you have any kind of network / game accelerator software installed?

Also, what do you mean by "scanned for bugs"?

J5_Hellbender

#25 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 15:42

Hello Mr Hellbender.

I use Malwarebytes (Mbam) or catching bugs/viri/malware etc. It seems to do the trick.

MS Win 7 firewall.

No I do not have any network / game accelerator software installed. (that stuff sounds like snake oil)

"Scanning for bugs" is a euphemism for doing a "virus scan".

I am chatting to the nice person at RoF, nothing concete so far.

I am going to bite the bullet and reinstall RoF. (this will be the 3rd time, wish me luck)

and when this is all over I will write a  story about a ghost aircraft. Or something.

Plank.

Ps. And I must admit that starting the second thread was a bit dim. my humble apologies. God I need a cup of tea.

-

Captured again!

#26 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 26 March 2015 - 16:04

No apologies needed, I hope the nice person at RoF can help you.

Just to make sure that we've covered the bleeding obvious:

• Have you tried restarting your PC? (I've worked in tech support, you'd be amazed...)

• Have you tried restarting absolutely everything connected between your PC and the internet? (that includes wifi access points, routers, switches, the cable company modem...)

• Can you resolve www.google.com and www.bbc.co.uk in your web browser? (don't read the news about the crash, it's far too depressing) Yes, okay, you're already on www.riseofflight.com, I know, but can't hurt to try anyway. DNS caching can do very strange things.

• Lastly, can you check ipconfig /all and check which DNS servers you're using? Here's how:

http://www.techsuppo...and-655357.html

Take note of them and ping them in the same command line (e.g. "ping 8.8.8.8" without the quotes to ping Google's Public DNS).

Thanks and good luck!

J5_Hellbender

#27 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 17:15

right. pc gets restarted regularly.

Yes restarted the router.

yes can resolve google and the beeb.

DNS was set to 192.168.1.1

read the instructions and tried 8.8.8.8 then pnged it and it timed out. (!)

found a whole bunch of random IP numbers and they worked fine. 

I am not a big google fan but I suspect not being able to ping them is bad.

thanks for taking the time to help. It's very knd of you.

Plank.

PS.

8.8.8.8 does not work.

208.67.222.222 does not work.

4.2.2.2 does 257ms

141.1.1.1 does 168 ms

139.130.4.5 does 39 ms

and even this:

54.75.229.34 at 342 ms...

-

Captured again!

#28 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 19:22

Attached File  the dirty fokkers.jpg   276.85KB   3 downloads

Now, I am not a genius, but by looking at this the (insert rude words here) are stopping the mail from getting through.

What is the master server IP address?

I would wager cash money that Traceroute on it's way to it won't get any further than bloody AUCKLAND.

-

Captured again!

#29 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 26 March 2015 - 20:57

right. pc gets restarted regularly.

Yes restarted the router.

yes can resolve google and the beeb.

DNS was set to 192.168.1.1

Oh, oh, wait, stop.

Your DNS is set to a local network ip in the 192.168 range? That's not good at all, my friend (unless you're running your own DNS server, which I seriously doubt).

Your DNS should be automatically provided by your ISP, or you should use a public DNS such as Google's (8.8.8.8).

Please go into Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center (or right-click on the Network icon in the taskbar) > Change adapter settings > right-click on your internet connection (likely Local Area Connection) > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties.

Then make sure that the option "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected, or that you damn well know which DNS server you need to use in Preferred DNS / Alternate DNS.

Then click OK, restart your PC and do another ipconfig /all and tell me which DNS servers are listed.

And while you're at it, try RoF again.

J5_Hellbender

#30 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:46

DNS server = 192.168.1.1 on win7  PC

DNS server = 192.168.1.1 on XP     Laptop.

-

Captured again!

#31 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:07

Oh, oh, wait, stop.

Your DNS is set to a local network ip in the 192.168 range? That's not good at all, my friend (unless you're running your own DNS server, which I seriously doubt).

Your DNS should be automatically provided by your ISP, or you should use a public DNS such as Google's (8.8.8.8).

Please go into Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center (or right-click on the Network icon in the taskbar) > Change adapter settings > right-click on your internet connection (likely Local Area Connection) > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties.

Then make sure that the option "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected, or that you damn well know which DNS server you need to use in Preferred DNS / Alternate DNS.

Then click OK, restart your PC and do another ipconfig /all and tell me which DNS servers are listed.

And while you're at it, try RoF again.

DNS server = 192.168.1.1

Do I start crying now?

Hey Hellbender - I got curious and ran that ipconfig /all you mentioned, and lo and behold it reported my DNS server was an internal/private IP address just like Plank is seeing. (I'm not having any problems connecting, like Plank is).   It looks to me like that's the internal/private IP address for my ISP-connected router, which seems right since I guess that's where my PC is getting its DNS from - the real question would seem to be where my (and Plank's) router is getting its DNS from.

I haven't tried figuring that out yet - just wanted to note that seeing that 192.168.x.x IP address for DNS from your PC in the results from ipconfig /all may not be the problem.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#32 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:36

Hello  Panthercules. 

Thanks for mucking in. It's all greek to me.

I ran wireshark while hitting the login button.

Came up with all sorts of stuff. Loads of it.

No idea what is means but heck, if you like network train spotting this is the notebook from hell. (anorak compulsory)

then thought of writing down every IP address that wireshark recorded and then ping them. To see what happened.

Then I thought better of it and went to bed. It was very late.

-

Captured again!

#33 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:01

Hey Plank - when you wake up and try again, one thing you might try.  Coincidentally (?) when I went in to the game to check something in MP just now I got my first Error #2 connection problem in a long time.  But just for a lark I clicked on the login button/item again right after that, and it started right up.  

No clue why that happened or why that worked, but have you tried that before or have you just given up and shut the game down when you got that error message?   If the latter, you may want to try it a few times in a row before you give up.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#34 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:08

I am not awake yet.

Asleep, chasing cloud dragons made of ip addresses that constantly keep changing in a biplane made from meccano and string.

I never thought to keep pushing the button. Damn I bet that works. Yawn.... god. I'm alive. How did that happen?

Blood tea level is on the blink again.

-

Captured again!

#35 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:08

Hey Hellbender - just for grins I went into my network adapter properties as you indicated and manually set my DNS server to .8.8.8.8, then restarted my PC.  This time, running ipconfig /all shows my DNS server as 8.8.8.8 rather than my internal router IP address like it did before (when my adapter properties were setup to get the DNS server automatically).

So, Plank, maybe it's worth giving that a try (setting DNS address manually in the properties screen and then rebooting).

#36 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:11

Then again, this may not be the best time to be trying anything, if they're actually working on the master server as stated/speculated in this other thread:

http://riseofflight....unable-connect/

and announced in this thread:

http://riseofflight....nce-march-26th/

#37 Palgolak

Palgolak
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:14

Thanks for your comments, Plank, but as I have never made it online I don't have the option of starting offline. 

#38 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:19

Back again.

No, mashing the login button ends the same way. errors.

So they are still fixing the server? is that confirmed or speculation.

My ping to riseofflight.com is 320ms. If RoF has a low threshold for the time it takes to get stuff back from the Master-Server

is it possible that it is premeptivly aborting and creating an error state because it's taking too long to get stuff? Even though it's just

a slow connection. Those carrier pigeons have a long way to fly...

-

Captured again!

#39 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:23

Mr Palgolak,  I feel your pain. I am sorry. It's very BLOODY annoying.

I was able to play offline because my RoF install had been "authorised" before all this went tits up.

However after reinstalling it and not being able to "authorise" it I am now in your position.

We are in the same plane stuck on the ground with no fuel.

I should of not reinstalled, I could have been chasing DR1's in my N.17 GBR. across inspiration island. (it loads faster)

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#40 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:39

It would be far cheaper in the long run (for me) , at this juncture, to build a model balsa N.I7 that has no network adapters and then climb up a tall hill and launch it using some kind of catapult and then watch it ascend to the heavens and away into the clouds. and and and.

and the remainder of the money I have spent so far might include a packet  of woodbines and a bottle of brandy, after paying for the plans, balsa and rubber band. and also the bicycle toll road, It comes with complimentary cups of tea and a very heart warming smile from the chirpy curly blonde lady who looks like a librarian and is quite interested in aerodynamics, picnics, bicycles and comfortable shoes. and nice views from hills that are not too far away and don't get too sunny. gasp. Putting the kettle back on again...

-

Captured again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users