Photo
- - - - -

Ace Pack on steam unable access content?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:53

I have been asking this question on steam and they have consistently redirected me here. I downloaded and confirmed with ROF that my DLC for the ace pack has been activated, but the content of this DLC does not show up when playing the game. The content for this DLC is Field Modifications for planes, Weapon Modifications for planes and  2 Personalization packs.. None of this content is accessible, although Steam and ROF both agree that it has been activated.

It has also been suggested to me to log off and then back on the game, but this feature does not seem to be available as it once was before. I was also told on the steam forum that by simply quitting the game i am logging off. Is this true? This has become ridiculously frustrating. If I am at fault for some reason please let me know, I only want to help my son get what he payed for.

#2 PailofDope

PailofDope
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:04

I read your steam post yesterday.... I'm waiting for a response from Support and just posted on the forum about it (cos I'm starting to get impatient). Did you try updating from the launcher screen ? Personalization packs are now free(if I understand that right) so they may appear if you update. Sorry I'm no expert. Good luck though.

#3 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:28

Thank You for the quick response PailofDope. My settings on steam indicate that this game should automatically update, I tried changing the setting to update when lauching game then relaunched game but same result. by the launch screen i assume you mean where i press play on steam? The game itself does not seem to have a place to search for updates. Thanks for commiserating with me.

#4 PailofDope

PailofDope
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:02

When you click play it doesn't bring up a small window with close up pic of plane with News,etc & down the bottom buttons with Start, Update,Ok & cancel ? I have added ROF to steam as non steam game so it may be different.(I tried to take screenshot of it but it doesn't want to do it - I guess cos its outside the browser).There must be a manual update option for you somewhere....

#5 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 06 March 2015 - 23:46

Hi PailofDope, I have the Steam version. Are you 71st_AH_Mastiff on the Steam forum, he asked me the same question?

#6 PailofDope

PailofDope
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:53

No I don't usually post on forums ('cept recently) I'm "SCARED HORSEY" on a shared family account on Steam (sometimes the kids are using it). :icon_e_salute:

#7 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:58

Oh, I see, I guess the other gentleman from steam thought my issue was exclusive to the steam version. My version does not have the launcher window that you described. But there is a setting on steam that is settable to keep updated automatically. But to be quite honest I'm not sure if it is fully updated. I'll have to continue emailing ROF. Thanks for your input, it's greatly appreciated.

#8 PailofDope

PailofDope
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:45

Hey did you try "verify game cache" (I should have thought that before.Derr.) That is Steams only fix everything tool....

#9 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 10 March 2015 - 13:50

Hi PailofDope, I feel like a dope, it's been explained to me that I do indeed have the content. I was misinformed I thought I would be able to change plane schemes with the Ace Pack. This was not true. I would like to know if is at all possible to do this with any of the other DLCs, or can I make custom skins, on the Steam version of this game? Thanks for your assistance and patience.

#10 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:34

You can change appearance of planes by downloading and installing skin packs... the skins  site is being reconstructed (I hope!) after migration to new forum, but I think Panthercules has made a temporary site with downloads. These are free to use.

To make things completly clear, the Ace Pack lets you:
1) Select coloured scarf for your pilot, coloured streamers and pistol (like Colt  1911) for every plane you fly. Without Ace pack, you can only select white scarf and sometimes blue streamer.

2015_3_10__17_21_41.jpg

2) Lets you choose field mods and weapon mods for planes that came with basic Channel Battles edition (Fokker Dr.I / D.VII, Albatros D.Va, Pfalz D.XII, Sopwith Camel, S.E.5.a, Spad 13, Nieuport 28...) . For instance, you need Ace Pack to select bullet counter for Fokker Dr.I.

2015_3_10__17_21_22.jpg

3). You can always select skins you installed from official skinpacks, they are free.
2015_3_10__17_21_28.jpg

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#11 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:40

Thank you Trupobaw! Very helpful and greatly appreciated. I apologize for my ignorance. As I have stated earlier on other posts, I am trying to help my special needs child with this so I'm learning as I go along.

#12 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:42

Just curious though are the skin packs usable with steam version of ROF?

#13 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:35

Yes they are, just point the installer to folder where steam RoF is installed. Some players, myself included, observed that installing skinpacks stops progress of steam archivements (not that they are any useful).

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#14 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 11 March 2015 - 20:05

Oh great! That's good to know, I'll explain that to my son. So will the achievements he has already earned disappear or just future?

#15 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:24

Hi Trupobaw, just wanted to let you know I downloaded the skin pack and installed it, took a little finagleing, but it works! Nice to see that smile on my son's face. Thanks again for all your help.

#16 WingWarper

WingWarper

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:25

And you too PailofDope! Thank you:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users