- - - - -

New Rise of Flight website launched!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 27 February 2015 - 13:29

Dear pilots!

We welcome you to the new and improved Rise of Flight website! We’ve done quite a lot of work in all directions - from complete replacement of the technology to all new graphical style - to make the site more convenient, easy and enjoyable for you. At the same time all you profiles have been kept in tact, so be sure that your old credentials are working here as always.

The new free-to-play version, Rise of Flight: United Edition is at last much more accessible now, and can easily be found on the main page. So if you decide to offer your friends to try out ROF, simply lead them to riseofflight.com, they won’t miss the right button. And now a few words about the store that received quite a lot of positive changes.

Firstly, we’ve added the long awaited virtual shopping cart. From now on you can put in it as many items as you can and, of course, get a discount depending on how many of them you’re buying.

newsite_2.jpg

Secondly, starting today we’re removing the border between field and weapon modifications. That old system was not particularly convenient, so we gathered all mods in packs for each plane. Furthermore, everyone who had only one type of modification on a plane gets the other one for free.

St.Mihiel campaign is now available for free. Vander, thank you again for this generous and kind decision.

To celebrate the launch of the new site and store we’re sending personalization packs as gifts to everyone. These are not just fancy attributes but an essential part of WWI combat aviation history as well, and we believe we should share them with the community more widely than just by selling these items. Also, field modifications for Focker E.III and Airco DH.2 are available for free from now on too.

newsite_4.jpg

Note that some prices on planes have been reduced slightly. For instance, $6.25 price tag turns into $5.99, which is nothing like a drastic change but still this saves you a penny or two. Rise of Flight forum has changed completely. At the same time we moved as much of the previously created forum content to the new forum engine as possible and established new and perspective boards for all WWI aviation fans and ROF players for many years to come. While moving the only content that left untransferred was polls and user pics. So let’s settle in already and upload new images. Speaking of the looks of the forum - we’re planning to change its skin to make it adequate to overall website style, game interface and the old colors you’re all used to. Please, pay no attention to the current forum skin - it’s a temporary solution because just like you we’re still getting used to ROF’s new home.

Enjoy the housewarming everyone! We believe that the new home will be kind and hospitable to both old friends and new pilots.

#2 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:19

Nice job on the site, guys, and thanks for the free mods for the E3 and DH2.  In videos on the main page you don't have Reflected's "Flags and Lies" trailer.   I don't know how copyright works but I watched that most when considering getting into ROF - it really makes the game look cool.

<><

LP

#3 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:39

Congrats!

Zak, have to be looking at the wrong places but where is the "Usefull stuff" download page now?

Like you mention somewhere that the Vanderstock Campaign can be downloaded for free now ...

#4 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:50

Thanks Kelp! We're uploading all the useful stuff to a more troubleproof hosting. And the St.Mihel should be already available in the game interface.

#5 oneeyeddog

oneeyeddog

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:52

Thanks for your continuing efforts.

#6 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 16:53

Very nice Zak .... thanks to you and the team for their hard works ...

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#7 -VR-Stele

-VR-Stele

Posted 27 February 2015 - 16:58

Thanks for still being active with ROF.

#8 BlueHeron

BlueHeron

Posted 27 February 2015 - 17:16

Site looks great, well done!

#9 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:02

Thanks Kelp! We're uploading all the useful stuff to a more troubleproof hosting. And the St.Mihel should be already available in the game interface.

Thanks Zak!

Keep the good work up dear Devs :0)

#10 SYN_Blackrat

SYN_Blackrat

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:06

I like what you did with the old place, web site looks very updated :icon_e_smile:

#11 Blooddawn1942

Blooddawn1942
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:15

Nice update to the webside and forum. I prefer the new look, splendid so far!

And all in all I very much love to see that RoF gets love and attention again.:)

Now lets hope, that we may see some new content arriving at some uncertain point in the future. :)

MALAULA!!!

Outgunned, outnumbered though never outclassed!

Wyrd bid ful araed...

#12 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:55

Thanks Zak looks like y'all put in along shift to get this done :icon_e_salute:

#13 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:01

Will you be adding the Useful Material page back?

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#14 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:26

Doesn't look like you can change user name anymore.

#15 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:41

It looks so bland now... and the controls seem more complicated/glitchy.

Couldn't changes have been made without altering the core feel of the website?

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#16 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:48

About time the site had a facelift... well done 777 :)

#17 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:55

At the same time we moved as much of the previously created forum content to the new forum engine as possible and established new and perspective boards for all WWI aviation fans and ROF players for many years to come. While moving the only content that left untransferred was polls and user pics. 

Does that mean the old private messages are accessible somewhere? My mailboxes are empty, and I was using these to keep information.

Also, I don't see the demo upgrades in the store. Are they no longer in sale? Will old gift / retail codes for them be working? 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#18 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 27 February 2015 - 20:38

I like the new look, and goodness knows it's long since time a Cart function was needed for the store, so kudos! :)

One item of concern for server accounts -- Where is the section to manage remote bans?  (It used to be in  Profile -> ban).

That is an issue because it means there is no way to ban a misbehaving player unless you actually catch them in real

time in-game -- that's a significant problem (imho)

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

PS>  : icon_e_salute : is  *too* long to type...  :S!:  is much more convenient for something used so often - any chance for a change there? 

PPS> Unless, I've missed seeing it somewhere, a button to go to the main RoF site from the forums would be handy too...

Edit: DOH! I did miss it - That BIG   "Rise of Flight" title at the top is actually a link -- tricky... :icon_e_biggrin:

#19 Mertons

Mertons
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 February 2015 - 21:02

I like the changes, although I'll miss the "oldie look". Now just waiting for the "usefull materials" is back to go on with skins and mission editor lessons (yes, i'm the nerdy one learning the ME  :icon_e_deadman: )

:icon_e_salute:

#20 The_Pain_Sherrif

The_Pain_Sherrif
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 27 February 2015 - 22:33

It's exciting to have the website open again and thanks for the Personalization pack! I'm glad I didn't decide to buy any of them at the last sale.  :icon_lol:

Speaking of which, is the occasional sale still to be expected at the RoF store?

Thanks again, guys.

"It's 'mazing how much luck has to do with being, uh, lucky."

#21 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 27 February 2015 - 22:35

Yes, thanks for the freebies.

A bit premature....haven't made it to my hangar yet.

#22 Magpai

Magpai

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:01

Mmmmm....okay. Very clean, simple, unencumbered format. Easy to get down to business without distraction. I like it.

#23 Retro-Burn

Retro-Burn
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:23

Nice Job.

#24 J5_Vorlander

J5_Vorlander

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:03

Nice update Zak.

Any news on ROF roadmap for the current year?

THANX

#25 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:21

I like the new design.

#26 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:25

Very nice work on the new site, it is a step in the right direction I think, I will miss the 'active topics' and some other things will be a while getting used to though.  Progress has it's casualties:)

One word though, myself and probably a lot of other members have unused gift codes, I can't find a way to access them.

Cheers

Rod

One week on and still no clue where my gift codes can be found.  Have they disappeared? 

Vitae elit Brevior

#27 Papa_HUN

Papa_HUN

Posted 28 February 2015 - 15:53

The new website and the new forum are wonderful, congratulations! Can you adding the earlier news from the old site? I hope so! :icon_e_smile:

riseofflight.hu

#28 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 01 March 2015 - 13:09

I t looks like you need to purchase something from the store in order to access the freebies. Since the EIII and DH2 mods are the only thing I dont have I'll have to wait until a new bird is released.

#29 P.A.vonAdler

P.A.vonAdler
  • LocationPrague

Posted 01 March 2015 - 14:54

... Also, field modifications for Focker E.III and Airco DH.2 are available for free from now on too. ...

Good news for me, I have bought both the planes (without mods) since December 2012.
I can see DH2 mods in the store as it is shown in the first picture below. I have this mod.

ROF_01B_zpsrom3rzll.jpg

But ...
This is what I see in my profile - I don't have this mod.

ROF_02B_zpsiiwsepka.jpg

This is what I see in the game - the modifications are not available.

ROF_03B_zpsd8zjxmsf.jpg

It is the same with Fokker E III. Could anyone advise me how can I activate these free modifications please?

#30 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 01 March 2015 - 18:11

See above post.

#31 P.A.vonAdler

P.A.vonAdler
  • LocationPrague

Posted 01 March 2015 - 21:04

See above post.

I read your post above, of course. But it is your estimation there, isn't it? If you are right, then the labels "FREE" and "You have" in the store would be little bit funny. :)

#32 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 01 March 2015 - 21:49

They are free but I think u have to purchase something else then add them to ur cart.

#33 bp

bp

Posted 02 March 2015 - 00:50

Nice work on the site.

:drinks:

#34 TheBlackPenguin

TheBlackPenguin

Posted 02 March 2015 - 00:58

Nice looking site :)

#35 Biggles244

Biggles244

Posted 03 March 2015 - 18:35

Just to let you know, I still haven't received the free mods yet.

Cheers, Biggles 244

#36 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:41

They are free but I think u have to purchase something else then add them to ur cart.

Eh, no. If they aren't showing up for you, send an email to customer support. The appropriate information to do this can be found on the Support page.

#37 Biggles244

Biggles244

Posted 04 March 2015 - 14:40

I  have done that, but still nothing

#38 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 21:22

Hey guys,

My gift list still has a number of planes that I purchased on it and I have no idea how to access it anymore in order to give those planes to people, does anyone know how we check our list in this new format?

Cheers

Rod

Vitae elit Brevior

#39 Fazer

Fazer

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:59

Hey guys,

My gift list still has a number of planes that I purchased on it and I have no idea how to access it anymore in order to give those planes to people, does anyone know how we check our list in this new format?

Cheers

Rod

O_Rod, You are not alone, unfortunately. See here:

http://riseofflight....account-issues/

Hope they fix this soon, still no reply to my ticket. Anyone else lost the gift codes? Please chime in.

:icon_e_salute:

Fazer.

#40 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 06 March 2015 - 17:59

Will you be adding the Useful Material page back?

Chief

Useful Materials page is back up, more or less (still somewhat WIP) - See here:  http://riseofflight....official-links/

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users