Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

D.Va stats... anyone else see a problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

#521 FragelGT_

FragelGT_

Posted 15 April 2015 - 16:27

Albatroses D.Va could not deliver this  quality advantage while Germans were still outnumbered, hence cry for better planes. Does not mean that German planes were inferior on one to one basis.

If only they had the "RoF" version of the Albatross D.Va.  This version of the Alb D.V is outstanding! It has speed, rate of fire second to none, better armor plating then any of the allied crates have, with exception of the Fokker Dr.1 and its "gliding" capability, is unmatched even by the best purpose built glider built today! How many other RoF crates (maybe except for the Fokker D7/F's) can GLIDE from enemy drome at 1200m  back to home drome, even having to slide slip to bleed off speed, so as not to overshoot the home drome? Pretty good for an aircraft with two wings, struts, guide wires, big heavy engine and a pilot full of bratwurst and beer, all contributing to drag and don't forget, a base weight of 1300+ pounds!

#522 J2_VonGraff

J2_VonGraff
  • LocationCenter of the Universe

Posted 15 April 2015 - 16:44

You should have no grunts left..........since you are so disgruntled. If only that were true.

V-Graff

'Flight leader, fuel check - I have "E" gallons sir.'

j2-graff-signature-e1425051735579.jpg

#523 A.Challenge

A.Challenge
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 15 April 2015 - 17:42

Thank you, VonGraff, I needed that.

campribV.png

#524 kimmy_yeager

kimmy_yeager

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:24

"Sopwith Pup and Sopwith Camel - high angle attack from above and either behind or to the face can be performed almost with impunity. Technically they are both outperformed by Albatros. SE should be attacked the same way, but the plane is very dangerous, it's match for Albatros and at high altitudes even outperforms it. It usually attacks from behind. The Spad with 140HP engine is inferior to Albatros, let alone Fokker. The Spad with stronger engine is superior to Albatros in climb and maneuvrability. The newest triplane - you know, with all plates equal length - is very maneuvrable and withstands steepest dives, but is no better than Albatros. Nieuport is very maneuvrable, can run away from you by diving, but in every other respect is inferior to Albatros."

Does not sound like a glowing review to me.  Of the 6 planes mentioned only ONE is considered 'inferior':  Spad 7 (I think).

All the other are at the LEAST on the same level OR BETTER than the DVa.  The SE5a is mentioned specifically as a threat.... as is the Nieuport (28??).  The RoF N-28 is a horrific plane to fly.

The DVa vs a Camel and Pup is a no brainer... BnZ them  ('high angle attack from above and either behind or to the face can be performed almost with impunity.')

Neither the Pup or Camel will *EVER* catch a DVa.. let alone one with a height advantage or diving away.

A DVa should not be out turning a Pup or Camel or SE5a, and should not be diving away form a Tripe of N28 (I think that's the one they are mentioning)

And again, RoF is NOT a historical flight sim.  Nope.  It has planes that look like WWI fighters.. but that's about it. 

Since it IS a game balanace HAS to be put higher up on the list.  No one plays maps that don't have thier favorite planes, or is at a huge disadvantage N17 v DVa's??? Really????

For the last few weeks the dogfight servers have been barren, most are on 'realism' servers as the game is now little more than DVa boom and zoom sessions... with a few SPAD drivers running away (to live another day... oh brother.. .its a GAME).

#525 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:29

This thread is a train wreck.  Caps lock shouting, wild exaggerations, and all manner of pseudo-reasoning accomplish nothing, and belie this surprising state of affairs: we all agree on the D.Va!

The D.Va turn-rate should not have been increased with the FM adjustments.  Old FM issues persist: its stall is too gentle and it rolls too well.

Done. :icon_cool:

#526 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 19 April 2015 - 13:57

Should have agreed with what gav said (especially the part where we all agree with what needs to be done with D.Va) and leave this thread behind, but... most answers to kimmy's remarks boil down to this part:

Adam and Wushoff re-familiarising Lothar for Richthoffen with British planes performance in September 1917, 

Checking out where JG1 were stationed in September 1917, what planes were they flying, what air services opposed them and what planes were they flying - you'll get most of answers there. For instance, Albatros they were discussing was not D.Va.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#527 kimmy_yeager

kimmy_yeager

Posted 19 April 2015 - 17:03

It was a quote included in one of  your post, Mr. Paw, stating the 'albatross' was a GOOD plane... so I took 'albatross' to mean DVa.  I can't find the original author (nor did I look very hard).

As for caps, if you are OFFENDED BY ALL CAPS then so be it.  Its the easist way to EMPHASIZE a word.  If I find the twit that started the 'yelling' thing I will slap them with a picked herring. 

The good thing, after 500+ posts, is that we all seem to agree that the DVa has a problem.. its just a matter of the degree it affects the game.  

Server OPs need to step up and make a change that give the allies a reson to fly.

#528 J2_VonGraff

J2_VonGraff

Posted 19 April 2015 - 21:18

after 500+ posts, is that we all seem to agree that the DVa has a problem.. its just a matter of the degree it affects the game

Naw....it pretty much just illustrates that Kimmy will simply keep bumping a worn out thread up, even after it dies out, over and over again, if for nothing else to exaggerate the issue. :D

V-Graff

Ps> But ok....guess it gives em' something to do.

#529 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 April 2015 - 23:08

Server OPs need to step up and make a change that give the allies a reson to fly.

kimmy, if you can't win flying Entente, then you just suck at this game.  Learn how to fly the Spad.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#530 FragelGT_

FragelGT_

Posted 19 April 2015 - 23:26

after 500+ posts, is that we all seem to agree that the DVa has a problem.. its just a matter of the degree it affects the game

Naw....it pretty much just illustrates that Kimmy will simply keep bumping a worn out thread up, even after it dies out, over and over again, if for nothing else to exaggerate the issue. :D

V-Graff

Ps> But ok....guess it gives em' something to do.

Pot callin Kettle Black... you could have easily just ignored his post and left it alone... your no better then the individual your calling out...typical response from the RoF FORUM POSSE. 

:icon_e_salute:

#531 J2_VonGraff

J2_VonGraff

Posted 19 April 2015 - 23:58

Pot callin Kettle Black... you could have easily just ignored his post and left it alone..

A good point I must say. :) Couldn't help myself. Woops! I just did it again!

V-Graff

#532 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 20 April 2015 - 00:04

Pot callin Kettle Black... you could have easily just ignored his post and left it alone... your no better then the individual your calling out...typical response from the RoF FORUM POSSE. 

Not exactly, Von Graff was responding to today's ongoing discussion, while kimmy repeatedly comes to this thread few days after it dies, to revive it with the same arguments. 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#533 FragelGT_

FragelGT_

Posted 20 April 2015 - 00:19

Not exactly, Von Graff was responding to today's ongoing discussion, while kimmy repeatedly comes to this thread few days after it dies, to revive it with the same arguments. 

And you two need to just leave it...stop posting AND IT WILL DIE! Because Kimmy posted you need to act like, the elementary school ground BULLY and continue to harass him... come on guys... STOP REPLYING and IT WILL DIE... ALREADY!!!

#534 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 20 April 2015 - 00:21

Yeah, it's the people who respond to the idiot that are the real problem, not the idiot who starts it.   :rolleyes:

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#535 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 April 2015 - 00:34

This thread appears to have run its course.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users