I have been posting rarely on the rig forum recently because I had to take a break from online flying after almost 13 years of doing so.
While I have my personal thoughts about recent changes dedicated to fms, I would like to say something different. I mean it is all about team flying and tactics. During the last two years Entente units reduced their numbers while Central units are better organized and more numerous. This was shown during the Bloody April IV tournament from the 2014 where Entente suffered a huge loss. Well, a real Bloody April. The numbers were low, many experienced pilots were absent and that made the difference.
Put the 2:1 or 3:1 Entente advsntage, start flying as units, keep together and the results will change.
Personally I hate when my pilots check the plane rosters and start to analyze too much
For me there is a mission to be flown and I have to combine tactics with the front situation and the plane I fly. The key is to cooperate and use flexible tactics.
Central Powers planes were generally easier to fly. Besides that, the di look attractive in game because of tons of fantastic schemes. The Red Baron legend did its job as well. So, for me it is pretty normal that this side will have more pilots every time I enter the server. And that's a side many new pilots will select. Because those planes are stable gun platforms, they are quite easy to fly and they look good
If there were more good Entente squads online nowadays, even those changes would not be visible that much. That's my opinion.
And if we are talking about fms.
Rof was originally planned to start from the mid 1917 and contain mid and late war planes. That's why there is Alb D.iii oaw, Pfalz D.iiia. After the release the community asked for early planes and they got them. But that caused some gaps in the plane set too.
Going back to the fm changes
- I like the idea to make Alb DVa faster
- Having it, I would also like to have an early D.V version with reduced speed.
- Reducing Camel and Dr.I speeds vy reducing their rpms was not wise and was the quickest way to tune them down
- iam happy with faster Pfalz and on the other side I would also like to have original d.iii with different h-stab and guns hidden in the fuselage which was slower.
- Some say that Halb cl.ii is under performing. Well both Halb and DFW are carrying way too much bombload, especially Halb which should usually take about 25-50 kgs of bombs and grenades, NOT 150 or 200 kgs
Ps: We at 1PL used to fly Centrals in the old RB3d days
We would love to do it here too, but when we enter the Entente side is usually at lower numbers so we have to balance the sudes.
And even flying a CP plane you have to be cautious because a plane is only an addition to the pilot.