The patch is out about a month.. lets look at some stats:

Plane, time flown, sorties, score, air kills

Albatros D.Va 478:21 2071 46417 657

The next 4 planes (top five)

SPAD 13.C1 230:02 1231 21079 336
Sopwith Camel 222:46 1331 17667 377
Fokker Dr.I 213:12 1012 16154 452
Gotha G.V 67:26 323 15041 51

The GOTHA is rated #5 due to ground kills.

The D7F, the Germans best plane of the war is #10

Fokker D.VIIF 93:29 366 7651 153

Yet the people who say 'they know about WWI' post that the latest patch finally made the game 'more accurate'.

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:15

NO
And what is your point?

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:28

S!

Again my ignorance knows no bounds.

Stats from where?

sig9.png

#4 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:43

What's the problem with the stats, kimmy?

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#5 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:59

D.Va is free and easier to handle than Spad 13. So?

Sorties per victories Dr.I = 2.24 D.VIIF = 2.39 D.Va = 3.15 Camel = 3.53 Spad 13 = 3.66

#6 closed_accont

closed_accont

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:05

he suggests everybody is flying Alb DVa now because it's became too good after the changes…
and most players are flying SPADs to try to survive Central unbalance planes power…

I agree with that, but we must consider that Alb DVa and Spad XIII are almost always available to fly and everyone has it…

and DVIIF is rare available, luck for allied lovers because after the downgrade of Camel, it became more valuable…

#7 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:10

Camel is still beating the D.Va

Albatros D.Va

KillBoard
Opponent Albatros D.Va ‑ won Albatros D.Va ‑ lost WL
Sopwith Camel 93 105 0.9

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#8 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:25

Personally I STILL fly the Albs after all these years as my main aircraft, Yes, even before the patch when their speeds were just plain wrong relative to other key entente craft …. ie: the Camel. Our squad, Jasta 2, mostly flies them Largely due to the fact that historically Albs were used by Jasta Boelcke.

Myself and most of the othe Alb pilots have finally gotten something that should've been corrected years ago. However I still think that other flight models should still be looked including the Sopwith Tripe whose FM was one of the best in game before patch.

#9 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:47

November, one month pre-patch (http://stats.newwing...tour/27/planes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stats.newwing...tour/27/planes/)

5. Pfalz D.IIIa 179:16 799 12152 230 74 225 4.7 1.0 1.4 0.3 1.3 12.2% 0%

February, one month post-patch (http://stats.newwing...tour/30/planes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stats.newwing...tour/30/planes/)

19. Pfalz D.IIIa 58:19 301 2966 69 20 129 3.2 0.5 0.8 0.2 1.2 14.4% 0%

For the record, Albatros D.Va went from 6th to 1st.

#10 closed_accont

closed_accont

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:22

I belive the major part of it is the airplane set available on missions…
of course I know it is a hard work and probably takes enormous amounts of time of admins at mission builder.

but we have to consider N11 against DVas and that false "dicotomy" Camel x DR1 plays against those ask for real thing.

some maps with Camels without DR1 presence will bring some interesting match (and real ones)

I understand that they put more planes available is in favour to community to make it able to less planes owners… but I true belive this is the key to get a balance to this game and make it more fun at least.
suggestions:
Alb DII (late) x N17 / Struther
AlbDIII / DVa x Camel / Dolphin
Fokker DVIIF / DVIII x SPAD XIII / SE5
AlbDIII / PDIIIa x Tripe / Pup

I'm quite sure others around this forum are better than myself to list the best matchups!

#11 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 19 February 2015 - 22:11

Lies, damn lies, and…

Kimmy - where do these numbers come from? All servers? To me it makes a difference as different servers have different play-styles, different plane-sets and different players.

PS Before I get into a row, I'm not calling you a liar, just quoting a well-worn phrase about statistics and their miss-use.

#12 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 19 February 2015 - 23:41

Kimmy - where do these numbers come from? All servers? To me it makes a difference as different servers have different play-styles, different plane-sets and different players.

Those stats were for NewWings Wargrounds

This is for Syndicate: http://www.stats.syn...ron.org/planes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stats.syn...ron.org/planes/

And for Aces Fallings: http://aces-falling.co.uk/planes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://aces-falling.co.uk/planes/

J5_Hellbender

#13 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 20 February 2015 - 00:09

If I'm not mistaken, DVa is available on just about every map in Wargrounds. The others on your list? no.

Also note that the list here is based on points. Since wargrounds changed their scoring formula a while back, most of those points were scored by strafing ground targets.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#14 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 20 February 2015 - 00:11

All kimmy demonstrated here is that his understanding of statistics is on the same level as your average 5 yr old.

Free Plank!

#15 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 00:57

D.Va is available on most Wargrounds maps. D.VIIF, just on few (and then you need photo recon to get it). Count D.Vas flown over maps where D.7F is available.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#16 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:12

Unless you're confusing the D7f with the D7(which NOBODY flies in RoF), I don't even think that many D7f's saw service as they had a shortage of the IIIa engines to fill them.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#17 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:39

Unless you're confusing the D7f with the D7(which NOBODY flies in RoF), I don't even think that many D7f's saw service as they had a shortage of the IIIa engines to fill them.

Poppycock.

Shortage is relative. Not as many as they would have liked, but last time we had this discussion the estimate was about 900 D.VIIs with the BMW engine.

#18 CGardner99

CGardner99

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:40

The problem is that the new flight models endows the Albatros Dva and Dlll with powers of maneuverability they never had. They retain energy like a tick stuck to a dogs ear. Remember the Albatros DVa is a heavy plane (40 kg > SE5a and 95 kg > Spad Xlll) and its control harmony is one of the worst (roll was slow and heavy, pitch was light and rudder was ineffective ) which would make it the complete opposite of what it is in game. The SE5a has a better power loading and wing loading and the best control harmony of any WWI scout, but you never would guess that flying the two. In game, with them loaded equally the DVA will eat its lunch in turn circle and energy maneuvering. How is the DVa able to defy the laws of psychics, well only 777 can answer that. But without a doubt the Alb Dlll and DVa are over modeled in their performance save 1, top speed (777 still doesn't have this right). I dont understand 777 solution of castrating the most lethal scout (Camel) when all it needed do was increase the speed of the Albs the Dlll to 179kmph(111mph S/L)and the Dva to 185kmph(115 mph S/L) and leave the climb alone as these should of been fairly accurate and reduce the speed of the Camel to 177kmph(110 mph S/L). But 777 choose to reduce the Sopwith Scouts across the board, reducing their engine rpms to a amount that makes no sense and historically inaccurate. The 130 hp Clerget 9B turns 1250 rpm end of story. The current Camel engine turns at 1100 rpm which equates to approx. 95 hp,speed and time to climbs will bear this out. I understand something had to be done but to ruin the Sopwith Scouts and boost the Albs across the board just traded one hypocrisy for a even bigger one. Sure the Albatros community is overjoyed, but make no mistake what you are flying is not what it should be and what you are flying against is a shell of what it should be.

#19 FragelGT_

FragelGT_

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:43

^^ X 1… good post! Seems that there's more then just me that understands what has happened…

They whined about the "glass" engine on the Se5a, then the fix… yes the "glass" engine was "fixed" but then, the performance was neutered ( a different group of whiners cried foul over the Se's rate of climb) almost seems that a minor fix cannot be accomplished without taking a huge piece of the pie and leaving crumbs for the others.

#20 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:45

Poppycock.

Shortage is relative. Not as many as they would have liked, but last time we had this discussion the estimate was about 900 D.VIIs with the BMW engine.

Beginning October 30, 1918, as part of the demobilization of Germany, BMW was shut down. By that time, of the total of 3,100 BMW IIIa engines that had been ordered, only 591 had actually been produced
-Ernie Buehl

Are you suggesting that they had more D7's with the IIIa engines than were IIIa engines made?

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#21 FragelGT_

FragelGT_

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:56

"900 D.VIIs with the BMW engine" vs "only 591 had actually been produced"

Like most of the "poppycock.", these ppl have been pedalling, lots of info taken out of context… pieced together… facts omitted for their gain. Anyone that disagrees or proves otherwise… well we all see happens.

#22 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:19

Score, hours and sorties isn't very precise, since it has a lot to do with plane availability. Kill/Death ratio is better.

Won/Lost ratio is even more accurate, as it counts victories regardless of survival.

So here we are:

W/L ratio changes between November (before 1.034) and February (after 1.034)

W/L ratio above 1.0 in green, below 1.0 in red. Positive changes in green, negative changes in red.

Central:

Fokker D.VIIF: 1.2 to 2.4 (+1.2)

Fokker Dr.I: 1.6 to 1.9 (+0.3)

Albatros D.Va: 0.6 to 1.6 (+1.0)

Albatros D.III: 1.1 to 1.5 (+0.4)

Halberstadt D.II: 0.9 to 1.3 (+0.4)

Pfalz D.XII: 0.8 to 1.3 (+0.5)

Pfalz D.IIIa: 1.4 to 0.8 (-0.6)

Fokker D.VII: 1.0 to 0.7 (-0.3)

Summary:
  • 3 planes that were already >1.0 saw their ratio increase (Fokker D.VIIF, Fokker Dr.I, Albatros D.III)
  • 3 planes that were <1.0 became >1.0 (Albatros D.Va, Halberstadt D.II, Pfalz D.XII)
  • 2 planes that were >1.0 became <1.0 (Pfalz D.IIIa, Fokker D.VII)

Entente:

SPAD XIII: 1.7 to 1.3 (-0.4)

Nieuport 11: 0.5 to 1.0 (+0.5)

Sopwith Camel: 1.3 to 0.9 (-0.4)

Hanriot HD.1: 0.4 to 0.7 (+0.3)

Sopwith Pup: 1.4 to 0.6 (-0.8)

SE5a: 0.7 to 0.6 (-0.1)

Sopwith Dolphin: 0.6 to 0.5 (-0.1)

Sopwith Triplane: 0.5 (~)

Nieuport 28: 0.5 (~)

Nieuport 17: 0.3 to 0.4 (+0.1)

Summary:
  • 1 plane that was already >1.0 saw its ratio decrease (SPAD XIII)
  • 1 plane that was <1.0 became >1.0 (Nieuport 11)
  • 2 planes that were >1.0 became <1.0 (Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Pup)
  • 2 planes that were already <1.0 saw their ratio increase, but stay below 1.0 (Hanriot HD.1, Nieuport 17)
  • 4 planes that were already <1.0 saw their ratio decrease or remain the same (SE5a, Sopwith Dolphin, Sopwith Triplane, Nieuport 28)

What do these numbers really mean?

Well, you can interpret them a number of ways, really. I draw the following personal conclusions:

• The Fokker D.VIIF and Fokker Dr.I are still the best (Central) planes out there by a large margin. They absolutely deserve this success.
  • The Albatros D.III and D.Va are too successful. Uneven sides and Free2Play play a large part, of course, but they do have about double the W/L ratio of the Pfalz D.IIIa, which now has a respectable 0.8 (compared to 0.6 for the SE5a, for example), down from its ludicrous 1.4.
  • It's great to see the Halberstadt D.II doing well, a formidable but fair opponent for the early Entente rotary scouts, and it remains a very capable opponent throughout 1917. Sadly, as soon as the Albatros D.II enters the stage, the Halberstadt (and Entente rotaries) are utterly outclassed and it changes to "taking candy from a baby" (6.5 W/L ratio on the D.II – but not sufficient hours to be relevant, as they are severely limited).
  • Also great to see the Pfalz D.XII having less trouble with those pesky Camels.
  • I'm not sure what happened to the regular D.VII. I guess it's just not a D.VIIF or D.XII in terms of speed. Maybe some overconfidence? Being caught on the deck against a Camel is still deadly, of course, and you can't pull off Albatros antics with it.
  • The SPAD XIII and Nieuport 11 are now the only two Entente planes with a ratio above 1.0. The SPAD had to trade in some of its efficiency, but it's still out there with the best.
  • The Camel is honestly not in a bad place with its 0.9 W/L ratio. It should go up slightly again with proper mission design. It's mostly getting people back in the cockpit that isn't so simple (a huge problem on the Entente right now). Unlimited numbers and lower fuel locks should solve most issues.
  • As I predicted, the Hanriot is now a rising star, both in W/L and in hours flown, as a number of Camel pilots transition to it. I'm sure that with bigger numbers and more experience, the W/L will rise to almost match that of the Camel. At the same time the Super Pup is now pretty much a normal Pup.
  • The SE5a, Sopwith Dolphin, Sopwith Triplane and Nieuport 17 haven't really changed all that much in terms of effectiveness, but their hours flown have dropped quite a bit. The only exception here is the Nieuport 28, whose hours flown have increased, but whose effectiveness has remained the same. In other words: overconfidence that the patch might have actually changed something about its FM, other than the faster take-off.

Overall, the situation is not as catastrophic as all the green on Central and red on Entente might make it look like. I believe that a lot can be attributed to one single problem. Well, three in fact.

As many people have said before, the Albatros scouts (all three of them) are much too easy to fly, and 777 might want to take a (rather urgent) look at that if they have any desire to keep the sim healthy.

Other than that, mission makers need to make the Camel more attractive again in order to tip the sides. There's no shame in massive numbers of them taking to the skies and they are still very deadly when used properly.

I've outlined those ideas here: Mission Makers: SAVE the Camel, SAVE Casual Multiplayer

J5_Hellbender

#23 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:34

As many people have said before, the Albatros scouts (all three of them) are much too easy to fly, and 777 might want to take a (rather urgent) look at that if they have any desire to keep the sim healthy.
This doesn't mean the flight model is off, there is other planes in ROF that is easy to fly too.

#24 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:39

I would like to see the comparative performance of 1 v 1.
So here a challenge - I take Alb D.Va v any entente plane in a duel where there will acctually be a fight. I dont want to have a prolonged BnZ fight with a Spad - its clear that in this BnZ case the Spad is the better plane, but what I would like to see is what the rest can do - is there acctually an entente plane now which can win over a D.Va in a turnfight.
I dont belive that there is one.
So someone prove me wrong.

#25 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:23

This doesn't mean the flight model is off, there is other planes in ROF that is easy to fly too.

Alb d2 is not to maneuverable? In case of fight against DH2, Airco shuld out maneuver it, how it is now? Maybe DH2 is not enought maneuverable not alb to much?

#26 closed_accont

closed_accont

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:03

Thanks Hellbender!

you did put in numbers what is my feeling since the update, the conclusion is
fly ROF is not so fun like before…
I just not able to put it so clear what you did so well.
I'm with you, we need redesign mission's plane set to bring some balance… if it is too much work we can try to help the admins creating it some way.

#27 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:57

A nice approach to analysis Hellbender (are these figures from all servers?), but perhaps you should have included a few more months on each side Oct-Nov vs. Jan-Feb) to avoid any potential bias. Apart from that, your numbers put substance to what I and others have suspected since the patch. :?

I disagree with your overall optimistic conclusions though. "Tip the sides" ???

All central a/c (except DVa) were close to, or over, a W/L ratio of 1 before the patch. Now all of them are.

Compare that to Entente before and now. No amount of spin, or bumping up Camel presence, is going to change this trend for Entente if it is real.

Top that off with unhistorical rate of fire, gross player side imbalance, and well, you can expect a world of grief if you fly with roundels on. The Luftwhiners have got it their way.

#28 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:05

Beginning October 30, 1918, as part of the demobilization of Germany, BMW was shut down. By that time, of the total of 3,100 BMW IIIa engines that had been ordered, only 591 had actually been produced
-Ernie Buehl

Are you suggesting that they had more D7's with the IIIa engines than were IIIa engines made?

You assume that BMW engines were only made by BMW. Anyway, I came after you because you seem to have a case of severe ententitis, which is characterized by a spastic attempts to suggest that the Fokker D.VIIF was not a significant scout. :o

————–

As for the D.Va, I would be happy to do some duels this weekend. But Peter, it's not just about you in the D.Va. The point is for the pilots to fly both aircraft for a more objective comparison.

I think it was a mistake not to reduce the lift efficiency of the Albatros scouts the same way it was done to the Pfalz D.IIIa. Then again, what was really needed was an FM review, not just a tweak. The D.Va has always been one of the silliest FMs in Rise of Flight. Making it faster was a good gesture toward what it should be, but making it turn better was not.

Hopefully, this will end all arguments about the importance of thrust:drag in addition to wingloading when we bicker over turn rates.

#29 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:14

Bender, the data set is far too small for server stats to be statistically meaningful. The number of assumptions that go into using it for the purposes of scout performance is just mind boggling.

Let's stick to our common sense and our best guide, which is years of experience with Rise of Flight.

#30 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:30

Gav - we are in complete agreement on what should have been done on the D.Va and plenty of other planes as well.
And I know that this duels mean nothing in the global view - I am just interested how it pans out, nothing else. To me it was clear that drag / power / prop efficiency adjustements ment changes of turn rates and that some planes would be performing by far better than before.

As for interpretation of the numbers - there was a massive switch from the D.IIIa to the D.Va.
This means that lots of very good pilots switched over and this made the D.Va a much better performer as well.
Vanilla D.VII was also droped as the D.Va offers a much better overal performance with minimal less speed.
That explains that.
And overal outperforming of central / entente is just resulting out of the stacked numbers and the gameplay on the server - central stick together, stay close to their bases and have several layers of planes. Entente fly over uncoordinated and are often completly outnumberd in a local manner.
It quickly turnes around when entente has an orginised squad flying with a multiple plane flight. Camel, Spad + Dolphin = big problems for the central side.
Its here where the problem is - central squads are much more represented and disciplined. Entente is full of lone wolves.
This is where the numbers come out of + the migration of the central pilots towards the D.Va.

Gav - Saturday night euro time / sunday is when I will be around.

#31 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:33

Alb d2 is not to maneuverable? In case of fight against DH2, Airco shuld out maneuver it, how it is now? Maybe DH2 is not enought maneuverable not alb to much?

1. Common variant of Airco, possibly. Historical long-range variant with oversized fuel tank we have in game, not so much.

2.If by "outmaneuvering" you mean it should outlast a D.II in sustained turn fight… ask Lanoe Hawker if you meet him :x .

3. IIRC Albatros D.II was German pilots favoured match for Tripehound because of its maneuvrability. It should turn better than D.III/D.Va at cost of speed and climb.

Oh and yes… The real victim of D.Va fix was vanilla Fokker D.VII.

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#32 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:36

Bender, the data set is far too small for server stats to be statistically meaningful. The number of assumptions that go into using it for the purposes of scout performance is just mind boggling.

Let's stick to our common sense and our best guide, which is years of experience with Rise of Flight.

As I said, these are my personal mind boggling assumptions. Feel free to draw your own.

In fact, when looking at the big picture, the only real relevant information that anyone can see right now, is that compared to November and the months before that, the Entente spend less time in the air per sortie.

In November the Entente made 7636 sorties in 1522 hours (0.20 hours per sortie), and Central 8152 sorties in 1769 hours (0.21 hours per sortie).

This has changed in February for the Entente to 6715 sorties in 1221 hours (0.18 hours per sortie), and Central 6585 sorties in 1449 (0.22 hours per sortie).

For now, let's blame it on locally adverse weather conditions over the Entente side, brought about by a Spandau-type microclimate.

Let's wait 6 more months for the weather to stabilise.

I disagree with your overall optimistic conclusions though. "Tip the sides" ???

Bandy, I am the most frustratingly optimistic person you'll ever meet.

I sincerely believe that an organised army of Camels can completely tip the sides.

The problem is a) Camel availability and fuel level, b) getting people back into the Camel, c) getting people of all skill levels not to kill themselves with the Camel, and d) getting people of all skill levels to work together and not kill each other with the Camel.

J5_Hellbender

#33 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:46

Syndicate 'Vintage Missions' are arguably closer to what it would have been like in the air in WWI. Dogfights occur at a range of altitudes, teamplay is important to succeed.

Below are DVa stats before and after patch. Obviously our missions change frequently, plane sets vary, etc. so sample sizes (raw numbers) are not strong indicators for some match-ups.

DVa lost against its historical nemesis the Camel, and was equal or prevailed against most others. Now things seem all out of whack…

EDIT: ah format is all buggered… have to screenshot. Will add more data as I go along.

#34 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:55

It quickly turnes around when entente has an orginised squad flying with a multiple plane flight. Camel, Spad + Dolphin = big problems for the central side.
Its here where the problem is - central squads are much more represented and disciplined. Entente is full of lone wolves.
This is where the numbers come out of + the migration of the central pilots towards the D.Va.

This and this. The Camels and Spads are still big trouble, but the dangerous wolfpacks more and more often turn out to be flown by J5, JG1 and J30 tags in addition to 1PL. Spad X.III pilots list says it all…

http://stats.newwing...ur/30/plane/25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stats.newwing...ur/30/plane/25/

Check the Spad X.III killboard by the way - it still has positive win/loss ratio against anything not equipped with BMW engine.

Perhaps it's time the 1PL started an English speaking Eskadra;). Call it 1PL-X-303Esk "RFC in exile", slap a small roundel below the checkboard and give it Polish CO if it helps :P.

Same way, good to see more hq tags on the servers.

Forum moderator.

#35 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 20 February 2015 - 13:01

http://stats.newwing...ur/30/plane/25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stats.newwing...ur/30/plane/25/

Check the Spad X.III killboard by the way - it still has positive win/loss ratio against anything not equipped with BMW engine.

BUT check out the January 2015 stats at NW… This goes to show that a single month cannot be used to draw any meaningful stats…

stats.newwingstraining.com/tour/29/plane/25/

#36 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 20 February 2015 - 13:04

This goes to show that a single month cannot be used to draw any meaningful stats…

That's a conclusion I am happy with.

EDIT: …But I thought it's the thread where we throw around one-month statistics :P ?

Forum moderator.

#37 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 20 February 2015 - 13:15

EDIT: …But I thought it's the thread where we throw around one-month statistics :P ?
:lol:

Yes, wish there was a way to easily combine the monthly stats available to us. Stats for SYN server I presented above are at least 2 months combined, but even then can only be taken as trends…

I'm sure the devs database can be queried, but will we see any info/opinion from them?

#38 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 20 February 2015 - 13:32

These stats can give you an impression, nothing more. Unlike in real life, no one is forced to fly anything and people look for the path of least resistance on both sides.

Hence the sharp drop in flight time on the SE5a, Triplane and N17, who are probably suffering the hardest from the new Albatros.

Once again, you can draw whatever conclusions you like. Waiting another 4 years 6 months is probably the best thing to do at this point.

Organisation on the Entente side is a mess, though. There's very few committed Entente squadrons, and even fewer that dedicate themselves to flying French or British planes exclusively. IRFC sorta kinda was, and although it was the intention to be exclusively British when flying Entente, it certainly wasn't the intention of being exclusively Entente (we had some pretty funky "Imperial Austrian" skins for flying Central), but we all know how that turned out.

Nowadays, I have to admit, most of us who still fly on occasion (including me) can't be arsed with organisation anymore. So I have nothing at all against organised Jastas being successful as a team. Part of the game is avoiding them, which the SPAD XIII and Bristol are great at. It's the 1 on 1 performance of the Albs that bothers me.

In fact, all I'm really asking is for the Entente to get dominated by a different plane (Fokker D.VII), not to start dominating themselves. That simply won't happen anytime soon, unless you start severely limiting the number of available planes on Central.

J5_Hellbender

#39 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 20 February 2015 - 13:51

Well overall the OP has achieved his goal with his OP, he has split the community into two or more camps.

#40 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:35

DVa lost against its historical nemesis the Camel, and was equal or prevailed against most others. Now things seem all out of whack…

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-20%20at%207.49.3

Actually, your data says that there isn't much change in the win:loss ratio between the Camel and D.Va before and after the FM changes.  Even then, trying to draw conclusions from these data sets is crazy.

I can explain what we're observing much more simply.  The D.Va airspeed, climbrate, and turn rate increased, while its kid-glove handling and great roll rate remained unchanged.  There is your answer. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users