- - - - -

Version 1.035b - Hotfix

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 05 February 2015 - 16:49

I'm pretty sure the "Scratch one X" slang originates from WW2 on Pacific ship-sinking actions…

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#42 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 05 February 2015 - 17:01

I'm pretty sure the "Scratch one X" slang originates from WW2 on Pacific ship-sinking actions…

I don't know, I had it in mind from the classic: https://www.youtube....h?v=xD8-WytDpQM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#43 Comcast111

Comcast111

Posted 05 February 2015 - 19:02

The 2d guages are still stuck on metric

#44 Molerat

Molerat

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:16

Wykletypl - talking about 'scratching' planes -

In a review I read of Wings Over Flanders Fields (I've not played it), the career mode gets high praise for its immersion. Things like having to write post-flight reports detailing which types planes you've killed, and having them confirmed by allied planes who see the wreck (rather than RoF's simply awarding kills automatically).

That kind of future would be brilliant for career mode (although obviously not for a 1.035b hotfix!).

#45 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 06 February 2015 - 15:30

Wykletypl - talking about 'scratching' planes -

In a review I read of Wings Over Flanders Fields (I've not played it), the career mode gets high praise for its immersion. Things like having to write post-flight reports detailing which types planes you've killed, and having them confirmed by allied planes who see the wreck (rather than RoF's simply awarding kills automatically).

That kind of future would be brilliant for career mode (although obviously not for a 1.035b hotfix!).

And what do You think about pilots screaming when they are shot down idea, taken from 'Wings of Glory' and implemented in 'RoF'?

#46 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 06 February 2015 - 15:43

And what do You think about pilots screaming when they are shot down idea, taken from 'Wings of Glory' and implemented in 'RoF'?
What would you have them scream,(curse you Red Baron)seriously I doubt if WW1 pilots could hear their victims screaming.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#47 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 06 February 2015 - 15:49

What would you have them scream,(curse you Red Baron)seriously I doubt if WW1 pilots could hear their victims screaming.

If You were close enough…

#48 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 06 February 2015 - 16:07

If You were close enough…
First put cotton balls in your ears then put on your flying cap,(most of the time heavily insulated) sit behind a unmuffled engine at 100 mph and tell me what you hear.

#49 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 16:08

Let's start with bullet impacts! :D

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#50 Molerat

Molerat

Posted 06 February 2015 - 16:21

Are we going to have to convince two people to take off in two planes in real life and scream at each other, so we know how close they'd have to be to hear?

"AARGHGHGHGH!!!!"

"ARGHGHGHGGHGH!!!!!!!!"

I also worry it could destroy immersion - if you hear the same scream every few kills, it could actually have the effect of making the opponents seem *less* real.

#51 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 06 February 2015 - 16:31

No need to go that far just ride in Piper Colt and try to talk to the pilot.
Why would we want to make this sim more arcadish than it is?

#52 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 17:07

- Single mission for Hanriot were added.

Hmmmm… I can't find it?

No ideas?

#53 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 06 February 2015 - 17:08

What? The Camel can scream! No? :mrgreen: And sing too!

#54 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 06 February 2015 - 17:17

- Single mission for Hanriot were added.

Hmmmm… I can't find it?

No ideas?

They're right where you would expect them to be on my installation - Missions/Fly Now:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#55 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 18:47

Mhhh, I'm not sure this "fly now mission" was not available before… I was expecting a new single player mission, maybe a Coppens one?

#56 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 06 February 2015 - 19:20

It was not available before.

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#57 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:48

Ok, my bad. Thanks!

#58 jenato

jenato

Posted 10 February 2015 - 21:43

I am testing this all out and though I thought it runs smoothly, I noticed enemy planes sometimes disappear in midair, even when chasing them. One flew into a cloud and was never to be seen again, a few higher flying EIII’s in my Belgian campaign, of which I hope the medal bugs are fixed –too early to tell as I have just started – suddenly vanished into thin air… A DFW which I attacked frontally and hit it clearly, passed me and when I turned, (and by this I mean my head TRACKIR, you know) yep… you guess… now you see me, now you don’t anymore…
Is this a normal thing? Previous version did not have this spooky plane behavior, they only disappear when I was at quite some distance, not in the immediate vicinity…

#59 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:06

I am testing this all out and though I thought it runs smoothly, I noticed enemy planes sometimes disappear in midair, even when chasing them. One flew into a cloud and was never to be seen again, a few higher flying EIII’s in my Belgian campaign, of which I hope the medal bugs are fixed –too early to tell as I have just started – suddenly vanished into thin air… A DFW which I attacked frontally and hit it clearly, passed me and when I turned, (and by this I mean my head TRACKIR, you know) yep… you guess… now you see me, now you don’t anymore…
Is this a normal thing? Previous version did not have this spooky plane behavior, they only disappear when I was at quite some distance, not in the immediate vicinity…

Are you talking about career missions? Are you the flight leader in your missions where this is happening? If not, are you still near your flight leader or have you gotten separated or struck off on your own?

There is a long-standing issue with the fact that the devs apparently programmed an optimization to make AI planes despawn in a rather strange and unfortunate way - instead of having them despawn if they are beyond a certain range from your own plane, they despawn if they are beyond a certain range from your flight leader's plane. A strange choice, if indeed that's what they did (that's the way I remember it being stated a long time ago, but I'm not sure if we ever got official word from the devs about it - been so long since this has come up).

Personally, I've never seen this occur in my career missions, and I'm frequently separated from my flight leader, but there have been a number of posts about it over the years so I assume that's the most likely cause of what you're seeing (unless you're the flight leader, in which case I have no idea why this would be happening).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#60 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:34

I have seen this a few times, only IIRC when I am not the flight leader and have gone swanning off on my own. Now I usually stay close to my flight when not leader: problem gone.

To go off on your own better to solo mission or lead and tell you flight RTB. (Just hope they can land OK….)

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#61 jenato

jenato

Posted 11 February 2015 - 13:34

Yes, it occurred while flying career missions and… flying as wingman of a flight leader and as you mention it: there was a considerable distance between my flight leader and myself. There was also quite some difference in altitude too. But, on one of the latest occasions the despawning happened, I chased some Eindeckers flying large circles at a much higher altitude than I was flying at and suddenly, though I could clearly see them ( I fly at a rather high difficulty level I think - only warmed up engine and navigation objects are on) and this means I could identify them as E III's, pooofff… they were gone!
I remember clearly I met identical situations in previous versions I could let my Nieuport C11 gain altitude for minutes and was able to get into the dead zone, almost right under the enemy plane and could bring it down with my machine guns tilted upwards.
Just a question or suggestion: could it be this despawning was brought in to make the scoring possibilities more realistic? While flying my previous career, which I temporarily stopped because there was an issue with the Belgian medals, I was able to shoot down more than 120 kills far before the career was finished. (In less than one year virtual playing time - up yours von Richthofen!)
By the way: thanks for your quick reply guys.

#62 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 11 February 2015 - 14:34

I do not think 777 have ever done anything to make the scoring possibilities more realistic: I mean how many people want to fly scores of sorties and not shoot down any aircraft? Some people complain that BCareer has too little action as it is.

I am 99.99% sure that disappearing planes are either linked to distance from leader (not known, but maybe 15-20km?) or possibly a time out from spawn.

You would really need to find a developer answer to be sure, but they have a lot to do right now.

Congrats on 120: the best I have ever done is about 50 over 6 months or so, before being killed in a mid air collision as usual :(

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#63 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 11 February 2015 - 17:34

I'm 100% sure that despawning is related to distance from leader and CPU usage of plane (it can fly quite far from leader without despawning but once you fire at it or damage it… poof). It never ever happens when I fly as flight leader.

As of AI victories, I came to use "10 for 1" denominator; each 10 AI planes counting as one "confirmed" victory. This puts most careers in plausible 5-20 victories acedom range, at plausible density of about one kill a week. With exception for these bastard two-seaters.

Forum moderator.

#64 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 11 February 2015 - 20:23

Hey guys, has anybody else had an issue when RoF started lagging during the game when some additional Internet=connected programs were on in the background after the update, even though previously it didn't do that?

#65 gomogo

gomogo

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:58

where do I download the Hot Fix? please I am having the error #10027

#66 catobird

catobird

Posted 13 February 2015 - 14:04

I'm 100% sure that despawning is related to distance from leader and CPU usage of plane (it can fly quite far from leader without despawning but once you fire at it or damage it… poof). It never ever happens when I fly as flight leader.

As of AI victories, I came to use "10 for 1" denominator; each 10 AI planes counting as one "confirmed" victory. This puts most careers in plausible 5-20 victories acedom range, at plausible density of about one kill a week. With exception for these bastard two-seaters.

I used to think that as well. But now I get enemy planes disappearing right in front of me while on a lone patrol mission.

#67 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:05

where do I download the Hot Fix? please I am having the error #10027

Update the game.

#68 NavyJake

NavyJake

Posted 16 February 2015 - 18:18

Any word on getting the option to move the 2D gauges BACK?

#69 Smedges

Smedges

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:00

Hello, but i just wanted to say since the last update i havnt been able to play because all of my controls are messed up, camera, pilot head, throttle its all over the place! ive spent hours trying to remap and set to defualt and fiddle with Everything!!! and nothing has worked! im sorry to sound rude as im one of the youngest and newest players to rise of flight, im a kid. And i just want to play, so in the nicest way possible, FIX YOUR GAME!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users