68 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 02 February 2015 - 22:33

Here's what we're fixing today after the big update we had last week:
- Steam DLC activation screen has been fixed and returned back to the game;
- The issue with the Main screen bottom menu not available was fixed;
- The position of hint text on the first login was fixed;
- Bomb Aiming Helper is now correctly unavailable in mouse control setup if Aiming Help is turned off;
- Bomb sight controls are no longer overlapping the 2D gauges;
- Special symbols are now correctly shown in the German, French and Spanish localized versions;
- Single mission for Hanriot were added.

#2 Endy

Endy

Posted 02 February 2015 - 23:32

That was quick — Thank you. :D

#3 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 03 February 2015 - 00:40

I am sorry, but some issues are NOT fixed… the aiming help button is still broken as is the mouse-aim bomb point. I can not advise enough that testing ones fix before deploying a patch only costs 5 min… and really makes a difference in professional image, for selfevident reasons.

"simple gauges off" compass needs fixing, too..

#4 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:39

Thanks for hotfix!
But like Dr. Zebra reported, aiming help button (and keyboard command) still not fixed.
Devs, please take a look at this.
:S!:
Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz watercooled with be-Quiet Silent Loop 240, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 7,5cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#5 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:52

+1 on the aiming help.
I find it most annoying in not being able to turn it off.

To emphasize this point, I am going to NOT use a turret gun until it is fixed. So There!! :o
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#6 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:43

Guys, Turret Aiming ring for free-look (not nestled to gun-sight) view allways was in Expert.
Mouse control cursor and plane nose cross-pointer are also allways shown regardless options.
By design, relax.

#7 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:32

Guys, Turret Aiming ring for free-look (not nestled to gun-sight) view allways was in Expert.
Mouse control cursor and plane nose cross-pointer are also allways shown regardless options.
By design, relax.

Hi Han.
Turret Aiming ring for free-look is not the problem (at least not for me, because I never use it) but the command is broken. The ring is allways visible - pressing win+a oder clicking in the GUI has no effect.
Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz watercooled with be-Quiet Silent Loop 240, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 7,5cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#8 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:16

Guys, Turret Aiming ring for free-look (not nestled to gun-sight) view allways was in Expert. [ A ]
By design, relax.

regarding [ A ] yes, but if you´d care to look at the video bug report, before aiming help could be toggeled on/off via the y-shaped gui button. That button does not work anymore and it is forced always on!
(also: it really shouldn´t be on on expert. If it also toggles the mouse-mode bombsight, which it should, if it worked like you said, but it currently doesn´t (bug)… it does allow for cheating in bombing on expert-servers with the CCIP… hence my repeated tries to ask aiming help should be generally a expert-moder off setting)

nobody here said a word about that design decision…

and a point not only from me: please revise the "simple gauges off" compass, it is an insult to anybody serious about planes and navigation.

#9 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:22

Hi Han.
Turret Aiming ring for free-look is not the problem (at least not for me, because I never use it) but the command is broken. The ring is allways visible - pressing win+a oder clicking in the GUI has no effect.
Flo

It was differ before?

#10 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:27

and a point not only from me: please revise the "simple gauges off" compass, it is an insult to anybody serious about planes and navigation.

If you have insult danger - please take care of you, come to doctor and ask for tablets :)

I'm remind you, that if Simple Gauges off - than remaining compass and clocks are replacing "hand compass and hand clock".

Here is hand-compass.

Here you can look for vintage hand compasses trend :)
https://www.google.r...iw=1536&bih=774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.google.r...arch?q=vintage … 36&bih=774

#11 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:30

Hi Han.
Flo

It was differ before?

Yes, before 1.035 you could turn aiming help on or off - there is a button in the GUI when flying.
If you watch the vid made by Dr. Zebra you can see him clicking on the Aiming-help-Button without any effect.
Flo

#12 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:39

Hm. Ok, will fix later. This does not looks as something major :)

#13 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:42

If you have insult danger - please take care of you, come to doctor and ask for tablets :)

I'm remind you, that if Simple Gauges off - than remaining compass and clocks are replacing "hand compass and hand clock".

Here is hand-compass.

Here you can look for vintage hand compasses thrend :)
https://www.google.r...iw=1536&bih=774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.google.r...arch?q=vintage … 36&bih=774

I know what a hand compass is. AND why it is used for terrestrial navigation but not aerial. Apart from the fact that a red needle end means north, not course… (so even if you insist on the boyscouts hand compass, the compass should turn and the red part of the needle should always point north)

the reason why a beam-type-needle compass does not work reliably in an airplane is acceleration error. and if you look at all your cockpit photo stuff, you will not find a single one of those compasses with a single, beam-style needle…, but rather all with a round "compass rose" type needle… try proving me wrong here, or simply take your boyscouts compass with you on an air travel trip.. and you´ll see there is a point.

other oppinons: That Poxy Boy Scout Compass Has To Go.

also: is it really that hard to see that the aiming help button is broken? please take 5 and test it..

#14 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:54

Mr Han, can you please check my post (link below) and answer an question about this matter: if this is a bug or it is by design? Thanks.
Btw. Love yours game hehe

DFW CV lucky roulette for observer

34zg6jd.jpg

#15 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:43

Mouse-mode bombsight part will have major effect on MP gameplay, even if it's easy to fix. I'd consider requiring game restart when switching between mouse and joystick modes, as it was in previous versions, or disabling switch option if a mission is loaded and in-flight. It should plug all holes in one move, and I don't see that many people fly both modes in same sortie for other reasons than bombsight abuse… It's not that mouse control mode was intended as powerful help in altitude bombing for joystick users, after all(?).

Doc, it's a HUD element; representing pilots pouch compass which may or may not be useful for airplane navigation IIRC. Whether it looks like WWI cockpit compass, WWI pouch compass with acceleration error, bf-109 "needle shows course" inertia compass or digital readout of heading is matter of aesthetics. It gives heading's relation to north in inherently unrealistic way, however it looks. This said…

Doc Zebra I see on these boards is well-versed in aviation techniques and a level-headed, distanced person in discussion. If he's this upset, he has good reasons.

Why not implement both versions and let users customise? Personally I have no problem with what compass readout looks like, but find old "round clockface" engine gauges much more readable than new "vertical bar" ones…

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#16 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 03 February 2015 - 14:45

Wow so much over a compass,tell me is not the compass in question just available in expert settings? Why would use simple gauges in expert settings.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#17 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 03 February 2015 - 15:14

Well, small 'b' in name must mean it's just a small portion. There may be more things to be fixed soon.

#18 Sneaksie

Sneaksie
  • Developer

Posted 03 February 2015 - 15:21

Mouse-mode bombsight part will have major effect on MP gameplay, even if it's easy to fix. I'd consider requiring game restart when switching between mouse and joystick modes, as it was in previous versions, or disabling switch option if a mission is loaded and in-flight. It should plug all holes in one move, and I don't see that many people fly both modes in same sortie for other reasons than bombsight abuse… It's not that mouse control mode was intended as powerful help in altitude bombing for joystick users, after all(?).

What's wrong with the bombsight? If you mean bomb aiming help appearing in mouse mode, it is no longer there after hotfix.

#19 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 03 February 2015 - 15:27

Wow so much over a compass,tell me is not the compass in question just available in expert settings? Why would use simple gauges in expert settings.

yes it is the expert setting compass that is plain wrong (north=/=course).. the "simple gauges" one is quite ok, working and no problem…

Why use it?
a) not everyone has track-ir or all fieldmods in all planes
b) nearly ALL bomber-players use it for a realistic setting of the bombrun against the wind in MP, I take it you´ve just never tried that, Hillybilly? (->see bombsight image)

What's wrong with the bombsight? If you mean bomb aiming help appearing in mouse mode, it is no longer there after hotfix.

that is correct, currently it never shows.. but we assume it is just because the aiming help toggle is currently bugged. In the patch notes it is clearly stated that its appearane is tied to toggeling aiming help on/off (currently impossible->so no show):

(..)
- Bomb Aiming Helper is now correctly unavailable in mouse control setup if Aiming Help is turned off;

Attached Images

• comp.jpg

#20 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 03 February 2015 - 15:30

Thanks for the hotfix but, yes, there are still missing things.

About Tarnopol map, we still miss some files (resulting to have some invisible objects).
1.035 and missing files.
We also miss the template files to populate the map (although they can be found on the forum, they should be found in the game folders).

Another bug present since a few months,
SPAD XIII of SPA 103 and René Fonck can't be used (with a strange error saying that they have to be used MOD OFF while…it is MOD OFF).

And since the devs respond on this topic, can you please take a look on this?
Balloon mod trouble

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#21 Sneaksie

Sneaksie
  • Developer

Posted 03 February 2015 - 15:53

that is correct, currently it never shows.. but we assume it is just because the aiming help toggle is currently bugged. In the patch notes it is clearly stated that its appearane is tied to toggeling aiming help on/off (currently impossible->so no show):

(..)

Aiming help toggle switches bomb helper and target lead helper (red circle that appears close to an enemy target) on and off, but only if 'Aiming help' is allowed in difficulty settings (and allowing it automatically sets your difficulty level to Custom). Only 'Aiming help' setting matters, mouse or joystick control is irrelevant. Turret aimpoint appears regardless of this setting when you operate a turret without using iron sights because it's impossible to aim without it in this mode. Perhaps it will be removed in a next update when 'Aiming help' setting is off.

#22 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 03 February 2015 - 19:02

(..)

Aiming help toggle switches bomb helper and target lead helper (red circle that appears close to an enemy target) on and off, but only if 'Aiming help' is allowed in difficulty settings (and allowing it automatically sets your difficulty level to Custom). Only 'Aiming help' setting matters, mouse or joystick control is irrelevant. Turret aimpoint appears regardless of this setting when you operate a turret without using iron sights because it's impossible to aim without it in this mode. Perhaps it will be removed in a next update when 'Aiming help' setting is off.

thank you for the reply… ok, so some of the confusion is because we have to aiming help toggles switches now.. one in realism options, one in game..

Aiming Help A (in options) does really work as described and toggles the bombreticle and red circles (even though the red circles appear only on very rare case on my end.. going to make a video of it..)

Aiming Help B is toggeling the bomb reticule when set on in Aiming Help A.. it seems to be "on" by default (heavy frame) but doesn´t toggle the rearguns reticle anymore. (before the patch it toggled the yellow aiming reticle of the rearguns)

I would really apreciate if we could get the yellow reargun aiming thing to be off-turnable again, since it has no place in "full real" ww1 setting… off course you can´t really aim the guns well without it (and without using the sight) but that is kind of the point when you play "realistic"

thanks again for clearing up the issues..

Attached Images

• aim1.jpg
  • aim2.jpg

#23 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 February 2015 - 19:31

Thanks for the hotfix but, yes, there are still missing things.

Another bug present since a few months,
SPAD XIII of SPA 103 and René Fonck can't be used (with a strange error saying that they have to be used MOD OFF while…it is MOD OFF).

I wasn't aware this was still a problem - I'll paste this over into the Volume 18 punch list thread so I can take a look at this and see if I can figure out how to fix this with the next skin pack release.

Thanks for bringing this up :S!:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#24 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 03 February 2015 - 20:56

So I´ve made an oversight over the current GUI-elements switchlogic and a proposal how it probably would be more logical and userfriendly (so that nobody is forced to play styles he/she doesn´t like)

what do you guys think?

made a poll on that: Reargun Recticle

Attached Images

• guishow.jpg

#25 Wile_E_Quixote

Wile_E_Quixote
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 22:33

Thanks Han, for the reminder concerning the reason the on-screen compass looks like it does now.

For others who may have forgotten some RoF history: there was a time before "field mods", and a time before the simple gauges (CNTL-I) that are always available. Many planes had no compass at all, or a fuel gauge, or clock. The logic back then was that there should always be some way to tell what direction you're going or how long you've been flying, because even it a plane didn't have a built-in gauge as standard equipment, a pilot could carry a hand held compass, or a watch to tell time. On that basis, the simple gauges that are always available feature in the game was introduced.

Now they've actually followed up and made those gauges look like hand-held models. There may be next to nobody who has not purchased field mods, but it is possible to still function if they haven't. I doubt if anybody likes the new designs over the old, but in reality they're now a lot more like they were meant to be in the first place. Personally I got spoiled on what we had before and am sorry to see it go, but I guess it's use the field mods or get used to the other.

Anyway thanks again for the explanation, devs.

#26 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:50

Now they've actually followed up and made those gauges look like hand-held models.

Interesting bit of history - I never used them so I missed/ignored that part of the evolution when it happened, but I suppose it could be a plausible explanation of why they want these to look like hand-held items.

One suggestion though - if that's what they're supposed to be simulating, wouldn't it be better if it worked more like its hand-held counterpart, i.e., have the red needle permanently pointing to North, and have the entire dial rotate so that the direction of flight is straight up? (simulating the pilot turning the compass in his hand to determine his course). Just a thought.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#27 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:27

Or have the red needle pointing to north + some large random error towards the huge chunk of iron in the engine. :twisted:

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#28 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:38

Or have the red needle pointing to north + some large random error towards the huge chunk of iron in the engine. :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

In lieu of a hand-held compass, maybe they should implement a picture of a sextant with some animation for trying to take a sighting with it :)

#29 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:44

^^on bombers it would not be possible.. another task for the gunner ;=)

but a simple "Schnapskompass" as the germans called the liquid damped round-compass rose ones since before WW1 (and the type was used by all sides alike as airnavigation compass) is not trivial to read correctly in an airplane. We STILL use them, though in aviation. And the reason why you don´t use single-beam-needle boyscouts ones in the air has also stayed the same: On the ground a single needle works find, but you hold the handcompass steady and level to avoid inclination and acceleration error. If you don´t, it won´t work propperly. Offcourse then you calculate in magnetic deviation etc..

In an airplane this "holding it level and calm" is an entirely different story, but same principle.. so why do they they still use the "Schnapskompass", the liquid dampened round one today? Because you want to be able to turn an aircraft to a defined heading. Doing this by compass alone, is hard because of the compass errors. Motion and acceleration affects the compass (and thats why round-compass-rose-needles and liquid dampening are universal since the dawn of aviation) as well as the little angle the the north-needle allready points down..

#30 Molerat

Molerat

Posted 04 February 2015 - 15:17

I came here to ask for the turret aiming ring to be optional again (I like to fly 'full-realism' without any HUD or aiming help).

But I see that Han has already said he'll fix it…

And now I realise I've a lot of compass-history to learn! I should be doing my accounts… But that seventeen-minute video is just too tempting!

#31 Wile_E_Quixote

Wile_E_Quixote
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 17:18

….One suggestion though - if that's what they're supposed to be simulating, wouldn't it be better if it worked more like its hand-held counterpart, i.e., have the red needle permanently pointing to North, and have the entire dial rotate so that the direction of flight is straight up? (simulating the pilot turning the compass in his hand to determine his course). Just a thought.

I totally agree with that! They've got the look they wanted, now I hope they take a further look at it and make it work like a pilot would actually use it, too.

#32 Wile_E_Quixote

Wile_E_Quixote
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 17:54

….but a simple "Schnapskompass" as the germans called the liquid damped round-compass rose ones since before WW1 (and the type was used by all sides alike as airnavigation compass) is not trivial to read correctly in an airplane. We STILL use them, though in aviation. And the reason why you don´t use single-beam-needle boyscouts ones in the air has also stayed the same: On the ground a single needle works find, but you hold the handcompass steady and level to avoid inclination and acceleration error. If you don´t, it won´t work propperly. Offcourse then you calculate in magnetic deviation etc..

In an airplane this "holding it level and calm" is an entirely different story, but same principle.. so why do they they still use the "Schnapskompass", the liquid dampened round one today? Because you want to be able to turn an aircraft to a defined heading. Doing this by compass alone, is hard because of the compass errors. Motion and acceleration affects the compass (and thats why round-compass-rose-needles and liquid dampening are universal since the dawn of aviation) as well as the little angle the the north-needle allready points down….

Please try to remember that originally in RoF, the only option for gauges in EVERY plane that they had modeled, was as they were originally equipped and delivered to the field. The configuration of every single plane was researched, just as all the other details of it's construction and flying qualities. Even today, if you uncheck ALL field mods for any given airplane, THAT is what is considered the stock, true and realistic way that the vast majority of that plane type was flown in WWI. Since MANY of the plane types had no compass at all (mostly French types?), it was a real problem for anybody trying to fly and navigate in one. Apparently at that time, the built-in compasses (and other gauges) were either considered too expensive, or they simply could not produce the number of units needed, and they considered that a plane that lacked many of the useful gauges, was better than no plane at all.

I don't believe ANYBODY is trying to say that the hand-held compass is a GOOD piece of equipment to use in an airplane; only that in the absence of anything else, it was better than having nothing at all. There are many references in WWI aviation to compasses that would become useless for a long time because manuvering would cause them to spin, oscillate, or be inaccurate. You mention being able to fly an exact heading, but in WWI if you were caught in a fog, snowstorm, or driving rain, just being able to tell the general direction of west or east was good enough, so you could get over the lines and put it down anywhere in order to survive and fight another day.

Also since the considerations of acceleration and level compass attitude are non-issues within our flight sim, they are moot points for our own purposes.

Again, I am no advocate of how the current "CNTL-I" compass works in-game; much the opposite. If all those displays were to go back to the way they were before the last update, I'd be the last person to complain; but I do see the logic of why they changed the way that particular compass looks (not the way it operates).

#33 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 18:32

- Single mission for Hanriot were added.

Hmmmm… I can't find it?

#34 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 04 February 2015 - 19:55

Since MANY of the plane types had no compass at all (mostly French types?), it was a real problem for anybody trying to fly and navigate in one. Apparently at that time, the built-in compasses (and other gauges) were either considered too expensive, or they simply could not produce the number of units needed, and they considered that a plane that lacked many of the useful gauges, was better than no plane at all.

I don't believe ANYBODY is trying to say that the hand-held compass is a GOOD piece of equipment to use in an airplane; only that in the absence of anything else, it was better than having nothing at all. There are many references in WWI aviation to compasses that would become useless for a long time because manuvering would cause them to spin, oscillate, or be inaccurate. You mention being able to fly an exact heading, but in WWI if you were caught in a fog, snowstorm, or driving rain, just being able to tell the general direction of west or east was good enough, so you could get over the lines and put it down anywhere in order to survive and fight another day.

can you produce ANY source for hand held infantry compasses used in airplanes? Using a compass in an aircraft is not a trivial matter, and even with compensated compasses (that take the magnetic influence of your specific aircraft and its metal parts like engine etc. into account)it is very hard to navigate and keeping the compass usefull (hence the references)

hand held compasses are, by design and physics, very very inadequate for aircraft use.. to a point it becomes absolutly pointless. I´d really like to see sources for them beeing tried and used.

all I can say, is that in my looking into early aviation (a passion of mine) before ww1, I can postively find evidence for trying to adapt naval compasses.. but I yet have to see any reference successful use of handheld compasses of the flat, beam-needle type..

typical compass types:
http://www.deutschel...atalogMenue.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.deutschel...affe.de/instrum … gMenue.htm

http://compassmuseum.com/aero/aero.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://compassmuseum.com/aero/aero.htm

Attached Images

• aviation-4.jpg

#35 Wile_E_Quixote

Wile_E_Quixote
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 22:21

can you produce ANY source for hand held infantry compasses used in airplanes?

You misunderstand, sir. I don't pretend to produce ANY data concerning planes used in RoF. That job, I leave to the developers of RoF, and those who help contribute to them. All I have tried to explain is what the reasoning that the developers (and others?) used, back when certain game features were introduced. In fact, back when the planes lacked a lot of the basic equipment that many people consider essential to fly a plane in a flight sim, the feature that was added to the game is probably a response by the developers to requests made by players for more instrumentation. It is just the way I remember it happening, back then. Whatever the reason, it is clear that both sides (developers, players) agreed that there was a minimum level of instrumentation that was necessary to effectively play RoF. Those gauges are not considered "simple gauges" and can not be turned off except by individuals themselves. The reason that the developers used to justify inclusion of that feature into the game is their business, not mine. From my own personal veiwpoint, I am glad the feature is available in the game. My reason for that is because there are certain visual items that are very hard to see in the cockpit, even when using custom saved views. A primary example of that would be the position of the altitude throttle on the Pfalz D.XII. It is extremely hard to see, let alone accurately adjust, regardless of how you manipulate the view system; it is something that in real life would more have been felt, rather than veiwed. This is a reason we need a feature like we now have in RoF.

S! Dr. Z, and good luck in your quest to get a superior compass in the always-available gauges.

#36 NattyIced

NattyIced

Posted 04 February 2015 - 23:45

I have definitely read of WWI aviators using small pocket compasses. It is not a subject I bookmarked to later produce as it is certainly not something that comes up as a point of contention, but I certainly have read of small pocket compasses being utilized over the front during the Great War.

"Now comes a matter that I want to discuss with you: Our aircraft, quite frankly, are ridiculously inferior to British [aircraft]. The [Sopwith] Triplane and 200hp SPAD, as well as the Sopwith [Camel] single-seater, play with our [Albatros] D.V. In addition to having better-quality aircraft, they have far more [of them]. Our really good fighter pilots are lost in this manner. The D.V is so far surpassed by and so ridiculously inferior to the British single-seaters that one cannot begin to do anything with [the D.V]. But the people at home have brought out no new machines for almost a year, [only] these lousy Albatroses, and have remained stuck with the Albatros D.III [types], in which I fought in the autumn of last year." - Manfred von Richtofen

#37 Molerat

Molerat

Posted 05 February 2015 - 00:22

I've just flown and noticed:

As well as it being impossible to turn off the circular turret reticule, it's impossible to turn off the aiming reticule for pistols/flares.

Can this be changed back (so it can be disabled again) too, please?

(Of course, a system to use the iron sights - even if were permanent, ie, instead of the view we get now - would be best. However, this is obviously quite a lot of work and a low priority, so I'd like it if we just got rid of the reticule).

#38 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:07

And now for some completely different bug:

Steam users are given multiple game owners awards, the date of my awards suggest one is given each time new steam DLC is activated.

dlcs.jpg

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#39 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:33

I've just flown and noticed:

As well as it being impossible to turn off the circular turret reticule, it's impossible to turn off the aiming reticule for pistols/flares.

Can this be changed back (so it can be disabled again) too, please?

confirmed.. no aiming help switch setting affects the handgun/flaregun aiming help and thus it is ALWAYS ON.

#40 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 05 February 2015 - 16:08

You know what - I was rewatching a certain 'Wings of Glory' video on Youtube and I got an idea for a certain addition to 1.035 update.

Well, since the game cannot make a 'Scratch One X Plane!' announcement, then I think it would be a good idea if the enemy pilots ingame screamed every time their planes got damaged beyond flying conditions.

Talk about Anti-War message ingame, don't You think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users