Photo
- - - - -

Rise of Flight: United Edition - RELEASED

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Chris_Ihao

Chris_Ihao

Posted 30 January 2015 - 14:04

Ok. Thanks… I guess. Judging from your non-replies, I recon the "not enabled" is the closest to reality. ;)

#42 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 30 January 2015 - 14:18

Ok. Thanks… I guess. Judging from your non-replies, I recon the "not enabled" is the closest to reality. ;)

According to Han's post the new one is more realistic.

#43 Chris_Ihao

Chris_Ihao

Posted 30 January 2015 - 15:35

Ok, thanks a bunch hq_Reflected. I missed that one. Exactly the info I needed mate. New MG mode it is!

Cheers!

#44 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 30 January 2015 - 16:13

But why they put it in simplifications tab i don't have idea… since when more realism options are among simplification.

34zg6jd.jpg

#45 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 30 January 2015 - 17:18

Thanks, 777!

I really appreciate that you guys keep pumping energy into ROF and especially that you're always working toward simulating better historical accuracy. That's what I'm looking for, anyway.

Still, the sim's got to be fun for people to fly and one way to have both is giving the option to turn "realisms" on and off. I like to allow spectators because it's cool to see my plane flying. Not realistic but fun. I fly with simple gauges because I'm too overstimulated to look down all the time. I guess I'm cheating but I need that to have fun for now. BUT, I really want to know my plane flies as close to the real one as possible - that realism matters to me and I don't ever use easy piloting or whatever.

For the new MG accuracy, I don't actually know what I prefer yet. I don't know but suspect, from my own reading, that you're right on about the new, better accuracy being more historical. Maybe, though, it's more fun to have wild machine guns to "keep it close and personal." We can choose, that's the point, and I'm glad. Thanks again.

LP

#46 Chris_Ihao

Chris_Ihao

Posted 30 January 2015 - 18:58

But why they put it in simplifications tab i don't have idea… since when more realism options are among simplification.

Yeah. I agreed. If I get confused even after reading a number of "clarifications", I guess players who havent followed this discussion, in particular new ones, will think that a checked box means less realism.

#47 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 30 January 2015 - 19:19

Yeah. I agreed. If I get confused even after reading a number of "clarifications", I guess players who havent followed this discussion, in particular new ones, will think that a checked box means less realism.

You've got a point, Chris_Ihao, it's kind of the ROF story. Very steep learning curve, lots to know. This is just one more thing like that, "actually this one box check adds to realism but all the rest take away."

Does it need a new thread in general discussions just for clarity?

"One more time, the new accuracy mode is considered the more realistic so unchecking it brings fighting closer but is considered less realistic."

#48 Chris_Ihao

Chris_Ihao

Posted 30 January 2015 - 21:07

You've got a point, Chris_Ihao, it's kind of the ROF story. Very steep learning curve, lots to know. This is just one more thing like that, "actually this one box check adds to realism but all the rest take away."

Does it need a new thread in general discussions just for clarity?

"One more time, the new accuracy mode is considered the more realistic so unchecking it brings fighting closer but is considered less realistic."

I think perhaps just changing this around in the next patch is better, to avoid further confusion. If they silently just change it, perhaps being more specific (for instance writing "realistic dispersion off"), then nobody had to be even more confused ;)

#49 Nic727

Nic727

Posted 30 January 2015 - 22:12

Where can we buy the United Edition and will you make a boxed edition for this edition including all aircrafts, maps, campaing, etc.?

#50 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 30 January 2015 - 22:25

Where can we buy the United Edition and will you make a boxed edition for this edition including all aircrafts, maps, campaing, etc.?
Do you own ROF, if you do you have United Edition.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#51 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 January 2015 - 23:45

I still dont get what gunnery mode is the most realistic one :shock:

Based on all the prolonged debate on this topic, I'm not sure you could get a single, consensus answer to that question, which may be one big reason that they made this new approach an option.

THANK YOU 777 for doing that, BTW - options are good :)

Regardless of the relative merits of the theoretical underpinnings for either approach, personally I think the older approach feels more realistic and seems to generate more realistic results during game play as I experience it than the new option does in the limited testing I've been able to do with it so far, so I suspect I'll be sticking with the older approach. But, it's good to have options so I'll probably play around with it a bit more with some more testing before I make up my mind one way or the other.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#52 Nic727

Nic727

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:06

Do you own ROF, if you do you have United Edition.

Ok, I thought it was for the new expansion pack like "English Channel".

Thank you

#53 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:43

I have found it much easier to take out 2 seaters with the new gunnery option ticked but I prefer using Gavagis realistic mod to be honest! I don't use onscreen dials at all so i could not possibly comment..ehem!! ;) I may use gun enhancement in SP on weekends when I have swallowed to many spirits! Hick!…Hick! :xx: ;)

#54 Ferg

Ferg

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:29

Thanks for the update guys,I've been "away" over Stalingrad for the last few months and just found the latest updates. The new gauges look pretty good to me, though I rarely use them. One problem I am having though, since the update, my throttle has reversed it's axis, how do I fix it as the "invert" option seems to have gone?

#55 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:21

Thanks for the update guys,I've been "away" over Stalingrad for the last few months and just found the latest updates. The new gauges look pretty good to me, though I rarely use them. One problem I am having though, since the update, my throttle has reversed it's axis, how do I fix it as the "invert" option seems to have gone?

I had the same problem. I had to assign the throttle to Engine throttle, and Engines 1 to 4 throttles and invert each one of them to get them how I had the throttle prior to the update.

#56 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:42

I had the same problem. I had to assign the throttle to Engine throttle, and Engines 1 to 4 throttles and invert each one of them to get them how I had the throttle prior to the update.

I don't think it's that complicated - see this thread for explanation about where to find the invert setting:

Joystick throttle control reversed after January 29th update

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#57 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:17

Saying it again, since possibly it won't be seen where it ws previously posted:

Speaking of release of United Edition, You know what is needed to fix for the newer menu buttons? Frames for the Medals and Awards You might want to display on Your menu screen - Many of them are way too big, which makes putting them side by side a nightmare, let alone pressing the newer buttons - I couldn't press those on the main menu screen because I constantly kept selecting 'Gold Sword for Bravery' award and it's description.
So yeah, Listen to it, 777 Studios - Minimalizing the frames for awards/medals in main meny is needed.

#58 Molerat

Molerat

Posted 31 January 2015 - 13:37

Speaking of medals - I have got about ten 'Game Owner's Badges'. It just keeps throwing them at me! I wish there was a way to delete them, or just not have duplicates.

#59 NavyJake

NavyJake

Posted 31 January 2015 - 15:28

777 Thanks for the continued up to you fine game. Continued support is really appreciated. :S!:

I for one would like to be able to move my 2D gauges. Those that fly with a multiple monitor setups, now can't move the gauges to the center monitor.

Adding options is always good, taking away not so much. :geek:

If this can still be done Panthercules suggests it can't, I would love to know how to do this.

#60 Chris_Ihao

Chris_Ihao

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:51

I still dont get what gunnery mode is the most realistic one :shock:

Based on all the prolonged debate on this topic, I'm not sure you could get a single, consensus answer to that question, which may be one big reason that they made this new approach an option.

Well. To be honest, I think I wont notice much of a difference in a long time, as right now I couldnt hit a barn if I stood still 2 meters away from it ;)

#61 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:53

"Dear pilots,

The Rise of Flight statistics page is currently unavailable. It needs to be fixed before we make it active again.
Once the necessary corrections are made, you'll be free to use it.
Thanks for understanding."

How long still? :(

#62 CraigNT54

CraigNT54

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:53

Hello Everyone,
Anyone else having trouble changing the 2D gauges to Imperial Units from Metric? Take a getting use to, but they're growing on me…I enjoy the new aiming sights, also.
Thanks and Cheers!
- CraigNT

#63 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 February 2015 - 14:20

Hello Everyone,
Anyone else having trouble changing the 2D gauges to Imperial Units from Metric? Take a getting use to, but they're growing on me…I enjoy the new aiming sights, also.
Thanks and Cheers!
- CraigNT

Yes - it's a known bug/issue that has been reported to the devs - hopefully they'll get it addressed soon.

#64 CraigNT54

CraigNT54

Posted 02 February 2015 - 16:07

Thanks Panthercules for the reply! It's a little bit of a bother in an otherwise tremendously awesome flightsim, and I'll be patient for the fix. :D

I'll try to see it as a way of practicing on my metric conversion skills in the process! :)
Cheers!
- CraigNT

#65 Comcast111

Comcast111

Posted 02 February 2015 - 20:00

I recently installed the United edition and now I don't see any inflight icons - objects nor navigation except on the map even though I have them selected. The little arrows that point to enemy planes are gone also. And, I have been unable to change from metric to imperial. :|

#66 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 02 February 2015 - 21:56

The "I" button switches inflight icons on and off. Imperial units problem is reported by other players, if there is solution I have not seen it.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#67 WallysWorld

WallysWorld

Posted 02 February 2015 - 23:17

I got my 2d gauges sort of scattered all over the place along the bottom of the screen. Sure would like to be able to move them around like we could before 1.35.

#68 matmilne

matmilne

Posted 09 February 2015 - 23:39

would have been good to do some music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users