Mod Request - Remove ricochet tracers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 screamingdemon

screamingdemon
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:30

Gents,

I dont like and never did like this feature.I see some discussions about this but I cannot find a mod for this. Is it not possible to simply make the graphic invisible for the ricochet (bouncing) tracer??? 8-)

#2 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 02 January 2015 - 14:19

Why would you remove them? It is what fired rounds do. Fire a gun loaded with tracers and you'll see. It gives you a good sense on how far to stay away when boys are playing with such guns. And how far rounds can travel throught the earth and how far they still can go after bounced off a rock buried underneath.

#3 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:21

You can see ricochets on good quality WWII gun cam footage. Several videos out there of strafing runs.

#4 screamingdemon

screamingdemon
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 16 January 2015 - 14:15

Ok Gents.

So I was rethinking what I do not like about this feature. After watching some WWII movies online I can confirm what "just dont feel right".

It seems to me the problem is the bouncing smoke trail. That I believe is throwing me off.
a) it appears to be "out of scale"
b) while the bouncing tracers are visible in the few movies I watched online, it appears to me these bouncing smoke trails are not present.

So to conclude, my mod request is to:

a) either reduce the size of the bouncing smoke trails, or
b) to eliminate them completely.

I am sure I would not miss them :x

#5 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 22 January 2015 - 17:46

Ok Gents.

So I was rethinking what I do not like about this feature. After watching some WWII movies online I can confirm what "just dont feel right".

It seems to me the problem is the bouncing smoke trail. That I believe is throwing me off.
a) it appears to be "out of scale"
b) while the bouncing tracers are visible in the few movies I watched online, it appears to me these bouncing smoke trails are not present.

So to conclude, my mod request is to:

a) either reduce the size of the bouncing smoke trails, or
b) to eliminate them completely.

I am sure I would not miss them :x

I can assure you ricochets traveling through objects or soil don't lose their glow and smoke. Telling from real machine gun fire, at day or at night (where ricochets are about the freakiest thing to see when you see them coming out of the earth rather dar from the target)

Z

#6 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:20

Like to know, any way to delete this gunsmoke ricochet trail laser show when shooting to ground objects.

Attached Files

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users