• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 January 2015 - 21:25

Wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

:lol: what he said

It's nice to know that you have no idea what I do in RoF BSR :)

I don't care what you do in RoF. If you don't like online stats, don't look at them. Problem solved.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#42 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:49

I don't look at them, but my problem is (as stated earlier) that I don't think it's something that needs 777's attention, it takes effort away from more important developments.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#43 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:57

Online stats are would be important for the devs to see how their game is actually played. Knowing that they can create offerings accordingly.

Other than that, the only interessting thing is to see what folks are on the servers and how much time they spend there. Sucess seems to correlate pretty well with combat time. Thus on servers like AF you have an idea who you're up against. Yes, and you can see fuel levels of the other players and set yours accordingly if the server leaves that choice to you. And yes, on full real servers you may need some debrifing about what you really have achieved.

Regarding "whoring your way up the stats", I'd say that will only go well up to maybe 20th position on AF, because beyond there you need to be really proficient and being just an idiot won't do.

So, I don't really see it too much of an issue. What would be interesting though is doing some analysis of the stats on how effective people are and how they improve while playing. Basically, you should be able to depict the learning curve (and not the "ranking") of the player. So you could see a general pattern as well as an individual pattern. Actually I'm surprised that such hard data gets so little interest from the science side. If your job is to teach certain specific skill to personel, that would be some data I'd look at to get an idea on what is possible and what is not.

Z

#44 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 20 January 2015 - 14:04

I don't look at them, but my problem is (as stated earlier) that I don't think it's something that needs 777's attention

That's NOT what you posted earlier. You posted some nonsense about leaderboards promoting bad gameplay. In fact, some of the worst gameplay I've seen in RoF has happened on servers with the stats shut off. The key is to set up a leaderboard that encourages people to stay alive.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#45 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 20 January 2015 - 14:52

Hi Guys,
my 2 Cents:
I never missed the Leaderboard, but I really, really miss all the beautiful trophies ( a lot of 'em, I never got the chance to earn) and my personal record inside the GUI of the game like it was before.
It would be nice to see, how many hours I spent cruising the sky and kissing the mud and hide my plane in my hanger behind all those beautiful pieces of design and artwork the devs made while creating the trophies.

:S!:
Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz watercooled with be-Quiet Silent Loop 240, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 7,5cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#46 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 January 2015 - 18:14

In fact, some of the worst gameplay I've seen in RoF has happened on servers with the stats shut off. The key is to set up a leaderboard that encourages people to stay alive.

I disagree with that BSR, most of the idiotic gameplay I have seen is on Stats On servers, in fact a lot of those sort of people won't even touch stats off servers (which is why nowadays I tend to gravitate towards them). I have been playing on Wargrounds a lot lately and it's the usual, vulching, spawncamping, ramming, shouldershooting, etc… that you would see every day on Flying Circuis or Aces Falling (both stats on servers BTW.)… just with a larger map, I even got shot up a number of times by my own teammates (7 times I think) just in the last few days (by the same two people).

If they got rid of the score entirely and based it upon kill streaks only, I think it might encourage some of the stat whores to fly better, but I don't think that's going to happen. Since there is basically no ground fire there's really no reason for those sort of people to fly at realistic altitudes. I think the bigger issue would be for 777 to figure out how to add more objects in the game so we can actually have some decent AAA on the ground.

#47 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 20 January 2015 - 18:23

In fact, some of the worst gameplay I've seen in RoF has happened on servers with the stats shut off. The key is to set up a leaderboard that encourages people to stay alive.

I disagree with that BSR, most of the idiotic gameplay I have seen is on Stats On servers, in fact a lot of those sort of people won't even touch stats off servers (which is why nowadays I tend to gravitate towards them). I have been playing on Wargrounds a lot lately and it's the usual, vulching, spawncamping, ramming, shouldershooting, etc… that you would see every day on Flying Circuis or Aces Falling (both stats on servers BTW.)… just with a larger map, I even got shot up a number of times by my own teammates (7 times I think) just in the last few days (by the same two people).

If they got rid of the score entirely and based it upon kill streaks only, I think it might encourage some of the stat whores to fly better, but I don't think that's going to happen. Since there is basically no ground fire there's really no reason for those sort of people to fly at realistic altitudes. I think the bigger issue would be for 777 to figure out how to add more objects in the game so we can actually have some decent AAA on the ground.

You must not have been playing on the original New Wings servers prior to them turning on the stats. It was a lot worse than anything that happens in there now. I've also been in the New Wings training server within the last few months. 3 people were kicked out for acting like asshats in the short time I was there.

The people who are acting like asshats in Wargrounds now are people who don't care about their stats. There is nothing that can be done about that on an open server.

Free Plank!

#48 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 20 January 2015 - 19:21

By the way, the only thing that more AAA does is increase the complaining by bomber pilots. They don't fly higher. They don't stop making repeat passes on the same target until they're shot down. They don't attack in groups to overwhelm the defenses. They don't change anything other than the level of complaining.

Free Plank!

#49 DMS-Mk1

DMS-Mk1

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:32

As a bomber I would be happy to see a lot of MGs at front line. So to fly at 200m would be not safe.

#50 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 02 February 2015 - 14:36

What has that got to do with having a Leaderboard?

Its about the activity on the multiplayer servers which will get influenced all us "stat whores" bought the game that comes with an official leaderboard which is "broken" for some time now.
If you think you can get everyone to fly historically correct all the time because there ia no leaderboard, youre totally missing the point of the discussion here.

Here one for you Liberator, go fly a normal Flight Simulator, no ramming , no bitching, no score and no leaderboard!

My point is, why do people give half a %@$# about some stupid numbers? Is flying airplanes not fun enough? Are you telling me that you refuse to play because you can't see your name as
number two thousand whatever on a leaderboard? If numbers is what keeps you playing then you obviously have no interest in WW1 biplanes, and should try playing a game where you can just click and get points, or maybe try War Thunder,:S!:

There's many more things they could be working on other than a useless leaderboard.

PS. if it influences "stat whores" I'm cool with that, if they leave, it will be more fun :D

Dont forget the forum whores! :lol:

#51 FragelGT_

FragelGT_

Posted 02 February 2015 - 15:58

I have been playing on Wargrounds a lot lately and it's the usual, vulching, spawncamping, ramming, shouldershooting, etc… that you would see every day on Flying Circuis or Aces Falling (both stats on servers BTW.)… just with a larger map, I even got shot up a number of times by my own teammates (7 times I think) just in the last few days (by the same two people).

If they got rid of the score entirely and based it upon kill streaks only, I think it might encourage some of the stat whores to fly better

Those "shoulder shooters" are flying much more effective then you are, as they're the ones getting the "kills", you might want to spend more time in the "practice" servers to become an "efficient" pilot, so that you get that "kill" first. :S!:

#52 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 02 February 2015 - 16:20

I have been playing on Wargrounds a lot lately and it's the usual, vulching, spawncamping, ramming, shouldershooting, etc… that you would see every day on Flying Circuis or Aces Falling (both stats on servers BTW.)… just with a larger map, I even got shot up a number of times by my own teammates (7 times I think) just in the last few days (by the same two people).

If they got rid of the score entirely and based it upon kill streaks only, I think it might encourage some of the stat whores to fly better

Those "shoulder shooters" are flying much more effective then you are, as they're the ones getting the "kills", you might want to spend more time in the "practice" servers to become an "efficient" pilot, so that you get that "kill" first. :S!:
That is not true when you have people like this
I don't really care what people think or say when I shoot past them

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#53 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 February 2015 - 17:59

I'm pretty content with how I fly, if you need to have bigger numbers on your score to feel good about your flying then go ahead and shoulder shoot, I'm not gonna stick around and fight you for the kill… I already know that I shot him down. :S!:

#54 FragelGT_

FragelGT_

Posted 02 February 2015 - 22:39

I already know that I shot him down. :S!:

I agree with you Lib, and I was just stroking previous posters ego… although at your expense( I apologize). You know me better, I dislike shoulder shooters as well! You know you have the guy when he's trailing smoke/fuel and out of control heading… err falling to the deck and some yahoo…fires a couple into the "falling heap" and gets the kill! And tat same "hero" yahoo is the first to run when another or more of the faller's comrades' show up. :S!:

Not sure why I made the original post/response to you…could be I took a sip from the "cool-aid" jug, temporary lapse in judgement, not to mention that cool-aid was very weak! ;)

#55 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 05 February 2015 - 15:23

Best way to deal with shouldershooters is to shouldershoot that person as well, and normally they get the message. With all the new mouse flyers it could get worse.
The groundfire also steals kills, but its the same for everybody.
But please back to topic!

Leaderboard for Multiplayer is still not operating

#56 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:02

If they do get it working again, I hope they carry out at least five digits so I can find my name among the other StatVirgins.

LP <><

#57 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 09 February 2015 - 00:27

If they do get it working again, I hope they carry out at least five digits so I can find my name among the other StatVirgins.

LP <><

Now THATS funny :lol:

With most of the servers having their own stats pages, I really don't feel the need for a global leader board.I don't see it improving MP at all.

Problem I see with stats is it's too damn easy to "game" them. Look at Wargrounds… since they changed the scoring a few weeks back, all guys are doing now is coming in and destroying the trains and tanks over and over again. You can be the top scoring pilot in an Alby or Se5 without getting a single air kill.Are more players joining the server? I guess so because I've never seen some of these names before, but has it improved gameplay in the server… No.

Even in Syndicate,(where scoring is handled much better IMHO), you can spend endless hours in an empty server and rack up loads of points.

My thought is, don't put too much stock in points,because some yahoo is going to figure out how to get more without really doing anything. Check your accuracy ratings,Combat effectiveness,kill to death ratio and things like that. That will let you know more about how you are improving than the amount of points you can score.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#58 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 09 February 2015 - 14:46

Whats funny is that many private game servers have stats but 777 cant seem to get theirs going!
:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users