I've not been engaging in the career mode all that long (September 1st to 4th, 1916 -
Belgian service, Channel)
, but I do have some questions.
1. If one starts on September 1st, 1916, it should be possible to complete the 500 mission requirement for the DSO's highest grade, yes? Because I am aware that not every day gives your pilot a mission, and it could be several days between missions, like it was with Red Baron.
Also, as 500 missions seems to be the highest number required for any award with such a requirement, if it really is possible to obtain such an award's highest grade, then the other mission requirements should be fairly attainable. Also, I like that it does take some time to earn some, in addition to being realistic, it would mean you don't really run out of medals to gain until quite some time later (and perhaps not even then).
2. For the DFC, how much harder are the requirements for anyone at full Lieutenant and above?
3. And, though this may seem a silly question I think it's best to make absolutely certain, I take it the British DSC (ship requirement) can only be earned on the Channel map?
4. And, how long, in ingame time, does it take for each downed balloon to respawn?
5. About promotions, like with awards, here, is there an official promotion points info topic? Because, I'd like to know how many points it takes to get promoted for all the tiers' ranks.
1. Yes, it should be possible. The DSO with Two Bars was earned by only a handful of pilots, so you've done very well if you have earned it.
3. Correct, ships only show up on the Channel map.