How to earn awards & cover yourself in glory in Career Mode

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#41 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 03 January 2015 - 22:59

What are the conditions for promotion? Can't find it anywhere, just medals.

It's based just on how many points you have. I'm not sure how much are required for each promotion, as that's something I cannot adjust.

#42 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:22

For Belgian Crox de Guerre, can somebody tell me exactly how many variations of it there are? With French I know because of the poster, but how does it look like with Belgian one? What is after Croix de Guerre with bronze palm, silver palm, golden palm and bronze lion?

7 total variations, with the "Croix de Guerre with Bronze Palm, Silver Palm, Gold Palm, Bronze Lion, Silver Lion, and Gold Lion" being the highest.

#43 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:12

For Belgian Crox de Guerre, can somebody tell me exactly how many variations of it there are? With French I know because of the poster, but how does it look like with Belgian one? What is after Croix de Guerre with bronze palm, silver palm, golden palm and bronze lion?

7 total variations, with the "Croix de Guerre with Bronze Palm, Silver Palm, Gold Palm, Bronze Lion, Silver Lion, and Gold Lion" being the highest.

Hmmm, so it seems like three more missions like the ones I had before (with 3 kills per mission), and by the fourth I will finally, FINALLY, get that bloody Second Class.

#44 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 04 January 2015 - 17:06

Well, I tried, and still nothing. Could it be that Military Decoration for Gallantry You get only after You complete Croix de Guerre, or You have to be an Officer to get it?

#45 Rashmeister

Rashmeister

Posted 04 January 2015 - 17:28

What are the conditions for promotion? Can't find it anywhere, just medals.

It's based just on how many points you have. I'm not sure how much are required for each promotion, as that's something I cannot adjust.

Ok, Thx for the info Luke.

#46 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:11

Well, I tried, and still nothing. Could it be that Military Decoration for Gallantry You get only after You complete Croix de Guerre, or You have to be an Officer to get it?

Not sure. The Second Class award for Gallantry should be given if (1) you earned no other awards during the mission and (2) you scored at least three aircraft victories on one mission. None of the Belgian awards are based on the pilot's rank.

#47 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 05 January 2015 - 17:39

Not sure. The Second Class award for Gallantry should be given if (1) you earned no other awards during the mission and (2) you scored at least three aircraft victories on one mission. None of the Belgian awards are based on the pilot's rank.

Well, I tried it again. Once again I got three kills - just like the requirements say - and still nothing. And I didn't get anything else for that patrol.
You want to know something more weird - I got the final Belgian Croix de Guerre after scoring 29 kills, even though the requirements say '30 kills needed'.

So either something is wrong here or…. ekhm… This Game is Shitting Me! (Cut to the image of 'Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition' box popping it's owner out of it's back, with proper sounds) If You familiar with AVGN, then You might probably get the idea behind my allusion.

#48 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 06 January 2015 - 16:34

Hey, LukeFF, a thought just came to my mind about this whole medal awarding fiasco… I had similar situations for the British, where I didn't get Victoria Cross, even though I should. Maybe this is some kind of a glitch that makes some of the medals not work as they should. How else can You explain the fact one may gain 3 kills in one mission 3 times in a row, and still not get the medal?

Might be worth checking it out.

#49 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 06 January 2015 - 17:41

Hey, LukeFF, a thought just came to my mind about this whole medal awarding fiasco… I had similar situations for the British, where I didn't get Victoria Cross, even though I should. Maybe this is some kind of a glitch that makes some of the medals not work as they should. How else can You explain the fact one may gain 3 kills in one mission 3 times in a row, and still not get the medal?

Might be worth checking it out.

HQ just doesn't like you :lol:

;)

Z

#50 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 06 January 2015 - 21:52

Yes, there may be glitch. If anyone else has experienced this, please post the details here.

#51 Rashmeister

Rashmeister

Posted 08 January 2015 - 00:06

What about the Hindenburg Cross, or is that one removed from game? Couldn't find it among your list of german medals LukeFF.

#52 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:30

What about the Hindenburg Cross, or is that one removed from game? Couldn't find it among your list of german medals LukeFF.

It's the same as WW1 Victory Medals for the Allies. To win it, You must finish a career on 11th of November, 1918.

#53 Rashmeister

Rashmeister

Posted 08 January 2015 - 21:10

It's the same as WW1 Victory Medals for the Allies. To win it, You must finish a career on 11th of November, 1918.

Ah, of course. Thx! :)

#54 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:54

Well, I flew an Alarm Patrol for the Belgium, got three kills and returned to base… and still no Military Decoration for Gallantry Second Class. And there were no other awards gained.

So either this really is some sort of a glitch… or the Requirements descritpions got it wrong.

#55 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 15 January 2015 - 19:20

Well, I tried again for the Belgian Military Decoration for Gallantry 2nd class, got 3 kills in one mission, finished the flight in air, and still nothing.

This part of awards is also glitched, and needs a fix… End of story.

#56 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 17 January 2015 - 21:30

Well, I made a career for a French recon-squadron, and I finished it… in 5 minutes. And I got a French WW1 Victory Medal for literally doing Nothing! All because I was given a scheduled flight.

It makes me laugh…

#57 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 20 January 2015 - 21:09

Well, once again trying to gain that one Belgian medal that requires 3 kills in one mission to get it. Got 3 kills, and nothing - but this time I got Order of Leopold 2. Requirements- 45 kills, my kills as Belgian - 43.

What the heck is going on here? Did the game counted 4 balloons as kills, too? And why is that bloody decoration not working?

Sorry, I got kinda hyper at the moment.

#58 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:43

Balloons are counted as aerial victories, yes.

#59 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 24 January 2015 - 17:02

Once again from the scratch a a bomber career for 2nd Naval Squadron, I started as 2nd Lieutenant, seeing now that it will take a lot of time to get promoted in bombers. I got a mission to bomb the port, I sunk the U-boot, and finally got that DSC. And here is the kicker - the description of it still talks about fighting the aircrafts, not ships.

So it kinda sounds like something the developers had made out (That to win it You must scuttle enemy ships), especially since among historical recipients there is Roy Brown, who as far as I know, never fought ships.

#60 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:03

I've explained what the deal is with the DSC. As for the award description, it's how I want it to be.

#61 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:16

Issues with medals should be sorted out in 1.035.

#62 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:23

Issues with medals should be sorted out in 1.035.

Any theory when it will be released?

#63 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 31 January 2015 - 20:07

Well, adventures with Bomber Career we continue. For the first time in this career I flew Airco DH 4, I had to bomb the factory near Bruges, after a few turn I got for a drop (first time cloud covered the target), I had managed to score 7 buildings destroyed, then I went on some killing spree, shooting down three Albatros D.IIIs fighters and two balloons, before choosing to finish the flight. And for that flight I got a Victoria Cross with a Bar.

Wrap Your head about that. Is that even possible? Or is it the result of the Medal/Trophie Awards' glitch?

#64 Tempest5

Tempest5

Posted 31 January 2015 - 23:27

I can't access the aircraft awards badges when clicking the new mini award icon at top. That is what is going to be fixed in the next patch?

Never mind I figured out how to access the page.

#65 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 01 February 2015 - 00:47

Well, adventures with Bomber Career we continue. For the first time in this career I flew Airco DH 4, I had to bomb the factory near Bruges, after a few turn I got for a drop (first time cloud covered the target), I had managed to score 7 buildings destroyed, then I went on some killing spree, shooting down three Albatros D.IIIs fighters and two balloons, before choosing to finish the flight. And for that flight I got a Victoria Cross with a Bar.

Wrap Your head about that. Is that even possible? Or is it the result of the Medal/Trophie Awards' glitch?

Considering it sounds like you're playing with unlimited ammo, then yes.

#66 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:53

Considering it sounds like you're playing with unlimited ammo, then yes.

Well, guess what, I didn't. I stopped playing with unlimited fuel and ammunition for career mode or quick missions long ago.

#67 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 07 February 2015 - 00:14

Quote: 'an exceptionally good ground or ship attack mission'

What does it exactly mean? One Bomb, One hit on Every mission?

#68 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:54

It's a secret. :)

#69 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:07

It's a secret. :)

Heheheheheh… I guess I know what it is. That mission from a career I once again deleted because I lost patience to Strutters, when I scored 3 Albies 3, 2 balloons but first 7 buildings destroyed. That is an exceptionally good bombing mission.

And how I did it? I aimed for reservoirs - One bomb between them is enough to start a chain reaction.

And once again, I did it without 'Unlimited Ammunition' (and bombs).

#70 Fazer

Fazer

Posted 12 March 2015 - 13:33

Luke,

I took the liberty to put your awards compendium in a PDF. Maybe Panthercules could post it in the new useful material section.

Let me know what You think, and if I've done something wrong.

:icon_e_salute:

Fazer.

Attached Files

#71 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:11

Luke,

I took the liberty to put your awards compendium in a PDF. Maybe Panthercules could post it in the new useful material section.

Let me know what You think, and if I've done something wrong.

Fazer.

If Luke says this is accurate and useful I'll be happy to add it to my alternative Useful Materials page (I'd have to check with the devs before putting it on the "official" Useful Materials page, but I'd be happy to do that too).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#72 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 13 March 2015 - 18:09

Let me check this with the latest file I sent VikS, as I did make a couple of changes to the file since I first started topic. Thanks for doing this, Fazer! :)

#73 Fazer

Fazer

Posted 13 March 2015 - 19:27

Let me check this with the latest file I sent VikS, as I did make a couple of changes to the file since I first started topic. Thanks for doing this, Fazer! :)

It's nothing, compared to your work improving the Career. ;)

Let me know if there are modification to do, and I'll update the file.

Fazer.

#74 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:49

It's nothing, compared to your work improving the Career. ;)

Let me know if there are modification to do, and I'll update the file.

Fazer.

Cool, thanks! It might be a little while before I can get to this, as I am busy with the IL-2 BoS manual right now, but I will make sure to look at it.

#75 Max-Klinghoffer

Max-Klinghoffer
  • LocationWA ST USA

Posted 27 August 2015 - 14:34

Great effort, explains alot :)

"You have the satisfaction of knowing you have served the Fatherland"-The Blue Max

Photo-Max Ritter von Mulzer, 10 victories, KIA 9/26/16, Valenciennes, France

#76 AdelzAKHARY

AdelzAKHARY

Posted 20 October 2015 - 16:24

I would have liked to get the blue max. 

#77 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 20 October 2015 - 19:22

I would have liked to get the blue max. 

You can - that is just the slang expression for the Pour le Merite which is one of the German awards in the game: needs quite a lot of air victories to get it. 

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#78 AdelzAKHARY

AdelzAKHARY

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:24

Ah thanks unreasonable. I should have known :) 

#79 KurtZibling

KurtZibling
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:11

It may be a little late, but I humbly I feel it would be better if the Germanic awards followed the traditional Red Baron style system, at least up to a certain level.

If the HHO was gvien for 10 kills, and the PLM was for 20 kills, then the other higher orders after this (up to Red Eagle Order) could be harder to attain, based on numbers of missions.

That way we could have the traditional kill-based German ace progression of IC2, IC1, HHO and PLM, then to earn the prestige medals would involve completing many sorties.

I do accept that many aces out there will rack up many kills and earn the early medals fast, but some of us like to role play and take it easy. Winning the medals the same as the aces did.

I think waiting till I get 70 kills to get the PLM (due to mission requirements) is a bit immersion-breaking. If German a pilot kills ten planes in one day, he deserves recognition, in the form of medals.

Loving RoF so much, but moving the third and fourth German medals back to kill based awards would make the game perfect for me.

The later mission-based awards make me want to keep striving, as they give you a reward to aim for, once you have the coveted PLM...

Just my view on the current situation.

#80 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:00

We did have many versions of that before. Problem with German orders is, anything higher than Iron Cross, 2nd Class in career was awarder only to officers. And getting field promotion to officer for NCO is much harder than getting these orders is for officer (again, historical). The effect was, the moment your Feldwebel got promoted to Lieutnant in 1916/early 1917, he found all German orders up to Red Eagle in his mailbox - a complete immersion killer. Much of other tweaking is limited by career engine.

(And I think the lower level awards are quite meaningless; after Battle of Somme, how many German soldiers got themselveds transferred to aviation, then to Jasta/Jagdschule, without earning Iron Cross 2nd Class beforehead? This medal should be given before pilots badge...) 

I miss the old system where you needed 400 kills to get Pour le Merite; kills are so easy to get in career that calculating your "real" score by dividing your career kills by ten makes career much more plausible. 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users