How to earn awards & cover yourself in glory in Career Mode

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 19 December 2014 - 17:51

Ok, so now that the awards file for career mode is finally how I want it to be, I can finally write up my guide to how one can go about earning the various awards.

Just some notes here before we begin:
  • ”Missions Completed” means missions where the player has completed the primary objective. This is different from “missions flown,” where the game just looks at how many times you have gone out on a mission, regardless of whether or not the objective was completed.
  • ”Ground Targets” are all targets that are not ships or buildings - that is, vehicles, railcars, guns, and tanks (though I think tanks are not a ground target present anywhere, unfortunately).
  • ”Building facilities” are a group of…buildings that the player has destroyed. These are railyards, supply dumps, factory complexes, and naval facilities.

Ok then, on to the medals:

France:

Legion of Honor (Knight):
  • Eligibility: all pilots from France, Great Britain, United States, and Belgium
  • Requirement: 50 missions completed
Legion of Honor (Officer):
  • Eligibility: all pilots from France
  • Requirement: 200 missions completed
Croix de Guerre:
  • Eligibility: all pilots from France. Pilots from the US and Great Britain can earn the first three grades.
  • Requirements: increasing number of targets destroyed, based on the grade of the medal. The lowest level requires one of the following: 1 aircraft destroyed, 1 ship sunk, 1 building facility destroyed, or 5 ground targets destroyed. The highest grade requires one of the following: 75 aircraft destroyed, 16 ships sunk, 16 building facilities destroyed, or 375 ground targets destroyed.

Great Britain:

Military Cross:
  • Eligibility: all British officers below the rank of Major, up to 31 March 1918*
  • Requirements: 25 missions completed, plus one of the following: 5 aircraft destroyed, 25 ground targets destroyed, or 1 building facility destroyed.
*This award was meant only for Royal Flying Corps pilots. However, since the RFC and RNAS are not separate branches in the game, the Military Cross functions as the base-level award for all British pilots.

Military Cross with Bar:
  • Eligibility: all British officers below the rank of Major, up to 31 March 1918*
  • Requirements: 45 missions completed, plus one of the following: 15 aircraft destroyed, 75 ground targets destroyed, or 3 building facilities destroyed.
*This award was meant only for Royal Flying Corps pilots. However, since the RFC and RNAS are not separate branches in the game, the Military Cross functions as the base-level award for all British pilots.

Military Cross with 2 Bars:
  • Requirements: 75 missions completed, plus one of the following: 25 aircraft destroyed, 125 ground targets destroyed, or 5 building facilities destroyed.

Distinguished Service Cross:
  • Eligibility: all British officers, up to 31 March 1918*
  • Requirement: 1 ship sunk
*In reality, this award was awarded only to naval officers and was the equivalent to the Army’s Military Cross. However, since the game does not have a separate branch for the Royal Naval Air service, the single requirement for this award is intended to be as “naval” as possible. Essentially, if the player has sunk a ship, they are most likely flying for a RNAS squad, anyways.

Distinguished Service Cross with Bar:
  • Requirement: 3 ships sunk
*In reality, this award was awarded only to naval officers and was the equivalent to the Army’s Military Cross. However, since the game does not have a separate branch for the Royal Naval Air service, the single requirement for this award is intended to be as “naval” as possible. Essentially, if the player has sunk a ship, they are most likely flying for a RNAS squad, anyways.

Distinguished Service Cross with 2 Bars:
  • Requirement: 5 ships sunk

Distinguished Flying Cross:
  • Eligibility: all British officers, from 3 June 1918
  • Requirements: 25 missions completed, plus one of the following: 5 aircraft destroyed, 1 ship sunk, 25 ground targets destroyed, or 1 building facility destroyed as a Second Lieutenant. Requirements are harder for higher ranks.
Distinguished Flying Cross with Bar:
  • Requirements: 45 missions completed, plus one of the following: 15 aircraft destroyed, 3 ships sunk, 75 ground targets destroyed, or 3 building facilities destroyed as a Second Lieutenant. Requirements are harder for higher ranks.

Distinguished Flying Cross with 2 Bars:
  • Requirements: 75 missions completed, plus one of the following: 25 aircraft destroyed, 5 ships sunk, 125 ground targets destroyed, or 5 building facilities destroyed as a Second Lieutenant. Requirements are harder for higher ranks.
Distinguished Service Order:
  • Eligibility: all British officers
  • Requirement: 75 missions completed
Distinguished Service Order with Bar:
  • Requirement: 225 missions completed
Distinguished Service Order with 2 Bars:
  • Requirement: 500 missions completed
Victoria Cross:
  • Eligibility: all British pilots
  • Requirements: one of the following: 60 aircraft destroyed, 5 aircraft shot down on one mission, or an exceptionally good ground or ship attack mission

Victoria Cross with Bar:
  • Eligibility: all British pilots who already have the Victoria Cross
  • Requirements: one of the following: 80 aircraft destroyed, 8 aircraft shot down on one mission, or an exceptionally good ground or ship attack mission

Air Force Cross:
  • Requirement: 100 missions flown

Air Force Cross with Bar:
  • Requirement: 200 missions flown

Air Force Cross with 2 Bars:
  • Requirement: 400 missions flown

United States:

Distinguished Service Cross:
  • Eligibility: all American pilots
  • Requirements: increasing number of targets destroyed, based on the grade of the medal. The lowest level requires one of the following: 1 aircraft destroyed, 1 ship sunk, 1 building facility destroyed, or 5 ground targets destroyed. The highest grade requires one of the following: 50 aircraft destroyed, 11 ships sunk, 11 building facilities destroyed, or 250 ground targets destroyed.

Medal of Honor:
  • Eligibility: all American pilots
  • Requirements: one of the following: 65 aircraft destroyed, 5 aircraft shot down on one mission, or an exceptionally good ground or ship attack mission

Belgium:

Volunteer Combatant Medal:
  • Eligibility: all Belgian pilots
  • Requirement: 30 missions flown

Croix de Guerre:
  • Requirements: increasing number of targets destroyed, based on the grade of the medal. The lowest level requires one of the following: 1 aircraft destroyed, 1 ship sunk, 1 building facility destroyed, 5 ground targets destroyed, or 5 missions completed. The highest grade requires one of the following: 30 aircraft destroyed, 7 ships sunk, 7 building facilities destroyed, 150 ground targets destroyed, or 150 missions completed

Military Decoration for Gallantry (Second Class):
  • Requirements: 3 aircraft shot down on one mission or an exceptionally good ground or ship attack mission

Military Decoration for Gallantry (First Class):
  • Eligibility: all Belgian pilots who already have the lower grade of this medal
  • Requirements: 5 aircraft shot down on one mission or an exceptionally good ground or ship attack mission

Order of Leopold II:
  • Requirements: one of the following: 45 aircraft destroyed, 9 ships sunk, 9 building facilities destroyed, 225 ground objects destroyed, or 225 missions completed

Order of the Crown:
  • Requirements: one of the following: 60 aircraft destroyed, 12 ships sunk, 12 building facilities destroyed, 300 ground objects destroyed, or 300 missions completed

Order of Leopold:
  • Requirements: one of the following: 75 aircraft destroyed, 15 ships sunk, 15 building facilities destroyed, 375 ground objects destroyed, or 375 missions completed

Germany:

Pilot’s Badge:
  • Eligibility: all German pilots
  • Requirement: 1 mission completed

Iron Cross 2nd Class:
  • Requirements: one of the following: 1 aircraft destroyed, 1 ship sunk, 1 building facility destroyed, or 5 ground targets destroyed

Iron Cross 1st Class:
  • Requirements: one of the following: 5 aircraft destroyed, 2 ships sunk, 2 building facilities destroyed, or 25 ground targets destroyed

Knight’s Cross with Swords of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern:
  • Eligibility: all German officers
  • Requirements: 30 missions completed, plus one of the following: 10 aircraft destroyed, 3 ships sunk, 3 building facilities destroyed, or 50 ground targets destroyed

Pour le Merite:
  • Requirements: 60 missions completed, plus one of the following: 20 aircraft destroyed, 4 ships sunk, 4 building facilities destroyed, or 100 ground targets destroyed

Knight’s Cross of the Military Order of Maximilian-Joseph:
  • Requirements: 90 missions completed, plus one of the following: 30 aircraft destroyed, 6 ships sunk, 6 building facilities destroyed, or 150 ground targets destroyed

Knight’s Cross of Order of St. Henry:
  • Requirements: 135 missions completed, plus one of the following: 45 aircraft destroyed, 9 ships sunk, 9 building facilities destroyed, or 225 ground targets destroyed

Commander Second Class Military Cross of Order of St. Henry:
  • Requirements: 165 missions completed, plus one of the following: 55 aircraft destroyed, 11 ships sunk, 11 building facilities destroyed, or 275 ground targets destroyed

Order of the Red Eagle:
  • Requirements: 210 missions completed, plus one of the following: 70 aircraft destroyed, 14 ships sunk, 14 building facilities destroyed, or 350 ground targets destroyed

Black Wound Badge:
  • Eligibility: all German pilots, from 3 March 1918
  • Requirement: wounded in action 1 time

Silver Wound Badge:
  • Requirement: wounded in action 3 times

Gold Wound Badge:
  • Requirement: wounded in action 5 times

#2 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 19 December 2014 - 19:02

Thank you Luke!

#3 Endy

Endy

Posted 19 December 2014 - 19:32

Wow, you've been busy with that lot. Many thanks for your dedication.

#4 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 19 December 2014 - 19:48

Thanks for giving us clear criteria. Looks like the German orders may finally stop all being awarded to newly promoted officers all at once.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#5 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 20 December 2014 - 00:24

Thanks guys!

Looks like the German orders may finally stop all being awarded to newly promoted officers all at once.

Yes, that's my intent. It also adds some variation to the number of victories one has when being awarded these particular medals. It's the same idea I applied to the Military Medal, since that one as well is meant for officers only.

#6 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:14

Thx for the effort Luke. I have one note though. Aren't the conditions for german awards a bit too harsh regarding the number of missions completed (and comparing to the other nations settings) ? I mean the 1:3 ratio.
From my experience I have more like 1:2 ratio of kills to missions flown and I have been flying rather conservatively (like not attacking every plane or balloon that I encountered).
The 1:3 ratio would be fine if the AI pilots in career mode would be lets say more "skilled" and one will have to think whether to attack or not because now it often really feels like shooting down flying school attendants on their first solo flight.
It can be also achieved by making encounters with enemy flights less frequent. I'll be fine with that solution but this can be boring for other players.
Or making the battles with enemy more indecisive so for example a battle of 5 on 5 will not lead to destruction of 80% of all planes on both sides but maybe 1, 2 or 3 overall. But this is more about tweaking the AI.

The conclusion is that german medals settings look more unhistorical (not the number of kills) to me because more skilled players or let's say ROF veterans will accumulate victories more quickly before hitting the 60 missions completed requirement for PLM (for example). So they can have like 40-50 victories before the PLM is awarded. The same stands for other german awards.
The 1:3 ratio is maybe fine for ROF novices or less skilled players (no offense meant). A ratio of 1:2,25 would be more suitable for both groups but that is just my opinion.

Other nations settings look fine to me.

#7 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:15

Does that mean this is the end of the awards' criterias variations over time, ie increase of the number of victories to get the PLM in 1918?
Thanks for the infos though.

#8 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 20 December 2014 - 14:23

The conclusion is that german medals settings look more unhistorical (not the number of kills) to me because more skilled players or let's say ROF veterans will accumulate victories more quickly before hitting the 60 missions completed requirement for PLM (for example). So they can have like 40-50 victories before the PLM is awarded. The same stands for other german awards.
The 1:3 ratio is maybe fine for ROF novices or less skilled players (no offense meant). A ratio of 1:2,25 would be more suitable for both groups but that is just my opinion.

Other nations settings look fine to me.

Well, it's unhistorical for GHQ and emperor Wilhelm to award pilot a rare and exclusive order or two each day. Victories needed confirmation, then award of the order needed approval, and you weren't even considered for award of Pour le Merite if papers needed to award you House of Hohenzollern were still waiting for approval. The way German military worked, pilots often waited for weeks or more for awards and promotions they deserved (some people didn't get Pour le Merite even through they deserved it because emperor abdicated before applications were processed). Some sorties between awards will well represent the beaurocratic lag.

Besides, if you don't start career as officer, you will get these missions completed just earning the promotion.

I've made a September 1916 Jasta 4 career recently just to fly Halberstadt D.II, and went for every Lone Patrol I could to get most mileage of three months the squadron is flying the plane. Under historical 1916 rules, I got Pour le Merite on September 1st, and most if not all German decorations by September 7th. I'm so restarting it to earn them again under new rules :).

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#9 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 20 December 2014 - 16:23

Well, it's unhistorical for GHQ and emperor Wilhelm to award pilot a rare and exclusive order or two each day. Victories needed confirmation, then award of the order needed approval, and you weren't even considered for award of Pour le Merite if papers needed to award you House of Hohenzollern were still waiting for approval. The way German military worked, pilots often waited for weeks or more for awards and promotions they deserved (some people didn't get Pour le Merite even through they deserved it because emperor abdicated before applications were processed). Some sorties between awards will well represent the beaurocratic lag.

Yes, I get your point with the beaurocracy element. Pilots didn't get the PLM right after stepping from cockpit after gaining their 20th kill.
Maybe 777 could add to the award description something like: For recognition of your 20th kill on (insert date) Kaiser has approved the award of PLM bla bla…
So even if pilot receive it (physically) in a time he has over 30 kills, it would be mentioned in description that he got it for 20 kills. I think it would be quite a nice addition to the career. :)

I've made a September 1916 Jasta 4 career recently just to fly Halberstadt D.II, and went for every Lone Patrol I could to get most mileage of three months the squadron is flying the plane. Under historical 1916 rules, I got Pour le Merite on September 1st, and most if not all German decorations by September 7th. I'm so restarting it to earn them again under new rules :).
So you had to score several dozens of kills in a week with that september 1916 career if you got almost all awards. :0o:
I presume that you are flying at full realism settings being a ROF veteran. This is also something I wrote about in my post…AI is too easy to kill if you were able to accumulate that many victories in such short time :?

Well, my most recent german career before these Luke's award changes was with the Jasta 4 too. But I started in May 1918. I'm playing at almost full realism with the exception of the engine settings (mixture etc..)

Promotions and awards went like this: (I started as Leutnant and played rather cautiously not attacking every plane/balloon and not doing lone wolf patrols)

Mission 7 (23.5.1918) / 1st kill / Iron cross 2nd class
Mission 12 (26.5.1918) / 5th kill / Iron cross 1st class
Mission 20 (30.5.1918) / 9th kill / promotion to Oberleutnant
Mission 23 (5.6.1918) / 10th to 12th kill / Royal House Order of Hohenzollern
Mission 33 (19.6.1918) / 16th & 17th kill / Pour le Merite (I was surprised that I got it for 17 kills in 1918)
Mission 40 (25.6.1918) / 20 kills at the time / promotion to Hauptmann
Mission 46 (3.7.1918) / 24th & 25th kill / Military Order of Max-Joseph
Mission 79 (10.9.1918) / 40th to 42nd kill / Knights Cross of the Military Order of St.Henry
Mission 86 (29.9.1918) / 50th kill / Commander's Cross 2nd Class of the Military Order of St.Henry

So this wasn't that much unhistorical regarding both ICs, Hohenzollern and PLM. With current settings I would get the PLM around 30th kill as those 60 missions must be finished as successful. Some of them probably weren't. That will be still ok from historical point of view, I admit. So that is why I wrote that a lower ratio of 1:2,25 or 1:2,5 would be perhaps a bit better then 1:3

I would be very fine even with 100 misions and 20 kills for PLM if the AI was much more challenging.
That way you wouldn't certainly get tens of kills in a week in your 1916 career but maybe 1 kill in every 5 missions. :S!:

#10 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 20 December 2014 - 18:28

Does that mean this is the end of the awards' criterias variations over time, ie increase of the number of victories to get the PLM in 1918?
Thanks for the infos though.

It is, mainly because my efforts at this were causing a lot of crashes with the game. So, instead I tried to scale the difficulty of earning these awards with how difficult it was in reality to earn them.

One will see, though, that the Distinguished Flying Cross requirements are based on rank. I set it up like this, because as a base-level award that replaces the Military Cross, players who have had a British career running well before June 1918 would otherwise essentially need to do nothing to earn the DFC once the award appears in the game.

#11 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 20 December 2014 - 18:36

Besides, if you don't start career as officer, you will get these missions completed just earning the promotion.

And that's the biggest reason for re-configuring the German orders. Players who start out as an Unteroffizier will be handed a bunch of the orders the day they are promoted to Leutnant, which looks really bad.

A secondary effect of this requirement is that it forces the player to stick to the mission objectives and not go off on their own in search of fame and honor.

#12 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 20 December 2014 - 18:38

Maybe 777 could add to the award description something like: For recognition of your 20th kill on (insert date) Kaiser has approved the award of PLM bla bla…
So even if pilot receive it (physically) in a time he has over 30 kills, it would be mentioned in description that he got it for 20 kills. I think it would be quite a nice addition to the career. :)

I agree that would be nice. If/when there is another update to ROF I'll ask VikS if this can be worked in. The code is already there, since certain details about your pilot's biography are dependent on what the player chooses.

#13 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 20 December 2014 - 18:42

Jorren, while I agree about the AI, we have to remember that not all players (including myself) are as skilled at shooting down other planes, even if they are AI. So yes, on the one hand I concede and agree that more skilled players will likely not have a hard time reaching these requirements, while other players will just be happy to see one or two medals in their display case.

#14 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:31

Yup, I understand Luke. Maybe the german pilots could also get the leave after the PLM is awarded. Dunno how exactly long was it. One month or something like that. But this a bit off-topic here.

BTW something like this would be fabulous to add for the PLM award:

PLM Urkunde/Diploma
Another one

:S!:

#15 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:09

I agree, those would be nice. I have a couple of awards in mind that are meant for enlisted pilots, as well as the Wound Chevron for the Americans, so perhaps one day those can be fitted in.

#16 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:21

For the German Wound Badges, does crash landing with sustained injuries qualify?

#17 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 21 December 2014 - 17:42

For the German Wound Badges, does crash landing with sustained injuries qualify?

Yes

#18 Fazer

Fazer

Posted 21 December 2014 - 21:00

Great job Luke.

I confirm bugs fixed for Belgian top medals and French Legion of Honor.

Thanks, :S!:
Fazer.

#19 dixieflyer

dixieflyer
  • LocationCain-tuh-Kee

Posted 24 December 2014 - 19:22

I'm still kind of miffed that if I do well as a German officer and get a PLM, I don't get Ursula Andress (with her twin blazing Spandaus) as a reward. :(
Luke, could you discuss this with VikS next time this comes up? :?:

Warren

History is the lie we all agree upon.

#20 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 26 December 2014 - 20:49

I have a question - a poster I got with 'RoF: Iron Cross Edition' mentions the WW1 Victory Medal for British, American and French, and a similar one for Germans, but I forgot it's name right now.

How can You o obtain these medals? By simply surviving until 11th of November 1918?
And how long does a typical Career lasts? Until You get killed? Or is there a certain time restriction for it?

#21 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:15

And how long does a typical Career lasts? Until You get killed? Or is there a certain time restriction for it?

I cannot answer your other questions but this one is easy: the career lasts as long as you want, at least until the end of the war, because it is possible to refly a mission if you are killed.

So if you are new to the game and finding staying alive difficult you can keep going by reflying rather than having to start again when you die.

Once you have the hang of it you may find it more satisfying to play Dead-is-dead which means if yoy die, you cannot refly! This increases the tension - and the satisfaction.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#22 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:38

I have a question - a poster I got with 'RoF: Iron Cross Edition' mentions the WW1 Victory Medal for British, American and French, and a similar one for Germans, but I forgot it's name right now.

How can You o obtain these medals? By simply surviving until 11th of November 1918?

Yep

#23 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 27 December 2014 - 22:40

Well, that's weird. I went on a career for Belgian pilot, got an Escort Mission, while on it I had managed to shoot down three DFW C.Vs, and yet the game did not award me a "Military Decoration for Gallantry (Second Class)", even it's requirement says 'shoot down 3 plane in one mission'.
Did I miss something here?

btw. Those three victories were probably my best attacks on two-seater ever - two of them didn't even have a chance to shoot back.

#24 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:21

Well, that's weird. I went on a career for Belgian pilot, got an Escort Mission, while on it I had managed to shoot down three DFW C.Vs, and yet the game did not award me a "Military Decoration for Gallantry (Second Class)", even it's requirement says 'shoot down 3 plane in one mission'.
Did I miss something here?

I'll check and see if anything is wrong.

#25 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:51

Alright, I did a check. From what it sounds like, you probably earned another award on this mission. The way it is set up with these two Belgian Decorations for Gallantry is that the player only earns them if they were not eligible for any other awards, as a result of the mission just flown.

#26 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:34

Alright, I did a check. From what it sounds like, you probably earned another award on this mission. The way it is set up with these two Belgian Decorations for Gallantry is that the player only earns them if they were not eligible for any other awards, as a result of the mission just flown.

So a Bronze Palm to my Croix de Guerre I got after that mission cancelled That one?
Wow, talk about selective decorations - I thought those decorations were not conflictive with one another. Guess I was wrong, and just have to be lucky.

btw, for a British medal earned for sinking ships - Do You know, more or less, which British fighter squadrons in the Channel have higher chances of raiding shipyards or convoys?

#27 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 28 December 2014 - 21:02

So a Bronze Palm to my Croix de Guerre I got after that mission cancelled That one?
Wow, talk about selective decorations - I thought those decorations were not conflictive with one another. Guess I was wrong, and just have to be lucky.

Yeah, it's meant to keep people from earning a huge number of awards on one mission. To be fair, though, these two awards for gallantry were/are very hard to attain, and according to a Belgian who PM'd me, they are viewed as the most prestigious awards a Belgian serviceman can earn.

With that said, I may remove the "no other awards" tag for the 2nd Class version, so at least that one won't be so hard to earn.

btw, for a British medal earned for sinking ships - Do You know, more or less, which British fighter squadrons in the Channel have higher chances of raiding shipyards or convoys?

Not off the top of my head. Any of the fighter squadrons based in England in 1918, though, will run sea patrol missions, so those are likely your best bet.

#28 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 28 December 2014 - 21:34

Yeah, it's meant to keep people from earning a huge number of awards on one mission. To be fair, though, these two awards for gallantry were/are very hard to attain, and according to a Belgian who PM'd me, they are viewed as the most prestigious awards a Belgian serviceman can earn.

With that said, I may remove the "no other awards" tag for the 2nd Class version, so at least that one won't be so hard to earn .

Not off the top of my head. Any of the fighter squadrons based in England in 1918, though, will run sea patrol missions, so those are likely your best bet.

One more question from me: I had made one Career for a British in a Camel in 1917, and I had managed to get Military Cross with two bars (alongside with Victoria Cross and Croix de Guerre with two bronze palms).

But here is a thing: Requirements for a Military Cross with 2 bars say: 75 missions completed plus 25 planes destroyed. Yet on that career I had completed just 19 sorties, though I got 49 kills thus far (Don't ask me, how - it's not worth any discussions).

Could it be that it should have been '75 missions completed OR 25 planes destroyed' ?

#29 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 29 December 2014 - 15:56

Not sure on that last one. Can you post a screenshot showing the stats of this particular pilot?

#30 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 29 December 2014 - 20:17

Not sure on that last one. Can you post a screenshot showing the stats of this particular pilot?

As You wish…

Attached Files

• Attached File  MC 2.png   504.01KB   72 downloads

#31 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 29 December 2014 - 20:33

That is a weird one. I'll have to ask VikS for help, because the config file looks correct to me. It also makes me wonder how in the world you earned the lower versions of the MC without reaching the sortie requirement for those. Guess it's time for me to start up my own British fighter career and see what's going on.

#32 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 31 December 2014 - 14:15

Hey, Luke. Sorry for being persistent (though perhaps now You know, why), but this just came back to me.

Those Letters: From Mary, Isabelle and Jenny… Are they equivalents to Germany's 'Wounded in Action' Badge in career mode?

#33 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 14:36

Very nice Luke …. thank you for all your hard work …

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#34 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 31 December 2014 - 21:01

Those Letters: From Mary, Isabelle and Jenny… Are they equivalents to Germany's 'Wounded in Action' Badge in career mode?

Not sure, as those are all multiplayer awards.

#35 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 31 December 2014 - 22:16

Well, I guess now I know what are degrees for the Belgium Croix de Guerre. I was still trying to get that one medal awarded for three kills in one mission, and in the end the three missions I had completed thus far looked like this: Offensive Patrol - 3 kills (All Alb. D.3), Balloon busting - 3 kills ( all Alb. D.5a), Balloon busting - 4 kills (2 balloons, 1 DFW C.V, 1 Alb. D.Va) and one German truck just calming down (because some bloody SPAD collided with me for no reason - Thank God for that 'Safety Collision'). The result- Croix de Guerre with 1 bronze, 1 silver and 1 golden palms. Kills in total for Belgium career - 13 planes (I do not remember the total for balloons).

Guess that Croix de Guerre won't go any further. Right?

#36 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:55

The result- Croix de Guerre with 1 bronze, 1 silver and 1 golden palms. Kills in total for Belgium career - 13 planes (I do not remember the total for balloons).

Guess that Croix de Guerre won't go any further. Right?

There are more CdGs you can earn.

#37 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 02 January 2015 - 21:34

Strange things with medals continue - I started a newer career for a British pilot (That one I showed to LukeFF I am going to delete soon, since it's an old one and mostly not reliable - Now, even though I still have God mode on all the time, at least I try flying like if it wasn't activated), and on one mission I had managed to score five kills, yet I didn't get Victoria Cross.

The game doesn't allow medals to duplicate in two different careers? Or was it simply because one plane that crashed after going Boelcke style (That is, when we were doing frontal attack, he most probably smashed his wing on my wheels - that's what it looked like, and I guess that is what happened because aside from small vibration from below the cockpit, nothing happened - I kept flying normally. Had he collided with me, I would have had a stall moment, but that I didn't witness) did not count as 'medal-awarding' kill?

#38 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:56

Strange things with medals continue - I started a newer career for a British pilot (That one I showed to LukeFF I am going to delete soon, since it's an old one and mostly not reliable - Now, even though I still have God mode on all the time, at least I try flying like if it wasn't activated), and on one mission I had managed to score five kills, yet I didn't get Victoria Cross.

The game doesn't allow medals to duplicate in two different careers? Or was it simply because one plane that crashed after going Boelcke style (That is, when we were doing frontal attack, he most probably smashed his wing on my wheels - that's what it looked like, and I guess that is what happened because aside from small vibration from below the cockpit, nothing happened - I kept flying normally. Had he collided with me, I would have had a stall moment, but that I didn't witness) did not count as 'medal-awarding' kill?

That sounds like the "no other awards" thing I explained with the Belgian Gallantry medals.

#39 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 03 January 2015 - 20:16

For Belgian Crox de Guerre, can somebody tell me exactly how many variations of it there are? With French I know because of the poster, but how does it look like with Belgian one? What is after Croix de Guerre with bronze palm, silver palm, golden palm and bronze lion?

#40 Rashmeister

Rashmeister

Posted 03 January 2015 - 21:31

What are the conditions for promotion? Can't find it anywhere, just medals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users