- - - - -

Christmas Sale + ILYA Muromets release

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 18 December 2014 - 20:52

Dear Pilots!

We've spent a week merging your Rise of Flight and ILYA Muromets accounts and now we're finally ready to park the plane in your virtual hangars. The Sikorsky S-22 is here to deliver some bomb loads where it's needed most. And if you purchased it on the ROF site then you'll get a nice addition of an Albatros D.III and a Russian Nieuport 17 with all field and weapons mods included. Both of these fighters and the S-22 bomber are featured in the included Eastern Front Campaign missions which you can play if you have the ILya Muromets in your account.

The earlier announced United Edition has also been released. This version upgrades the free-to-play edition adding one extra plane – the Nieuport 17 Dux along with making the Ukrainian map available to everyone.

Meanwhile we keep working on the new mouse control system and preparing for the updated Steam version and the winter holidays approach. That means that our traditional Christmas and New Year's sale is now upon us.

Have you been dreaming about a gift for yourself? Something mighty, with a cool engine sound, exquisite interior and made of ecology-safe materials? Well, we have literally tons of these machines that you can give yourselves. They come equipped with a 60% discount this Holiday Season! All planes (except ILya Muromets), weapon and field modifications, maps and personalization packs are included into our Christmas offer, which lasts from Thursday, December 18th 10 AM Pacific till Friday, January 2nd 10AM Pacific. Enjoy the up-coming holidays with you family and friends, and don't forget to use this time wisely - the ROF store and ROF Steam page offer lots of nice gift ideas.

#2 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 19 December 2014 - 15:23

Thanks, Zak. As a question, any updates planned for the Ilya ?

#3 sp1969

sp1969

Posted 19 December 2014 - 17:09

Not seeing the discount for the sale on the site?

#4 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 19 December 2014 - 17:50

Ilya Muromets will likely not be discounted, it is a new release and new A/C have never gone on sale. Only aircraft that were released a while ago go on sale.

#5 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 17:59

They come equipped with a 60% discount this Holiday Season! All planes (except ILya Muromets), weapon and field modifications, maps and personalization packs are included into our Christmas offer

yeah,they say it in the OP :)

I think I'll pick up a few field mods this time around

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#6 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 19 December 2014 - 18:19

I bought the Ilya Muromets alpha release and want it to be transfered to my RoF account. I have to different e mail adresses and wrote two e-mails to 777support in wich i told them about that issue but no reaction from them. I dont want to pay twice for the same product. :(

#7 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 20 December 2014 - 00:04

I bought the Ilya Muromets alpha release and want it to be transfered to my RoF account. I have to different e mail adresses and wrote two e-mails to 777support in wich i told them about that issue but no reaction from them. I dont want to pay twice for the same product. :(

http://riseofflight....pic.php?t=44683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=44683

#8 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:32

I was actually asking if the Ilya would end up with field mods. Sorry if the post came across a little wrong !!

- a tail gunner would be nice. ;-)

#9 Hexe

Hexe

Posted 20 December 2014 - 14:01

This is the right decision! And now, i spend 20,-$ for your "new" Plane in ROF! :S!:

Thanks for this "Update" :D

#10 Ellehammer

Ellehammer

Posted 20 December 2014 - 17:04

I bought it too! A Christmas present from myself to myself :-)

- What a great merge, making RoF even better.

#11 Troubleshooter

Troubleshooter

Posted 20 December 2014 - 23:53

From the newsletter:
Future Plans

In addition we plan to upgrade the Rise of Flight website and forum using newer technologies and design solutions. A move like that requires a lot of time, all the more so because we want to keep and transfer all your posts correctly. This is scheduled for January 2015. Throughout ROF’s existence, we've received many comments about the complexity or the controls in ROF aircraft and the need for a joystick to play. Some gamers have an interest in flying airplanes and even though they do not have a flight stick they still have desire to see the WWI planes in virtual action. As a result we are missing a clear opportunity. With the ILYA Muromets and help from the Russian Historical Military Society we've started an experiment to try to implement mouse controls without simplifying the flight physics out. Player feedback from that experiment tells us that it was pretty successful. So, now we're planning to transfer the technology to ROF and apply it to all the planes in the game. This should help to attract new pilots which are very important to keep the aviation history of World War I alive in hearts and minds of gamers all over the world.

Our mouse control was specifically designed to not interfere with how each individual aircraft flies or their unique personalities. Our intention is not to make ROF easier, but to simply give a new input method to those that prefer it. They will die over No Man’s Land all the same. Pilot skill is STILL the most important factor in ROF aerial combat. Please welcome such new users with a Vickers or Spandau hand-shake!

This concerns me with respect to the flight stick controls.
I understand that mouse control will get in focus within ROF by the merge of ILYA Muromets to attract new players.

May you state more information how this will affect the current flight stick control and physics?

#12 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:27

Question. Does the separate Campaign involving Russian Front have it's own Medal and Awards featured?

Asking cause… to be honest… those are some big motivators for me to give it a try.

#13 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:14

There is a free-to-play version with 3 flyable aircraft available here: http://riseofflight.com/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://riseofflight.com/en There is no reason NOT to give RoF a try…

The joystick is at the centre of this flight sim; the addition of code to use a mouse means nothing. If anything it only means those players using a mouse will be at a disadvantage, but at least invites them to play.

#14 M0RT

M0RT

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:54

When I saw a long email talking about the future of RoF I was really hoping there might be mention of Oculus Rift support in the future. Perhaps I should give up waiting?

#15 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:26

It'll probably come in just before my IM tail gunner, Mort. ;-)

#16 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:30

I think some ingenious people have gotten OR to work with RoF, I think there is a thread here somewhere….

#17 gaius

gaius

Posted 24 December 2014 - 13:29

Please Help, game won't play, says master server is down that i need updated version. Reloaded worked once, now dowmn again. This happened before and had something to do with needing a updated "updater", can anyone help, desperate!

Gaius

#18 M0RT

M0RT

Posted 24 December 2014 - 20:27

As far as I know there is no work around for the latest version of the Occulus Rift. I can't help but feel the devs are missing a trick here!

#19 Daze

Daze

Posted 26 December 2014 - 14:23

So can we uninstall our stand alone ILYA Muromets game?

#20 =AxA=_Cornet

=AxA=_Cornet

Posted 26 December 2014 - 21:23

Christmas Sale + ILYA Muromets release…

O-o-o…

#21 kovan35

kovan35

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:42

I wish to have ilya :(

#22 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 31 December 2014 - 14:11

I wish to have ilya :(

And what will You trade?

#23 kovan35

kovan35

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:27

HOPE :|

#24 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 02 January 2015 - 17:49

Not knowing when the next big sale is, I definitely took advantage of the 60% off discount. Any updates on St. Mihiel Campaign (so it works in Online Mode)? Any updates/mods for Ilya coming up?

#25 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:30

Thanks everyone for participating in this great sale!

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users