Photo
- - - - -

Version 1.034

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:36

Hmm, Nieuport 28.C1 FM - "Heavy tail on takeoff" issue fix - So it had heavy tail while taking off? I didn't notice. But I sure know some planes do have a heavy tail in flight, forcing You to constantly push on the stick.
It is unrealistic and should be fixed, but when I think of Air France Flight 447 - Maybe it's a good thing this heavy tail is there.

#42 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:08

'Adjusted: Sopwith Triplane FM - Speed reduced' - What about a Turn rate? It's a triplane, it should be able to turn better than German scouts. But it's still like every other British scout - Best only at Boom and Zoom and Bounce.

#43 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:14

This is a great update, and I love the new map [Tarnopol].

The river textures in the winter map are really fantastic. If you haven't seen them, then I suggest you do.

:D :S!:

Any screenshots please? :)

#44 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:15

Most likely its possible with just a change in a line in the textures.ini. But I am away from pc to check.

#45 Happyhaddock

Happyhaddock
  • LocationCloud cuckoo land

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:11

This is a great update, and I love the new map [Tarnopol].

The river textures in the winter map are really fantastic. If you haven't seen them, then I suggest you do.

:D :S!:

I suppose it's a subjective thing, the first time I saw them from altitude I was confused as to what they were supposed to be, which in itself became a distraction as I spent more time looking at the odd "marbled wriggle" on the ground than keeping sight on my enemy and I eventually had to descend simply to satisfy my curiosity.

I agree that from close to ground level they give a good representation of broken ice on the river surface and do look good, but from higher up I'm not so convinced but it's purely subjective and there is a heck of a lot of good stuff in this latest update to quibble over one texture file I could easily re-paint if I find it keeps bothering me.

HH

#46 5tuka

5tuka

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:18

Nice update. Not sure about the Dr.1's new topspeed though, it seems a little too low. I reach 160km/h max with it between GL and 2000m and it hasn't enought power to keep it's speed up in turnfights.

Hope to see more FM present till christmas. I've got a Halberstadt CL.II speed and climb rate fix on my wishlist as well as some Fokker Dr.1 fixes ;)

#47 hirai

hirai

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:31

very fine !!!!

#48 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:35

Hmm, Nieuport 28.C1 FM - "Heavy tail on takeoff" issue fix - So it had heavy tail while taking off? I didn't notice. But I sure know some planes do have a heavy tail in flight, forcing You to constantly push on the stick.
It is unrealistic and should be fixed, but when I think of Air France Flight 447 - Maybe it's a good thing this heavy tail is there.

This puzzles me too.

I guess they mean that the COG was incorrect. The problem with moving the COG rearwards is that it sacrifices manoeuvrability for stability. Maybe that is not a good idea for a turnfighter, which depends on instability to be effective, but it wouldn't hurt an energy fighter (or Flight 447) too much. Pushing forward on the stick instead of hauling back would have saved 447.

#49 gottfried

gottfried
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 13:57

Well they couldn't have hurt the N28. If it was tail heavy, it certainly did not make it maneuverable.

AKA Kangaroo Jack

#50 Tiger27

Tiger27

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:58

I thought I would jump on to see if anything was happening with ROF, and I find a new version with all those planes we have become so used to being changed, awesome, it will be interesting to see how they go, particularly the Camel and DR1, bit worried about how it affects one of my favourite rides the Tripe though, at least we know ROF has not been forgotten and merging the other game is a great idea as I don't think I've played it as yet even though I bought it on release.

Merry Christmas to all.

#51 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 22:08

Most likely its possible with just a change in a line in the textures.ini. But I am away from pc to check.

With this kind of modification, would the modded map not be considered as a "non-bought map", and therefore unusable?

#52 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:51

WW1EAF_Paf wrote:

With this kind of modification, would the modded map not be considered as a "non-bought map", and therefore unusable?

I have managed to put this effect on western winter map just by putting the water_hole.dds file from tarnopol, into landscape_winter folder. Seems to work (at least in FMB, didn't test "in-game" yet)

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#53 BF2aj

BF2aj

Posted 21 December 2014 - 16:59

They fixed the flight models????!!!!! I guess that means Gav will need to find a new purpose in life.

#54 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 21 December 2014 - 18:12

Is it me, or the sounds are better too? I've player for a long time using several mods, and today I gave it a spin without mods (after upgrading to 1.034) and noticed far better sounds (Wind, engine, etc) and nice landscaping to the extent that I haven't missed the mods. Yet there's nothing on change log about graphics or sounds.
May be placebo, but all in all, great (new) game. Good job, 777.

#55 ericfligt

ericfligt

Posted 22 December 2014 - 21:58

THX FOR UPTDATE AND JOYEUX NOEL

#56 Gambit21

Gambit21

Posted 22 December 2014 - 23:09

Gav was the first thing I thought about when I saw this patch - I imagine him strangely lost and ironically sad now.

For my part, I wasn't expecting to come back to RoF after the release of BoS (being more of a WWII junky, and RoF was more a less a stand-in until another WWII sim was released)
However, more and more I've been getting the bug to get back to WWI - I think this update pretty much puts me over the edge in that regard. Time for some WWI action soon.

Thank you Jason and Co!

#57 gaius

gaius

Posted 23 December 2014 - 13:38

I've updated to the newest version, but can't get on on-line or off-line. In addition I get an error message #10005 that I need to update my game.

Can I uninstall everything, wipe everything out and then re-install with my disk and then update everything?

Thanks let me know

#58 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:40

I've updated to the newest version, but can't get on on-line or off-line. In addition I get an error message #10005 that I need to update my game.

Can I uninstall everything, wipe everything out and then re-install with my disk and then update everything?

Thanks let me know

That might work, if your disk isn't one of the really old ones. I've seen folks with older disks have better luck with downloading the latest Free-to-Play version and updating from there (if needed) - if D/L bandwidth isn't a problem for you at least.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#59 gaius

gaius

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:52

I uninstalled and reloaded the game. Worked the first time, then when I came back later got the error messages #1 and #2 that I was not connected to internet, and when I tried to play off line got error #10005, need to update,

Whats going on help!!!

#60 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:03

That's pretty weird. Unfortunately I'm away from my RoF PC and can't test anything at this point. Hopefully someone will be able to help you figure out what's going on here.

Good luck!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#61 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:29

Thank you. Thank you very much for those FM fixes. Thanks to everyone involved in research.

This is the greatest news!

#62 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:36

Wow, I think it might be time for me to install ROF again after 2 years

#63 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 25 December 2014 - 22:56

Well, next time FMs should be modified, there should be those three:

Nieuport 28 - Turn rate decreased (so that it actually matches the description of 'highly manouverable')
Sopwith Triplane - Turn rate decreased (It MUST be made more agile. It's a triplane, after all - what more do You need to know?)
Pfalz D12 - Turn rate increased (to actually make it like made for BnZ only) And to be clear, I had seen this ingame, hence stating it.

#64 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 26 December 2014 - 00:08

Nieuport 28 - Turn rate decreased (so that it actually matches the description of 'highly manouverable')
Sopwith Triplane - Turn rate decreased (It MUST be made more agile. It's a triplane, after all - what more do You need to know?)
Pfalz D12 - Turn rate increased (to actually make it like made for BnZ only) And to be clear, I had seen this ingame, hence stating it.
Please tell me how decreasing turn rate would some thing more agile or maneuverable, and increasing turn rate make more BnZ?
Besides turn rate has nothing with BnZ abilities.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#65 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 26 December 2014 - 00:51

Please tell me how decreasing turn rate would some thing more agile or maneuverable, and increasing turn rate make more BnZ?
Besides turn rate has nothing with BnZ abilities.

By making the radius of the turn smaller - thus making the aircraft faster in a turn.

#66 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:06

Turn rate is how long it takes a aircraft to turn 180 deg. or 360 deg. in time. Decreasing turn rate means it takes more time to turn.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#67 Pierrepoint

Pierrepoint

Posted 26 December 2014 - 14:08

Where's the link to download this upgrade? I'm trying to re-install the game on a new computer, so am downloading the Ultimate Edition again, and need the link for this file.

#68 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 December 2014 - 14:25

Where's the link to download this upgrade? I'm trying to re-install the game on a new computer, so am downloading the Ultimate Edition again, and need the link for this file.

There is no "link" or "file" as such - you just perform an update from the game's launcher (at least for the non-Steam version - not sure how it works with Steam).

#69 Pierrepoint

Pierrepoint

Posted 26 December 2014 - 14:28

Thanks, I've been trying to find a link while I'm downloading the game again.

#70 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 26 December 2014 - 16:57

Turn rate is how long it takes a aircraft to turn 180 deg. or 360 deg. in time. Decreasing turn rate means it takes more time to turn.

Then swap 'decrease' with 'increase' and vice versa. And You will get what needs adjustments, as well.

#71 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 26 December 2014 - 21:04

While I very much aplaude the patch and the decision to review FMs, I noticed a minor thing.

We´ve had a few of those invisible trees (mostly along roads in the woods) but now with the patch there are more invisible objects, for instance on the map Lake, autum in the quick mission builder (that one is easy to find and to validate).

maybe looking into what causes them to appear might yield some promise in optimization

#72 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 27 December 2014 - 22:53

I had noticed another weird thing - During a career for a Belgian pilot, after scoring three German recons, I decided to shoot down a baloon, too. But it got an armour or something, because I made two passes and it still didn't catch fire.
Are You making room for Incendiaries?

#73 Panthera

Panthera

Posted 30 December 2014 - 17:55

Don't really understand why the Dr.1's speed was reduced, Mikael Carlson's cruises at 160 km/h with a 90 hp Le Rhöne and German sources quite a 185 km/h top speed, thus I felt a 178 km/h top speed was OK, but oh well.

Also wished the Albie D.III & V speeds had been increased to a at least 185 km/h.

The rest of the changes are awesome though :)

#74 Cellinsky

Cellinsky

Posted 30 December 2014 - 20:10

Awsome patch!! Thank you very much.

#75 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:34

I have managed to put this effect on western winter map just by putting the water_hole.dds file from tarnopol, into landscape_winter folder. Seems to work (at least in FMB, didn't test "in-game" yet)
Searched and cannot locate the tarnopol file water_hole.dds. Am I missing something?

Can you please provide a download for this file? The broken ice rivers look terrific in IM and would be great to have on Western Front.

EDIT: Ah, in the gtp's of course. Funny, the water_hole.dds file is in the landscape_winter folder though, so it lead me astray…

#76 Fazer

Fazer

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:12

Searched and cannot locate the tarnopol file water_hole.dds. Am I missing something?

Can you please provide a download for this file? The broken ice rivers look terrific in IM and would be great to have on Western Front.

Bandy, You can find the water hole inside the graphics3_t.gtp file, it is in the data folder.

Anyway, here's a link:

http://1drv.ms/1AmGqiQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://1drv.ms/1AmGqiQ

:S!:
Fazer.

P.S. to the mods: If the file shouldn't be posted here, let me know, and i'll remove it.

#77 Dardrago1

Dardrago1

Posted 04 January 2015 - 19:14

Nice

#78 =FB=Chapay

=FB=Chapay

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:16

пересмотр ФМ самолётов? - пичаль, что ложь так долго разьедала ваши сердца…

#79 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:06

The Tarnopol map in QMB has some bug - displaced train wagons.
Happens to me repeatedly…

Also had some strange 'sexy' encounter (me on top)
:D
Nothing to do with the map though…

#80 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:02

Love it. Thanks, folks, much appreciated !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users