- - - - -

Announcing Rise of Flight: United Edition

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#81 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:43

That's excellent News!

I have to say RoF and IM will be better merged than separated, since a good number of planes used at the eastern front are already in RoF, and I believe porting all of them to IM would be a pain to the devs.
I also suppose that with what we already have from both games can be used to make some good Eastern Front missions.
Still, I hope the devs can give us more stuff for this interesting front, like the S-XVI, Morane N and Austrian planes.

Thank you a lot 777, 1C Game Studios and Russian Military Historical Society!

#82 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:15

Great new but will we get a fm update on Cheap Kitchens Bradford as well :S!:

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#83 Zigrat

Zigrat

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:54

This is amazing news; exactly what we have all been asking for. I really had no interest in the Ilya but I will buy it on the 18th in appreciation of these positive changes. thank you so much.

#84 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:10

Very positive news. The merge will help unite the community, I imagine. I held off on buying Ilya Murometz, but now I will definitely invest!

This game taught me to appreciate WWI aviation. Definitely one of my favorites and sure to be a classic for decades, even if it wasn't a popular as Angry Birds :S!:

EDIT - preordered. :lol:

#85 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:43

Ooooh goody goody! Great news 777! I now have good reasons to harp on about getting a few Austrian planes into the ROF store! :S!: :)

#86 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:57

Ooooh goody goody! Great news 777! I now have good reasons to harp on about getting a few Austrian planes into the ROF store! :S!: :)

Yes, an oeffag Albatros would be so nice to have!!

#87 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:24

Yesiree hq_R , the 153 & the 253 models would be great! A Phonix built Starstrutter would be a very interesting and challenging plane to master and would fit perfectly into the Eastern campaign. Personally I would pay £200+ just to own and fly a Phonix D.IIa built by 777. :D

#88 =KAG=Dron

=KAG=Dron

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:54

Класс! Спасибо!!!

#89 Fafnir6

Fafnir6

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:55

Yesiree hq_R , the 153 & the 253 models would be great! A Phonix built Starstrutter would be a very interesting and challenging plane to master and would fit perfectly into the Eastern campaign. Personally I would pay £200+ just to own and fly a Phonix D.IIa built by 777. :D

I'm pretty psyched about the news too. Unfortunately, the Oeffag D.III Ba.253 and Phoenix D.IIa are both late-war beasts that would really only be at home on the Italian front (they ARE awesome, so I totally understand your enthusiasm for them). For the upcoming Russian front, I think the bare bones Austro-Hungarian planeset would consist of 3 types: the Hansa-Brandenburg C.I, the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I (KD) starstrutter and the Oeffag D.III Ba.53 or Ba.153. The Germans would also need an Albatros C.III and the Russians could do with an early French 2-seater (they used the Voisin L.III a lot, and Caudrons a little but the Farman F40 might actually be a better fit given its usefulness on the Western front). I'd pre-order the lot of them and hope for the Eastern front to be added to the Beta career (LukeFF has stated that isn't currently in the plans but who knows).

Cheers and happy hunting,

Fafnir6

P.S. Are you aware that Craftlab in Austria is building exact replicas of the Hansa-Brandenburg C.I (Lohner version) and two Hansa-Brandenburg D.Is all with restored Austro-Daimler engines? See craftlab.at for pics. They might be a valuable resource for 777 studios, should they decide to make us some Austro-Hungarian aircraft (pretty please?).

#90 SYN_DerHesse70

SYN_DerHesse70

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:56

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That's "The news of the year"!

Thank you very mutch for this.

And a happy christmas to the devs!

#91 kodamcity

kodamcity

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:21

Hooray~! Haooray~! fantastic news ever~!

#92 w00dy85

w00dy85

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:37

Thanks for the great news about the merge of ROF and Ilya Muromets, I was really hoping for this when I bought Ilya Muromets.

It's great to see more is coming to ROF, though the FM changes don't bother me. As I only play Career mode and it only seems to me, the people that play multiplayer seem to be the ones complaining about the FM. Though I could be wrong. :)

#93 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:33

FM fixes. Finally! Best news ever. I'll definitely be an IM customer now.
If you can have a review of the variety of AI routines too that'd be great.

#94 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:03

Yet again the story changes, the date slips, questions on forums are ignored…..

"Now buy BoS !! "

#95 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:33

Thanks. Got BOS too. Its really good.

#96 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 12 December 2014 - 13:17

Yep as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. Just some straight talk from us to our straight talking, vocal community.

Fine. You win. It won't be your fault if it goes wrong. I will keep my expectations realistic but I also choose to remain optimistic. :)

Yesterday, I went flying online for the first time in almost a year.

I took up my beloved Hanriot HD.1, a plane I'd been wanting to see in RoF for a long time. Literally for a lustrum, 5 years: since December 5, 2009 to be precise.

Proof: Re: New planes that you might want to add to the list?

I know the Hanriot has been out for a little while now, but except for a 5 minute quick mission which I made the day it was released, where I just went in the game and looked at it without even having my joystick plugged in (seriously), this is the first time I actually flew it. All I can say is, I had such huge expectations of this plane.

So yesterday I flew the Hanriot HD.1 for the first time. It was long overdue.

It's a really nice little fighter. Not the best turner, not the best boom 'n zoomer. A bit of both.
I can see why the Belgians liked it.
I can see why the Italians loved it and phased out the SPAD XIII in its favour.
I can see…

Holy shit, they got the FM exactly right.

I mean, it's not close to what what I was expecting. It's exactly what I was expecting.

You know, you can read a dozen history books about some plane, it will never make you an aeronautical engineer or someone with any authority whatsoever about how a WWI plane should fly.

That doesn't mean that our expectations are completely unfounded.

So where I'm getting at with my rambling is this: take a look at the store page. Look at the planes that are listed as NEW. Now, I know that we all have different views on what has to be fixed and what works as-is, but I'm sure that we can all somewhat agree that the most recently released planes are not the worst offenders of the lot.

This proves to me, without a doubt, that 777 knows what they're doing. Yes, there have been errors in the past and maybe some of these errors can be fixed now. It only goes to show how far they've come and how much they've evolved in 5 years time.

So, like gavagai, I remain realistic, but also optimistic.

:S!:

TL;DR Flew the Hanriot online after 5 years of waiting, faith in humanity 777 restored.

J5_Hellbender

#97 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 12 December 2014 - 13:20

Dear Pilots! …

[important bits here]

we want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and Happy New Year wherever you are!

And there was much rejoicing…

#98 VinylFlyer

VinylFlyer
  • LocationThe same universe as the reader of this.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 15:00

Awesome! I was afraid the Ilya Muromets mouse control would make flying easier, as I know it has in War Thunder. I'm happy to know that it won't affect the joystick users.

#99 Retro-Burn

Retro-Burn
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 December 2014 - 15:00

Great job S!

#100 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 12 December 2014 - 16:23

Reigniting ROF interest. Way to go!! Can't wait.

#101 Waxworks

Waxworks

Posted 12 December 2014 - 16:28

This is the best news the sim could have had. While it might be advisable to be cautious, the last 777 FM fixes three years ago have stood the test of time. It would be a great pity if a few wrongheaded individuals were allowed to induce a fear of failure.

Merry Xmas!

#102 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

Posted 12 December 2014 - 16:29

It's a really nice little fighter. Not the best turner, not the best boom 'n zoomer. A bit of both.
I can see why the Belgians liked it.
I can see why the Italians loved it and phased out the SPAD XIII in its favour.
I can see…

Holy shit, they got the FM exactly right.

I mean, it's not close to what what I was expecting. It's exactly what I was expecting.

Agree, this is the Hanriot!

#103 Zigrat

Zigrat

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:13

I am optimistic, since I am mostly happy with the fms that were re-evaluated in the past. Although you can not ever get rid of 100 % of controversy, not many people have issues with the se5 or the n17 which both got fm overhauls. Se5a and n17gbr to me have some of best feeling fms in the game. I think dr1 is pretty good too, and the biggest problem with the camel is that the albatros is too slow and that the camel adverse yaw is under modeled. If they can apply same correction methodologies to the airplanes which are currently clearly flawed (pfalz, albatros, n28, neutered d7 non f version) we are all going to be very happy :)

#104 SFO_Wagoner

SFO_Wagoner
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM USA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:16

I'm not sure how this merger thing is supposed to work. I bought IM back in August but never got it working. I used the same email address I use for RoF. Do I just wait for an update on the Rof Launcher screen?

#105 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:37

It is about time!!! :lol:

With realistic anticipation, I will eagerly await the fulfillment of ROFs' potential to finally become the best WWI flight Sim ever. Here's to hoping that will be the result. Good luck 777!

S!Blade<><

Edit: Pre purchase of the IM complete. If you make it, i will buy it! :S!:

#106 Marcomies

Marcomies

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:52

Great news! I had almost lost hope but this is really nice comeback! I hope RoF has at least another 5 years ahead of it :)

#107 Fubar

Fubar

Posted 12 December 2014 - 20:43

:D Looking forward to more content for this great sim :S!:

#108 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:24

Great news! In addition to FM revisions and having IM in it (just imagined it flying on Aces Falling with ST crew; it's hard not to chuckle) - I just realised that with three free planes and two "front maps", Rise of Flight will be a very attractive free-to-play sim. Good choice of planes, too, with TnB Nieuport added to BnZ Spad and all-rounder D.Va. Now, if D.Va will get revised as well, we may look at excellent starter planeset.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#109 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:32

Very pleased! :D

#110 Wile_E_Quixote

Wile_E_Quixote
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:38

……. We try to focus on the good guys.

Thank-you for that sir! Your team should know, whatever the reaction has been or will be, from a vocal minority of "the community"….you've answered the dreams of an extremely dedicated group of virtual pilots, who have come from previous WWI flight sims that were desperately obsolete. Your accomplishment has been nothing short of creating the ability for players to recreate not just aerial battles, but actual aerial warfare; and the only limiting factor we have is the number or types of plane models available to do it with. Whatever may be said about the complexity of the mission builder, the scope of it's capabilities is incredibly amazing, and what is being done with it by RoF enthusiasts is no less so.

Before any changes are made, personally I'd like to thank the RoF team for what we have right now. Regardless of the fact that some measurable performance figures being somewhat less than perfect, the vast majority of these planes are, as Bender has stated, jewels. The Camel and Dr.I matchup alone is so much better than anything ever produced before it's mind-boggling.

Jason,
I don't know you and I'm very new here but I have read the forum pretty extensively and certainly thought and studied a lot about this game for how much I've played it. Please be encouraged - you guys have created a really excellent thing in ROF and run it with class and honesty. This is, I think, possibly one of the best games computer games of all time, if not the best. Again, my opinion.

LP

Well said sir, and thank-you for saying it.

#111 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 12 December 2014 - 22:43

This is the best news the sim could have had. While it might be advisable to be cautious, the last 777 FM fixes three years ago have stood the test of time. It would be a great pity if a few wrongheaded individuals were allowed to induce a fear of failure.

Merry Xmas!

There were some individuals who were unhappy when the SE5a's climbrate decreased to its documented 11:00 minutes to 10,000ft. With the old FM it could reach 10,000ft in under 10 minutes. The change decreased the SE5a's acceleration and reduced its vertical dogfighting ability. On the other hand, the glass engine bug was fixed. Over time we all adjusted and now we can hardly imagine the old FM being preferable.

#112 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:20

Smiling broadly at the news!
Ilya Muromets pre-ordered.
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to the Devs and all at 777, and to all in our community!

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#113 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:01

Merry Xmas!

There were some individuals who were unhappy when the SE5a's climbrate decreased to its documented 11:00 minutes to 10,000ft. With the old FM it could reach 10,000ft in under 10 minutes. The change decreased the SE5a's acceleration and reduced its vertical dogfighting ability. On the other hand, the glass engine bug was fixed. Over time we all adjusted and now we can hardly imagine the old FM being preferable.

It doesn't matter if it changed for the better or for the worse, now it flies spot on, exactly like on paper. I trust this is the approach 777 will keep, and then I'll be happy :)

#114 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:52

Forgot to ask, is the Ilya going to be available as AI plane for on this update for people who doesn't have it?

#115 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:21

Great new but will we get a fm update on Cheap Kitchens Bradford as well :S!:

Maybe we will have the United Kitchens of Britain?

#116 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:31

Good to read some news, Thanks Team!

#117 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:05

Any news is good news, ROF for me has to be the WW1 sim legend. Thanks

#118 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 13 December 2014 - 13:03

Merry Xmas!

It doesn't matter if it changed for the better or for the worse, now it flies spot on, exactly like on paper. I trust this is the approach 777 will keep, and then I'll be happy :)

My words Req, well said. Absolutely agree. :S!:

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#119 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 13 December 2014 - 13:16

What are the diffrences between the Russian made Nieuport and the French/British ones we have already? Anything more than Russian instruments?

#120 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 13 December 2014 - 13:21

But making it match "paper" is what brought us to this point in the first place. The most complete Albatros documents are all from captured aircraft, if you match them, you get a piece of poo.

Pilots on both sides explain to us that aircraft quality was variable. With some wear a scout's performance could degrade to something much worse than when it was new.

Which aircraft end up captured is not a random sample, either (it is not an independent event). You are more likely to get forced down if your scout is in bad shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users