Announcing Rise of Flight: United Edition

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#41 Happyhaddock

Happyhaddock
  • LocationCloud cuckoo land

Posted 11 December 2014 - 17:34

Somebody page gavagai.

The fact that he hasn't posted yet is worrisome.

I have three possible theories:

• He's actually still typing out a lengthy reply right now on how the FM fixes can't possibly be anything but underwhelming.

• He's read this and dropped dead on the spot.

• I'm only posting this last one for the sake of covering all bases, no matter how unlikely, since he spends every waking moment here: He hasn't actually read the announcement yet.

What on earth makes you think gavagai cares about a few FM fixes, he's not said something to you has he? ;)

#42 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 17:36

Great news.
Lets please all be civil when the update comes and not look only for what we dont like, but look for what we like and post it in that way as well.
Remember that the FMs are very subjective to all of us especially as the performance data avalible itself is very varied…
So please take it as it is and make a civil, grateful responce with your comments that entalis what you agree with, what you dont and why you dont (basis for that).

#43 von_Schmidlak

von_Schmidlak
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 17:55

This is stupendous news. Thank you 777!

:S!:

vS_banner_2015.png

#44 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted 11 December 2014 - 17:57

Great news.
Lets please all be civil when the update comes and not look only for what we dont like, but look for what we like and post it in that way as well.
Remember that the FMs are very subjective to all of us especially as the performance data avalible itself is very varied…
So please take it as it is and make a civil, grateful responce with your comments that entalis what you agree with, what you dont and why you dont (basis for that).

Now THIS is what I would also recommend guys.

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj / Operations Officer / 1. Eskadra Mysliwska / 1. Pulk Lotniczy / http://www.1pl.boo.pl

bannerf11esks.png?raw=1

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

#45 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 11 December 2014 - 18:01

Nice!

#46 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 11 December 2014 - 18:18

What what WHAT!?

I know it's just a game, but my heart jumped to my throat when I read the announcement. This is absolutely fantastic news and I couldn't be happier. Thank you so very much! :S!:

#47 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 18:23

Welcome news …… thanks

And Hillbilly, all NCO's past and present, still walk on water. Or on the backs of new recruits. DI rule 4.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#48 Shutter

Shutter
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 18:26

"A few months ago we announced the ILYA Muromets project in partnership with the Russian Historical Military Society and devoted it to the dawn of Russian aviation and Igor Sikorsky's plane in particular. We also launched an Early Access program for it recently. ILYA Muromets was initially designed to be a stand-alone product, but in response to requests by our customers, today we are changing that. This project has its roots in ROF and we received tons of requests, threats, bitterness and claims - all that to persuade us to add the bomber to Rise of Flight. Not everyone was able or willing to buy a separate product, but everyone wanted to try the plane in the big virtual universe that ROF provides. And we came to the decision to unite these projects, merge them into one game. All the IM content (the plane, map in three seasons and the historical campaign) will be added to ROF."

If we already own ILYA Muromets, do we have to buy the plane, again?

No, they're going to merge the RoF and IM accounts. If you used different e-mails for each game you'll have to contact them.

Good to know!! :S!:

#49 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

This is definitely super neat-o news. I look forward to the integration of the Western and Eastern Fronts, the new content, and the revisions to existing planes. Thanks tot he team and the testers for all of your effort. I will certainly get years of enjoyment out of what you have accomplished, as will so many other persons. Thanks again!

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#50 =CAM=mb339pan

=CAM=mb339pan
  • LocationItaly

great great great news!!!!! thx dev

#51 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 11 December 2014 - 19:37

Welcome news …… thanks

And Hillbilly, all NCO's past and present, still walk on water. Or on the backs of new recruits. DI rule 4.

Chief
Never was a DI,Never walked on water, but a pilot though I did. :D
SSgt USAF aircrew escape sys. 1967-1971 :S!:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#52 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 11 December 2014 - 19:45

Nice one :)

#53 SG_Wikman

SG_Wikman

Posted 11 December 2014 - 19:46

Salute!
Great News!Thank you team.

#54 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 11 December 2014 - 19:51

Wow! for me Christmas started with this news . Thank You devs for this gift … would you believe - we will have FM fixes!!! - hell will freeze!

34zg6jd.jpg

#55 15.Span_Chajas

15.Span_Chajas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 19:57

THANKS ALL

#56 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:01

Great news for this new pilot! I was worried I was investing in a dying enterprise and the story is just the opposite. I look forward to giving the team my money. Eastern front… Very cool. (Hopefully we'll still get a B.E.2 and other early war birds but I'm not worried.) Merry Christmas

#57 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:04

I'm so curious what FM fixes we're gonna get. Perhaps revised engine performances? (Pup, Camel, Dr1, Albies)

I truly hope so. Anyhow, i'm really glad to see the devs still care and listen, and take the effort to polish existing FM-s.

#58 SC/JG_Oesau

SC/JG_Oesau

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:08

Excellent news!

#59 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:10

Probably worth noting this, for newer users: http://en.wiki.riseo...he_latest_patch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wiki.riseo...ght.com/index.p … test_patch!

I presume it will happen again - save your input files!

#60 pollux18

pollux18

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:20

Interesting news!

This stimulus my interest in the product Muromets.

;)
"Il faut préférer la modestie de ceux qui s'associent pour combattre aux triomphes passagers de celui qui s'isole."

Cdt De Rose

#61 Genius

Genius

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:32

Good news !

#62 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:36

FM REVIEEEEEEEEWWWSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

If this all works out I take back everything mean I ever said about you guys :S!:

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#63 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:36

Wonderful news! Looking forward to fly the big beast online! :)

#64 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:58

Wery good news for all rof pilots. We will still have fun with rof and theat is the only thing theat meters.
A constructive sugestion for rof devs
U could think about adding same of the amezing mods made by the community and accepted skins in rof. Mayde iven incorporeted them in beta carier (static planes on airfields, advencing solders and so on). It would help the imersion in rof.
S! for wery good news.

#65 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:59

It is amazing news indeed! Thanks ROF! I was caught by surprise. Now my ROF Christmas stocking is stuffed full :D

The Ilya merge and the correct FM fixes will give new life to the game. I bet that they will have a new plane in the making after the aforementioned updates.

I see people commenting about the comeback of squadrons and old folks… I better sharpen my Spandau.

Marry Christmas :S!:
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#66 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 11 December 2014 - 21:25

Just remember not to get too pumped up about the FM fixes. Everything won't get fixed, so there's going to be a lot of disappointment if expectations grow too high. As long as the revisions make RoF even a little better, I'll be happy.

#67 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 11 December 2014 - 21:26

As long as the revisions make RoF even a little better, I'll be happy.

Amen to that!

#68 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 11 December 2014 - 21:27

Well, it has been two years since I bought anything for ROF.
This may change soon :)

Good news. Unexpected in a good way.

#69 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 December 2014 - 22:21

Oh my God, flight model tweaks? I will keep an open mind. Thanks for looking into it 777. :S!:

#70 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 11 December 2014 - 22:24

Is no one else disquieted by this?

"However, FM tweaks are a very subjective topic and it has been our policy to try and stick to the research documents and technology we have at our disposal to lead us on this topic. And this issue is a source of never ending argument in the community and can really drive a wedge between us and our customers no matter how hard we try. However, we have taken into account the general comments on the forums about various FMs and attempted to tweak them to match the requests. But we need to warn everyone, changing FMs can lead to unforeseen technical issues and unintended consequences."

As I've said before, I think the lack of FM "fixes" in the past had less to do with Devs' intransigence and more to do with "unforeseen technical issues and unintended consequences." I really, really hope I'm wrong, but this update could see us saddled with a bunch of fupped-up aircraft and the Devs saying, "Well, it's what you wanted…"

#71 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 December 2014 - 22:29

No, more like the Pfalz D.XII that couldn't recover from a spin, and it had to be patched.

#72 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 11 December 2014 - 22:42

Great news! An intelligent move, merging the games. As a programmer, i would hate to maintain all that code separately and managing its evolution in possibly different directions. For us users, it makes a lot of sense too, since it enlarges our fictional universe, and increases the feasibility of your investment in new improvements, making it more likely that the dream will live on.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the upcoming release. Salute! :S!: to all the team members and players!

#73 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 11 December 2014 - 22:48

I can already see Eastern front missions for multiplayer. Ilya raids alike the bombing Ghotas from Syndicate…

#74 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 23:27

Good news!

But hang on…

This project has its roots in ROF and we received tons of requests, threats, bitterness and claims - all that to persuade us to add the bomber to Rise of Flight.

People were threatening you? What sort of pathetic person would threaten you over a game?!
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#75 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 December 2014 - 00:30

Good news!

But hang on…

This project has its roots in ROF and we received tons of requests, threats, bitterness and claims - all that to persuade us to add the bomber to Rise of Flight.

People were threatening you? What sort of pathetic person would threaten you over a game?!

I'd actually like to know the answer to that as well.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#76 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 00:55

Is no one else disquieted by this?

"However, FM tweaks are a very subjective topic and it has been our policy to try and stick to the research documents and technology we have at our disposal to lead us on this topic. And this issue is a source of never ending argument in the community and can really drive a wedge between us and our customers no matter how hard we try. However, we have taken into account the general comments on the forums about various FMs and attempted to tweak them to match the requests. But we need to warn everyone, changing FMs can lead to unforeseen technical issues and unintended consequences."

As I've said before, I think the lack of FM "fixes" in the past had less to do with Devs' intransigence and more to do with "unforeseen technical issues and unintended consequences." I really, really hope I'm wrong, but this update could see us saddled with a bunch of fupped-up aircraft and the Devs saying, "Well, it's what you wanted…"

Yep as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. Just some straight talk from us to our straight talking, vocal community.

Jason

#77 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:02

Good news!

But hang on…

I'd actually like to know the answer to that as well.

People threaten us with all manner of things including violence, lawsuits, boycotts and we've already endured disinformation campaigns and release of personal correspondence and information. Other developers in other genres also deal with this kind of nonsense. SWAT teams being called to Battlefield developer's houses with fake distress calls to police and now look at what Sony is having to deal with with their business splayed all over the place. It's a messed up world we live especially when you try to entertain people. The internet and certain forms of entertainment seem to bring out the worst in society. We try to focus on the good guys.

Jason

#78 Durallan

Durallan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:23

Absolutely Despicable D: it'd be nice if the one thing we could do in the world is be civilized towards each other! but… we can't have nice things, except for when 777 is involved! absolutely amazing news, I've tried to support you guys as much as I can because I haven't found a more entertaining WWI sim in existence and I hope it stays THE WWI sim game for many more years to come! One question I would love to ask, even though it probably seems greedy after all these amazing announcements, are there any chances of the graphical improvements made in BoS coming to RoF at all!? The detail in this game is amazing and well, inmproved/bigger textures (from the original artfiles created if theyre a higher resolution than whats currently in the game if they exist) or just the graphical enhancements from the game would be super super super super awesomeeeee!!!! Thankyou for such an amazing WWI Flight Sim and goodluck and Happy Holidays/Christmas ETC to all at 777! :)

#79 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:48

Yep as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. Just some straight talk from us to our straight talking, vocal community.

Fine. You win. It won't be your fault if it goes wrong. I will keep my expectations realistic but I also choose to remain optimistic. :)

#80 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:12

Jason,
I don't know you and I'm very new here but I have read the forum pretty extensively and certainly thought and studied a lot about this game for how much I've played it. Please be encouraged - you guys have created a really excellent thing in ROF and run it with class and honesty. This is, I think, possibly one of the best games computer games of all time, if not the best. Again, my opinion.

LP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users