Photo
- - - - -

Thanksgiving Sale

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 29 November 2014 - 18:18

Great news, team! I'm gonna take advantage of your Thanksgiving sale and add some more stuff to my account. I do it gladly since you have a large choice on how much to spend and knowing that it helps keep the dream alive.

Concerning upcoming features, and knowing that many people will be asking lots of stuff, I'll restrain myself and ask only two things:

1) (the easy one) Keep the preloaded guns as a default option but have a realism option to turn it off if you want: it adds to immersion;

2) (the greedy one) Can we please please please have something to enrich our early war experience? Be it a Voisin LIII, a Morane L scout, the Caudron G4, the Farman F40, the Be2C you name it. I'd like to fly the eindecker and for once find a real sitting duck to bring down ;-)

Last but not least many thanks for your investment in the game. I know that for the game to be a viable project it must also be a profitable one, so I'll trust on your good judgment, hoping that it may somehow cross the path of my wishes. Keep up the good work!

#42 turbotash

turbotash

Posted 29 November 2014 - 18:46

Just a quick question, are the prices shown in the store discounted by 60% or is this applied at checkout? I only ask as I have just selected a number of aircraft to buy and my paypal amount is the full price stated in store!! ;)

#43 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 29 November 2014 - 19:16

Just a quick question, are the prices shown in the store discounted by 60% or is this applied at checkout? I only ask as I have just selected a number of aircraft to buy and my paypal amount is the full price stated in store!! ;)

The store price is already discounted.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#44 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:20

never bought the hanriet, or the mods for the stutter. Two planes I wasnt interested in at all.
I own everything else. Havent flown RoF for more than 5 minutes in 2 years or so….since the project was relegated to the last car of a train going in a different direction.
I have no interest in BoS….but am willing to support RoF, a much more interesting and worthy project IMO.

If RoF is going to receive some new content that makes it worth flying, then I dont mind sacrificing for the greater good and purchasing a plane and mods I'll never use (tho I own everything, and have purchased all except these few).

I guess I'm wondering if we'll ever see the Snipe(announced as to be released so long ago), or it's German counterpart …or an update to the feeble/inept AI?
An update to make this amazing sim worth flying in Single Player mode…?
Impassioned pleas have gone unrecognized and unanswered.

A word from the Jason, or Han,or even Viks, and I'll pay for these items I'll never use, and purchase the content in advance in hopes that it sees realization.

Jason, Han, and the crew are good people, and I guess I just need to hear from them that there's something on the horizon for RoF worth funding.

#45 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 30 November 2014 - 14:18

If Bo$ bums in, I feel you may be seeing more content here than you can handle :)
That's the only way you are going to see anything that people have been wanting for a long time.
If Bo$ is a major success, we will continue to get the odd scrap here and there… TTWISI :( unfortunately.

#46 blackram

blackram

Posted 30 November 2014 - 14:55

If Bo$ bums in, I feel you may be seeing more content here than you can handle :)
That's the only way you are going to see anything that people have been wanting for a long time.
If Bo$ is a major success, we will continue to get the odd scrap here and there… TTWISI :( unfortunately.
We can already see that BOS is a failure (with all its limitations and odd implementations). It was build in short time and some of the super odd selfdestruction dev decisions will burn in to the ground.
So, maybe thers hope for the sim born out of love.

#47 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 30 November 2014 - 16:51

If BOS goes in the crapper the entire company is going in the crapper, and RoF is dead.

Calling BOS a failure at this time is absurd.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#48 AnUnderdog

AnUnderdog

Posted 30 November 2014 - 21:12

Question about the sale. I'm thinking of getting the Demo Ultra Upgrade which, as I understand it, is simply a batch of planes…

SPAD XIII,
Fokker D.VII,
Nieuport N.28,
Albatros D.Va,
Fokker DR. 1,
Pfalz D.IIIa,
S.E.5a,
Sopwith Camel,
Albatros D.II,
Nieuport 17,
Sopwith Dolphin,
Albatros D.III,
Pfalz D.XII,
Fokker E.III,
Airco DH.2,
Nieuport 11,
Fokker E.VIII,
Fokker D.VIIF.

I already have some of these but it's still less expensive to buy the demo upgrade than to buy the planes I don't have.

My question is about this "Fokker E.VIII". I don't see this plane on the PLANES page in the store. Is this just a misprint? Should it read "Fokker D.VIII"?

Thanks.

#49 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 30 November 2014 - 22:30

Fokker EV/DVIII (renamed during testing and manufacture)… E for 'Eindecker' one wing, monoplane

#50 AnUnderdog

AnUnderdog

Posted 30 November 2014 - 23:24

Sooo, it's a plane that's not on the plane list? Or what? Sorry, I just don't understand your answer. The Fokker E.III is listed.

#51 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 30 November 2014 - 23:37

How can I rationalize the following juxtaposed statements…
We can already see that BOS is a failure (with all its limitations and odd implementations). It was build in short time and some of the super odd selfdestruction dev decisions will burn in to the ground.

One is just so idiotic, yet the other seems passionate and sincere. Tutko, the navel gazers prognosticating the premature death of BoS have lost sight of the deep picture. Sure, I have seen few happy with stupid unlocks (and I am a vocal opponent of these), but to throw the baby out with the bath water, well that's not future thinking.

BoS is no where near the cripple release that CloD was. It runs well, looks great, and has potential to put many aircraft in the sky for multiplayer.

Yes, I hope for BoS 'trickle-down' to RoF, we all do. So stop the nonsense statements. Negative sh!t like that has a nasty habit of self-fulfillment.

:|

#52 AnUnderdog

AnUnderdog

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:14

Hmm. I decided to take advantage of the sale and purchase the Demo Ultra Upgrade and when I click BUY it then reads "Not Available". It does this for both the Demo Ultra Upgrade and the Demo ICE Upgrade. The discounted prices are shown but I'm not able to buy them. Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

#53 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:36

Hmm. I decided to take advantage of the sale and purchase the Demo Ultra Upgrade and when I click BUY it then reads "Not Available". It does this for both the Demo Ultra Upgrade and the Demo ICE Upgrade. The discounted prices are shown but I'm not able to buy them. Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

IIRC, a while back there seemed to be an issue where the store would not let you buy one of the upgrade packs if you already owned any of the planes in the pack (something about trying to keep people from unwittingly buying duplicate content, IIRC). I've always just bought stuff a la carte from the store so I'm not really sure if it works that way, but if you do happen to own any of the planes in the packs you're trying to buy that may be what's getting in the way. In most sales, you can get just as good a price/value by just buying the content you don't already have separately at the sale prices instead of buying the bundle, but I'm not sure if this current sale would work like that.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 43.jpg

#54 mrVermillion

mrVermillion

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:06

I got the game off of steam fore 60% today and I do not know my game activation key can some one help

#55 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:09

Sorry, but I don't have the Steam version and am not sure how the activation process works for that version. Hopefully some of our Steam-based folks will pop in and let you know how to activate your Steam content.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#56 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:41

One is just so idiotic, yet the other seems passionate and sincere. Tutko, the navel gazers prognosticating the premature death of BoS have lost sight of the deep picture. Sure, I have seen few happy with stupid unlocks (and I am a vocal opponent of these), but to throw the baby out with the bath water, well that's not future thinking.

BoS is no where near the cripple release that CloD was. It runs well, looks great, and has potential to put many aircraft in the sky for multiplayer.

Yes, I hope for BoS 'trickle-down' to RoF, we all do. So stop the nonsense statements. Negative sh!t like that has a nasty habit of self-fulfillment.

Absolutely agree with Bandy. I personally think that BoS is currently the best flight simulator in this time. Devoid of any sense to compare it with disaster named CLOD which keeps alive only Team Fusion.

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#57 blackram

blackram

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:14

Its all about the money Bandy. If BOS (somehow) will be success, then ROF will be abandoned completely or will be held on respirators and BOS will bring money. If BOS fails they can always (maybe not always khm) go back to ROF and their (still faithfull) customers. Whats left of them.
We are passionate about sims.
You are the one of the few from the "I luv you guys circle of trust" and the only one from SYN who expressed openly his dissatisfaction with how some issue arent still fixed in ROF (and BOS I think).

#58 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:39

The biggest obstacle for BoS is 1C. Cliffs had the same problem, and it is because 1C dropped its support that it is a decent sim today.

#59 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 01 December 2014 - 14:42

it is because 1C dropped its support that it is a decent sim today.

That is delusional nonsense.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#60 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 01 December 2014 - 15:11

I got the game off of steam fore 60% today and I do not know my game activation key can some one help

It's described in detail here.

http://steamcommunit...63710928796712/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://steamcommunit...m/app/244050/di … 928796712/

In short, how the activation works and why it's so complicated:

1) Buy and install the game on steam (duh!).
2) Click on RoF in steam library and use "view CD key" option. This is the key you need.
3) You need a RoF game account. It has nothing to do with your steam account, steam is distribution platform and nothing else for RoF. But it is the same as forum accounts here on this site, so after you registered on this forum you already have one.
4) Activate your RoF account in game, by using CD key you got from steam library and email/password you use to login on this forum. If you just try to log in it should ask you for your licence, or use Activate/create new acount option of login screen. If it does not work, try making new RoF account in-game, with different email address you own.
5) Once your account is active, it keeps all your licences (planes, maps, modifications etc you have bought). You can log into any RoF program (say, on your other computer, non-steam version etc) and you'll see the same content.
6) If you buy any DLCs, activate them in game by entering their CD keys, they will add their content to your RoF account.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#61 woodsglen

woodsglen

Posted 01 December 2014 - 19:55

I have not downloaded the demo.. just was ready to purchase on steam but came here.

OK - I see all of the planes - but how do I purchase the actual game?

do I download the demo and then purchase an upgrade?

On the thanksgiving day sale - If I hit select all.. the page scrolls down but i don't see any price - cart - or links.

What's up with this. I would like to get this while its on sale.

Thanks
woodsglen

#62 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:36

I have not downloaded the demo.. just was ready to purchase on steam but came here.

OK - I see all of the planes - but how do I purchase the actual game?

do I download the demo and then purchase an upgrade?

On the thanksgiving day sale - If I hit select all.. the page scrolls down but i don't see any price - cart - or links.

What's up with this. I would like to get this while its on sale.

Thanks
woodsglen

Haven't messed with the Steam version so can't help you if you decide to get it through Steam.

If you decide to get it through the RoF store instead, then here's how I believe it should work:

1. D/L and install the Free-2-Play version from the big green "Download" button at the top of every Forum page. Be sure to make a note of the e-mail and password you use when you install the F2P version. It probably makes sense to use the same combo you used to register for this Forum - that may not be strictly necessary, but will probably make navigating into the store from these Forum pages easier.

2. Launch the game and perform an update to bring the F2P version up to the latest release (1.033c at this point).

3. Go to the RoF store from these Forum pages (make sure you log into the store using the same e-mail/password you used when you installed the F2P version), and buy whatever extra content you want.

4. Start your F2P version of the game, and login "online" using the same e-mail/password combo. All of your purchased content should now be available to you in the game.

5. While maybe not strictly necessary (not sure about this), it is best if you continue buying any additional content the same way, i.e., if you bought your first bunch of stuff from the RoF store, always buy any future content through the RoF store, and if you decide to buy your content through Steam, always buy any future/additional content through Steam.

If you're having problems getting the RoF store to behave/look properly, it may be browser-related. For some reason, I cannot get the RoF store to let me buy anything if I use FireFox - I have to switch to I.E. or Chrome to get the store to work. That started after one of the FireFox updates - it used to work fine for me. Other people have no problem using FireFox, but sometimes have to make sure to hit F5 or F9 or whatever the refresh button is for FireFox to get the store to work.

Good luck!

#63 Endy

Endy

Posted 02 December 2014 - 14:08

That's me up-to-date again. Thanks for the sale. :S!:

#64 Manny_Pfalz

Manny_Pfalz

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:10

Hi Guys,
I'm mildly excited about the ROF innuendos. I've been enjoying flight sims since the Red Baron days, I'm really old. I was pretty disappointed when the ROF team decided to do yet ANOTHER WORLD BORE TWO sim, it's been done to death.
But, I guess that's where the money is, and after all, "A nigga' gotta' eat, yo?" I understand that. I've always TRIED to follow my passion, but passion doesn't pay the bills, does it? I have no interest in BoS. I'm sure it's lovely, good luck and Godspeed.
I quit buying ROF stuff when they announced they were jumping on the coat tails of IL-2. I still play RoF occasionally offline because I don't have the time or energy to be competitive online. But the single player version of RoF leaves A LOT to be desired. It's SO CLOSE to being an EPIC, I hope they finish it, and make it a classic, but odds are they won't. They'll whore themselves out to the nearest corporate cork sucker and try to sell us a "HELLO KITTY" version of Falcon 4.0.
I hope I'm wrong but I've been around a long time and I've seen 'em come and I've seen 'em go.
Regards,
Eeyore

#65 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 03 December 2014 - 16:13

Hi,
I just want to say that I'm one of the brand new pilots "brought in" with this sale (after lurking for a while) and I want to say thank you to everyone who made this sim and keeps it going and growing. I've probably barely got 10 hours of flying under my belt, and I'm awful, but I can't tell you how much fun I'm having. I love how difficult and technical the sim is, the period it takes place in, and how large it is. I'm hooked.

Thanks again,
LP

#66 Ghost_666

Ghost_666

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:09

Hi,
I just want to say that I'm one of the brand new pilots "brought in" with this sale (after lurking for a while) and I want to say thank you to everyone who made this sim and keeps it going and growing. I've probably barely got 10 hours of flying under my belt, and I'm awful, but I can't tell you how much fun I'm having. I love how difficult and technical the sim is, the period it takes place in, and how large it is. I'm hooked.

Thanks again,
LP

:) Welcome to RoF, Glad to have you.

Circling, Circling, in the sun.  Desperately trying to use my gun.  Up and down and around about.  Left and right I through my Scout.  When I had that Hun, on the run.  My little Newport she spun.  Down and down, with speed I went.  Into the ground, without wings I was sent.  In the mess the empty chair is set.  My flying time is spent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users