- - - - -

Thanksgiving Sale

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 26 November 2014 - 15:14

Dear pilots,

Rise of Flight has been on the market for almost 6 years now. Thanks to you it remains to be the game that is alive: it's vast aerial spaces always have a scent of machine oil and powder fume, the life is flowing above the fields and hills, aerodromes and towns. It fuels the engines and their pilots' brave hearts. And that's you who's energising this world to keep ROF's seemingly iternal youth. Thank you, pilots!

And we're going to do our part in keeping the game in a good shape for years to come. Our actual plans are going to be announced later this winter, we'll share them wih you as soon as we are prepared for these next steps.

Meanwhile we would like to express our appreciation to your belief in ROF in the most traditional way - we're starting a big sale both in our Store and on Steam. We guarantee a 60% discount for anything you buy from November 26th 10AM Pacific till December 2nd 10AM Pacific. Be it an item that you have been wanting to have or a present for a friend - all released planes, weapon and field mods, personalization packs and maps - everything goes even cheaper than at half-price.

And of course we wish to say Happy Thanksgiving to our American customers!

#2 blackram

blackram

Posted 26 November 2014 - 15:17

Dude if your gonna work on the new content and FM fixes….this would make my day. Finally a sale which extends at least a day after salary day (at least in my case). :mrgreen:

#3 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 15:23

Thanks Zak …

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#4 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 26 November 2014 - 15:28

I see weapons mods in my near future ! Thanks 777 :0o: :x :S!:

Sorry About That                                                           

#5 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 26 November 2014 - 15:41

… And we're going to do our part in keeping the game in a good shape for years to come. Our actual plans are going to be announced later this winter, we'll share them wih you as soon as we are prepared for these next steps. …

Having plans to make plans is a step in the right direction. :D

:S!:

#6 Happyhaddock

Happyhaddock
  • LocationCloud cuckoo land

Posted 26 November 2014 - 16:22

..And we're going to do our part in keeping the game in a good shape for years to come. Our actual plans are going to be announced later this winter, we'll share them wih you as soon as we are prepared for these next steps.

…well it was said all along that ROF development would go very quiet during work on BOS but that they'd see what they could carry backwards once BOS was launched…

Hopefully a definite announcement will silence the doom-mongers who have been calling ROF dead and abandoned for a long while rather than prove them correct, but any definite news to clarify the situation has to be better than pure speculation.

Here's hoping for more fundamental things like AI or FM fixes and a means for the devs to generate income from such work, rather than just the few new planes they usually put out to keep up cash flow.

HH

#7 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 16:50

Here's hoping for more fundamental things like AI or FM fixes and a means for the devs to generate income from such work, rather than just the few new planes they usually put out to keep up cash flow.
Well, I wouldn't be happy if I just bought RoF on Steam and then found out I have to pay more to get the improved version. You know what I mean, just being devil's advocate here.

I too would love see the much needed improvements, such as FM's happen. But lower your expectation a bit and then be pleasantly surprised is what I always say. :D

#8 Happyhaddock

Happyhaddock
  • LocationCloud cuckoo land

Posted 26 November 2014 - 17:01

But lower your expectation a bit and then be pleasantly surprised is what I always say. :D

The only cause of disappointment has ever been expectation so I have no expectations to lower… but you can bet I'll be watching out to see what they do have to say when they announce "plans" for the future… however I personally feel I've already had my money's worth and more out of ROF so if it came to it and I was asked to pay out again for the improvements many of us would love to see then like many I'd be happy to put my hand back into my wallet for core improvements rather than merely additional content.

HH

#9 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 26 November 2014 - 19:14

Outstanding! I agree with Happyhaddock, more than happy to pay a little cash to keep the ROF fleet flying. Keep up the good work and to hell with the naysayers :)

#10 blackram

blackram

Posted 26 November 2014 - 20:02

Outstanding! I agree with Happyhaddock, more than happy to pay a little cash to keep the ROF fleet flying. Keep up the good work and to hell with the naysayers :)

What are you talking about. Some ppl are unhappy with lack of FM fixes and new content. Fixes are absent more than 2 yrs. Naysayers? Are we members of some sick cult?

#11 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 26 November 2014 - 20:19

I am not buying a thing…

#12 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 26 November 2014 - 20:32

I am not buying a thing…

Too bad, I have everything already ;) Despite some vocal opinions, what we have here is the best WWI sim there is currently, and you can have a lot of fun with it.

The same ones that still protest at that are probably the ones that would also accuse Chill for not knowing anything about the Dr.I because his Dr.I "is not the original one" and go on ranting all obver the place.

I got it all, and I have fun with it. So will you. You buy it, you give devs also a better reason to mend issues that remain, and this reason will be better than a rant.

So thank you Zak, anyway. :S!:
Z

#13 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 26 November 2014 - 20:39

Thanks Zak
Will be waiting on the announcements later this year,and hope it will give this game a longer lease of life,and hopefully the update that I am looking for.

Marvel

#14 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 26 November 2014 - 20:45

Yes, things don't need to be black and white. We can cry about and ask for fixes, be mad, but we can also help the way we can on our end. I am already hooked, so…

But it is good to hear that they have plans for years to come. They already have an excellent platform to improve on. This simulator is very special.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#15 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 21:19

+1 Seawolf…

We can b!tch and complain, but many of us still enjoy it and we max the server most weekends for Vintage Mission, which is a hell of a wild ride each time.

Community needs to host an occassional special event (scattered through-out the year) to get the juices flowing some more. We need to get new people more involved as well, and that means less of the "b!tching and complaining". :D

#16 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 21:28

I am not buying a thing…

Same here.

Because I already own everything.

Looking forward to buying more new things, hopefully.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#17 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 26 November 2014 - 21:33

I just picked up a few planes I never had, and the Weapon Mod for the Sopwith Dolphin is $5, while the rest are the correct low prices. Is this a typo?

I don't recall, was the Dolphin Weapon Mod $10? If so: O_O

The RoF engine feels like flying a light aircraft in weather. I don't remember that about CFS3, but its been a decade. The only thing that makes me want WoFF is the idea of flyable Zeppelins. I'd pay good money for a fully realized Zeppelin game set in this engine (HINT HINT, 777).

Ps Fix Alby DVa please.

#18 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 26 November 2014 - 21:38

Dear pilots,

And we're going to do our part in keeping the game in a good shape for years to come. Our actual plans are going to be announced later this winter, we'll share them wih you as soon as we are prepared for these next steps.
I though I would quote this post for all you pissing and moaning about ROF closing down, what the future is. Be a little patient and learn to read before you start pissing and moaning.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#19 Rivfader

Rivfader

Posted 26 November 2014 - 22:26

MORE DEV SUPPORT = ALLELUIA!!!! :S!:

#20 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 26 November 2014 - 23:05

Community needs to host an occassional special event (scattered through-out the year) to get the juices flowing some more. We need to get new people more involved as well, and that means less of the "b!tching and complaining". :D

I agree. The Sunday Vintage Mission is already a good point to start. It does not even have to be an occasional event – although it could be both.

I am not a gamer and don't know how these things are done, but the Sunday mission could be already advertized at BoS, Ilya, DCS, WOFF and others. It can became a weekly meeting – already is. But I am yet to see it full to capacity with people waiting in line. Could be the goal (grin…).

The Arras map could be "unearthed" too (don't remember who made it and what is the purpose of it – I am just thinking). I don't hear about it for a long time. I am sure it would become a classic, like the Ghota mission at Syndicate, and Wargrounds could create a good plane set and do a permanent 4hs mission with the Arras map every Saturday late afternoon, just on Saturday, to create a mystique. And they are already having a good show every Saturday late afternoon. It could fit their profile, since the server repeats every mission at least twice a day. And it could be rotated after a while with another special map or unique mission.

The servers could get together and set these special dates. But I think a weekly event on every server (Aces Falling too) could be achievable and would certainly heat up the attendance.

Spaced events / co-op missions, such as Bloody April, have little effect in the attendance in my opinion. With all the hassle to register, trial missions and all, it becomes a niche. I never took part in one of them, for example, and I play almost every day.

Well, just brainstorming. But I really think that to have impact in the attendance, it has to be an open / weekly mission, just like the Sunday Vintage of Syndicate. I would go far to say it has been giving some juice to ROF in these difficult times.

But that could be a separate thread… Got carried away, I know :D
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#21 pollux18

pollux18

Posted 26 November 2014 - 23:08

saw the picture can be a map Italy ?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"Il faut préférer la modestie de ceux qui s'associent pour combattre aux triomphes passagers de celui qui s'isole."

Cdt De Rose

#22 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:51

It's beginning to feel a lot (more) like Christmas.
I'm happily awaiting the next news.
(and an option to have machine guns pre-charged or NOT, please)

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#23 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:08

Great stuff. I just got the Hanriot the other week, and this is a great chance to slip my armourer a few francs to fit an overhead Lewis gun for me.
Can't wait for one new RoF news too!

#24 Fudge

Fudge

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:43

I think that I own all the content that I would want at the moment, but will have a good look through to see if I've missed anything. Really looking forward to see what the future holds for RoF and Ilya Murmosets!

#25 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:17

Waiting for the next dev update !

#26 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 27 November 2014 - 13:07

I am not buying a thing…

Too bad, I have everything already ;) Despite some vocal opinions, what we have here is the best WWI sim there is currently, and you can have a lot of fun with it.

The same ones that still protest at that are probably the ones that would also accuse Chill for not knowing anything about the Dr.I because his Dr.I "is not the original one" and go on ranting all obver the place.

I got it all, and I have fun with it. So will you. You buy it, you give devs also a better reason to mend issues that remain, and this reason will be better than a rant.

So thank you Zak, anyway. :S!:
Z

No point in me buying anything if I already have it all is there… :)

It makes me laugh how quick the knives come out to tell people to stop bitching and moaning when we get literally no word from the devs for flippin weeks, and yet when fans here have supported and bought everything the developers have produced we are expected to meekly be extremely happy when we are thrown the odd bone from the dev's.

Loyalty goes two ways… I don't care how busy they are with Bo$, people bought into this game because they love WWI aviation, and it would be a gesture to loyal fans to keep someone working on this side of their ventures.

#27 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 27 November 2014 - 13:49

The same ones that still protest at that are probably the ones that would also accuse Chill for not knowing anything about the Dr.I because his Dr.I "is not the original one" and go on ranting all over the place.

No, I don't think those two things have anything to do with each other.

#28 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 14:01

Well IF you have it ALL and feel in the sharing mood, then buy something for someone else …. then perhaps next time they will do the same thing …. anyway, you get the idea.

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies & Gentlemen ….. and remember to appreciate more of what we have as to what we do not have …. it's a whole lot more fun.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#29 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 November 2014 - 14:09

Nothing to buy…
:(

#30 Endy

Endy

Posted 27 November 2014 - 21:00

Good news about the upcoming news.

#31 Retro-Burn

Retro-Burn
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 November 2014 - 23:41

Very cool indeed. Finished rounding off the entire fleet.

#32 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:25

Any comment on the Dolphin Weapon Mod being $5? That seems…un-reduced. I'm holding off buying some Weapon Mods so that when this sale ends, if the Dolphin Mod is still $5, I can get the normal 50% for 4.

EDIT: I emailed them and they Fixed it. $2 as should be now.

#33 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:29

I can not buy anything, because I have everything. But I look forward to new things. I hope that the next update will come soon. :S!:

#34 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:27

Thanks, I did some shopping! :S!:

I can't wait for the news. It's great to hear RoF is not completely forgotten by the devs. The 2 Italian Nieuports make me wonder about an Italian front map? Oh, and if only the FM revisions would be completed…

Anyway, looking forward to the news!

#35 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 28 November 2014 - 14:04

RoF 2.0 with BoS map technology and FM revisions would be great. Customer just needs to login to access previously purchased aircraft and extras.

#36 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 28 November 2014 - 17:16

I can't wait for the news. It's great to hear RoF is not completely forgotten by the devs. The 2 Italian Nieuports make me wonder about an Italian front map? Oh, and if only the FM revisions would be completed…

Snowball's chance in hell of that! :roll:

#37 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 28 November 2014 - 18:46

gavagai do you enjoy string crap, is it the smell? :)

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#38 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 28 November 2014 - 19:26

News about future of ROF during the winter…but winter is long (21 dec 2014 to march 20 2015).

34zg6jd.jpg

#39 Ghost_666

Ghost_666

Posted 29 November 2014 - 00:54

Snowball's chance in hell of that! :roll:

Gavagai, In some societys hell is a cold, frozen place, where a snowball has a chance. :lol:

And there has been a rumor that these cold places are inhabited by trolls, kind of like here. :lol:

Circling, Circling, in the sun.  Desperately trying to use my gun.  Up and down and around about.  Left and right I through my Scout.  When I had that Hun, on the run.  My little Newport she spun.  Down and down, with speed I went.  Into the ground, without wings I was sent.  In the mess the empty chair is set.  My flying time is spent.

#40 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:27

Nothing to buy…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users