- - - - -

Possible server issues September 26-30

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 26 September 2014 - 18:53

Dear pilots,

Rise of Flight is using Amazon services for most of the network related features.
Unfortunatelly (although it's something positive in a long term perspective) they've scheduled some massive maintenance from September 26 till September 30th that may influence our game as well. It looks like that this procedure has already started.
We are sorry for this inconvenience. However there's not much we could do about it. The bright side is that these works are intended to improve the overall service quality. Yes, we're optimists here :)
Thanks for understanding!

#2 blackram

blackram

Posted 26 September 2014 - 19:19

Does the Amazon have red stars on its wings? hehe

#3 Jokili

Jokili

Posted 26 September 2014 - 19:40

Hallo Zag

please do this earlier. Than we know whats going on.
I love RoF mor than other flightsims. Please never let it die.

But how can a bolschevik fight for freedom? Question to your avatar

#4 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 20:13

Thank you for letting us know, 777!

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#5 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 September 2014 - 20:36

That answered my questions! Thanks Zak! I always appreciate your information posts. :S!:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#6 Fokker_you

Fokker_you

Posted 26 September 2014 - 20:56

Damn the 30th is tuesday! no RoF at all this weekend!!!!!!!

:shock: :cry: :( :evil: :twisted: :cry: :xx:

#7 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:23

But how can a bolschevik fight for freedom? Question to your avatar

They are American propaganda posters from WWII: https://commons.wiki...hts_For_Freedom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://commons.wiki...a.org/wiki/Cate … or_Freedom

#8 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:50

Thanks for heads up, Zak! I'm relieved it's not a random error, my first worry was "server down, wonder if they'll have time to fix it before BoS launch ;) ".

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#9 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:05

Good to know strong women are toiling unceasingly to make things better.

#10 eken

eken

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:45

Thanks for the heads up. Will just play offline until they are finished.

#11 FVK

FVK

Posted 28 September 2014 - 16:12

Sure would like to play single player career offline but you guys sort of fowled up that prospect…

#12 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 September 2014 - 16:59

Sure would like to play single player career offline but you guys sort of fowled up that prospect…

Yeah, that would be nice, but it's not the way the career mode was designed and it's not likely to be something that they can or should spend a lot of time and resources trying to change at this point. The server problems are annoying but they don't happen that often and they tend to be fixed fairly quickly (I've had no problems getting online in RoF since that first day of this latest issue).

I always keep a career/campaign going in PWCG as well as in the beta career mode - if there are any problems logging in online you can always switch over and fly some PWCG mission offline till the problems get fixed. That's one of the beauties of RoF - lots of options and things to do even when something gets broken from time to time.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#13 SYN_Semispud

SYN_Semispud

Posted 28 September 2014 - 19:32

I am unable to connect but the rest of my squadron can (more than a bit frustrating).

Does anyone know what messages you'd receive for the connection issues related to the Amazon work?

I'm getting the following:
#1 No connection with authorization server
#2 Your connection to the Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection.

#14 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 28 September 2014 - 19:33

I cant join to Masterserver. Two days. Other guys connect without any problems, but me - impossible. it is for Amazon or..?

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#15 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 28 September 2014 - 19:35

I am unable to connect but the rest of my squadron can (more than a bit frustrating).

Does anyone know what messages you'd receive for the connection issues related to the Amazon work?

I'm getting the following:
#2 Your connection to the Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection.

Ah I see that im not alone. Have the same messages like SYN_Semispud.

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#16 Genius

Genius

Posted 28 September 2014 - 19:37

Same,

No master server, no vintage mission for me :o :cry: :cry:

#17 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 28 September 2014 - 21:57

How can this be that members of our squad (and other friends) from S.Africa, to Netherlands, France, Ireland, … and U.S. all be able to get on Vintage Mission today, when others from these same locations are blocked?

Apologies, but WTF!

#18 FVK

FVK

Posted 28 September 2014 - 22:53

Yeah, that would be nice, but it's not the way the career mode was designed and it's not likely to be something that they can or should spend a lot of time and resources trying to change at this point. The server problems are annoying but they don't happen that often and they tend to be fixed fairly quickly (I've had no problems getting online in RoF since that first day of this latest issue).

I always keep a career/campaign going in PWCG as well as in the beta career mode - if there are any problems logging in online you can always switch over and fly some PWCG mission offline till the problems get fixed. That's one of the beauties of RoF - lots of options and things to do even when something gets broken from time to time.

Yes of course, but it says a lot that the safeties in this game were built like a glass Titanic…

#19 Genius

Genius

Posted 30 September 2014 - 21:20

I can not connect since September 27, I hope this will be resolved tomorrow :cry: :cry:

#20 SYN_Semispud

SYN_Semispud

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:48

Its September 30th and I still can't log in.

This is not promising. :shock: :(

I will try not to panic until tomorrow.

#21 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:12

I can not connect since September 27, I hope this will be resolved tomorrow :cry: :cry:

Its September 30th and I still can't log in.

This is not promising. :shock: :(

I will try not to panic until tomorrow.

Same here friends. Still waiting for connection to Masterserver…

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#22 guitar12

guitar12

Posted 01 October 2014 - 16:09

The server problem is cured but has left another, I now have planes not loading due to 'D3D memory error' and what does run has a reduced frame rate! I suspect this may have been caused not by the server but by my running the recovery? any clue anybody?

#23 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 01 October 2014 - 16:34

I am still unable to connect for this stupid messages:

… waiting time is continue…

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#24 J30Hangman

J30Hangman
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2014 - 20:57

I still cant get on. Guess I will find something else to do with my time.

#25 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:11

Cloud gaming. Ooooh yeeaah!!

I wonder how RoF is going to work in 2030…

#26 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:38

I trying join again just now. Still the same two stupid messages:

#2 Your connection to the Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#27 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 02 October 2014 - 17:30

Got it, looking into the issue. Sorry that it's happening again.

#28 Genius

Genius

Posted 02 October 2014 - 20:53

I trying join again just now. Still the same two stupid messages:

#2 Your connection to the Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection

Same here to date :cry: :x :x :x :x :xx: :xx:

#29 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:17

Gents, our logs say that you've successfully logged in. Anyway if the problem persists, please contact our customer support, and we'll try to help.

#30 SYN_Semispud

SYN_Semispud

Posted 03 October 2014 - 14:25

The problem persists. Will troubleshoot tomorrow when I have the time. :(

#31 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 03 October 2014 - 14:33

Gents, our logs say that you've successfully logged in. Anyway if the problem persists, please contact our customer support, and we'll try to help.

Zak, your logs is wrong. I am trying join to RoF online again and again - since september 27th. This two messages are from today, maybe 10 minutes before:

Please repair this stupid bug. Im not alone who cant join to (our) game.

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#32 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 03 October 2014 - 15:08

JG1Baron_J6 I don't think it is a bug or Master Server issue, I get the same massage from time to time.
You might have to reset your DNS.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#33 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 03 October 2014 - 17:00

I did. Still the same. :(

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#34 Genius

Genius

Posted 03 October 2014 - 21:25

Same error :evil:

#35 J30Hangman

J30Hangman
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 23:18

this game was almost dead, now it is .When you cannot even log on to play anymore.
R.I.P. I WILL FIND SOME OTHER GAME TO PLAY.

#36 Kekuschel

Kekuschel

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:50

While I understand there are going to be updates and issues etc., how this has played out has been "slightly" frustrating. I have loved this game and have made several add-on purchases; however, due to this issue I will not likely buy any of your other products as when I make a purchase I expect it to function as advertised. Please resolve this issue quickly before you lose more of your customer base. Respectfully submitted.

#37 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:14

Gentlemen I know frustrations of not connecting to ROF, but I suspect it is not the Master Server at fault.
There could a number of things causing your connection problems. here is a article that could explain a lot.www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsp/article.php/3613781/Networking-101--Understanding-Internet-Routing-and-Peering.htm

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#38 SYN_Semispud

SYN_Semispud

Posted 04 October 2014 - 13:44

I do appreciate the complexities of internet routing. I have done all I can from an end node (rebooting my router, rebooting my modem, taking my cable modem offline for 24 hours to reset its connection completely, etc…). Usually connection problems begin with a change.

I do find it a little dubious that I have had a solid connection to the master server for years. Then suddenly I cannot maintain a connection to the server well enough to even log in. Additionally there are many others who are having this problem, and it just happens to have started happening when they have performed server maintenance.

I have not given up on the product, but frustration levels are getting higher everyday.

If I wanted frustration I could just go to back to work, or go hang around the Department of Motor Vehicles.

#39 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 04 October 2014 - 14:37

Yes, i have the same feeling like Semispud. And the same experiences. Solution is on the 777 side.

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#40 RESCATOR

RESCATOR

Posted 04 October 2014 - 14:44

I am unable to connect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an outrage why the program has paid for and I can not use it, I feel cheated.
Or do legally steps to authorities on charges of fraud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users