Photo
- - - - -

Elevator Problem - Joystick or Something Else?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 04 November 2014 - 19:55

I use a logitech 3d also. All of the planes pitch up with a neutral stick. If you want to level things out somewhat soften the linear curve so it looks like a shallow ellipse. I've done this on the DR1.

For planes with sensitive rudders, elevators use a modified S curve to create a relative dead zone around the center so small hand movements wont jerk the plane around.

#42 Arfsix

Arfsix
  • LocationGalveston, Texas USA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 00:05

Pardon me, I am having a Homer D'oh moment. When was the Plane Control: Stabilizer command added? :0o:

The heavens were the grandstands and only the gods were spectators. The stake was the world, the forfeit was the player's place at the table, and the game had no recess. It was the most dangerous of all sports and the most fascinating. It got in the blood like wine. It aged men forty years in forty days. It ruined nervous systems in an hour. -- Elliott White Springs, 13 Victories

#43 Danelov

Danelov

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:49

Working after the picture and the video posted by Hillbilly, I have modified the curves for the Spad VII 150 hp,180hp and the XIII and must say, now is a lot better, much more stable in turns without this sensation of be in the edge of loss of control and crash. Tested in combat with Albatros D.III and Dvs. 

Roll and yaw with seven points in the curve and pitch as the picture with 50 % in the lower cuadrant.

If Spads were good for boom and zoom(Fonck favorites), they were also not bad and restricted for turning combat as Guymeyer had demostrated several times and specially.in his famous duel with Udet.     

#44 DenisZhan

DenisZhan

Posted 29 October 2015 - 18:26

As per my experience the elevator is in a slight up position and also you have to counter it by pushing the joystick forward.

The trim changes the angle of the entire rear stabilizer.
I am working with the calibrated Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. When I'm not touching the stick, the little indicator on the response curve is dead center, where it should be.

So either the joystick is sending false inputs in spite of this, or something weird is going on in the game.

printed circuit board

#45 SharpeXB

SharpeXB
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 29 October 2015 - 19:56

The reason you see your elevator deflected up when your joystick is centered is because the real aircrafts center position is forward of where your spring loaded sticks is. Your desktop joystick isn't really centered as far as the plane is concerned, it's actually pulling back a bit.

And old post which explains this fully, this was written before RoF got the custom response adjustment menu.

http://riseofflight....e/?fromsearch=1
Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28” Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users