Photo
- - - - -

Version 1.033c - Hotfix

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:02

Just keep cocking your gun(s) manually and pretend they didn't change it.

"Just pretend" is what you tell 8 year olds, not adult flight simmers ;)

It's not a deal breaker, but to lose that "lock and load" sound of cocking your guns is disappointing, in particular when it could have been made a Settings option defaulted to pre-cocked but able to be turned off. Nobody likes to see the game dumbed down for the short attention span crowd.

#42 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:11

So… pre-cocked guns for everyone!

That reminds me of the Wendy's commercial with the Russian woman modeling dresses for evening wear, summer wear, at the beach…all the same government issue grey dress! :lol:

Uniformity is the bane of western civilization!

#43 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:45

:)

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#44 josef_baran

josef_baran

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:23

sorry for my ignorance - before i take off i always hit the r key and here my guns …

is this not what you are all discussing - obviously i am misunderstanding??

regards, Ron

#45 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:57

Hi,

I believe the cocking guns issue was not addressed at this time as it requires a GUI rewrite(whether small or large I dunno) and the devs are strapped for time with their other projects. I'm sure it's on their minds(and hopefully agenda) and we will see a satisfactory outcome in the future. Yeah, it saddens me also, but still having a blast flying this sim! :S!:

#46 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 15:14

The bottom line fine gentle Sim Pilots is to not pout but be merry and enjoy what we have. Let's fly ……

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#47 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 30 August 2014 - 20:34

Any idea what items 12 and 13 were - they appear to be missing from the changelog?!

#48 mac495

mac495

Posted 30 August 2014 - 20:45

"Sim" right, maybe we have to "unlock" cocking of said guns…

When does this come out on PS4?

#49 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 30 August 2014 - 23:10

When does this come out on PS4?

Right after the whining about trivial issues ceases.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#50 Ghost_666

Ghost_666

Posted 31 August 2014 - 00:17

;) I may be looking for trouble here.

I always cook my guns before flight, I like to. But I believe this to be (IMHO) a non-historical act. There was, and still is a guy or two running around known as armorers. There only job was the care and feeding of the guns. So as the mechanics started and warmed the engines, they ensured that the guns worked and the ammo was laid in the feed tray just right. Every thing set to fire. :x

So are we now complaining that they made the game more historical? :lol:

Just asking.

Circling, Circling, in the sun.  Desperately trying to use my gun.  Up and down and around about.  Left and right I through my Scout.  When I had that Hun, on the run.  My little Newport she spun.  Down and down, with speed I went.  Into the ground, without wings I was sent.  In the mess the empty chair is set.  My flying time is spent.

#51 Tempest5

Tempest5

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:49

Mein Gott!Und Himmel!!! Vhat have they done mit mein fluezueg! I can't cock my Spandaus. :(

#52 Angelonegro

Angelonegro

Posted 31 August 2014 - 22:59

Thanks

#53 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:50

Funny, did someone ask the customers if they wanted this gun cocking change? I don't recall anyone asking us our opinion.

#54 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:18

Funny, did someone ask the customers if they wanted this gun cocking change? I don't recall anyone asking us our opinion.

They didn't ask because it has nothing to do with you. It was the most common problem that new people were having. They changed it so that they didn't have to respond to so many people who were having that problem. Your opinion on that situation (and most other situations, actually) is completely irrelevant.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#55 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:28

Great one Ghost! Just think of Jason as your own personal armorer. He'll cock your guns for you.

#56 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 15:01

Mein Gott!Und Himmel!!! Vhat have they done mit mein fluezueg! I can't cock my Spandaus. :(

iLOLed

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#57 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 03 September 2014 - 00:26

;) I may be looking for trouble here.

I always cook my guns before flight, I like to. But I believe this to be (IMHO) a non-historical act. There was, and still is a guy or two running around known as armorers. There only job was the care and feeding of the guns. So as the mechanics started and warmed the engines, they ensured that the guns worked and the ammo was laid in the feed tray just right. Every thing set to fire. :x

So are we now complaining that they made the game more historical? :lol:

Just asking.

The armorers loaded the ammunition into the trays. They did NOT load the first round into the chamber.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#58 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 03 September 2014 - 00:41

They didn't ask because it has nothing to do with you. It was the most common problem that new people were having. They changed it so that they didn't have to respond to so many people who were having that problem. Your opinion on that situation (and most other situations, actually) is completely irrelevant.

As often as not, questions and complaints from newbies who will not take the time to read the manual are answered in forums by the community.
Not asking the community before making the change was wrong.
Making the change and not at least giving us an option via settings was wrong.
It has EVERYTHING to do with us, the customer base … especially those of us who have supported RoF from release by buying everything that has been offered.

As to your last line … it is not worthy of comment, though I very well could.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#59 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:43

Havent used ROF for a while and found now that while practicing in single player mode that the Sopwith Camel had its bomb load, I selected no bombs, then after selecting the cut-out, the bombs reappeared although I did not select them.
I have only noticed it so far on the Camel, but it seems that somehow the bomb load gets affected when you select things from the weapons pack.
I have both updates installed.
8-)

#60 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 September 2014 - 14:50

As often as not, questions and complaints from newbies who will not take the time to read the manual are answered in forums by the community.
It has EVERYTHING to do with us, the customer base … especially those of us who have supported RoF from release by buying everything that has been offered.

Comment all you want, I really don't care. They made a change that makes their lives easier and helps noobs fire their guns at least once before getting killed. If that makes you unhappy, tough crap.

Free Plank!

#61 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 September 2014 - 14:53

Havent used ROF for a while and found now that while practicing in single player mode that the Sopwith Camel had its bomb load, I selected no bombs, then after selecting the cut-out, the bombs reappeared although I did not select them.
I have only noticed it so far on the Camel, but it seems that somehow the bomb load gets affected when you select things from the weapons pack.
I have both updates installed.
8-)

That is how it has worked since the weapon mods were introduced.

Free Plank!

#62 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:56

Hello all you old chaps. :S!:

Is it just me or the update (at the moment?) doesn't work ?

[20:39:58] Checking for updates
[20:40:04] Started update
[20:40:28] Failed to perform update, see update.log for details

recovery also doen't work.

[20:46:06] Starting recovery…
[20:46:10] Started update
[20:46:34] Failed to perform update, see update.log for details

or am I doeing sometings wrong.
Though… it's not my first. :roll:

All this wouldn't be a problem at all except…
that I can't play the damn game - it keeps
telling me to update it "from the start screen". 8-)

#63 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 05 September 2014 - 22:28

tvrtko try restarting your computer then try the update.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#64 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 06 September 2014 - 16:13

Comment all you want, I really don't care. They made a change that makes their lives easier and helps noobs fire their guns at least once before getting killed. If that makes you unhappy, tough crap.

Whatever the reasons for your personal animosity toward Gavagai, it comes down to this:

Who has actually made a significant contribution to RoF, you or Gavagai?

That's right, NOT you, in any way.

#65 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 September 2014 - 21:14

Whatever the reasons for your personal animosity toward Gavagai, it comes down to this:

Who has actually made a significant contribution to RoF, you or Gavagai?

That's right, NOT you, in any way.

And yet they continue to ignore his constant whining and complaining. That should tell you what his "contribution" has actually been worth. That's right, NOTHING.

Free Plank!

#66 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 06 September 2014 - 23:15

tvrtko! Maybe empty the updates file. And update…

#67 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:57

tvrtko try restarting your computer then try the update.
tvrtko! Maybe empty the updates file. And update…
Thanks for trying to help guys. Thing is…
I think I know why my game won't update but I don't have any solution for now. :(
Thing is… I don't have internet at home (yup) so I can't really test diferent things.
I bring my pc here at work (luckily it's not really far) from time to time and update
the game (and rest of my programs that need to be updated, like antivirus) when
some new plane came up (and that's not too often these days anyway :twisted: ) and/or
when there's some major game update. So…
since I didn't taken 1.033b as some a "must have update", I don't use multiplayer
anyway so there's no need to have same and latest version as everyone else, and
not to carry my pc here I skip that update.
When "c" version appear I bring pc here for update but then this problem arise. I
am not sure (and how can I be?) but maybe this could be the reason for problem. :?
Is there some way to manually update the game to "b" then "c" or… ? Or maybe,
just maybe - that wasn't the reason after all ?? :?
Anyhow, now I don't have the solution, I can't play the game at home (it keep
telling me that new version is out and that I should update) and even if I bring
my pc here I still wouldn't be able to update so… what should I do ? Except to
completely reinstalling the whole game, of course !?! Please don't tell me this as
there's so many modified stuff in it.
I'm not sure, tbh, that you guys can help me anyway since it's really hard to help
someone when you don't know all the data. So my best hope that some of the
developers will read this and take some time to give me their best advice. Maybe
I should write into "Technical Support" section anyway ? :?
Thanks for reading. I realise now that this was long and, probably, boring story.
Sorry fot that. But I'm really out of options here… :(

#68 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 09 September 2014 - 23:22

Right gun still fires without engine running Alby DVa.

This suggests that the guns are modelled as full-auto weapons that are interrupted by engine rotation. In reality this was never practical to implement, so the guns were semi-auto that required engine rotation to fire them.

Polish-infested London

#69 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:09

Right gun still fires without engine running Alby DVa.

This suggests that the guns are modelled as full-auto weapons that are interrupted by engine rotation. In reality this was never practical to implement, so the guns were semi-auto that required engine rotation to fire them.

No, it has to do with the fact that the right-hand gun on the Albatroses could fire when the propeller was in a certain position with the engine off. It doesn't have anything to do with interrupters.

#70 GregiFo

GregiFo

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:40

It's great but after this last update, during flying scenery is like blincking..It did not do that before
:?: :?: :?:

#71 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 11 September 2014 - 14:49

It's great but after this last update, during flying scenery is like blincking..It did not do that before
:?: :?: :?:

I am also experiencing that. It might be a random blank frame, because the feeling is that a lightning stroke nearby, or God is playing with a weld somewhere :D

Maybe VGA driver? I am not sure. But it started with the latest updates.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#72 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 11 September 2014 - 16:34

No, it has to do with the fact that the right-hand gun on the Albatroses could fire when the propeller was in a certain position with the engine off. It doesn't have anything to do with interrupters.

If course it has nothing to do with interrupters, that system isn't known to have been used. The guns are triggered by engine rotation. Are you saying that the guns on the Albatros could fire full-auto? In case you haven't tested it, that's what's happening.

Polish-infested London

#73 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 11 September 2014 - 21:38

Are you saying that the guns on the Albatros could fire full-auto? In case you haven't tested it, that's what's happening.

What I'm saying is that's the way the synchronization system worked on the Albatros: with the propeller in the ~1 o'clock position, the right-hand MG could fire with the propeller not spinning. If that means they could fire full auto, then yes.

#74 Jellybeantiger

Jellybeantiger

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:32

Does not work with PW campaign generator

#75 Jellybeantiger

Jellybeantiger

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:35

Just farted around in CFS 3 for hours and CTDS galore now I can't get PWCG to work and WHERE IS THE VERSION info of ROF?

thank you.

My moustache is getting twirled.

#76 The_Dame

The_Dame

Posted 30 September 2014 - 14:11

where do you download it from or does the updater do it all. How can you verify the update has been installed

Regards,

The Dame

#77 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 September 2014 - 18:25

where do you download it from or does the updater do it all. How can you verify the update has been installed

Regards,

The Dame

The updater does it all. Although it may not be absolutely necessary, I always also run a recovery from the launcher/updater after each patch/update, just to make sure everything worked OK.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#78 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 September 2014 - 18:32

Just farted around in CFS 3 for hours and CTDS galore now I can't get PWCG to work and WHERE IS THE VERSION info of ROF?

thank you.

My moustache is getting twirled.

It's here:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users