- - - - -

Version 1.033c - Hotfix

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:11

Dear pilots!

We've deployed an update containing a hotfix for v.1.033b. Here's the change log for it:

1. Fixed: view system not working and saving head position with F10 key. Both pilot and gunner positions.
2. Fixed: Pan and Snap views super slow and speed controls not having an effect whether set in game or in launcher.
3. Fixed: Planes loose ALL elevator control when in a spin. They lock up and no way to recover.
4. Fixed: Some planes have a different Camera Spin in the hangar than the rest.
5. Fixed: Propeller disk is different and "uglier" on HD.2 than HD.1.
6. Fixed: The back end of the barrel shroud is missing on guns on HD.1 and HD.2, which means the player can look right through the inside of the gun.
7. Fixed: Throttle and mixture animations are backwards for HD-1 and HD-2. The other way is historically correct.
8. Fixed: Speed gauge shows Indicated Airspeed instead of True Airspeed for HD-1 and HD-2.
9. Fixed: No cocking sound for the balloon guns even with engine off.
10. Fixed: If their is wind blowing and the HD.2 starts to move a bit, the engine will not start no matter what you do.
11. Fixed: Squadron skins for squad 101501 in Career Mode (CAM Dunkerque) for HD.2s are not showing.
12. Fixed: Photo missions for Strutter in Career Mode missiing.
13. Fixed: Strutter B should have bombsight.
14. Fixed: Luascripts of barbed03 object still missing.

#2 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:37

That was fast! Thank you!
But what about the pre-cocked guns? No fix here?
Anyway, Thx for all the other fixes!
:S!:
Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz watercooled with be-Quiet Silent Loop 240, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 7,5cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#3 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:51

Thank you very much

#4 Genius

Genius

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:53

Thanks Team for the update ! :S!:

But can team let us cock the Guns by ourselfs again ? :x Or maybe as an option for noob player ?

#5 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:54

That was fast! Thank you!
But what about the pre-cocked guns? No fix here?
Anyway, Thx for all the other fixes!
Flo

That isn't a bug. That is a change designed to limit the problems with people not understanding why their guns won't fire.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#6 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:46

Right gun still fires without engine running Alby DVa.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#7 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:46

Thanks! :S!:

#8 veltjens

veltjens

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:49

THANKS! :-)

#9 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:10

Thanks guys!

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:16

Presumably, the hotfix only addressed the specific fixes noted in the changelog posted above, which also presumably means that some of the issues (like the one noted above) haven't been addressed yet.

Jason had previously indicated that some fixes would take longer than others, and I suspect that (as requested by many Forum members) they decided to go ahead and get these more major problem fixes released as soon as they could, rather than to delay them while waiting for the other issues to be addressed.

Patience, grasshoppers :)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#11 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:18

Great to see, but please set the gun cocking feature back to the way or was, or make it an option or something. :/

#12 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 23:01

Presumably, the hotfix only addressed the specific fixes noted in the changelog posted above, which also presumably means that some of the issues (like the one noted above) haven't been addressed yet.

Jason had previously indicated that some fixes would take longer than others, and I suspect that (as requested by many Forum members) they decided to go ahead and get these more major problem fixes released as soon as they could, rather than to delay them while waiting for the other issues to be addressed.

Alby DVa right gun firing with prop in 1 o' Clock position is normal. That spot happens to allow the right gun to fire. It does not fire in all other positions.

Jason

#13 m2dpost

m2dpost

Posted 28 August 2014 - 23:05

Thank you so much!!! You guys are amazing!

Mike

#14 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 23:11

Thanks devs! Most appreciate your hard work on this.

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#15 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 28 August 2014 - 23:24

S!

many thanks !!! :S!:

sig9.png

#16 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 29 August 2014 - 00:18

Thanks for hotfix c :S!:

#17 flugkapitan

flugkapitan

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:21

Many thanks, Jason & team!!

#18 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:30

Thanks a lot!
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#19 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:37

Thanks for the quick fix. :S!:

#20 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:38

Doubt that's gonna happen mate, sadly. This posted by Jason, here;

Another Hotfix (1.33c) is being worked on.

Note

Once 1.33c is out, we will then be focusing on completing our development schedule for BOS and IM. Any ROF related news after that I will let you know.

Also I'm sure I read somewhere that 'Cocking Guns' will stay as is and will not return to prior condition.

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#21 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:33

Much thanks to the devs for the prompt fixes for this fantastic sim.

Vitae elit Brevior

#22 SYN_Mugue

SYN_Mugue

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:53

Thanks for the quick fix. It's greatly appreciated.

#23 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:15

Thanks ! much obliged to preorder new aeroplane :)

34zg6jd.jpg

#24 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:24

Sad ….

Attached Images

• GUN-tombstone-2.jpg

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#25 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:36

Sad ….

It is beyond sad … it is damned disappointing.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#26 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:44

Sad ….

It is beyond sad … it is damned disappointing.

+1

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#27 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:55

Seriously you guys? You're actually sad about that, and/or disappointed? I consider it a total triviality and non-event.

Just keep cocking your gun(s) manually and pretend they didn't change it. Based on well documented MP stats where even the best pilots are around 30% accuracy (if that), the 1-2 bullets you'll lose probably wouldn't have hit anything anyways.

For my part, I played a couple hours last night and everything worked great. Loved it! Thanks 777 for all the hard work and for fixing something that was accidentally broken.

#28 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:58

Seriously you guys? You're actually sad about that, and/or disappointed?

Just keep cocking your gun(s) manually and pretend they didn't change it. Based on well documented MP stats where even the best pilots are around 30% accuracy (if that), the 1-2 bullets you'll lose wouldn't have hit anything anyways.
:S!: :D

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#29 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 16:17

Thanks for the hotfix.

I miss the manual cocking of the gun,too. A little thing that add immersion. And the newcomer (who doesn't bother to read the manual/binding his keys) for whom it was done, will be in the same "trouble" at his first misfire. So, next step will be to delete misfires too?

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#30 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 29 August 2014 - 16:40

Thanks!!

#31 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 29 August 2014 - 17:15

Thanks for the hotfix.

I miss the manual cocking of the gun,too. A little thing that add immersion. And the newcomer (who doesn't bother to read the manual/binding his keys) for whom it was done, will be in the same "trouble" at his first misfire. So, next step will be to delete misfires too?

+1000. I would like the guns resumed as tho were before 1.033.
But thank you for the quick fix 777!

#32 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 29 August 2014 - 17:34

thanks for the quick fix! testing it right now..

+1 on the gun thing

#33 Gump

Gump

Posted 29 August 2014 - 18:04

sheesh! i go away for a little while and things happen. why is that?

#34 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 29 August 2014 - 19:09

Seriously you guys? You're actually sad about that, and/or disappointed? I consider it a total triviality and non-event.

Just keep cocking your gun(s) manually and pretend they didn't change it. Based on well documented MP stats where even the best pilots are around 30% accuracy (if that), the 1-2 bullets you'll lose probably wouldn't have hit anything anyways.

For my part, I played a couple hours last night and everything worked great. Loved it! Thanks 777 for all the hard work and for fixing something that was accidentally broken.

In the sense that IT is NOT a game breaker, I agree. However, IF it was of no consequence to begin with, to most, then why was it changed?

But all in all it is what it is. I was just paying my last respects to IT. And nothing more.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#35 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 29 August 2014 - 20:53

Well, Award Bug for campaigns still not fixed.

Guess it will never happen.

#36 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 29 August 2014 - 20:59

In the sense that IT is NOT a game breaker, I agree. However, IF it was of no consequence to begin with, to most, then why was it changed?

But all in all it is what it is. I was just paying my last respects to IT. And nothing more.

I respect that and am sorry if I came across too strong. I would rather the guns be uncocked at flight start, too, and don't really follow the logic presented ("it's for newbies"), but I'm not going to be upset about it.

I do have a wild conjecture about the cause, though:

Maybe they are planning a sort of kiosk setup for that Russian air museum they built Ilya Muromets for, and they don't want to deal with drop-in players not understanding how to shoot (because the gun might not be cocked). They also don't want to deal with two separate core code bases (one for RoF and one for IM). So… pre-cocked guns for everyone!

Who knows, maybe it's something like that.

#37 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 August 2014 - 21:45

Which "award bug" are you referring to? (and did you mean "campaigns" (if so, which one(s)) or did you mean "careers"?)

As noted above, just because it wasn't in this particular hotfix does not necessarily mean that it "will never happen".

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#38 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 21:50

Which "award bug" are you referring to? (and did you mean "campaigns" (if so, which one(s)) or did you mean "careers"?)

As noted above, just because it wasn't in this particular hotfix does not necessarily mean that it "will never happen".

St Mihiel Campaign Support Thread

Still unfixed since the release of the campaign, in December 2011.

#39 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 30 August 2014 - 00:10

Any time that the game is dumbed down for the sake of a minority opinion/complaint, we all lose. Lower the immersion and you anger long-time customers.
Please do the right thing and give us a choice between pre-cocked and un-cocked guns.
Hotfix 1.033d, PLEASE.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#40 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:21

@ Surfimp and @ borntoolate ….. I'm not mad at anyone, seriously. Things will fall as they will and I merely express my opinion on a subject but I do not list it as a "priority" in ant way.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users