Photo
- - - - -

Update: Version 1.033b

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#81 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:05

Luke knows more about this stuff, so he may have a different answer, but IIRC the new plane types may not show up if you still have a full complement of the old plane types left on that date - they may not start showing up until you have some losses. At least, I think I remember seeing posts to that effect some time ago. Maybe try damaging some of the N17s on the ground in a mission and see if some Hanriots show up as replacements?

That's correct - sometimes you won't get a new aircraft type on the scheduled date if you have a full complement of aircraft already.

Actually, you have to lose a pilot (with his plane) in order to eat into the supply. Crashed planes get repaired and stay in the squadron. It would be better to start a career AFTER the plane switch.

#82 pollux18

pollux18

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:45

Hi,

First off, thanks for the update & keep them coming. Liked the realism of cocking/reloading the guns, so if it can be reverted to that(or at least a box to tick in the settings) it would be greatly appreciated.

I agree - I understand the rationale Jason expressed, and I don't have any problem with making things easier for noob players, BUT if they were going to add this I wish they had done it as an option that could be unticked. Like pre-warmed engines, you could have a "pre-cocked guns" setting, and could even have it ticked by default if you wanted to help the noobs, but then at least we could untick it if we wanted to go back to the old way. I too found the cocking requirement, and the chance of blowing a bounce in the heat of battle if I forgot (which I occasionally would), to be part of the immersion, and I'm really sorry to see it go.

I totally agree with this proposal… :S!:

Please give it back us the opportunity to re-arm our gun as before.

ROF is a great simulation, it does not deserve to become an arcade game… :(

PS: Sorry for my english google.
"Il faut préférer la modestie de ceux qui s'associent pour combattre aux triomphes passagers de celui qui s'isole."

Cdt De Rose

#83 Soilworker

Soilworker

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:46

I would also like to say that I do not like the pre-cocked guns, I think it lowers the immersion factor.

As others have suggested, perhaps a "Pre-Cocked Machine Guns" option could be added to the realism options.

(And as for helping people who can't figure it out themselves, honestly with access to google these days if you can't work it out you should consider sterilisation and do your bit for humanity. <- Don't take this too seriously, people, just having a laugh)
:D

#84 Dauntless1

Dauntless1

Posted 24 August 2014 - 15:33

I would also like to say that I do not like the pre-cocked guns, I think it lowers the immersion factor.

As others have suggested, perhaps a "Pre-Cocked Machine Guns" option could be added to the realism options.

(And as for helping people who can't figure it out themselves, honestly with access to google these days if you can't work it out you should consider sterilisation and do your bit for humanity. <- Don't take this too seriously, people, just having a laugh)
:D

:S!:

#85 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 24 August 2014 - 15:38

aaaand +1

But saving snap views (again) has much higher priority for me.

#86 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 24 August 2014 - 18:12

Everyone,

Ok I've alerted the team to all of the known bugs you have found in 1.33b. Some might be super easy and can be done shortly. Some, will probably take longer. I share your frustration and want ROF to be operating at 100% with no problems just like you. This update came at an unfortunate time when the team was already swamped with other big ticket items and it caused lapses. Clearly we porked it. I will wotk with the guys and try to gather enough resources to fix these bugs fixed soon. But please be as patient as you can because the team is really hammered right now. Maybe too much right now.

Hang in there.

Jason

#87 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:16

Clearly we porked it
LOL Jason thanks for your response to the problems. :S!:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#88 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:45

Thanks for the update Jason. It makes the waiting easier to take, knowing that progress is being made.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#89 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:32

Ok, let's wait for 33c

#90 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:57

Would it be overly sadistic to point out that Ilya Muromets does not suffer from these bugs? :)

For my part, I'm planning to hang out on the Eastern Front until these issues are resolved. Plenty of SPADs there too! :lol:

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#91 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 25 August 2014 - 15:44

Thanks for the update.

#92 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 25 August 2014 - 19:07

Hi,

Thanks for the tips for the career. TheDude is right, as one of the lads had to take the long walk in order for the Hanriot to make its' debut in the squad. I tried sending 7 planes to the shop, but they were repaired and sent back :( I find it a bit sad that pilots have to bite the bullet in order for new planes to be delivered as the N17 replaced the N11 without loss of blood. Something to think about.
Jason, thanks for the quick response. It feels good to know that after so many years this sim is still alive and kicking :S!:

#93 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:22

Ok, let's wait for 33c
+1

#94 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 14:51

Ok, let's wait for 33c
+1

And pray for there will be no 1.33d! ;)

Thanks Jason!

Edit: And about the pre-cocked guns?

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#95 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 16:47

Thanks Jason …

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#96 m2dpost

m2dpost

Posted 26 August 2014 - 17:57

Can I put in my vote for fixing the head position save bug sooner rather than later? Having to set it for every flight is just ruining my enjoyment of this game. Which really sucks because I just got it a couple weeks ago and it was becoming my favorite. I have had enough finger calisthenics to last me a lifetime now.

#97 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 26 August 2014 - 20:16

…… guns are pre-cocked when you get into the plane since 1.33. Decision to lower complaints from users who do not understand how to make guns fire. A constant complaint from new users……
Jason
Oh, you have just got to be kidding me! You change a wonderful feature of this game just because a few noobs can't figure out they have to first cock the guns? I can't believe you're catering to the weak minded rather than the loyal long-time supporters of this product and it's realism. I shudder to think of what you'll change next due to some people not bothering to learn to play the game properly. And please don't add afterburners for the noobs that complain that some planes aren't fast enough.
No doubt it will be two axis mouse control for our three axis aircraft. :o

I agree having to cock the guns was one of ROF wonderful features and I've missed many a great bounce because of it.

Sorry this isn't going to change back. This one is out of my hands.

Jason
Out of interest, who's running the company these days?
+1 please restore mandatory initial gun cocking before first use .

S!Blade<><

#98 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:16

Hi,

Thanks for the tips for the career. TheDude is right, as one of the lads had to take the long walk in order for the Hanriot to make its' debut in the squad. I tried sending 7 planes to the shop, but they were repaired and sent back :( I find it a bit sad that pilots have to bite the bullet in order for new planes to be delivered as the N17 replaced the N11 without loss of blood. Something to think about.

The Hanriot does not replace the Nieuport 17 entirely until some time in September, so having a mixed number of aircraft in the meanwhile is how I meant it to be.

#99 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:31

Well, De Meulemeester and others were still using their Nieuports in November 1917, before switching completely to Hanriots.

#100 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:18

Hi,

LukeFF, thanks for the heads up :S!:

RR

#101 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:17

For all concerned about bugs in 1.33b.

Another Hotfix (1.33c) is being worked on.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users