• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:18

Guys,

Please define for me any bugs we may have missed with 1.33b. Please be as specific as possible and confirm before posting. It's very hard to keep having to patch ROF when we are up to our eyeballs with BOS deadlines. I'm on your side and hate bugs, but we have to operate under super tight time considerations. We don't have some of the luxuries we had before. I'm still hopeful we can add stuff to ROF in the future, but right now I just need it to work properly.

Jason

#42 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:25

well…i dunno when i get a new game…without even playing it first i look up the controls and study them and chage them around if needed that way i know what i'm doing ;)

#43 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:43

Guys,

Please define for me any bugs we may have missed with 1.33b. Please be as specific as possible and confirm before posting. It's very hard to keep having to patch ROF when we are up to our eyeballs with BOS deadlines. I'm on your side and hate bugs, but we have to operate under super tight time considerations. We don't have some of the luxuries we had before. I'm still hopeful we can add stuff to ROF in the future, but right now I just need it to work properly.

Jason

All of these bugs are confirmed!

1) Real ugly propeller disc on Hanriot HD2 (not present on HD1)

2) External views are "on" even if you don't tickle "Allow Spectators" in the settings.

3) HD-2 balloons guns reload animation not showing.

4) Also, the speedometer for both aircafts Hanriot HD 1 and HD 2 shows IAS instead of TAS at 2000m and 4000m, as it should.

5) Throttle control is animated in the wrong way: when applying full throttle, the lever should be close to you and not forward, as in all French-built planes of this era.

6) bug of view system

7) luascripts of barbed03 object still missing

I've already send PM to both you and Zak, we have open posts in the correct forum section…

See here:

Bugs with Hanriot HD 1 and HD2, update 1.033

Bug report HD-2

I don't know what else I and the others can do!

Also please keep us informed of changes brought by new updates like the new pre-cock feature, otherwise we'll continue to report as bugs things that aren't!

#44 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 August 2014 - 23:09

I also don't like the "pre-cocked" machineguns.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#45 Capt.TeddyBear

Capt.TeddyBear

Posted 23 August 2014 - 00:02

The zoom in out is very slow, so slow as to be unusable.

The "camera" settings do not save or appear to have any affect within the game and the values are not saved so next time you restart they are at the default values.

Can also confirm that the view is off and is not saved with F10

Any chance of getting rid of the cockpit reflections while we are at it? They are not realistic and penalise the allied player most. Not realistic in that your head would normally be in the way so there would be no reflections.

Free Krusty & Wodewick!

Verified Gaming JerkGT  

#46 CapitanFracassa

CapitanFracassa

Posted 23 August 2014 - 00:13

The zoom in out is very slow, so slow as to be unusable.

The "camera" settings do not save or appear to have any affect within the game and the values are not saved so next time you restart they are at the default values.

Can also confirm that the view is off and is not saved with F10

Any chance of getting rid of the cockpit reflections while we are at it? They are not realistic and penalise the allied player most. Not realistic in that your head would normally be in the way so there would be no reflections.

Yes I can confirm anyone of this, apart from cockpit reflections I didnt check allied planes.
I can confirm also the right machinegun firing when engine is not running and the propeller blade is in front of it too.

#47 J9_Austin

J9_Austin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 00:24

Oh, please don't make this game easier. In the past we had full-real servers running at max, huge air battles and rivalries that added to the realism this game has pioneered. I should never see my opponent's plane with an outside view, and I must be able to cock my weapons. Heck, I would shoot my kneecap off after being shot down for the realism, but my wife won't let me own a gun :oops: . "MAN" this game up and bring back the ACES! :x
S!~and good hunting
J9 Austin

Attached Images

• Austin.png

sig_zpsmzog27aq.jpg

#48 Shutter

Shutter
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 23 August 2014 - 00:33

My client is not able to connect to 777 for autentication anymore, after the update. I've never had this problem before.

Same here! :evil:

#49 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 23 August 2014 - 00:56

Hi Jason,

Also, FlightFX/SweetFX are not working with RoF in-game Anti-Aliasing turned on as of the 1.33 update. There is a separate thread on this here: SweetFX issues after last patch

I'm hoping you guys can get this fixed soon. RoF looks great already, but with FlightFX/SweetFX it looks fantastic. And for me and many experienced players we can't get our video cards to work as good as the RoF in-game AA which works great!

So we pretty much have the choice of

1. Use RoF Anti-Aliasing and not FlightFX/SweetFX at all, or

2. Use some lower quality version of AA outside of RoF to be able to use FlightFX/SweetFX. It is definitely a step backwards.

Please help us with this. Just asking for the functionality we had prior to the 1.33 update as somehow RoF AA is now shutting down FlightFX/SweetFX completely.

Thanks! :S!:

#50 Shutter

Shutter
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:08

My client is not able to connect to 777 for autentication anymore, after the update. I've never had this problem before.

Same here! :evil:

I can't even use the game offline! I get a message that says I need to log in to get authentication!

I'm really bummed! I just got my throttle issue fixed, yesterday! :(

#51 J30_von_Hammer

J30_von_Hammer
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:25

hmmm, I got the latest update and now can't play.
I initially updated- did not reboot, was able to enter game. noticed the pan had slight stutter.
After a server game, I closed and rebooted the pc.
1) I hit Rof icon- got rof.exe error
2) second try, hit RoF icon, got to white window, got rof.exe
3) same sequence- now got to start button and as got rof.exe
4) same sequence- got the login screen and got rof.exe
5) same sequence- got to press login button, got rof.exe
6) same sequence- got to museum page, got rof.exe
7) same sequence- got to select multiplayer, got rof.exe
8) same sequence- got to multiplayer screen, selected server, got rof.exe
9) same sequence- got to select server and entered. saw map. selected plane, got rof.exe
From this point on, I either get rof.exe at white screen start button, or once I get to select a plane.
So, I am not able to play the game at all with new patch- any settings I should check? I have the game allowed to the firewall.

#52 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:44

Hi Jason,

Also, FlightFX/SweetFX are not working with RoF in-game Anti-Aliasing turned on as of the 1.33 update. There is a separate thread on this here: SweetFX issues after last patch

I'm hoping you guys can get this fixed soon. RoF looks great already, but with FlightFX/SweetFX it looks fantastic. And for me and many experienced players we can't get our video cards to work as good as the RoF in-game AA which works great!

2. Use some lower quality version of AA outside of RoF to be able to use FlightFX/SweetFX. It is definitely a step backwards.

Please help us with this. Just asking for the functionality we had prior to the 1.33 update as somehow RoF AA is now shutting down FlightFX/SweetFX completely.

Sorry this isn't going to change back. This one is out of my hands.

Jason

#53 J30_von_Hammer

J30_von_Hammer
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:47

per previous listed rof.exe issue.
I tried to run Recovery under Updates.
Now, every time I get to the login screen, it forgets my email and password.
I still make it, most times to the game map, but once I select a plane, I get rof.exe error.

#54 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:16

Gentlemen to make bug killing a little easier you need to put all the bugs in one place. Here is a good place to pile all the bugs you can catch.
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=353&t=43866

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#55 JG1_Labroisse

JG1_Labroisse

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:20

Yes, bring it back please, it was one of those little things that greatly improve your "Hey, I'm a WW1 pilot" impression.

And anyway, on the HD2 you can fire the right MG even if the engine is not turning.

Same with Alb DII.

#56 yaan98

yaan98

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:27

It was mentioned that career mode sometimes has AI Planes that circle in the same spot.

#57 SYN_Skydance

SYN_Skydance

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:08

Way to go :) I was hoping for the F2 fix. Never expected so soon with all the work on BoS going on…… And we got the extras on the Strutter !!! :S!:

#58 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:42

Hi Jason,

Dang…

Have you tried Nvidia Inspector? Is it the same thing? Because I don't use it (NI), but when I tried it seemed to give the same effect of the AA in game, plus the SS. So maybe it works.

Major blow, since graphics and game can't be apart. One thing I never understood. Why place SS together with post effects and the washed out / blurry colors? I can't see how this is realistic. The color is just fine with AA. This is why I had to seek FlightFX/SweetFX in the first place, because AA is not enough for me and I play with SS.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#59 Fazer

Fazer

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:48

I also dislike the new guns cock/arm behavior.
Moreover, The change do not resolve the newbie "problem", but only change from "my guns don't shoot!" to "my guns stopped shooting!" at the first jam…
RoF is a sim, not an arcade shooter, some learning IS required. Else what's next, auto engine starting (no need to press E)?

I do not have the camera setting/cockpit view bug, so it's not universal, there should be some concurrent issue here.

I confirm that second machine gun will shoot even with engine off.

Anyway, thanks to the devs for fixing things.

:S!:
Fazer.

#60 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:52

…… guns are pre-cocked when you get into the plane since 1.33. Decision to lower complaints from users who do not understand how to make guns fire. A constant complaint from new users……
Jason
Oh, you have just got to be kidding me! You change a wonderful feature of this game just because a few noobs can't figure out they have to first cock the guns? I can't believe you're catering to the weak minded rather than the loyal long-time supporters of this product and it's realism. I shudder to think of what you'll change next due to some people not bothering to learn to play the game properly. And please don't add afterburners for the noobs that complain that some planes aren't fast enough.

#61 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:57

he's got a point…

#62 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:48

Gentlemen to make bug killing a little easier you need to put all the bugs in one place. Here is a good place to pile all the bugs you can catch.

No, I will not create a new post for the bugs, AGAIN!

#63 J99_Bodo

J99_Bodo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:05

Nice, Nice,

but when will YOU fix the Stabilator from the DR 1 ?

It´s time to do it.

#64 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:18

View system is bugged - cant set the speed, inertia sliders for it.
As I use the keypad for my view system it makes the game unplayable for me now (can move the camera fast enough).

#65 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:55

No, I will not create a new post for the bugs, AGAIN!
Fine lets keep status quo, lets keep bug reporting spread all over the forum,lets keep the Devs searching all over the forums for bug reports.
Why don't you give them a brake and keep the reports in one place, where they should be. I have found multiple threads and posts about the same bug, does that make sense.

#66 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:14

All bugs reporting is already at the same place, on the bugs section of forum, and Jason and others people from 777 have already been warned about them.

So I don't really understand last statement from jason.

#67 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:30

I love this Sim, and support it totally but I too find myself agreeing about the 'cocked guns' fix?
Surely if the new people can operate a computer they can read a manual. We need realism restored, please.
Cheers
Rod

Vitae elit Brevior

#68 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 23 August 2014 - 14:04

…… guns are pre-cocked when you get into the plane since 1.33. Decision to lower complaints from users who do not understand how to make guns fire. A constant complaint from new users……
Jason
Oh, you have just got to be kidding me! You change a wonderful feature of this game just because a few noobs can't figure out they have to first cock the guns? I can't believe you're catering to the weak minded rather than the loyal long-time supporters of this product and it's realism. I shudder to think of what you'll change next due to some people not bothering to learn to play the game properly. And please don't add afterburners for the noobs that complain that some planes aren't fast enough.
No doubt it will be two axis mouse control for our three axis aircraft. :o

I agree having to cock the guns was one of ROF wonderful features and I've missed many a great bounce because of it.

Sorry this isn't going to change back. This one is out of my hands.

Jason
Out of interest, who's running the company these days?

#69 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 23 August 2014 - 14:25

Out of interest, who's running the company these days?
Damn!
Sid I think the Russians are coming :D

#70 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 23 August 2014 - 14:30

Hi,

First off, thanks for the update & keep them coming. Liked the realism of cocking/reloading the guns, so if it can be reverted to that(or at least a box to tick in the settings) it would be greatly appreciated.
Second, have a question about the Belgian career and the Hanriot; In an ongoing career it doesn't seem to change from the the N17 to the Hanriot on the Aug 21, 1917 date. If I start a career on that date, the Hanriot appears and is flyable. Is this a bug? Sorry, if this issue has already been touched upon…just a bit confused.
Keep up the good work and keep this sim alive :S!:

#71 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 August 2014 - 15:15

Hi,

First off, thanks for the update & keep them coming. Liked the realism of cocking/reloading the guns, so if it can be reverted to that(or at least a box to tick in the settings) it would be greatly appreciated.

I agree - I understand the rationale Jason expressed, and I don't have any problem with making things easier for noob players, BUT if they were going to add this I wish they had done it as an option that could be unticked. Like pre-warmed engines, you could have a "pre-cocked guns" setting, and could even have it ticked by default if you wanted to help the noobs, but then at least we could untick it if we wanted to go back to the old way. I too found the cocking requirement, and the chance of blowing a bounce in the heat of battle if I forgot (which I occasionally would), to be part of the immersion, and I'm really sorry to see it go.

Second, have a question about the Belgian career and the Hanriot; In an ongoing career it doesn't seem to change from the the N17 to the Hanriot on the Aug 21, 1917 date. If I start a career on that date, the Hanriot appears and is flyable. Is this a bug? Sorry, if this issue has already been touched upon…just a bit confused.
Keep up the good work and keep this sim alive :S!:

Luke knows more about this stuff, so he may have a different answer, but IIRC the new plane types may not show up if you still have a full complement of the old plane types left on that date - they may not start showing up until you have some losses. At least, I think I remember seeing posts to that effect some time ago. Maybe try damaging some of the N17s on the ground in a mission and see if some Hanriots show up as replacements?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#72 RiverRat

RiverRat

Posted 23 August 2014 - 15:43

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply Panth :S!: The thought had crossed my mind about reducing the number of N17s with force, just haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it try :x
Yeah, I've had some lol moments with some puppy in the crosshairs and then…damn, forgot to cock the weapons! :mrgreen: Hope it becomes available again.

RR :S!:

#73 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 23 August 2014 - 17:31

Hi,

I agree - I understand the rationale Jason expressed, and I don't have any problem with making things easier for noob players, BUT if they were going to add this I wish they had done it as an option that could be unticked. Like pre-warmed engines, you could have a "pre-cocked guns" setting, and could even have it ticked by default if you wanted to help the noobs, but then at least we could untick it if we wanted to go back to the old way. I too found the cocking requirement, and the chance of blowing a bounce in the heat of battle if I forgot (which I occasionally would), to be part of the immersion, and I'm really sorry to see it go.

Yes! Like pre-warmed engines, you could have a "pre-cocked guns" setting! Please!

Originally, we had cockpit guns that could be cocked and charged/re-loaded separately … that was dropped for button mapping considerations when wing guns were added (to one plane, was it?) and RoF lost a unique feature. Now we cannot cock the guns from a "safe" state at all.

There was no need to kow-tow to those who will not take the time to read the user manual. When a noob has questions, they ask in forum and they are answered quickly by the community. No big worry!
The decision to pre-cock the guns without asking the community was wrong.

Please restore our guns. Give us a setting that allows the choice!

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#74 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 23 August 2014 - 18:51

Luke knows more about this stuff, so he may have a different answer, but IIRC the new plane types may not show up if you still have a full complement of the old plane types left on that date - they may not start showing up until you have some losses. At least, I think I remember seeing posts to that effect some time ago. Maybe try damaging some of the N17s on the ground in a mission and see if some Hanriots show up as replacements?

That's correct - sometimes you won't get a new aircraft type on the scheduled date if you have a full complement of aircraft already.

#75 CaK_Novotny

CaK_Novotny

Posted 23 August 2014 - 21:17

Thank you! Good work.

#76 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 23 August 2014 - 22:10

Watch out!
Probable new bug. Do not enter spins!
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=353&t=43880

#77 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:01

777, please roll back to the previous version immediately until the views and frozen elevators in spins issues are fixed. And while you're at it, roll back to having to cock the guns and tell the noobs they need to learn to read. What a fiasco! Beta testers…. on vacation? …. asleep? …. don't care anymore?

#78 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:54

Beta testers…. on vacation? …. asleep? …. don't care anymore?

Some of these bugs were not present in internal testing, so please stop it with the accusations of incompetence.

#79 JG1_Lee_J10

JG1_Lee_J10

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:23

Beta testers…. on vacation? …. asleep? …. don't care anymore?

Some of these bugs were not present in internal testing, so please stop it with the accusations of incompetence.

Everyone is frustrated and we all want it fixed. The question is how to prevent these glitches creeping in during updates. It's a process problem, not a people problem.

#80 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:38

Huh…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users