- - - - -

Update: Version 1.033b

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:50

Dear pilots!

Rise of Flight master server will be unavailable for about an hour starting from 8:00 and till 9:00 GMT today, August 22nd.
We plan to deploy the fresh version on the server. The change log is as follows:
- Hanriot HD2 with safety collisions is now able to takeoff
- Propeller looks ok when looking from rear cockpit of Sopwith Strutter
- Blip switch button animation on Hanriots fixed
- Camera and bombsight were added to Sopwith Strutter (the two seater)
- Camera was added to Sopwith Strutter B
- F2 camera is no longer available when spectators are not allowed
- Channel missions were restored
- Viewer was restored
- Hanriots now counting in statistics ok
- Landing on central hydrodrome on Lake map was fixed

#2 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:55

Thumbs up!

:S!:

#3 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:57

Good News, Thanks!
:S!:
Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz watercooled with be-Quiet Silent Loop 240, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 7,5cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#4 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:08

Thanks! :S!:

#5 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:09

Big smiles here!

#6 Papa_HUN

Papa_HUN

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:21

Thanks for the patch! :)

"Viewer was restored"
Where can I find it? :)

riseofflight.hu

#7 peterla

peterla

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:00

Really nice guys. I like that guy :S!:

#8 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:03

Thanks for fixing most of the problems, but the guns will fire without cocking them and some will fire without the engine running.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#9 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 22 August 2014 - 13:09

Colon and close brackets

#10 SYN_Mugue

SYN_Mugue

Posted 22 August 2014 - 13:39

Thank you 777! :D :S!:

SYN_Jed-"Colon and close bracket"

Sounds bad mate, perhaps a visit to the Proctologist could set you straight? :lol:

#11 =AxA=V.Alexx

=AxA=V.Alexx

Posted 22 August 2014 - 14:23

3D engine model still remained Le Rhone 9c (80 hp) instead Le Rhone 9Jb (120 hp) :| . Copper fuel pipes must be behind the cylinders rather than in front of them.

#12 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 22 August 2014 - 14:49

Thanks for the update Image

#13 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 22 August 2014 - 15:15

Thanks for this excellent

:mrgreen:

#14 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 15:56

Thanks for the corrections added with this hotfix, but:

How about these bugs?

1) Real ugly propeller disc on Hanriot HD2 (not present on HD1)

2) External views are "on" even if you don't tickle "Allow Spectators" in the settings.

3) HD-2 balloons guns reload animation not showing.

4) Also, the speedometer for both aircafts Hanriot HD 1 and HD 2 shows IAS instead of TAS at 2000m and 4000m, as it should.

5) All planes can now fire without previous cocking/reloading.

6) Throttle control is animated in the wrong way: when applying full throttle, the lever should be close to you and not forward, as in all French-built planes of this era.

Have these bugs been aknowledged, and will they be fixed eventually, or not?

#15 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 22 August 2014 - 16:07

Great!

#16 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 22 August 2014 - 16:11

Thanks for fixing most of the problems, but the guns will fire without cocking them and some will fire without the engine running.

How was this missed (again)?

1.033c, please.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#17 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 22 August 2014 - 16:22

Thanks!
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#18 Dauntless1

Dauntless1

Posted 22 August 2014 - 16:57

Why was the view system changed? I have to hit F9 for every mission due to the game not saving my settings.
What file must I edit so that when a mission starts it starts with my view settings?

Fixed mine! Had to keep setting it up in options until it stuck. :lol:

#19 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 17:16

Thanks for Strutter camera and bombsight! And for the other little corrections, but there is a few left.
Like Dauntless I have trouble with the view system too. Seems slower than before (I'm using POV hat, I don't have a TrackIr), and it resets everytime.

Edit: I have compare with a track I took last week, and I'm really much slower (even If I am now at 100% speed for all types of movement).

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#20 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 22 August 2014 - 17:37

Thanks for Strutter camera and bombsight! …
How do I use the camera?
Bombsight works for me…

#21 CapitanFracassa

CapitanFracassa

Posted 22 August 2014 - 18:02

My client is not able to connect to 777 for autentication anymore, after the update. I've never had this problem before.

#22 cagaredondo

cagaredondo

Posted 22 August 2014 - 18:02

Hi all:
Snap view is broken:
Default view is pan, settings are not stored, you must use F9 key to activate snaps
Stored head positions with f10 are not remembered, lost all, althought are saved again, next view change will lose them.
For someone with a joystick hat is a headache

Hope you will fix it

#23 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 22 August 2014 - 18:15

Like Dauntless I have trouble with the view system too. Seems slower than before (I'm using POV hat, I don't have a TrackIr), and it resets everytime.

Edit: I have compare with a track I took last week, and I'm really much slower (even If I am now at 100% speed for all types of movement).
Yes actionjoe. I also noticed. I use also POV hat and mouse movement and POV hat is very slow, regardless of the speed settings in control.
And also I can not as before save the gunner position - pressing F10. :(

This way, if I do at work, so I will soon in prison, because I fixes the cars!

#24 Endy

Endy

Posted 22 August 2014 - 18:42

My client is not able to connect to 777 for autentication anymore, after the update. I've never had this problem before.

Me too.

To be more precise, when I click update, and go to the update screen, there's nothing there to move from left to right. Anyone?

#25 CapitanFracassa

CapitanFracassa

Posted 22 August 2014 - 19:15

Me too.

To be more precise, when I click update, and go to the update screen, there's nothing there to move from left to right. Anyone?

the update replaced the .exe files of the game, so u have to abilitate them again in the firewall
with comodo it added them to unknown files and sandboxed them.

go to unknown file list and put them in the trusted one. hope this helps.

p.s.
since I use pov hat too I'll check later if I get same problem as mentioned up there

#26 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 22 August 2014 - 19:20

just flew new version…in the camel my sight center will not save i have to set center every flight… :( i haven't flown any other planes but i assume it may be all can't say tho…camel for sure
FTT~

#27 CapitanFracassa

CapitanFracassa

Posted 22 August 2014 - 19:39

Hi all:
Snap view is broken:
Default view is pan, settings are not stored, you must use F9 key to activate snaps
Stored head positions with f10 are not remembered, lost all, althought are saved again, next view change will lose them.
For someone with a joystick hat is a headache

Hope you will fix it

Yes I can confirm it too, all saved positions are lost and movement, movements seem also slower than before, seem.

#28 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 19:56

Guys,

We are checking the view system. Seems a bug was introduced when we compiled. We will fix. Also, guns are pre-cocked when you get into the plane since 1.33. Decision to lower complaints from users who do not understand how to make guns fire. A constant complaint from new users. When they misfire still need to cock and if there are planes that allow them to fire when they should not please let us know asap.

Jason

#29 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:24

Jason you do what you have to do, but honestly, if a pilot can't cock a gun, are you sure they can fly? We always made sure guns were not cocked during training sort as a safety feature. Now I'm fair game to every new pilot with an itchy finger. Oh well …..

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#30 Drugstore

Drugstore

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:29

Goddamned "Steam" brought the goddamned ololo-newbies who are so stupid that "do not understand how to make guns fire". I loved that feature… Without one the gameplay is now little poorer for me((((((

#31 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:39

Thanks! For the update. :S!:

#32 J9_Austin

J9_Austin

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:41

Thanks for the updates. Since then; I have to reset my views after every flight, also the snap view is moving in slow motion. I have gone to my controls and moved all the sliders to the right then applied them, but after every flight they reset to "default". I have had the same settings for 5 yrs and have never touched my views in that time. I have also lost my preset snap views. I was just in a server and a few other pilots noticed the same. I hope this can be fixed.
S!~and good hunting
J9 Austin

I just saw Jason's post. I hope the fix is real soon as I was planning on doing a lot of killing this weekend :x :P

sig_zpsmzog27aq.jpg

#33 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:43

Jason you do what you have to do, but honestly, if a pilot can't cock a gun, are you sure they can fly? We always made sure guns were not cocked during training sort as a safety feature. Now I'm fair game to every new pilot with an itchy finger. Oh well …..

Chief

Sorry Chief. Maybe have them go up wit no ammo?

Jason

#34 CapitanFracassa

CapitanFracassa

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:47

Guys,

We are checking the view system. Seems a bug was introduced when we compiled. We will fix. Also, guns are pre-cocked when you get into the plane since 1.33. Decision to lower complaints from users who do not understand how to make guns fire. A constant complaint from new users. When they misfire still need to cock and if there are planes that allow them to fire when they should not please let us know asap.

Jason

we'll check, but please put back old system with uncocked guns. If you keep listening to every complain from unexperienced users you'll never get things done man.

as chiefredcloud said … if they even dont know how to press button to cock a gun, how they can fly a plane?

#35 Drugstore

Drugstore

Posted 22 August 2014 - 21:09

+1 bring it back please

#36 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 21:17

Yes, bring it back please, it was one of those little things that greatly improve your "Hey, I'm a WW1 pilot" impression.

And anyway, on the HD2 you can fire the right MG even if the engine is not turning.

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#37 Genius

Genius

Posted 22 August 2014 - 21:20

Thanks Jason for the strutter and other bugs

Thanks for the corrections added with this hotfix, but:

How about these bugs?

1) Real ugly propeller disc on Hanriot HD2 (not present on HD1)

2) External views are "on" even if you don't tickle "Allow Spectators" in the settings.

3) HD-2 balloons guns reload animation not showing.

4) Also, the speedometer for both aircafts Hanriot HD 1 and HD 2 shows IAS instead of TAS at 2000m and 4000m, as it should.

5) All planes can now fire without previous cocking/reloading.

6) Throttle control is animated in the wrong way: when applying full throttle, the lever should be close to you and not forward, as in all French-built planes of this era.

Have these bugs been aknowledged, and will they be fixed eventually, or not?

New bug or still bug:

7) bug of view system

8) luascripts of barbed03 object still missing

#38 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 21:23

I always cock my gun(s) before takeoff, out of long habit, and had no idea it was unnecessary till I read it here.

Honestly, don't care much either way as I will continue to cock my guns before takeoff, out of long habit.

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#39 Drugstore

Drugstore

Posted 22 August 2014 - 21:36

You lose two shells in this case (look at your shell-counters)

#40 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 22 August 2014 - 21:42

I always cock before to engage. :S!:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users