- - - - -

[MOD] RoF Ulitmate Mods Pack

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 09 September 2014 - 19:41

Hi tvrtko,

The "Channel Map Classic Trees" mod uses the original Western Front trees on the Channel map. Some of us prefer the look of the Western Front trees over the tree art used on the Channel map. But of course this is optional if you prefer the Channel map trees.

And thanks for reminding me about the Lens Flare Removal mod. I forgot to take it out of the Instruments mod by JJ. Right now it is redundant in both places, but doesn't hurt anything as it is just writing the same file twice unless you're trying to use JJ's mod without Lens Flare Removal. I'll have it fixed later today so "Lens Flare Removal and Round Sun" does not appear in JJ's Instrument mod also, or on your end you could do the opposite and leave Lens Flare Removal in JJ's mod and eliminate the Lens Flare Removal stand alone mod.

Let me know if you find any more redundancies. I'm still waiting to hear back from anyone who can tell me for sure about some of these mods that are thought to have been incorporated into the game by 777.

:S!:

#42 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 11 September 2014 - 16:15

The Heavy Clouds mod you have included here is not the same zip you used in your other thread for it. It is missing files that make the Heavy Clouds option in stock mission creator work as you intended.

#43 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 11 September 2014 - 19:41

Hi tvrtko,

The "Channel Map Classic Trees" mod uses the original Western Front trees on the Channel map. Some of us prefer the look of the Western Front trees over the tree art used on the Channel map. But of course this is optional if you prefer the Channel map trees….

Ok, thanks. But you didn't actually answer my question.
So let me try again but with diferent words.
What about this tree mod performance wise ? Are they (since I
can't really check it by myself, right?, those files are hard coded
…somewhere) bigger, smaller or the same size as the original ?
Sorry if I being pain in the *ss but take a look at my signature
for a moment and you'll understand my concerns.
Truth be told, my GPU is pretty *hitty… :)

#44 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 11 September 2014 - 23:57

The Heavy Clouds mod you have included here is not the same zip you used in your other thread for it. It is missing files that make the Heavy Clouds option in stock mission creator work as you intended.

Hi EmerlistDavjack,

You are correct, and I just fixed it. The download is now corrected to match the Heavy Clouds stand-alone mod.

I had been experimenting with trying to get both the default Heavy Clouds (about a 30-40% cloud cover) to also be an option in addition to the DiFiS Heavy Clouds Mod (a 60-90% cloud cover) when using PWCG. But after your note above I checked and realized it can't be done in QMB.

So I've set it back to the way it was so that the DiFiS Heavy Cloud Mod will work in both PWCG and QMB all the time.

Thank you for the catch! :S!:

#45 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 12 September 2014 - 00:09

Hi tvrtko,

The "Channel Map Classic Trees" mod uses the original Western Front trees on the Channel map. Some of us prefer the look of the Western Front trees over the tree art used on the Channel map. But of course this is optional if you prefer the Channel map trees….

Ok, thanks. But you didn't actually answer my question.
So let me try again but with diferent words.
What about this tree mod performance wise ? Are they (since I
can't really check it by myself, right?, those files are hard coded
…somewhere) bigger, smaller or the same size as the original ?
Sorry if I being pain in the *ss but take a look at my signature
for a moment and you'll understand my concerns.
Truth be told, my GPU is pretty *hitty… :)

Hi tvrtko,

I don't know, but maybe Gav, the mod's author, can answer your question about the file size difference if there is any. I run an i-5 3520 @ 3.0 GHz with an AMD 7850 and didn't notice a hit in performance. Also, you might try a program like FRAPS to test the trees to see how they affect your system's FPS with and without them and let us know how they work for you.

#46 tn_prvteye

tn_prvteye

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:10

Yes, please let me know others that need tuning for level flight. I think I have the CP aircraft sorted.

Don't know if you've already seen it, but the Camels do it, too. Thanks again for your dedication. :S!:

#47 Voss

Voss

Posted 12 September 2014 - 16:38

Hi

I am finally decided to come back in ROF

Many thanks for this compilation. Just one question

Any special order of mods to put into JSGME ?

Regards

#48 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 12 September 2014 - 22:04

Hi Voss,

I've tried very hard to make sure none of the mods conflict with each other so order of installation shouldn't matter. I install them in the order that they appear in JSGME with one exception…

The Historic Rate of Fire mods…you can only use one at a time. They overwrite each other and the last one installed will be the one that is active. So I install/uninstall them one at a time based on the date range I'm flying. If you're flying one sortie in 1916 and the next sortie in 1918 you'll have to change them out for each sortie. But if you're following a career you'll only have to change them out every once in a while as the date moves forward.

P.S. You will see the standard JSGME warning message that the mods "may" conflict as they are writing different files to the same folders, so just say "Yes" to those warning messages and allow the mods to install.

#49 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 13 September 2014 - 00:28

The trees mod just substitutes the old trees from the western front map for the new trees on the channel map. If you're seeing a performance hit on the channel map I would not blame the trees. They are only 2d sprites, after all. The only reason for the mod is that I prefer the look of the old trees.

#50 Voss

Voss

Posted 15 September 2014 - 17:27

Tanks for the info
I followed your advice bucksnort and so far so good i am back in rof now !

#51 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:40

Welcome back, Voss :S!:

#52 Fritz_Kempf

Fritz_Kempf
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 24 September 2014 - 14:12

Hello, these mods are great! I really enjoy them but I've noticed that my Jasta 11 hasn't upgraded to Albatrosses yet and it's Feb 1917. Also Jasta 28 is "undefined". Any tips on fixing this?

Also are there any mods to turn off the server stats? I always uncheck the box when making a new career, but I just don't want to look nor have my computer waste its time loading those stats. Anything here?

Thanks again, love the AI fixes… if only they would fight more aggressively.

ribbonrack.gif

"kennscht mi noch?"

#53 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 September 2014 - 21:49

Thanks again, love the AI fixes… if only they would fight more aggressively.

I agree! If someone can make that happen I will gladly never touch the luascripts again. ;)

#54 Fritz_Kempf

Fritz_Kempf
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:48

Is there a specific load order to these mods? I have loaded all (except the rate of fire given the year of my career). Just making sure I'm not making a simple mistake that might be causes issues.

ribbonrack.gif

"kennscht mi noch?"

#55 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:22

Is there a specific load order to these mods? I have loaded all (except the rate of fire given the year of my career). Just making sure I'm not making a simple mistake that might be causes issues.

I've tried very hard to make sure none of the mods conflict with each other so order of installation shouldn't matter. I install them in the order that they appear in JSGME with the exception being Historic Rate of Fire which does overwrite itself if you install more than one, so last one installed wins, so I only install the one I'm using and switch it out with another when the date changes.

You will see the standard JSGME warning message that the mods "may" conflict as they are writing different files to the same folders, so just say "Yes" to those warning messages and allow the mods to install.

Can't help you with your question on Jasta 11 and 28. Regarding the AI, you'll find it better in PWCG as Pat has improved it quite a bit. You can also make it more aggressive yet by increasing the chance of facing an Ace from 40% (default) to higher (up to 100%) and by changing the balance of Novice, Average, and Veteran pilots. Both can be done in Advanced Settings in PWCG.

Glad you're having fun with the mods. While I've tweaked a few, they aren't mine so credit goes to the authors listed!

#56 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 28 September 2014 - 21:19

Yes, please let me know others that need tuning for level flight. I think I have the CP aircraft sorted.

I belive I saw that behaviour on Nieports 11 and 17.

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#57 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:28

Hi RoclorD,

Gav has fixed the Nieuport 17 and it is included in the AI Pilots Mod in v1.2 of this mod pack. Thanks for the feedback on the Nieuport 11. Neither Gav nor I have had a chance to check all the planes so this type of feedback is helpful.

#58 Fritz_Kempf

Fritz_Kempf
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:45

Hi again,

Still loving the mods! really thinking about the campaign manager as well.

I've been trying to understand the AI, most of the time the AI seems to go into auto climb until you close on them. If I fly quick mission the AI always puts up a fight, and I remember having a mission in my career in the Roland where a squad of AI N17 were pursuing the formation. As soon as I toggled off the auto pilot the N17 just seemed to loose interest. Is there away to help trigger the AI aggression? I know attacking airfields that spawn planes tend to be more aggressive.

Again I love these mods, glad you put them together and people are tweaking these. I was glad to see a flight of Albatrosses not ramming the balloons they were shooting.

ribbonrack.gif

"kennscht mi noch?"

#59 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:15

Hi again,

Still loving the mods! really thinking about the campaign manager as well.

I've been trying to understand the AI, most of the time the AI seems to go into auto climb until you close on them. If I fly quick mission the AI always puts up a fight, and I remember having a mission in my career in the Roland where a squad of AI N17 were pursuing the formation. As soon as I toggled off the auto pilot the N17 just seemed to loose interest. Is there away to help trigger the AI aggression? I know attacking airfields that spawn planes tend to be more aggressive.

Again I love these mods, glad you put them together and people are tweaking these. I was glad to see a flight of Albatrosses not ramming the balloons they were shooting.

Hi Marauder,

Which career are you talking about regarding the AI? In Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator (PWCG) the AI should be pretty much the same as in Quick Mission (Pat's made it a little more sophisticated than that, but overall pretty much the same). But in b-Career there is a documented problem with the AI that can only be fixed by 777.

So for the best AI go with Quick Mission and PWCG.

#60 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:44

Thanks for putting this together Bucksnort. Compiling mods in this way makes things a lot easier for newcomers and people who don't have much time to sort out mods on their own.

It will be the officially endorsed modpack for my channel!

#61 Fritz_Kempf

Fritz_Kempf
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:06

Hi Marauder,

Which career are you talking about regarding the AI? In Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator (PWCG) the AI should be pretty much the same as in Quick Mission (Pat's made it a little more sophisticated than that, but overall pretty much the same). But in b-Career there is a documented problem with the AI that can only be fixed by 777.

So for the best AI go with Quick Mission and PWCG.

Oh okay, all these years I played stock :D . I'll drop Pat's in then, thanks again.

ribbonrack.gif

"kennscht mi noch?"

#62 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 01 October 2014 - 15:34

Hi RoclorD,

Gav has fixed the Nieuport 17 and it is included in the AI Pilots Mod in v1.2 of this mod pack. Thanks for the feedback on the Nieuport 11. Neither Gav nor I have had a chance to check all the planes so this type of feedback is helpful.

Hi Bucksnort,

So this compilation is more up-to-date than rofmods site and even Gavagai's post [MOD] RoF Refined 1.01
Good to know, do you know if anything else in this compilation is more up-to-date than rofmods and single release posts?

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#63 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:04

Wow! This compilation looks utterly fantastic. :) When I get a chance to re-install ROF and play, I am going to have to remember to try ROF out with all of these mods. Thank you to all of the persons responsible for creating all of these mods! ROF is always fun, but it will be neat-o to try out all of these mods, like playing a whole new version of ROF.

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#64 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:07

Hi everyone,

I'm receiving feedback from bucksnort on AI aircraft that porpoise in level flight. So far I have revised the N17, and I will do the SE5a and Fokker D.VIII over the long weekend. Please report others that you have noticed oscillating in level flight.

Hey gav, the Sopwith Pup, Sopwith Triplane and Camel all porpoise in level flight sir. Thanks for your work on this stuff.

#65 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:27

Thanks!

#66 Klugermann

Klugermann

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:04

Great file. Saved me alot of time!

Rob

#67 FuriousTom

FuriousTom

Posted 14 October 2014 - 13:32

Attached File  Untitled.png   32.08KB   553 downloads

I get this error message when trying to add multiple mods? Can I or will it ruin the mod experience?

Attached Files

#68 Ghost_666

Ghost_666

Posted 15 October 2014 - 00:52

just say Yes! :S!:

Circling, Circling, in the sun.  Desperately trying to use my gun.  Up and down and around about.  Left and right I through my Scout.  When I had that Hun, on the run.  My little Newport she spun.  Down and down, with speed I went.  Into the ground, without wings I was sent.  In the mess the empty chair is set.  My flying time is spent.

#69 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:32

I get this error message when trying to add multiple mods? Can I or will it ruin the mod experience?

Welcome to the Forums!

The screenshots seem to have truncated the messages, but if all they are saying is that certain folders have been added by previous mods you can safely ignore those messages and go ahead and activate the subsequent mods. There's really no conflict under those circumstances.

On the other hand, if the message from JSGME says that any specific files have already been added by a previous mod, then there is a conflict of sorts in that the identified file(s) from the subsequent mod are going to over-write the same file(s) from the previous mod. That means that whatever the previous mod had done to that file will be lost, which could possibly cause some sort of problem. The best thing to do in that case is probably to decide which of the two mods you'd rather use and activate only that one.

If you feel daring, you could spend a little time trying to figure out what the overlap between the mods is and whether you can fix the problem by somehow merging the changes from the two mods into the same file (that requires a fair amount of familiarity with the mods and the files and with what the mods were trying to accomplish - it may be easier to just post here about the conflict and see if someone else can or has already figured out how to work around the conflict).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#70 FuriousTom

FuriousTom

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:11

Thank you very much! That clarified it for me.
I added some of the mods, and oh boy! The heavy cloud mod sure made an impact! Feels more realistic now.

#71 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 16 October 2014 - 17:30

Hi Tom,

Those are "Folder" warnings as Panther explains above. There are no conflicts in the Ultimate Mod Pack and you can install everything with one exception:

The four "Rate of Fire" mods do overwrite each other and you can only install one at a time for the time period you are flying. I install everything else and save those for last. Then I install the appropriate Rate of Fire mod for the time period I'm flying and can easily uninstall it and install another one when I want to fly in a different time period.

Glad you guys are having fun with the mods!

#72 Adapt73

Adapt73

Posted 16 October 2014 - 20:51

Darn nice if you buddy! Thank you. I am just starting out. I have used jsjme with SilentHunter 5 using subsim mods. So I think this will be a snap. :S!:

#73 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 18 October 2014 - 22:57

Thanks!

Hi Gav,

All the fixes that you've put in for porpoising that I've tested have worked. So far I've tested:

Nieuport 17
Fokker DVIII
Fokker DVII
Fokker DVIIf
Halb DII
Hanriot HD1

…and the above fixes are already included in v1.2 of this mod pack. When you finish the fix for the Pup, Sopwith Triplane, and Camel please send them to me also and I'll include them in a new version.

Still to be tested but already included in v1.2 are the SE5a, Alb DII, DIII and DVa fixes. Your batting average has been 100% on the fixes, so I'll bet they're good also! :S!:

#74 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 19 October 2014 - 22:57

The Sopwith Dolphin also porpoise in level flight.

Thx for the good work so far :S!:

#75 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 26 October 2014 - 15:35

Ok Bucksnort, I think I am finished with the anti-porpoising adjustments. You and anyone else can have a look by trying out the AI folder that is attached below. It is NOT JSGME ready. I figure that those who want to test out my adjustments will know what to do with it. ;)

This morning I also made adjustments to:

DFW
Cl.2
Nieuport 11
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Triplane
Sopwith Camel
Sopwith Dolphin
Spad 7
Spad 13
Fee

Again, let me know if you see others.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ai.zip   55.19KB   34 downloads

#76 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:50

Ok Bucksnort, I think I am finished with the anti-porpoising adjustments. You and anyone else can have a look by trying out the AI folder that is attached below. It is NOT JSGME ready. I figure that those who want to test out my adjustments will know what to do with it. ;)

This morning I also made adjustments to:

DFW
Cl.2
Nieuport 11
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Triplane
Sopwith Camel
Sopwith Dolphin
Spad 7
Spad 13
Fee

Again, let me know if you see others.

Thanks for this, Gav!!! :S!:

What I'm going to do, everyone, is add these changes to the Ultimate Mods Pack and release v1.3 later tonight or tomorrow that will include them (plus a new Mod by Steppenwolf). Gav has been 100% on fixing this problem on his first attempt, so that's why I'm doing this. I'll be testing these new changes, but please let Gav know if you do find a problem. But I doubt we will based on the work he's already done :)

As always, Gav's new AI folder/files will be JSGME ready when included in the UMP.

#77 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:56

RoF Ultimate Mods Pack Updated to v1.3

Change History v1.3 Oct 26, 2014

Added "Static Effects Mod by Steppenwolf"

Updated "AI Pilots by Criquet, Reflected & Gavagai" (Corrects Porpoising of Wingmen in Level Flight for the following planes):
Nieuport 17
Nieuport 17 British
S.E.5a
Fokker D.VIII
Fokker D.VII
Fokker D.VIIf
Albatros D.II
Albatros D.III
Albatros D.Va
Pfalz D.IIIa
Halberstadt D.II
Hanriot HD1
DFW
Halberstadt Cl.II
Nieuport 11
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Triplane
Sopwith Camel
Sopwith Dolphin
Spad VII
Spad XIII
F.E.2b

#78 vian

vian

Posted 29 October 2014 - 18:13

add that: Rate of fire (historic)

Attached Files

#79 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 30 October 2014 - 14:08

Looks like a very impressive collection! I can't wait to give them a try. Thanks!

#80 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 30 October 2014 - 16:08

I've only briefly had the opportunity to try the Sopwith Triplane in a couple of missions in PWCG, however there was no porpoising at all. Excellent work Gav. Thank you. Thanks also to Bucksnort for including it all in the 1.3 version of his mods collection.

Now if someone could just figure out how to keep so many of the planes from immediately diving for the deck the moment they are engaged. Jason keeps saying their will be announcements for ROF soon now that BOS has finally been shipped. It would be nice if they took a look at the AIs fighting skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users