Photo
- - - - -

[MOD] RoF Ulitmate Mods Pack

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:39

These are the 3rd party mods that I enjoy using the most in RoF and because it can be hard to pour through the 3rd party mods section of this forum to find some of these I have bundled them up into one zip file for ease of access (in particular for new players). I haven't listed all the authors yet but will continue to look for them and add them to the credits below. If you are an author of one or more of these mods please send me a PM and I'll add your name to the list.

The RoF Ultimate Mods Pack has some of the same mods you will find in RoF Refined, but also includes 18 additional mods. Also, some of the mods with the same or a similar name to those found in RoF Refined are actually different mods that I prefer, such as the Reduced Oil Splatter mod which has darker oil and blurs your vision less than the version found in RoF Refined.

The Mods are zipped up "a la carte" so you can pick and choose the ones you like. They are all JSGME ready.

Enjoy! :S!:

RoF Ultimate Mods Pack
Advancing Soldiers by SYN_Vander
AI Pilots by Criquet, Reflected & Gavagai
Avimimus Gunner AI and Positions v1.032
Avimimus Reduced Flak Accuracy
Bullet Effect for Buildings by Steppenwolf
Channel Map Classic Trees by Gavagai
Engine Skins by Fubar
Ground Objects #1 v1.0
Heavy Clouds by DiFiS
High Resolution Texture Package #1 by SYN_Vander
Instrument and Misc Fixes by JJ
Lens Flare Removal and Round Sun by Bbob and Panthercules
More Active Front with No Ambient Flak by *steppenwolf* (modified by Bucksnort)
More Ground Detail by Feathered_IV
Old Look Map v1.0 by Fifi
Pilot Skins by Elephant
Reduced Oil Splatter
Ships Package #1 v2.0 by SYN_Vander and SYN_Bandy
Soldiers #1 v1.0
Static Effects Mod by Steppenwolf
Static Objects #1 v1.0
Static Planes v4.0 by Lefuneste
Terrain Bump by Ankor
Tirpitz Battery Object v1.0 by SYN_Bandy and SYN_Vander
Vehicles #1 v1.0
Water Colour Less Blue by Feathered_IV
Winter Trees by Fubar
WWI Loading Screen by Feathered_IV

And then the Historic Rate of Fire Mods which I move in and out with JSGME depending on the date I'm flying (you can't have them all installed at one time - just one at a time)

Rate of Fire Jan 1916 - Feb 1917 by Gavagai (modified by Bucksnort)
Rate of Fire Mar 1917 - Sep 1917 by Gavagai (modified by Bucksnort)
Rate of Fire Oct 1917 - Apr 1918 by Gavagai (modified by Bucksnort)
Rate of Fire May 1918 - Nov 1918 by Gavagai (modified by Bucksnort)

While you'll still have plenty of nice days in RoF with this mod pack, here are a few examples of the more foreboding weather you'll also see using the "Heavy Clouds" mod included in this pack. The "More Ground Detail" mod (also included in this pack) is also very apparent in these screen shots:

Download Link: RoF Ultimate Mods Pack v1.3

Change History

v1.1 August 18, 2014
Removed "Criquet AI" mods and replaced with "AI Pilots by Criquet, Reflected & Gavagai"

v1.2 Sept 8, 2014
Updated "Avimimus Gunner AI and Positions" to v1.032
Added "Bullet Effect for Buildings by Steppenwolf"
Added "Instrument and Misc Fixes by JJ"

v1.3 Oct 26, 2014
Added "Static Effects Mod by Steppenwolf"
Updated "AI Pilots by Criquet, Reflected & Gavagai" (Corrects Porpoising of Wingmen in Level Flight for the following planes):
Nieuport 17
Nieuport 17 British
S.E.5a
Fokker D.VIII
Fokker D.VII
Fokker D.VIIf
Albatros D.II
Albatros D.III
Albatros D.Va
Pfalz D.IIIa
Halberstadt D.II
Hanriot HD1
DFW
Halberstadt Cl.II
Nieuport 11
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Triplane
Sopwith Camel
Sopwith Dolphin
Spad VII
Spad XIII
F.E.2b

#2 R48

R48

Posted 17 August 2014 - 23:13

Thank you! :S!:

#3 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 17 August 2014 - 23:40

Criquet AI mods are no longer compatible. They must be misnamed?

Nice work!

#4 Ghost_666

Ghost_666

Posted 18 August 2014 - 00:17

Thank you! :S!:
+1 :S!:

Circling, Circling, in the sun.  Desperately trying to use my gun.  Up and down and around about.  Left and right I through my Scout.  When I had that Hun, on the run.  My little Newport she spun.  Down and down, with speed I went.  Into the ground, without wings I was sent.  In the mess the empty chair is set.  My flying time is spent.

#5 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 18 August 2014 - 00:19

Criquet AI mods are no longer compatible. They must be misnamed?

Nice work!

Hi Gav,

Should I replace the two Criquet AI mods with the AI Pilots (Criquet, Reflected & Gavagai) mod from RoF Refined? These are just the mods I'm running that I've accumulated over time and when I packed them up for Yaan I realized other players might want them also (in particular new players who aren't sure where to start).

Please have a look at the list and let me know if you see anything else that should be updated. The graphic enhancements are working, as I can see those, but wouldn't know for sure like you would on the stuff behind the scenes.

Thanks, Gav! :S!:

#6 pippin

pippin

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:23

Wow great collection of Mods thank you for your work
Ian

#7 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:18

Updated to v1.1

Change History

v1.1 Removed Criquet AI mods and replaced with AI Pilots by Criquet, Reflected & Gavagai

#8 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:28

As I understand from Vander (and I will confirm), the Drifter ship has been included in a RoF update some time ago, though not officially acknowledged in the update list.

Thank you for this effort. Perhaps once the dust has settled and these mods put into an easy to use package like this, we can try running a mods-on MP server mission.

#9 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:58

Thanks for the feedback, Bandy. I'll wait to hear back from you or Vander. I think there might be a few others that have also been incorportated but I'll wait to hear back from the modders who would know for sure as even a slight difference in naming is confusing and I can't be sure.

I'm hoping that anyone who sees a redundant or outdated mod in this list will let me know and I'll make the necessary adjustments. My only intent is to create a one-stop-shop for non-competing mods that won't step on each other that is easy for beginners to use. For that reason I'll keep this as a "my favorites" list so that new players won't be faced with a "this mod or that mod, but not both mods" decision. As players become familiar with the mods they can then turn them off or replace them on an individual basis if they like, but should also enjoy a rich gaming experience with the full package implemented.

#10 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:18

Good change. So far as I know I'm the only one who mods AI pilots these days, but I learned how to do it by looking at Criquet's work.

#11 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:51

Oh yes, why not include Ankor's bump map mod in the list?

I love it. For me it made the biggest difference in the atmospheric feel of the terrain, each crop row is well defined, the rivers and roads settled into the ground, etc. All this for no discernible fps impact…

Some don't like what it does to the view very near the ground, but that is only for the few seconds at take off/landing. If you're dogfighting on the deck, you're not looking for pixelled terrain… :x

#12 yaan98

yaan98

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:54

This thread inspired me to come up with my own idea of a mod compilation. I downloaded this mod, Fifi's mod (in a previous thread), and from the mods download page. Then I created a folder named "RoF Mods" and started to dump each zip file contents into that folder. I would only overwrite files that were either smaller in size or older. Now, I have my own custum compilation which is about 700mb to use in JSGME.

Thanks for the inspiration Bucksnort!

#13 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 18 August 2014 - 13:33

I think Difis wonderfull Cloud Mod is no longer compatible isnt it?

#14 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 18 August 2014 - 15:04

Oh yes, why not include Ankor's bump map mod in the list?

I've got that one in there, Bandy. Its named Terrain Bump by Ankor and is his latest version that includes the Channel Map.

#15 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 18 August 2014 - 15:08

I think Difis wonderfull Cloud Mod is no longer compatible isnt it?

I don't know the full history of the DiFiS Cloud Mod but the one I've included in the pack is working great. The way I have it installed it will only appear under Heavy and Heavyfog weather conditions which is really where I think it should be showing up. It offers a true "Broken Sky" of 60% to 90% cloud cover and has the best clouds I've ever seen in RoF.

:S!:

#16 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 16:22

I haven't installed any RoF mods yet because I mainly fly MP, but this package is just too convenient. I will give it a go - thanks very much!!

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#17 Silverback

Silverback

Posted 19 August 2014 - 21:09

Vary cool thank you.

#18 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:17

Thank you from me as well.

#19 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:28

Glad to see more seasoned players finding it useful also :S!:

#20 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:36

Great stuff, Bucksnort, but no Lethality mod from Gavagai?! That mod is the best of the bunch! :S!:

Edit: and I could be wrong, but I don't believe we need to have; Soldiers_1, Ground Objects_1, Vehicles_1, or Static Objects_1, as they are part of the game now …

#21 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:51

Great stuff, Bucksnort, but no Lethality mod from Gavagai?! That mod is the best of the bunch! :S!:

Edit: and I could be wrong, but I don't believe we need to have; Soldiers_1, Ground Objects_1, Vehicles_1, or Static Objects_1, as they are part of the game now …

Hi Dude,

Regarding the Lethality mod by Gav, I don't use it. About 80% of my kills are engine kills with the other 20% being Pilot and Structural. I don't know if that means I'm a great shot or a lousy shot :lol: So I have never used it as I don't get many structural kills as it is.

But, I just looked at it again and forgot about the tracer frequency part. Is the 5:1 ratio more historically accurate. If so I'll add that part and start using it myself. I want to keep this pack as only the mods I use and will keep it "a la carte" so folks can pick and choose what they like.

Also, thanks for the heads up on those other mods you listed as probably now "in-game." How can we find out for sure? This was the type of feedback I've been looking for :S!:

#22 YDS55

YDS55

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:37

Do all these mods also work in career?

#23 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:47

Do all these mods also work in career?

They all work with PWCG with "Mods-On" but I can't remember if B-Career allows "Mods-On." If it does then they should work, but I'll let somebody else confirm it.

#24 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 28 August 2014 - 13:50

Yes, mods-on is available in b-career.

And about Gav's Lethality mod, the best part about it is not having YOUR wings come off. Plus, I've seen a huge increase in flaming kills, probably due to shooting into an already disabled plane that's wings would have already folded up in mods-off mode. I think the primary purpose of Gav's mod is so that battles aren't always decided in one pass. It's much more fun having dogfights that last a bit longer, and prop-hanging AI bullets don't put an early end to a good battle. You should give a try.

#25 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 28 August 2014 - 15:07

Thanks very much for this Bucksnort,there are some mods in there I did not know existed

Thanks very much

Marvel

#26 YDS55

YDS55

Posted 28 August 2014 - 16:04

Stupid question but wat does the PWCG do? I have no mods on in the game so I never heard of it, plus I'm new to this game.

Is the PWCG the same as the normal campaigns that you can choose or is something else?

Cheers :S!:

#27 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 28 August 2014 - 19:43

Stupid question but wat does the PWCG do?

Hi YDS55, welcome to RoF.
PWCG stands for Pat Wilson Campaign Generator, which is the best addon that RoF has at the moment. It was developed by Pat Wilson (hence the name), and it allows you to create and play campaigns under several different scenarios/pilots/years.
Download and give it a try: http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html
Also, take a look here for more info: Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator

Enjoy!

#28 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:51

What Joker said, YDS55.

PWCG is very very good. It pretty much offers infinite playability for RoF. Since you're new I would say keep playing the normal B-Career, but start using PWCG also and it will open up the whole single player universe of RoF for you. It has better AI than B-Career and you can adjust it a million ways to suit your play style. Start by using Simple Config and then as you get more familiar with RoF you can start using Advanced Config to adjust just about anything in the missions PWCG generates. You can make missions longer or shorter in distance, change the time of day, suit up your whole squadron in the skins you want…just about anything you can think of.

#29 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:32

Yes, mods-on is available in b-career.

And about Gav's Lethality mod, the best part about it is not having YOUR wings come off. Plus, I've seen a huge increase in flaming kills, probably due to shooting into an already disabled plane that's wings would have already folded up in mods-off mode. I think the primary purpose of Gav's mod is so that battles aren't always decided in one pass. It's much more fun having dogfights that last a bit longer, and prop-hanging AI bullets don't put an early end to a good battle. You should give a try.

Hi Dude,

I totally believe you, but I've only lost a wing twice in about six months…once in an F2B and the other time in an HP bomber. I remember both so well as it is so rare. And the other day I saw a wingman shoot the wing off an Albatros. Before that it was about 3 weeks ago. I almost never see structural failure. The way I die is almost always pilot killed.

Your note above made me really curious and then I thought of something: I have turbulence in PWCG set at 2 and gunnery is really hard (nearly impossible sometimes). I can barely hit anything because my gunsight is bouncing around so much. I don't even get one kill per sortie because I run out of ammo. Its more like one kill every two or three sorties for me. Maybe turbulence also affects the AI? If its affecting the AI also, then their marksmanship would be as bad as mine? Mostly we poke some holes in each other and then everybody goes home!

#30 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 August 2014 - 16:53

Hi everyone,

I'm receiving feedback from bucksnort on AI aircraft that porpoise in level flight. So far I have revised the N17, and I will do the SE5a and Fokker D.VIII over the long weekend. Please report others that you have noticed oscillating in level flight.

#31 flugkapitan

flugkapitan

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:10

Thanks for working on those AI. In single player I've seen almost every Central Powers AI aircraft do this. Also the player's aircraft when it is on autopilot.

Cheers!

#32 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:17

Hi Gav,

Yes, thank you so much for working on the porpoising. I just tested a squad of Hanriot HD1's in a modified PWCG generated mission and there was no porpoising in level flight.

#33 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 31 August 2014 - 15:32

Thanks for working on those AI. In single player I've seen almost every Central Powers AI aircraft do this. Also the player's aircraft when it is on autopilot.

Cheers!

Yes, autopilot does that because it's the same as the AI. Almost all CP? Do any of them *not* do it so I don't have to test every one? :?

#34 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:14

Updated to v1.2

Change History

v1.2 Sept 8, 2014
Updated "Avimimus Gunner AI and Positions" to v1.032
Added "Bullet Effect for Buildings by Steppenwolf"
Added "Instrument and Misc Fixes by JJ"

Note: Gav is working on the "AI Pilots" mod and I will include those changes in v1.3 when he is finished. Update v1.2 includes some changes but it is still a work in process.

#35 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:06

Yes, please let me know others that need tuning for level flight. I think I have the CP aircraft sorted.

#36 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 08 September 2014 - 17:47

Bucksnort, what exactly is the "bullet effect for buildings" mod?

#37 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 08 September 2014 - 18:29

thanks for the update Bucksnort

#38 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:52

Bucksnort, what exactly is the "bullet effect for buildings" mod?

This:

DIY Building Hit Effects

:)

#39 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:53

thanks for the update Bucksnort

You bet! :S!:

#40 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:58

Thanks for this unifying mate. Got a couple (for now, since I didn't go in detail,
maybe when I dig deeper I'll find some more :mrgreen: ) question though.
First, what does "Channel Map Classic Trees (gavagai)" do exactly ? Does it gives
us (I pray for that!) a better fps or it (just :P ) look pretty ? Perhaps the both ?
And another - both "Instrument and Misc Fixes by JJ" and "Lens Flare Removal
and Round Sun by Bbob & Panthercules" have that very same lens flare removal
effect. So… does it create some problem perhaps ? One of them, for the sake
of simplicity (and some tiny space saving) can be removed, right ?

Thanks for reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users