Photo
- - - - -

2 Map Errors & Updater Log

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 06 November 2009 - 23:44

First two photos using mission editor so you can look at Co ordiates to refind for yourself to see the issue

1/
German trench needs correction as its stretched / distorted

2/
Water in lakes should not go up hill
Check your water/lakes mesh layer as several lakes are going over hills or across a valley area with unusual effects that look WRONG :)

This fix is a MUST DO list fix as its so out of place.

With the new ships object this LAKES level issue needs Moderators to inform the people above of the SHIPs will be released and cause a FLOP , imagine a ship sailing over the hill in this lake above !

Needs fixing for the sake of the SHIPS !

Next picture is a updater issue not to bothered about the outcome but i would like to know the location of the UPDATERLOG file please :)

Requesting info on location of updater log file please

Apart from the above 2 map mesh mistakes , the scenery in RISE OF FLIGHT is Exquisite , very smooth looking and extremely nice to fly over and zigzag along its valleys.

If you need any help fixing these issues please email / pm me as i have been making maps for flight sims using Nasa corrected SMRT data for several years for condor competition flight sim and other online gaming developers.
Easy fix would be to REMOVE the issue lakes and replace with Smaller lakes better placed , depending on process of application of lake area mesh layers.
I believe flattening the lake area would cause more problems than removing and re-applying smaller .

Sorry if these issues are already known , i figured best to post before the release of SHIPS and Boats , as these issues would complicate such a excellent update.

Best Regards
Tony
RAF_Wolf

#2 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 06 November 2009 - 23:57

Moderators you can move this whole post any place required and DELETE if required , its ok :)

moderators ,and Beta Testers

please,,,, make sure you let the powers at be in NEOqb , know it needs fixing before the SHIPS are released.

It will not look good to watch a ship cruise over the hills of water.

#3 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 07 November 2009 - 00:05

Trench looks a bit silly, but that lake really looks ridiculous :D

#4 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 07 November 2009 - 00:23

Moderators you can move this whole post any place required and DELETE if required , its ok :)

No need to delete it. Valid concerns IMO.

It is feedback however, so I will move it to the appropriate place ;)

#5 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:40

Thank you :)

Several other lakes have mistakes in altitued but this one in example photo is by far the most unusual

#6 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:00

If you need any help fixing these issues please email / pm me as i have been making maps for flight sims using Nasa corrected SMRT data for several years
I suppose you've meant SRTM data.

As for updater.log, it is situated in {RoF install path}/data/update.log. It seems your version updates game not with patches, but with copies and that is strange (judging from size of update), but anyway - paste here or better in separate thread log, as this thread have more important problems related to visual deffects, IMHO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users